The all-in-one Home Furnishings Topic!

Trinity Blakewell

1 hour ago, Mercedes Avon said:

The bed in this bedroom set is 3 Li.

KAZZA - RusticBedRoom

Just checked it out in world and fell in love. Then I tried the animations. Just one single animation. Wtf.

Edited by So Whimsy
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Kylie Jaxxon said:

LOL, wow :(

I would have bought it right away but that is just atrocious. I might still buy it and rip the animations out of one of Maya's beds but still, for that price the least they could do is have like 5 single animations for those of us that have no one to cuddle with.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

On 3/22/2022 at 8:03 PM, Matthieu Quander said:

Something I often do is slightly shrink a bed to save a few LI.  Most SL beds are bigger than they need to be, and I rarely even need to adjust any of the poses.  Some scale better than others, so your mileage may vary.  

I don't have a large avi and I slightly shrink everything almost :)

• Like 5

On 3/20/2022 at 8:27 AM, So Whimsy said:

Have there been any new small kitchens released in the past year till now? I have a very small space that I want to use as a kitchen and while I do have one that fits it just doesn't feel *right*. I have the usual suspects like vespertine, dust bunny, what next, DAD and so on but was wondering if perhaps there's anything I've overlooked or has been newly released. Thank you in advance!

I've just started looking for a small kitchen too and these two caught my eye (if you're still looking!):

KraftWork Mini Boho Kitchen at Anthem (Fits Linden Homes)

And this one from Atrium - it's not new, but new to me (kitchen set L$280 inworld. Lights and the bar/stool set are sold separately)

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Project Twilight/131/153/25

1411615418_atriumjungle.JPG.1b0d623baf8cc481934f2c3e0301bbfe.JPG

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

More plants - TM Creations has another of their plant arrangements on sale for only $60. Yes, as shown this is 16 LI, but you can unlink and use the individual bits as you wish. Very good value! (I've used some of TM's plants from other arrangements at my WIP Newbrook, mixed in with climbing spiraea from Heart.)  Edit: Actually this week’s sale item has far more LI than others I’ve bought. This one is only 6 LI, and was the source for most of the plants shown in my containers - it’s No Copy, but for that price it’s worth buying two if you want to use the linked version as well: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/M13-Tropical-Garden-Plants-Flowers-Bush-Rocks-Arrangement-MT/10048585

tm1.jpg

tm2.jpg

tm3.jpg

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 11

On 3/22/2022 at 9:45 AM, Trinity1776 said:

After my LI - busting home decor build out  in the Newbrooke Aldridge model, I decided to compile a list of low-LI beds for future use. Here are 16  (EDITED TO ADD: now 18) beds that come in under 10 LI (where possible, the PG version was used for determining LI).

• Acorn Chesterfield Bed - 8 LI

• Apple Fall West Village Clinton Bed - 8 LI

• BAZAR Bohemia Bed  (without canopy) - 6 LI

• BAZAR Toronto-Bed  - 9 LI

• Fancy Decor: Foskett Bed - 4 LI

• FAYDED - Murphy Bed  (undecorated) - 3 LI

• FAYDED - Murphy Bed  (decorated) - 8 LI

• FINDS Shabby Chic Brass Bed -  7 LI

• FOURTH WALL Flyta Bed - 7 LI

• MINIMAL - Comfy Bed - 6 LI

• Muniick- Essen Bed  - 8 LI

• Soy. Wooden Canopy Bed [A] no decor ver - 7 LI

• WRONG - Woody Smells Bed  - 5 LI

• zerkalo Grand White Bed - 9 LI

• zerkalo   Linen Bed - 5 LI

• Zerkalo Nikoletta Light - Bed  - 9 LI

• EDITED TO ADD: @EmmaAsht0n Fancy Decor Platform Bed - 6 LI

• EDITED TO ADD:@Marianne LittleTrompe Loeil - Exton Bed - 7 LI

Here are some others:

• Acorn 4 Post Spring Bed - 8 LI
  • Compulsion Epoch Bed - 8 LI
  • DRD Scarlet Hotel - Mary Bed - 5 LI
  • Fancy Decor Blague Bed - 8 LI
  • Fancy Decor Roulin Bed - 9 LI
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/26/2022 at 5:25 PM, EmmaAsht0n said:

btw Bazar is selling this wall and floor tile set at Uber for only L$59. Each piece is 1 Li. If you wanna see their real size, go to the demo area as the pieces shown in the main exhibition area have been scaled down.

