The all-in-one Home Furnishings Topic!

Trinity Blakewell

While waiting for the Newbrooke homes I've added a new category to my living room furniture section in my inventory...Modern. Mostly it was a matter of splitting off items from Contemporary with a few from Urban Rustic. So the way I define Modern vs. Contemporary is that Contemporary is the style that you'd see dominating most big box furniture showrooms in the US. It typically has softer lines and contains some classic elements. Some of Apple Fall's furniture and most of Brocante's furniture falls into this category, IMO, Modern, on the other hand, has more clean/stark lines, contrast, leather, stone, metal. Most of Architect's furniture and Black Wall's furniture falls into this category. Another term to describe what I'm calling Modern is Minimalist.

image.png.7f7a81ca1f060a7339d3c3785b5070ab.png

Edited by Trinity1776
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, Trinity1776 said:

While waiting for the Newbrooke homes I've added a new category to my living room furniture section in my inventory...Modern. Mostly it was a matter of splitting off items from Contemporary with a few from Urban Rustic. So the way I define Modern vs. Contemporary is that Contemporary is the style that you'd see dominating most big box furniture showrooms in the US. It typically has softer lines and contains some classic elements. Some of Apple Fall's furniture and most of Brocante's furniture falls into this category, IMO, Modern, on the other hand, has more clean/stark lines, contrast, leather, stone, metal. Most of Architect's furniture and Black Wall's furniture falls into this category. Another term to describe what I'm calling Modern is Minimalist.

uuhhhhhhmmmmm, i need you to do my inventory

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, Trinity1776 said:

Pardon me, but your OCD is showing

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Trinity1776 said:

I am certainly impressed!!!  I'm doing good,  if I get stuff out of the "everything else" folder and put it into "indoor
or "outdoor furniture" folder.  😛

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Cali Souther said:

I am certainly impressed!!!  I'm doing good,  if I get stuff out of the "everything else" folder and put it into "indoor
or "outdoor furniture" folder.  😛

I find that I'm typically inspired by the forthcoming release of a new Linden home style and want to get things organized so I'm ready to get started decorating! It does make it easier to get started decorating a new home as there typically tends to be a dominant style I want to start with, and fill in with other pieces. I don't categorize bedroom furniture by style (instead by kind of furniture, ie beds, dressers, etc.) , and the dining stuff is mixed between style and table shape. And kitchens are sorted by configuration (modular, straight wall, or L-shape/U-shape).

Edited by Trinity1776
  • Like 4

Thanks for posting that, Nando. I'm not crazy about the cabinet texture, but maybe since it's got mod permissions something can be done about that. On the plus side, the burners "light" and the sink water "runs". 

One of the things that folks were concerned about with the Newbrooke layouts was lack of wall space for a kitchen (due to all the large windows) . One might be able to position this kitchen as freestanding.

• Like 3

Once again Apple Fall is in the Saturday Sale, so I'm hoping this will become a regular occurrence! If the fence kit in your Trad Content Creation Pack isn't enough for you, you can pick up one of these fencing kits (fence components only - does not include the plants or path) for $75 per color ($68 if you wear an AF tag) - each panel and each endpost is 1 LI. 

af.jpg

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Kalopsia has some entryway items on sale - the lattice coat hanger is 2 LI, $50; the bench (sits singles and couples) is 2 LI and $75; the mirror is 1 LI $50; the full set costs $150.

kalopsia.jpg

I have more or less stopped buying Kalopsia, because they price each and one of their individual small stuff in the sales. But this is large enough offerings to defend their price. Maybe I pass on the mirror, but the price for the set is only 25 L more.

3 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

This wardrobe from KnickKnacks is a nice piece, but keep in mind that the 3 LI demo model and 2 LI dress on a hanger have been re-sized down for display, and there is no indication of the LI for the actual-size items. (If anyone buys this, maybe you could verify the LI?) Texture change options for the wood and door panels. $75.

knick1.jpg

knick2.jpg

knick3.jpg

The closet takes stretching well, up to 5 m before the Li goes up. (The prim is 4.91)

The dress is more difficult, but it can be stretched up a bit.

closet_001.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

12 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

This has got to be the buy of the weekend - Kazza's By The Sea Laundry Room - PG and A, $60. Frame: 3 LI, washer and dryer 1 LI each, broom, vacuum, bucket, iron, ironing board, clothes basket 1 LI each, piles of towels 2 LI each.

kazza.JPG

Thanks a lot! JUST what I've been looking for since ages!

And there are lots of nice animations in it too!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

This has got to be the buy of the weekend - Kazza's By The Sea Laundry Room - PG and A, $60. Frame: 3 LI, washer and dryer 1 LI each, broom, vacuum, bucket, iron, ironing board, clothes basket 1 LI each, piles of towels 2 LI each.

kazza.JPG

Does it only come in Apple Green? I like the color, but it might clash with other themes I have.