The all-in-one Home Furnishings Topic!

Trinity Blakewell

10 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

At least you can take comfort in the fact that is a very nice piece of furniture at whatever the price it may be. ^.^

I've had that happen to me many times in SL and RL. I pay full price for something and it goes on sale the next day or week. Such is life. 

I think it's a good approach to buy full price things when you need it now, now or if it's a sales event exclusive that you fell in love with so hard.

I should put a smiley in the post, I was not dead serious. 😉

I am much worse in the weekend sales, buying things I do not use there and then, but thinking "I may use it, and it is so cheap:" 😁 That is a sure way to burn money.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I am much worse in the weekend sales, buying things I do not use there and then, but thinking "I may use it, and it is so cheap:" 😁 That is a sure way to burn money.

I could fund multiple premium memberships for years with the money I have spent on items that I have never used.  I fully intended to use all of them when purchased, but sometimes things don't look as nice as you envisioned, your plans change, or you immediately find something you like better.  

I try to only buy for need these days, but sometimes seeing a nice item simply means a need must be found.  It happens.   

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

One of those old banes of the internet; it's hard to tell moods from plain text. haha 😅

Oy, those sales, our coffin dancing wallets, and our ever burgeoning inventories.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Matthieu Quander said:

I fully intended to use all of them when purchased, but sometimes things don't look as nice as you envisioned, your plans change, or you immediately find something you like better.  

Or said item gets lost forever in Inventory due to lack of good inventory organization habits.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Or said item gets lost forever in Inventory due to lack of good inventory organization habits.

I'm not sure that I have actually ever permanently "lost" anything due to this, but I have certainly spent hours trying to find something that I know I bought.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Matthieu Quander said:

I'm not sure that I have actually ever permanently "lost" anything due to this, but I have certainly spent hours trying to find something that I know I bought.  

I don't think that I've ever really "lost" anything - as far as it just plain disappearing - but items will get totally forgotten about because they'll get stuck inside a "to file" folder that seldom really gets filed.  Since I am horrid at remembering names of items, I have great difficulty in searching for things.

I've lost count of the times that I've forgotten to do an inventory search for some item that I forgot that I already bought and then end up with Caspervend telling me that I've already purchased said item and so it is refunding me my money and sending me a redelivery.  

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I don't think that I've ever really "lost" anything - as far as it just plain disappearing - but items will get totally forgotten about because they'll get stuck inside a "to file" folder that seldom really gets filed.  Since I am horrid at remembering names of items, I have great difficulty in searching for things.

I've lost count of the times that I've forgotten to do an inventory search for some item that I forgot that I already bought and then end up with Caspervend telling me that I've already purchased said item and so it is refunding me my money and sending me a redelivery.  

Yep.  That's why I put "lost" in quotes.  The item isn't gone, it just can't be easily found.  

• Like 4

6 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

That's something I really need! Hey designers, I'm waiting for a good (i.e. simple to set up and use) inventory organizer to hit the weekend sales. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

At least in those situations you get a refund. There's been a few times that I've purchased an item from someone that doesn't use Caspervend or a similar system, only to find the item already in my inventory

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Eirynne Sieyes said:

That's something I really need! Hey designers, I'm waiting for a good (i.e. simple to set up and use) inventory organizer to hit the weekend sales. 😄

I need a personal assistant. 😥 The moles could have that as an additional job. I trust them to take over my inventory. I would pay them.

• Haha 7

3 hours ago, Trinity1776 said:

At least in those situations you get a refund. There's been a few times that I've purchased an item from someone that doesn't use Caspervend or a similar system, only to find the item already in my inventory

I try to remember to search for items before I buy them, but sometimes I forget and sometimes I accidentally do the search in Recent items without realizing it.  Then I buy the item, go to file it away, only to discover that I already have it.  

• Like 4

A few more free things from SL 18 Shop and Hop

Fantasy Pixels
2 Planters
Both 2 Li each
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Poppy/97/51/53

377570825_FantasyPixelsplanters_001.png.d315158aa7f612e0b20e581ad5b08270.png

Dreamland Designs
Peaceful Wild Garden Decor with animated butterflies
10 Li
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Hollyhock/231/156/53

35341781_DreamlandDesigns10Li_001.png.b898ab5e94f40422c45a89101a303ddb.png

The Home Store
Tranquility Garden
4 Li
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Snowflake/25/80/53

1099716048_TheHomeStore_001.png.5ad78bf26ae659a7005399973b1690f8.png

Edited by Elyeah
  • Like 7

Free Group Gift - Figure 8 

Pearled Champagne Glass (Wear to unpack) 

secondlife:///app/group/da59611d-af6f-4c34-0b2e-11fdc73f3ebf/about

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Misty%20Valley/12/153/3523

There are also other gifts available too 
[Figure 8] Les Chandelier Fat Pack (Wear to unpack)

Snapshot_006.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

If anyone is looking for a matching skybox for the fantasy theme, (despite it not being a skybox as such AND 55li), you might want to check this out - one of my favourite Elven style builds, (well perhaps after the Compulsion Elven homes)... it may just fit the parcels? https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Elmhir-Elven-Temple-55-PRIM-LI/11454322

Snapshot_035.jpg

Edited by Chloe Bunny
added the MP link
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 3

I've made a free, (to all Bellisserians), Elven rug you can find it on the deck here - touch to accept - http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Gangway/226/94/22 - please note the new location! I am having a quick re build today!

Edit - the other free items are on the shelves inside the boat and including a skybox and a lodge house for the Victorians 

Snapshot_025.png

Edited by Chloe Bunny
Added a new location
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 12

3 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

If you have some LI leftover and feel like putting up a skybox above your LH, The Tinsmith has a bunch of low LI dollarbie skyboxes: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/214213

great price, ty Eddy, and nice work. But the ones I looked at were not that low li.. like around 20. I rarely have that many LI left over. So not a good fit for me personally.

I have a favorite nature scene skybox that I love... is only 1 LI can easily be resized/reshaped to fit on 32x32 parcel. It is not cheap but oh.. so worth it! It comes with a bunch of scenes to choose from, with excellent panorama photography so it doesnt look like you are in a box... https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/NATURE-Skybox-MESH-1-Prim-12-SCENES-seamless-panorama-low-forest-beach-meadow-mountain-privacy-surroundings-EXTRAS/5295726

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1