Rat's Tarot Thread

Rat Luv

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1182 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 11/19/2020 at 1:05 PM, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

I would not mind a re-draw of my first question. since I know things can change on the other side the results may not always stay the same.

So the first one was a secret and I picked up 5 of Wands...the fight card! So that was suggesting possible conflicts...though nothing you coudn't handle!

Recheck! I drew: THREE OF CUPS

cups03.jpg.05af8edb100aea8d29aac116cbd56933.jpg

This could be a truce! Maybe the fight is coming to an end and you will find common ground with the people, or circumstances, you thought you were up against. This card's also about community and friendship, so if a rough period comes up, you can count on support from local people even if you didn't expect their help? They're all saying cheers! So I guess, whatever battles you go through (or are going through), kindness and community are just a step away :) Or maybe a situation you're dreading, because you think you'll just get bogged down with fights with others, will actually be a minor tiff and you'll all get along OK after?

• Like 1

On 11/18/2020 at 12:14 AM, Rat Luv said:

I drew: THREE OF PENTACLES

pents03.jpg.65ae225ab1f429692ef44fd4f0e59838.jpg

(Is there any way you can take the job AND carry on your studies?)

@Yuumo Ichibara I've been thinking about this...and the picture. The bartender might mean 'job'. The monk might mean 'studies'. So maybe this means you CAN mix them...and the jester means have fun while you do both??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/26/2021 at 3:56 AM, Lindal Kidd said:

I just thought I'd give this a bump and see if @Rat Luv is still giving readings.

Rat, dear...should I stay or should I go? What do the cards say?? (I've made this deliberately vague because it actually applies to several situations/decisions)

I just sang to my deck "So come on and let me know...should Lindal stay or should she go?"xD

I did it a bit differently this time: three cards...one for the situation behind the question - one for a possible outcome of STAYING - and one for a possible outcome of GOING:

Card 1: TEN OF WANDS

wands10.jpg.9e25a235969a32d3de487fb328935771.jpg

The man's got the most wands in the deck, but it's a bit of a strain! Maybe you're taking on too much at the moment, or feel like everything's an uphill struggle? Or maybe somebody who should be helping you isn't pulling their weight? This travelling wand salesman is holding the lot while his colleague runs on ahead light-handed! It might also mean you're not working as efficiently as you could, or are making your work harder than it needs to be? Either way, I think the card might be saying, put the wands down for a minute and catch your breath, there has to be an easier way!

Card 2: (STAY)  THE DEVIL

maj15.jpg.b61795d9163e166bce7cb1e40ad61309.jpg

Orwar's favourite! (just kidding!) This is actually quite interesting. It doesn't really mean 'evil' like serial killers or wasps, but is a bit bleak. It can mean addiction to physical pleasures, like drink and drugs, or becoming stuck in a routine, or only caring about material things. It can also mean negative thinking and paranoia, or being convinced that the world sucks and there's no point...but just because you think the worst is going to happen, it doesn't mean it will!

It could maybe also mean feeling indebted to stay somewhere you don't want to be. The Devil's like a bad situation and his victims *appear* to be chained to him...but they seem more fed up than frightened! They could easily slip the chains over their heads if they wanted to! ;) (they might need to remove the horns though?)

Card 3: (GO) SEVEN OF WANDS

wands07.jpg.7227a0f51d972ae86e98ff35d49e4ed1.jpg

The man's chucked his wands (ETA and has dyed his hair) and is setting off on a new course, with an easier to manage single wand...but the old wands, or old ways, are rising up to whack him! This card is about standing up for what you believe is right, or going with your gut instinct. BUT doing that might mean having to tell a few people 'no!' or making an effort to move on and not drift back to where you were. Going from one place in life to another isn't always easy, but IF you decide it's the best thing for you, there might be some obstacles to overcome. But the man isn't retreating...he's like "Oi! Back off! I've had enough!" Don't let the wands drive you back! 💪

Edited by Rat Luv
  • Like 4

Ooh! I don't have Rat's touch with the cards, but I'm moved to comment on @LunaThyme's question anyway.

Your life is yours, and will be until you die. No one can take it from you. But you can never get your "old life" back, only move on to new chapters.  This is true of everyone, whether that old life is taken simply by the passage of time, or by some disruptive event or evil person.

Whatever has happened to you, I wish you all the best.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Ooh! I don't have Rat's touch with the cards, but I'm moved to comment on @LunaThyme's question anyway.