Bazar-2.jpg

I am not sure if it is "me", but the lines in the tiles are a bit strange. I have on LOD 4, so it should not be a problem. Oh well. But this is a good option for those who can't find a good texture or who find Blender too challenging.

To save Li did I use 2 floor plates on one wall, and used a single plain prim on the floor. It is always the best way to save li, a single prim. I don't think the short wall behind the bath tub is included with the tiles, and that is too bad.

By using 2 floor tiles on one wall, the two walls and floor is 6 li.

The rest of the bathroom is 22 li, all as shown is 28 li.

The wall color must you put in the house control panel under "My colors" - "New color" - "Type RGB" and has RGB numbers 250,240,230.

The floor is a https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/10-Marble-Floor-Tile-Textures-Full-Perm-DT-Essential-Collection/3649912

I am going to take this down and put up my first bathroom. I was just curious to see this.

Edit: The reason I set up this, is to show an easy way to cover two windows. I find 3 big windows in a bathroom hard to work with.

The even more Li-saving and economic way is to use selfmade prims on the walls, of course. 2 prims with the wall texture and tinted the same color. Impossible to see it is not default walls. Unless you have not covered where the trimming is missing for the window that reach the floor. and 2 prims linked and set to convex hull is only 1 li.

bazar tiles_001.jpg

bazar tiles_002.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
Added a bit to the end
  • Like 6

12 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I am not sure if it is "me", but the lines in the tiles are a bit strange. I have on LOD 4, so it should not be a problem. Oh well. But this is a good option for those who can't find a good texture or who find Blender too challenging.

To save Li did I use 2 floor plates on one wall, and used a single plain prim on the floor. It is always the best way to save li, a single prim. I don't think the short wall behind the bath tub is included with the tiles, and that is too bad.

By using 2 floor tiles on one wall, the two walls and floor is 6 li.

The rest of the bathroom is 22 li, all as shown is 28 li.

The wall color must you put in the house control panel under "My colors" - "New color" - "Type RGB" and has RGB numbers 250,240,230.

The floor is a https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/10-Marble-Floor-Tile-Textures-Full-Perm-DT-Essential-Collection/3649912

I am going to take this down and put up my first bathroom. I was just curious to see this.

Edit: The reason I set up this, is to show an easy way to cover two windows. I find 3 big windows in a bathroom hard to work with.

The even more Li-saving and economic way is to use selfmade prims on the walls, of course. 2 prims with the wall texture and tinted the same color. Impossible to see it is not default walls. Unless you have not covered where the trimming is missing for the window that reach the floor. and 2 prims linked and set to convex hull is only 1 li.

bazar tiles_001.jpg

bazar tiles_002.jpg

This is a great idea!! 

10 minutes ago, EnchantrixLisa said:

This is a great idea!! 

Thanks, I like the plates with rills in particular. If you can add one li, 2 more plates with rills behind the sink or framing it would look even better. All plates is 0,5 li and well suited for linking. They are not so expensive. Of course I bought the full set... I have too many bathroom sets already. So eh, maybe I have a tiny regret for buying it, did I really need a new one? The shower is impressive and 8 li is fine for such craftmanship. The rest of the parts is having a Linden Home - friendly li, like 3 for a sink or the tub.

This is the Bradbury house, but it is other house types where it is hard to work with kitchen and bathroom modules. It is better to cover one or two windows than having cabinet modules partially covering the window. These light stone plates would be a fine backsplash too? Is it supposed to be limestone, I wonder? I saw that the big central room in the Heaton could have a kitchen under the stairs, where it is a huge window.

• Like 2

KraftWork Annual Spring Sale - April 1st - 9th
50% off - minus a few exclusions

EDIT: I could log and read the attachment to the group notice.
Excluded from the sale are January/February/March and current releases, zooby and jora collections as well as marketplace. The sale will take place at the inworld mainstore only.

Edited by Isaac Ashton
Additional information about exclusions
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 6

15 hours ago, Isaac Ashton said:

Excluded from the sale are January/February/March and current releases, zooby and jora collections as well as marketplace. The sale will take place at the inworld mainstore only.

"Current releases excluded"? So annoying. I had decided to buy their Contemporary Fireplace that was released in February. Other stores like Fancy Decor had no such limit...

On 3/30/2022 at 4:49 PM, Isaac Ashton said:

Update on KraftWork's sale starting tomorrow (i.e. April 1st):

Here are some information from the mainstore in anticipation to the sale.
The sign in the second picture indicates which items are NOT on sale.

KraftWork_Sales.png

KraftWork_Sales_2.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2