The all-in-one Home Furnishings Topic!

Trinity Blakewell

On 5/10/2021 at 5:14 PM, Trinity1776 said:

This was Kazza's Inside Out House "Facilities" Kitchen that was part of the weekend sales. On the plus side - fits very nicely on the left side wall downstairs in the Lauderdale. On the minus side, the appliances don't open/close. There is a running water animation on the sink and some cooking animations.

image.thumb.png.537ed16ec415ef3c3e4f210dd3a14042.png

I bought it but I cannot find cooking animations, only washing at the sink or eating and drinking on the chair at the table. Where do I sit for the cooking?

D-Lab has moved and has new gifts out for this next month once a week -- for you collectors.  

341329369_D-Labgifts.thumb.jpg.48ff62feca3a8ea9233ae220a2fac1fe.jpg

ALSO all (well many) of the old group gifts are on the wall. Too tiny to see the pictures but many great things. I had most from over the years but not all.  

image.thumb.png.2090b671e0bb78284cebfec919b0e558.png

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/D LAB/27/115/3001

Edited by Chic Aeon
grammar - not awake it seems
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3

As a new returnee and LH homeowner, I have found the LH forum and community to be a saving grace.  Is there anyone out there creating anything beautifully meshed with loads of colour?

I am looking for something as colourful as Baron Grayson's Fat Littles (see picture below).  His textures were always lush and velvety or beautifully replicated whatever he was emulating from RL into SL. 

I have rediscovered Cory Edo and discovered Apple Pancake's piece but I am seeking more colour. Any suggestions are welcome.

If this is the incorrect place for this question, please feel free to remove it.

Baron_FatLittles.png

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Claire Richelieu said:

As a new returnee and LH homeowner, I have found the LH forum and community to be a saving grace.  Is there anyone out there creating anything beautifully meshed with loads of colour?

I am looking for something as colourful as Baron Grayson's Fat Littles (see picture below).  His textures were always lush and velvety or beautifully replicated whatever he was emulating from RL into SL. 

I have rediscovered Cory Edo and discovered Apple Pancake's piece but I am seeking more colour. Any suggestions are welcome.

If this is the incorrect place for this question, please feel free to remove it.

This is an old thread, but you might find some tips for your new Victorian home

• Like 4

On 5/11/2021 at 10:15 PM, Eddy Vortex said:

Chez Moi is having a 50% off sale from May 10th to 14th, excluding gift cards and gachas.

https://twitter.com/ChezMoiSL/status/1391740340885991427

E1B0dvsX0AEWVGc.thumb.jpg.66a5866ac5bad15deca63cbc3fa1b116.jpg

I thought to myself, "I am going to pop over there and look for some cheap decor for my log cabin house." I wanted some rustic stuff from their camping section maybe or something to scatter here and there. Not only that, but I cleared up some LI and that calls for shopping, right? Now I am the proud owner of a new hot tub, camping chairs, a patio set and an outdoor couch with stool. I haven't even made it to the camping section yet.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Out for FLF this cute little planter from Austrailia.  Beware however that it has a HUGE bounding box clear cube around the planter. Not a "best mesh practices" thing :D.   I turned the item phantom to deal with it. You decide if that would work for you.  

6111679_bearpot.thumb.jpg.7a137670a7f80a44edf9c5f9fa3449d8.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

On 5/13/2021 at 3:34 PM, Claire Richelieu said:

Baron_FatLittles.png

I was just going to suggest Trompe Loeil antique set https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Trompe-Loeil-Hudson-Chair-PG-mesh/12974818

Take a look at Apple Fall Oxford Wingback Chairs in solids and patterns. I've used the cream white one and tinted it into different colors. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Apple-Fall-Oxford-Wingback-Chair-Solids/15872370

I use LISP quite a bit for their different looks https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/LISP-Lilac-Thistle-Whole-Living-Room-Set/7743098 Visiting their store will give you ideas on how to match up Victorian vintage with their iron frame beds and chairs.

Go visit an old favorite LAQ which has a furniture store on the lower level. https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/LAQ Decor/68/61/34 Low prim count with a definite vintage appeal. 

Here is a link to an earlier Victorian home I decorated. LISP in the living room, Apple Fall with LAQ main book case, LAQ dining room set with LAQ in the bedroom and bath.

Edited by Eleanor Anderton
  • Like 6

On 5/14/2021 at 6:47 AM, Elena Core said:

This is an old thread, but you might find some tips for your new Victorian home

I miss seeing the different home style furnishing threads...was easier to scroll through when looking for things for a certain home type..

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sakura Sands said:

I miss seeing the different home style furnishing threads...was easier to scroll through when looking for things for a certain home type..

You can always start some new ones. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sakura Sands said:

I have multiple Linden Homes, so need different styles of things, thus I like only having to browse one thread. 

Also, so many items would work in various Linden Home styles, so I find the 'all-in-one' much easier for posting.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Sakura Sands said:

Yes, that's true too.

I've also found it is fun decorating a specific theme with the style of other, like creating a boho style in a Victorian home, or a vintange one in the campers.

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 6

17 hours ago, Claire Richelieu said:

Thanks Elena & Eleanor.  I decided to clear the place put last night & stay anew.  I was gifted some items but since I want bright, but not garish, pops of colours I shall keep searching around.  RL homes take time to decorate, so will my SL.

It takes me forever to do my unimpressive decor (lol!), but I have fun with it.  For furniture that provides pops of color, I've always liked  Plaaka (kitchen) and Zinnias (curtains and daybed below).  Last time I was there, a lot of Plaaka's furniture was in gachas or scattered around in random buildings, it can take a while to shop there.

1048858286_plaakakitchen.png.16c61debf6bbae3eeddbbfc9dfe0524f.png

50346847_Livingroomdimanche_003.thumb.jpg.c4e6c4c6d18d2f7d0e4e0ad4c1bb101d.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Now this is most likely very heavy in textures and triangles but there certainly could be SOME reasonable pieces in the mix.  This is only part of a VERY big set at K9.  But keep it in mind if you have been looking for something like this.

image.png.5027d4ae566ec692c9ec1e684805bb64.png

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1