Premium Stipends Delayed

Alwin Alcott

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1311 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, Odaks said:

True, but in SL-value, that's a whole new dress!

😉

Point taken.  Looking at it another way .... If you save your RL coffee money for a week and buy L$ with it on Monday morning, you'd have over L$4800.  That's enough to buy a bucketload of new dresses.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

😉

Point taken.  Looking at it another way .... If you save your RL coffee money for a week and buy L$ with it on Monday morning, you'd have over L$4800.  That's enough to buy a bucketload of new dresses.  

Suspects that as wonderful as the dresses may be, they will not counter the suffering from the caffeine withdrawals!

• Haha 5

21 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

It amounts to about $1.20.  Not quite enough to notice. If I were Premium and saved up for a couple of weeks, I'd have almost enough to buy a 20 oz cup of coffee. 

The way I looked at it was, I am paying far more than I want for Premium, but at least I get this back, so that effectively lowers what I pay. And I did use the money, saved me having to buy quite as many Lindens. These days I don't use SL, so I just log in every few weeks and donate what has accumulated. It amounts to several thousand Lindens by the that point, is not nothing, IMO.

• Like 2

On 9/29/2020 at 1:43 PM, Odaks said:

True, but in SL-value, that's a whole new dress!

Ha!  One color of dress is 250 lindens.  I don't use preset colors for my HUDs like other companies do.  I use a HUD that gives ALL colors for most of my items, so you get about 25,000 lindens worth of items rather than one color another creator has chosen for 250 lindens.  I think all the creator's should have used the HUDs I use and not use preset colors because some of their colors are just terrible.  Other creator's are using a HUD just like I have except they preset the colors and made their own HUD.  I wanted to give people ALL the colors so they can experience color and a color they would like to have.  Other creator's could have done the same.  They are using the same type of HUD, it's just they preset a color so you cannot choose your own color.  

Edited by FairreLilette

13 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Ha!  One color of dress is 250 lindens.  I don't use preset colors for my HUDs like other companies do.  I use a HUD that gives ALL colors for most of my items, so you get about 25,000 lindens worth of items rather than one color another creator has chosen for 250 lindens.  I think all the creator's should have used the HUDs I use and not use preset colors because some of their colors are just terrible.  Other creator's are using a HUD just like I have except they preset the colors and made their own HUD.  I wanted to give people ALL the colors so they can experience color and a color they would like to have.  Other creator's could have done the same.  They are using the same type of HUD, it's just they preset a color so you cannot choose your own color.  

Which is very helpful when trying to match shoes to an outfit.  The reds and blues especially have such a wide range of shades, it's often hard to find the right shoe.  

ETA. I wish your butterfly shoes had a legacy size.

Edited by RowanMinx
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

Which is very helpful when trying to match shoes to an outfit.  The reds and blues especially have such a wide range of shades, it's often hard to find the right shoe.

I know.  And, there are some new designer's I'm trying and the colors are just terrible that they choose for their HUD.  But, the clothes are cute.  It's a shame.  They may loose a potential customer because they choose just terrible colors.   I may find one color tolerable in this new designer I found.  Geesssssh, some of the clothing designer's should hire a colorist who at least knows color.  lol  I mean the colors are that bad that she choose for her line.  There isn't even a camel for example.  

20 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

ETA. I wish your butterfly shoes had a legacy size.

Awwwwwww, thanks.  It's the fit.  I don't know when or if I will venture into buying other bodies.  I'm not sure the overall economies are stable enough for me to do that.  

But, again, I found this new designer with just adorable clothing and the only color of pink she has is hot pink.  Pink is my favorite color but not hot pink.  I want the softer pinks.  Her clothing is just adorable though.  She needed to consult with a colorist before putting out those colors, imo.  Hot pink only?  Barf.  lol

8 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Awwwwwww, thanks.  It's the fit.  I don't know when or if I will venture into buying other bodies.  I'm not sure the overall economies are stable enough for me to do that.  

But, again, I found this new designer with just adorable clothing and the only color of pink she has is hot pink.  Pink is my favorite color but not hot pink.  I want the softer pinks.  Her clothing is just adorable though.  She needed to consult with a colorist before putting out those colors, imo.  Hot pink only?  Barf.  lol

I have trouble with brown.  I love wearing browns but none of the shoes I've found have an actual Crayola crayon brown.  

5 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

I have trouble with brown.  I love wearing browns but none of the shoes I've found have an actual Crayola crayon brown.  

I'll be doing more shoes in the future with my 100's of colors HUD where you can make just about every color there is.  But, you want Legacy?  I'm doing men's Legacy right now and it's not done yet.  But check back as I will have more shoes in the coming months.  It takes awhile to make stuff.  I think it may look easy but it isn't.  

As far as a Crayola Crayon Brown...maybe Adorsy.  I dunno if she has shoes though.  I'm kind of new to Adorsy but I did try on one of her shirts recently and it looked pretty much Crayola Crayon Brown.  

Here...this one...or maybe it's a little too light.  I am not sure of Adorsy's actual color palette but maybe check there for shoes.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/adorsy-Lucy-Skirt-Brown-Maitreya/17145441

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1311 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.