Rat's Tarot Thread

Rat Luv

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1194 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was going to draw a card IRL for myself, but: lazy. (That may apply to my question!)

I have a project list and it is set up in a circular chart format, so it looks like a wagon wheel, with a center hub, spokes and rim. ALL the areas are important and I'm overwhelmed. Which area should I focus upon first?

(This is how I use the tarot, as I've mentioned, not for predicting the future, but a little help from the collective unconscious for some thinking outside of the box problem solving.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

I have a project list and it is set up in a circular chart format, so it looks like a wagon wheel, with a center hub, spokes and rim. ALL the areas are important and I'm overwhelmed. Which area should I focus upon first?

(This is how I use the tarot, as I've mentioned, not for predicting the future, but a little help from the collective unconscious for some thinking outside of the box problem solving.)

Yes, the deck goes a bit weird when I ask it for the winning Lottery numbers :|

I drew: KNIGHT OF WANDS

wands12.jpg.c83e0575f4d6fb385d47d254f7d10412.jpg

This card's a bit of a nutter! In a good way :) He just charges in after what he wants! He's full of confidence and doesn't take no for an answer. Sometimes he brags a bit and exaggerates things, and can be very reckless! There he is on his horse, yelling "STOP THE COUNT!"

Sorry, just messing around, please don't ban me 9_9  I know less about politics than I do about whatever Arduenn asked me. But this card is like a big bundle of energy. It's not a 'sitting around making lists' card! It's more like "Now, now, do it now!" His horse is mad up for it too 🐴

So I think the card is saying: don't overthink it, because maybe that's why you feel overwhelmed? What project are you most enthusiastic about and gets you most excited when you think about doing it? Just throw yourself into that one and look at the wagon wheel later! Otherwise, you might still be looking at it next week, thinking "Mmm, well this would be nice...but I also want to do that, but maybe...oh, this one too..."

The only negatives might be burning yourself out, or becoming too overconfident and ignoring danger signs once you get started. Or maybe being arrogant. But if you watch out for that, you'll be OK! If worst comes to worst, throw a dart at the wheel and just go with whatever project it hits. Go wild! 🐯

Here's your card if it was a song 

Edited by Rat Luv
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Chroma Starlight said:

We'd love a reading or draw, prompt:  our vector forward

I had to look up 'vector' :S Still not sure I know what it is xD

I drew: EIGHT OF CUPS

cups08.jpg.0626890431cdcf4244ce4af2784354fc.jpg

The guy's had enough of the cups, he's walking away! Is that the moon or sun at the top?? It looks like it's had enough too :|

I think this card is saying that moving forward means making a clean break with the past. If something hasn't been working out, just leave it behind. There's only so much you can do. He's back on dry land at least! And eight cups is a lot to deal with. 

This could mean your future vector (I hope this is right???) leads you to discover what you really want to do in life from now on. I think a lot of people are wondering that this year ;) 

I mean, what you REALLY want to do...maybe things you can't even tell your friends or family or workmates? It could also mean taking a trip, which seems silly in 2020...but maybe it's a mind trip? Maybe you'll learn some new amazing things about yourself? You might never know if you don't walk away, even if it feels sad or scary at first...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

Yes, the deck goes a bit weird when I ask it for the winning Lottery numbers :|

I drew: KNIGHT OF WANDS

wands12.jpg.c83e0575f4d6fb385d47d254f7d10412.jpg

This card's a bit of a nutter! In a good way :) He just charges in after what he wants! He's full of confidence and doesn't take no for an answer. Sometimes he brags a bit and exaggerates things, and can be very reckless! There he is on his horse, yelling "STOP THE COUNT!"

Sorry, just messing around, please don't ban me 9_9  I know less about politics than I do about whatever Arduenn asked me. But this card is like a big bundle of energy. It's not a 'sitting around making lists' card! It's more like "Now, now, do it now!" His horse is mad up for it too 🐴

So I think the card is saying: don't overthink it, because maybe that's why you feel overwhelmed? What project are you most enthusiastic about and gets you most excited when you think about doing it? Just throw yourself into that one and look at the wagon wheel later! Otherwise, you might still be looking at it next week, thinking "Mmm, well this would be nice...but I also want to do that, but maybe...oh, this one too..."

The only negatives might be burning yourself out, or becoming too overconfident and ignoring danger signs once you get started. Or maybe being arrogant. But if you watch out for that, you'll be OK! If worst comes to worst, throw a dart at the wheel and just go with whatever project it hits. Go wild! 🐯

Here's your card if it was a song 

Wow. That card.

