Rat's Tarot Thread

Rat Luv

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1174 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

21 hours ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

OK.. try mine..

Its a secret though.. so cant tell you here..

OK why not? ☺️

I drew: oh no! FIGHT!! V OF WANDS

wands05.jpg.00e6c12b3961ee4fd602f30cee6d450a.jpg

"Hello, do you sell sticks for fighting with? We''ll take five please."  😲 This suggests quarrels and conflict lie ahead, so if you're planning something, there might be opposition. This seems worrying...but it's quite common. It was every five minutes on SL TG! So don't be fearful - besides, you might win ☺️ And it also stands for competition, so it might not even be a real fight, with nasty words and stuff - maybe you'll soon be taking part in a contest. Also, they don't seem to be doing a good job of hitting each other, their wands are all locked in the middle. Their wands are bigger than them! Maybe your enemies aren't as strong or scary as you think. I'd say this is probably exciting, get ready for some sparks! 🎆

6 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Oh Rat, dear...if you're still in the soothsaying business, here's my question:

Will I live forever, or die trying?

I drew - wow, it's a Major Arcana card (not a sword, wand, tentacle or cup). First of the thread!  (EDIT, no there was also Strength, ignore me) -  THE MAGICIAN!

maj01.jpg.26aaa03a29663b2700280020c1c90189.jpg

Some say this is the best tarot card of all! The Magician can make miracles happen. The honest answer is...both! ☺️You WILL live forever, in memories and hearts, but your body WILL die trying. This is good because if you actually lived physically until the year 10,000 (if 2036 isn't the end of the world) you'd be really bored and eventually want to die. And then you'd be watching everyone else die, and they wouldn't ever get the chance to look back on your life and remember YOU, so you wouldn't really live on. So you get the best of both worlds! I feel this card is missing a bunny head popping out of the cup 🐰

Edited by Rat Luv
dun goofed
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 10/9/2020 at 6:46 PM, Rat Luv said:

I've been studying tarot during lockdown and could do with some interactive practice after all this isolation. I thought I'd do it here because my RL friends don't care 😂

Ask me a question, any question, here and I will shuffle and draw one card (a RL card) for you and use it to answer. If your question is secret, just say "it's secret" and send me vibes through the screen and I'll draw you a card and tell you about it anyway. I don't want any tips, so this is totally FREE ☺️ 

. Visualize me and draw my card. You should know my question when you draw the card.

Also, I have been studying tarot for over 30 years, so I could offer some tips. so to speak.  Try another deck than rider waite if you are using that one.  I get better results in dragon tarot.  I have about 20 different decks but my dragon is the one I use everyday(ish)

Edited by Tarina Sewell
but you have to start somwhere and the clues on the RW deck is easy for beginers.

Nope, Grasshopper, you're on your own on this one! :) I'll comment on cards drawn for me, but not for others. (And yes, I know you were joking anyway.)

I agree that the Rider-Waite is a good one to start on and that you should then at least check out other decks. Sooooo many of them are Rider-Waite-ish though. I used to have 15+ decks (which isn't a lot for those who are truly obsessed), but I keep coming back to the Rider-Waite. :::shrugs::: I use my original deck, which is from the last century and the opposite coast. I think, and this sounds totally looney tunes, but again :::shrug::: I think since tarot is a type of subconscious (or supra?) language, that the user and the deck MAY form a type of connection. :::inhales on funny smelling cigarette::: I can read with any deck, but have a comfort zone with that original one. 

Totally unasked for, but one of the best ways I found to learn the tarot was to design my own deck. You don't have to be an artist, I've seen lovely collage cards. But this exercise forces you to look at the cards, internalize what each means for you, what rings true (a lot of the Golden Dawn stuff doesn't ring my bells), etc. You don't need to use the deck to read. I started to create a deck, or least the Majors, using SL photography but technical difficulties and me having the attention span of a gnat stopped that project fairly early in.

• Thanks 1

@Seicher Rae Thanks! I hadn't considered making my own. 

I think I went for the Rider Waite because it looks a bit old school fortune teller 😊. I've been reading about the woman who did the art, Pamela Colman Smith - she was born in London then grew up in Brooklyn and also illustrated Spider Anansi books. But she doesn't even get a namecheck on the deck 😒

If these weren't so stupid expensive I might get...

16a57bfff1cfa4374e91e8aaa3b03ae8.jpg.da51571b8bdedc25def657ab6b5a06e9.jpg

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Tarina Sewell said:

. Visualize me and draw my card. You should know my question when you draw the card.

I drew: KNIGHT OF PENTACLES

pents12.jpg.3a37f38dac6f9901d75bac14a4fe7249.jpg

The card can mean a cautious but determined perfectionist who sees through things to the end. There are good and bad sides. The Knight would be great to have on your side in a dispute because he won't give up easily...but he could burn himself out just to prove a point!