Your life is yours, and will be until you die. No one can take it from you. But you can never get your "old life" back, only move on to new chapters.  This is true of everyone, whether that old life is taken simply by the passage of time, or by some disruptive event or evil person.

Whatever has happened to you, I wish you all the best.

@Lindal Kidd- I don't really want to go into the reasons behind my question to @Rat Luvhere, but I appreciate your kind words! ❤️

My question is:  will I ever get my life back?

@LunaThymeLuna your question BROKE THE DECK! :oxD

It's gone mad on me...I cannot figure out how the card relates to your question AT ALL...have tried writing this 100 times and none of it makes sense...

I think Lindal's advice is probably better in this case!

(ETA again, it's The Empress if any of the tarot pros want a go at this?)

Edited by Rat Luv
the card has stumped me
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

@LunaThymeLuna your question BROKE THE DECK! :oxD

It's gone mad on me...I cannot figure out how the card relates to your question AT ALL...have tried writing this 100 times and none of it makes sense...

I think Lindal's advice is probably better in this case!

(ETA again, it's The Empress if any of the tarot pros want a go at this?)

@Rat LuvSo sorry my question has given you such a hard time - but you've actually helped me more than you think! 🙂

I googled the meaning of The Empress card, and what it said made a lot of sense for me, in my current situation.  Although, I understand the interpretation of the card can be different if the card was reversed - so can you remember which way up the card was?

Thanks again for taking the time to do this, and for your very kind private message - it's much appreciated! ❤️

• Like 1

OK, let me try to redo what I originally wrote from memory 😆 I drew - THE EMPRESS (ETA  -the right way up, not reversed)

maj03.jpg.c809ddf4a91f3aac129d2c90c0610279.jpg

To me, this is the 'Mother Earth' card! I just want to sit in a wood and listen to T Rex and listen to the wolves howl 🐺

This card stands for nurturing, raising children, connecting to nature and health. Don't worry, I won't say "You should do outdoors yoga, speak to trees and drink herbal tea"! (but do it if you want xD) But as well as giving birth to children, this card can mean creativity, and giving birth to art and ideas. Maybe it's worth looking back to creative things you used to do that you enjoyed, and finding out if doing them again kick starts other emotions that help you rediscover the life you think you lost? (which, agreeing with Lindal, I'm sure you haven't - it's just that circumstances have changed )

The Empress is powerful, but she has patchy moments too. Look at her face - she's like, "I've had better days!" Even Empresses can't escape bad days or pandemics. But she is still wearing her crown of stars and in control! Sometimes you just have to ride out bad situations, but remember you're in control and are the same person who enjoyed the good times :) Maybe try applying your best skills and personality traits that worked before to the present? And spoil yourself with a day of treats :P

Edited by Rat Luv
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

OK, let me try to redo what I originally wrote from memory 😆 I drew - THE EMPRESS (ETA  -the right way up, not reversed)

maj03.jpg.c809ddf4a91f3aac129d2c90c0610279.jpg

To me, this is the 'Mother Earth' card! I just want to sit in a wood and listen to T Rex and listen to the wolves howl 🐺

This card stands for nurturing, raising children, connecting to nature and health. Don't worry, I won't say "You should do outdoors yoga, speak to trees and drink herbal tea"! (but do it if you want xD) But as well as giving birth to children, this card can mean creativity, and giving birth to art and ideas. Maybe it's worth looking back to creative things you used to do that you enjoyed, and finding out if doing them again kick starts other emotions that help you rediscover the life you think you lost? (which, agreeing with Lindal, I'm sure you haven't - it's just that circumstances have changed )

The Empress is powerful, but she has patchy moments too. Look at her face - she's like, "I've had better days!" Even Empresses can't escape bad days or pandemics. But she is still wearing her crown of stars and in control! Sometimes you just have to ride out bad situations, but remember you're in control and are the same person who enjoyed the good times :) Maybe try applying your best skills and personality traits that worked before to the present? And spoil yourself with a day of treats :P

Thanks @Rat Luv - the bit about creativity and giving birth to ideas does make sense to me right now.  And the Empress's face looking like she's had better days - well, you're spot on there, mine certainly looks like that, too! 🤣  The bad situation I'm riding out has been going on for a very long time, and is not in my control.  But the overall positivity of your reading has certainly helped to give me some hope for the future.  Thanks again! ❤️

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1182 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.