I think this totally nails the energy of the situation. 

Really interesting reading and take on it. Love the song, and it is totally spot on for at least certain aspects of how I see this card.

I know some people take this as pure entertainment, but I take it kinda seriously because of the way I use the cards and the way I think the cards work.

hmmm. I need to think on this.

If you don't mind, I may draw an explainer card, and share?

Rat, do you ever pay attention to whether the card you draw is right side up, or upside down? Did you happen to notice on this one?

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Thanks 1

Rat's reading for Seicher matches my thought on "wagon wheel" projects. 

Being a wheel, you can start anywhere.  Pick one!  Do it, or get it underway, or whatever's called for, then move to the next one and just work your way around.

Or, if you're less methodical, adopt the Plate Juggler method.  Start one plate spinning on its wand, jump to another and start it spinning too.  Do this until all the sub-projects are up and running, then run back and forth, giving a quick spin to any plate that looks like it's slowing down.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Rat's reading for Seicher matches my thought on "wagon wheel" projects. 

Being a wheel, you can start anywhere.  Pick one!  Do it, or get it underway, or whatever's called for, then move to the next one and just work your way around.

Or, if you're less methodical, adopt the Plate Juggler method.  Start one plate spinning on its wand, jump to another and start it spinning too.  Do this until all the sub-projects are up and running, then run back and forth, giving a quick spin to any plate that looks like it's slowing down.

Yup, that's one way to look at it, without the cards.

I also have an engineering background, and I get the whole straight-line logic thing.

But that's the beauty of the tarot, or at least how I view it and use it. Not everything is an applied science project, and insight can be gleaned...sometimes...by standing on one's head and listening to Taylor Swift music if only you get the notion to do THAT.

For me, and what I see that Knight showing, is that the plate juggler method you describe would end up with a lot of broken pottery.

As for the first idea of starting anywhere, sure. But some spokes might be more equal than others. Or maybe I'm just too wrapped up in it, charging around (the Knight) to see.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

Rat, do you ever pay attention to whether the card you draw is right side up, or upside down? Did you happen to notice on this one?

I'm a bit OCD about shuffling and putting them back properly, so I haven't really had reversals - except one I did for myself when I was holding the deck upside down 9_9 Yours was definitely the right way up!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

Sure, please do!

Thanks. I will warn you, right now this is just a stream of consciousness path as I try to parse this reading. AKA: TL:DR post. :)

I felt the K o W was rather spot on, but still didn't know what to do with it or think about it.

image.png.0b1cce418781d7ba82c765715fdc9d51.png I'm the world's slowest tarot reader. To your KoW I drew the 4 of W.

Clearly there is a lot of Wand energy. Wands are fire. Like fire they can create, they are energy, but they can also destroy. Both of the cards drawn were upright. I tend to read that as discussing more of the positive qualities unless there is some reason not to (more cards, specific situations, etc.) Wands are in part about self-actualizing. For my "question" this is spot on again. Wands are about intuition, and that may be referring to approaching this with... tarot (intuition in my world). 

Knights are about doing (in part). You described the "full steam ahead" bit of the KoW well. Pages are more about starting out, and learning. Knights are older and raring to go. Full of fire. Combine that with the fire of Wands and well, poof? You're sitting around covered in ash from just a bit too much heat?

Hm. So on top of that heat I add more kindling: The 4 of Wands.

It is really tough, regardless of the deck used, to put a heavy negative spin on this card.

image.png.531e87903252da2ffca481dd57c0ff72.png

Fours are stable. Grounded. So different from the nasty fives. 

The Golden Dawn relied a lot on kabbalah. For personal reasons I'm struck by the placements of the wands to mimic either a chuppah and/or sukkot, both parts of Jewish ritual and celebration. Certainly the people in the distance are celebrating.

While the sukkot is part of a celebration of the harvest (end), the chuppah is about weddings (beginning!). Oh wheel of life, beginning/ending/beginning/ending... Wait, wasn't the initial question about a wheel???

I can't get away from the "social" aspect of this card, which because of my question, is REALLY interesting. 

Even though my question is about my "project" wheel, I had not specifically LOOKED at the wheel. I knew what it contained, and I figured any tarot reading would tell me about what area we were dealing with. I thought I should look at the darned wheel. I thought, after drawing the four of Wands that I should look at the FOURTH spoke. For whatever reason, I subconsciously chose, and "knew" that the spokes were numbered like an astrology wheel, starting at a circle's 270 degrees and moving anti-clockwise. Mmkay?