SO...IF your question was "SHOULD I TAKE MY NEIGHBOUR TO COURT FOR THE OVERGROWING HEDGE?" this card means you'll probably do well in the case. You'll march into court with 1,000 pages of legal decisions and expert articles on hedge growth that you've researched all week and blow the judge's mind! But don't become TOO obsessed with the case and start telling strangers in the shops that a gap of 1cm still breaks hedge zoning laws, or take hundreds of photos of the hedge at 4am - that's a bit obsessive. 

But I have a feeling that wasn't your question 😞...

1 minute ago, Rat Luv said:

The card can mean a cautious but determined perfectionist who sees through things to the end. There are good and bad sides. The Knight would be great to have on your side in a dispute because he won't give up easily...but he could burn himself out just to prove a point!

SO...IF your question was "SHOULD I TAKE MY NEIGHBOUR TO COURT FOR THE OVERGROWING HEDGE?" this card means you'll probably do well in the case. You'll march into court with 1,000 pages of legal decisions and expert articles on hedge growth that you've researched all week and blow the judge's mind! But don't become TOO obsessed with the case and start telling strangers in the shops that a gap of 1cm still breaks hedge zoning laws, or take hundreds of photos of the hedge at 4am - that's a bit obsessive. 

Can I ask where you get the information you determine what a card meaning is?

7 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

To be honest, my question was about work.. You see this card DID answer my question, but I think where you pull your knowledge about cards is lacking. Or as a person just learning you are not focusing on the clues that can tell you...

He sits still, watching over what he has made with his patience, dedicating himself to what he is doing for a gain in finances.  It is the right direction he needs to take to achieve his goals but only if he is still. 

I am not even sure this has a thing to do with legal issues...

Throw another card if you ever get confused. This is a significator card.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Eseme Nova said:

@Rat Luv, This is a general question to make it easy for you.  In my current chapter of my life,  What should I be letting go?

I drew: VII OF SWORDS

swords07.jpg.6e4502c9c02db415f6fb02815e4b4092.jpg

You should quit stealing swords 😉

This can mean a lot of things! It could mean deceit, lying or cheating. I'm not saying you do! But do you sometimes lie to yourself, or persuade yourself you're OK doing things that you really don't want to? Or tell yourself you don't want something when you secretly do? 

Another one is avoiding responsibility and running away from your problems. But I can't lecture you or give advice because I do that all the time 😐 

Another meaning (I read on learntarot.com) is being 'aloof' or a 'lone wolf' though you haven't got much choice in lockdown 😐 But maybe there's something to it? Perhaps if you just ask the people in the tents "Can I have some swords please?" they'll say "Sure! And do you want to come to our Halloween party and have some Pentacles too?" and you won't have to run away with just a few things you can grab, and miss out on future freebies 😊

Edited by Rat Luv
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

I Google around but probably use learntarot.com the most...

The booklet that came with the deck isn't the best.

Some I'm just winging it 😰

Joan Bunning's learntarot.com has been around for-evah and is a good, basic place to learn.

Just about everyone learns via "cookbook" method (in my experience), but as you are finding out there are limitations to that. You're learning a new language, a crazy one at that, so it takes patience. We all do it differently.

I stopped reading for other people for a lot of reasons, and like I said, I don't use it for divination. If I do readings for others I won't do a cold/blind reading. I'm not a mind-reader nor a sooth-sayer, and so I need a clue as to at least what realm the concern is, because while each card has an unique meaning, the specific meaning is going to vary on several things, including, "Are we talking about a plane trip or your marriage?"

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tarina Sewell said:

I wish I had the internet when I was learning, I had to do it old school and  bought tons of books....

Luckily I had both. I learned a ton of stuff off of an old tarot.l mailing list, which had people like tarot historians and Mary Greer and maybe Rachel Pollack? I've moved so much in this century I have no idea where most of everything tarot related ended up. :(

On 10/13/2020 at 6:36 AM, Rat Luv said:

I drew - wow, it's a Major Arcana card (not a sword, wand, tentacle or cup). First of the thread!  (EDIT, no there was also Strength, ignore me) -  THE MAGICIAN!

maj01.jpg.26aaa03a29663b2700280020c1c90189.jpg

Some say this is the best tarot card of all! The Magician can make miracles happen. The honest answer is...both! ☺️You WILL live forever, in memories and hearts, but your body WILL die trying. This is good because if you actually lived physically until the year 10,000 (if 2036 isn't the end of the world) you'd be really bored and eventually want to die. And then you'd be watching everyone else die, and they wouldn't ever get the chance to look back on your life and remember YOU, so you wouldn't really live on. So you get the best of both worlds! I feel this card is missing a bunny head popping out of the cup 🐰

Late reaction but I believe this is the realest and maybe the one and only no-nonsense interpretation of this card I have ever read on the Internet. The Magician is my life story, and also my shadow self when in reverse. Thank you, it resonated with me even if this was for another person lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1174 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.