The all-in-one Home Furnishings Topic!

Trinity Blakewell

I can't tell you how many times I have gone to an ad for that shop and finding no product to buy. But today there was something. Yeah and great tip.  This is part of a big set. I bought another cabinet which is super nice. 

I am pasting in this screenshot as I honestly can't tell you how this can be 1 land impact LOL.  Not that I am "not thrilled" -- just very puzzled.  

image.thumb.png.80d6c479c30c73c7eb7318f1215ec7ba.png

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

I can't tell you how many times I have gone to an ad for that shop and finding no product to buy. But today there was something. Yeah and great tip.  This is part of a big set. I bought another cabinet which is super nice. 

I am pasting in this screenshot as I honestly can't tell you how this can be 1 land impact LOL.  Not that I am "not thrilled" -- just very puzzled.  

image.thumb.png.80d6c479c30c73c7eb7318f1215ec7ba.png

Pretty amazing. Goes to show that 1 LI detailed furnishings can be done. :D

Want to see mind-blowing? Dekute Dekor and Primpossible have whole living room and dining sets for 1 LI.

I am continually amazed by creators who can work this kind of black magic.

Edited by Eddy Vortex
  • Like 6

I haven't checked lately but  at least one of those stores had HORRID LODS and or used sculpts which loaded VERY slowly.   So they don't get any kudos in my book.  If that has changed then indeed clapping for them.     :D.  

Traditionally when mesh was new (over a decade now) folks had very bad LODs and many to most of us were running at LOD4 so it didn't matter.  That doesn't make it good design LOL.

Thanks again for the tip.   

The site wouldn't let me quote for some reason but this is responding to the post directly above. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Esther Bunny said:

FYI - Fancy Decor ( copy and paste from group notices )

I am not sure if you all remember, but sometime last year I promised if we get the Fancy Decor page on Facebook to 6,000 likes I would have a 50% off weekend sale at the main store! We are just 78 likes away! Help reach the goal!
https://www.facebook.com/fancydecorSL

Looks like a sale will be on :) 

fd.JPG

• Like 7

Oh gods, more FD stuff in my inventory :).

Always room for a bit more.

(Their Felix bathroom is very low Li. Only 3 for the bathtub and double vanity each, 1 Li for each other piece like the mirror and other stuff. Research until Friday) 😉

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 6

Oh, man, I am shuffling over to FD to see what I might want to pick up this weekend.

EDITED TO ADD: I just looked at Fancy Decor's website. Do you know that they made IRL versions of their soy candles? They are currently sold out but expect to restock.

Edited by Trinity1776
  • Like 6

Have there been any new small kitchens released in the past year till now? I have a very small space that I want to use as a kitchen and while I do have one that fits it just doesn't feel *right*. I have the usual suspects like vespertine, dust bunny, what next, DAD and so on but was wondering if perhaps there's anything I've overlooked or has been newly released. Thank you in advance!

I was at the Kiyomizu Shopping Mall Hunt in Nepessing http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Nepessing/58/207/106 and the very first shop I visited had an amazing number of freebies, some of which might be useful in Bellisseria:

Four Moai Easter Island Statues - 1 prim  

The hunt prize (look for the little cat) was seaweed in different colors - 1 prim

Also pictured:

3-D Text letter sign which I am told says "Happy New Year"

A stand with a "Mote-man" pose ball and gesture.

The hunt only lasts through April 3rd but the store, Le Chaut, should still be there after that. 

Freebies from Kiyomizu Shopping Mall Hunt .jpg

Edited by Rufferta
wrong info
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, So Whimsy said:

Have there been any new small kitchens released in the past year till now? I have a very small space that I want to use as a kitchen and while I do have one that fits it just doesn't feel *right*. I have the usual suspects like vespertine, dust bunny, what next, DAD and so on but was wondering if perhaps there's anything I've overlooked or has been newly released. Thank you in advance!

Try CHEZ MOI FURNITURES  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/CHEZ MOI FURNITURES/143/66/26

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

A modular kitchen might work for you. Elm's Carissa Kitchen has a narrow stove/oven unit and cabinets that are available in both both narrow and wider versions.

Old Barn Door (OBD) has a nice non-modular (u-shape) compact kitchen, actually designed for a tiny house: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/OBD-Tiny-House-Cottage-Kitchen/19479134

I've pulled a lot of kitchens out of the Trompe L'oeil homes and many of them are pretty compact.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Trompe Loeill freebies. At http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Hyde Park/223/146/23 

Billiard tables (13) - the texture can be changed - 3 land impact

End Tables(10) - 2 land impact ('Vintage' means made in 2013).

Lamps(24)  2 to 4 land impact. (Classic styles)

trompe loeill freebie.jpg1497653026_trompeloeillfreebie2.jpg.e5fe00139d190eaa125725897a038be4.jpgThe billiard table on the left has had the top and front re-textured. 

Edited by Rufferta
Double-check land impact.
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Thanks to @MalayaaMorningstar, I wandered around the Bloom Event to find these cute Tuesdays art easels. Figured I could add these to any model home. Link to Bloom Event demo area.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Prism Events/111/136/2501

Fatpack ($399) includes the following with a HUD to change the Wood and Art textures: 

Tuesdays Art Display Floor Easel, 3 LI 

Tuesdays Art Display Table Easel, 1 LI

Tuesdays Art Display Wall Frame, 1Li

The Displays include a Plain and Shabby texture which you can Edit, Select Face, and drop your own texture.

I picked up the Sofa Table, 1LI for $75. Found it was easy to add a color stain over the light distressed brown color.

Art Easels by Tuesday_001.png

Art Easels by Tuesday 01_001.png

Edited by Eleanor Anderton
  • Like 7

Through March 23, Fourth Wall is having a grand opening sale for their new store. 50% off for group members - use the menu option to purchase to get the discount. The group is $L99 to join and they have a whole bunch of new group gifts  - living room chairs, end tables, sideboards, bookcases, decor and landscape elements.

Edited by Trinity1776
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

After my LI - busting home decor build out  in the Newbrooke Aldridge model, I decided to compile a list of low-LI beds for future use. Here are 16  (EDITED TO ADD: now 18) beds that come in under 10 LI (where possible, the PG version was used for determining LI).

• Acorn Chesterfield Bed - 8 LI

• Apple Fall West Village Clinton Bed - 8 LI

• BAZAR Bohemia Bed  (without canopy) - 6 LI

• BAZAR Toronto-Bed  - 9 LI

• Fancy Decor: Foskett Bed - 4 LI

• FAYDED - Murphy Bed  (undecorated) - 3 LI

• FAYDED - Murphy Bed  (decorated) - 8 LI

• FINDS Shabby Chic Brass Bed -  7 LI

• FOURTH WALL Flyta Bed - 7 LI

• MINIMAL - Comfy Bed - 6 LI

• Muniick- Essen Bed  - 8 LI

• Soy. Wooden Canopy Bed [A] no decor ver - 7 LI