I removed the other labels, because it is a private project, but looky at what ended up being the FOURTH spoke:

image.png.e95c9126e0f9823f4c214d952c8968f9.png

Ha! zomg. Yeah. Hellloooooo 4 of W!

If you can tell by the way the chart is set up, "social" is the lowest of the readings except for maybe spoke #7 (they are at a bit of a tie). 

My very slowly arrived at "immediate" response to the two cards, the Knight and 4 of Wands is:

The Knight is saying, "Charge Ahead!" (with the intrinsic warning of the cards to, keep a rein on it). The time of study and pondering and making pretty graphs (Page) is done. Get on with it. It is the energy of self-actualization. Grab it! With caution because fire is hot. Focus that fire into the social sphere, don't go it alone, celebrate my victories, (but don't rest on laurels...the Knight). Sadly, that is one of THE toughest spokes on the wheel to engage at the moment, in part due to COVID but due to other things as well.

This gives me food for thought. I see the "rightness" of this.

There is so much information in these two cards, as with all of tarot. This is why I'm sloooooow. I'm also the world's slowest SL photographer for much the same reasons: too many knobs and sliders and angles and... things. Ponder ponder. (NO! Get off butt and do!... "Yes Mr. Knight.")

PS: Another insight: Neither of the cards are Majors. So the energy is in the mundane world. Interesting, since the Wands are about actualizing. Chop wood, carry water. (Eastern philosophy reference to enlightenment.)

I think I need an adult beverage now.

PPS: Disclaimer. I don't necessarily think the images I used, with their brief descriptors, are "the best" but I thought they were kinda pretty and had some interesting comments.

PPPS: The spokes were labelled MONTHS ago and randomly. (Random being an interesting choice of words at this moment. :)  )

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 1

That's great @Seicher Rae it's like you're doing detective work with the cards B| 

When I first wrote it up, I put something like 'maybe don't concentrate so much on little details like the spokes and rim, they could be distracting you, it's the project details that count', but then quickly edited out as it felt wrong. Which was good as they were a big part of it in the end :)

Edited by Rat Luv
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

That's great @Seicher Rae it's like you're doing detective work with the cards B| 

When I first wrote it up, I put something like 'maybe don't concentrate so much on little details like the spokes and rim, they could be distracting you, it's the project details that count', but then quickly edited out as it felt wrong. Which was good as they were a big part of it in the end :)

I think you nailed the reading, and the Ramones' song was the cherry on top.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2020 at 5:18 AM, Yuumo Ichibara said:

@Rat Luv

To pursue a job opportunity or further studies?

I drew: THREE OF PENTACLES

pents03.jpg.65ae225ab1f429692ef44fd4f0e59838.jpg

It's the teamwork card! You've got the innkeeper, the monk and the jester (I think it's a jester? or else he got trapped in a curtain o.O) hanging around, plotting their next move! Actually, is it an innkeeper? It looks like he's polishing a wine glass...¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyway, this card shows you're capable of getting things done properly - so whichever option you choose, you'll do it well! The card is also saying "prepare yourself!" so if you haven't already done it, maybe make a list of the pros and cons of each choice... like what you'll need to do, things you might have to give up or change, etc, for each option. So if you choose studies, perhaps think about how you'll look after yourself without a fixed income. If you go for the job, will there be opportunities for you to still study, and if not, will that eventually become frustrating?

The card also suggests collaborations with other people, or being part of a cool team B| If the job and studies are related, taking the job could be a good way to test out what you've learned, to see how well that knowledge works when other people are involved? It's like that old saying, "You can learn more on the job than in class!" (I think that's right?)

It's like the three people on this card are the Page of Cups, the Hermit and the Fool, and the Fool's saying, "Yeah, I did a degree in bar management" and the Page is saying "Oh yeah? I do it full time, it's not as easy as you think!" and the Hermit and Fool go along to help him in the bar, and hours later the Fool says "OK, I didn't realise what it's like to clean 1,000 cups in one night - but now I know". 

(Is there any way you can take the job AND carry on your studies?)

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

OK, now you're just giving waffle advice that supports either choice.  A staple of fortune tellers, it's true, but it's still a cop-out in my book.  But you did nail it in the last sentence, that is EXACTLY what I thought when I read Yuumo's question.

It'd be very easy for me to say "do this one!" or "no, do that one!" when I don't have to face the consequences. Or to give advice that can affect peoples' lives based on drawing a random card from a pack of playing cards.

Just want to stress, everything I've said in this thread should be taken with a pinch of salt and was just meant for a bit of fun, I hope I made that clear...I don't have any special hoodoo powers. 

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1194 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.