Tattoos and You

Rowan Amore

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1351 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I was thinking about it today when someone mentioned how Nanika used.to do some great tattoos.  I had several from there and numerous other places and used to wear them all the time.  In the last few years though, I've been without.  No specific reason really.  Which brings me to my question.

Do you or have you worn tattoos regularly and also, do you have any in RL that you've tried to come close to emulating in SL?

Cool topic. In real life I love ink, I have 9. (I actually had to take a moment to count them to make sure that was right). 

On Second Life, since I don't play as a human, I have none. Though I imagine if I did play as a human I'd have far more than I do in real life and some of them I could easily emulate as I've seen somewhat similar designs for a couple of them on MP when I was just boredom browsing. 

edit: I mean I have a human avatar, but it's not customizable. 

Edited by nayeonwaitingfor
mistake & clarification
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My AV is inked from neck to toe since 2010. Tattoos have become sooo deeply embedded into her character that she is unrecognizable and feels naked without them, kind of like stepping outside with that retina-scorching red head you get when you mess up your BOM with alpha layers :shudders:

From where I come from, tattoos (even girly and cutesy-wutesy ones) are still kinda taboo and many establishments ban you from entering if you have them so they are one of my repressed RL desires that I can only live vicariously through my avatar. I always admired the Suicide Girl aesthete but I can only enjoy that on SL especially now that I have kids and I do not want them to be ostracized because their mom looks like a gangster lol

My go-to “parlors” are DAPPA, Vegas, and Garden of Ku. I have bought so many sets from them that I pay compliments to other avis when I spot them wearing familiar styles. In my earlier days, I liked Seven of Himeji. I think some of their works are still available on the marketplace.

Tattoos can also cover skintone disparities and that unsightly line between mesh head and body that no neck fixer seem to fix for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

In life I have 0 tattoos but would like one, however on to Seren: she has 2 tattoos and recently went BOM.  My two tattoos are custom to myself; a celtic heart on my tummy which represents my real life celtic heritage and then is my paws on my back which for me show my love of cats.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yuumo Ichibara said:

My AV is inked from neck to toe since 2010. Tattoos have become sooo deeply embedded into her character that she is unrecognizable and feels naked without them, kind of like stepping outside with that retina-scorching red head you get when you mess up your BOM with alpha layers :shudders:

From where I come from, tattoos (even girly and cutesy-wutesy ones) are still kinda taboo and many establishments ban you from entering if you have them so they are one of my repressed RL desires that I can only live vicariously through my avatar. I always admired the Suicide Girl aesthete but I can only enjoy that on SL especially now that I have kids and I do not want them to be ostracized because their mom looks like a gangster lol

My go-to “parlors” are DAPPA, Vegas, and Garden of Ku. I have bought so many sets from them that I pay compliments to other avis when I spot them wearing familiar styles. In my earlier days, I liked Seven of Himeji. I think some of their works are still available on the marketplace.

Tattoos can also cover skintone disparities and that unsightly line between mesh head and body that no neck fixer seem to fix for me.

I used to wear them in SL for years.  I'm not sure when I stopped or why I did.  My go to store used to be White Widow.  I haven't seen anything from them lately at any of the events though.  When I did wear them, I like symmetry and they always had that.  I've never owned one where it was random stuff here and there.  To me, it would be too messy and make me crazy with sides not matching.  Hey, I'm a little OCD, what can I say.

40 minutes ago, MrsSeren said:

In life I have 0 tattoos but would like one, however on to Seren: she has 2 tattoos and recently went BOM.  My two tattoos are custom to myself; a celtic heart on my tummy which represents my real life celtic heritage and then is my paws on my back which for me show my love of cats.  

Years ago, I had a custom celtic knot made for my shoulder.  I don't think I could tolerate getting one in RL.  Just the thought of it makes me shudder.

• Like 1

I have had the same tattoo in SL since 2009. It's a phoenix design and it has as much personal significance to me as my RL tattoos do, and I never take it off. That and my ginger hair are the two things about my avatar that I will never, ever change.

Showing it off here, in 2017.

171028_001s.png.e59209a31be47922791b1c0873c0ad1d.png

If I was rich enough, I'd have already had this done in RL too. I haven't brought my RL tattoos into SL though, they wouldn't fit with this one, and they're really not as good.

Edited by Lewis Luminos
  • Like 4

In RL I have one small butterfly on my ankle, In SL I have three I generally wear all the time. Roses on my arms and shoulders which is inspired for me by the roses Alice painted in Alice in Wonderland, even though the tats are not sold as being associated with Alice, then on my lower stomach is a true Alice tattoo, that says "We are all mad here", and on my back one that says "Princess" because well, I am one. I do have others and from time to time i will wear them usually for some special picture project I am working on.

Edited by Talligurl
  • Like 1

I like tattoos in SL. I have one favourite that I wear regularly (which happens to be a L$10 cheapie from the MP, but a nice one). But I often wear different ones, or none at all, depending on my look of the day. Many of them aren't traditional tattoos at all but more like fantasy effects and overlays. 

I don't have tattoos in RL; I like them, but the permanence of them bothers me, I can't think of anything that I particularly want so much that I'd want it for the rest of my life.

I'm found one I really like  for my AV. Now I just have to add it all my outfits. I like to be consistent. I've been inspired by a number of  people both in SL and RL. I do have a relatively small one in RL.

54 minutes ago, Panteleeva said:

and with some tats i don t need clothes at all 😄

imgonline-com-ua-Compressed-O31vYcw2nX.jpg

Love everything about your look, and the backdrop is just sooo cute! ♥️

True that my tats sometimes make me look like I am wearing some kind of lace top and leggings and then people realize I am only wearing a cami and shorts lol^^

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Yuumo Ichibara said:

Love everything about your look, and the backdrop is just sooo cute! ♥️

True that my tats sometimes make me look like I am wearing some kind of lace top and leggings and then people realize I am only wearing a cami and shorts lol^^

thank you )❤️

I used to love tattoos in real. So much so that in the course of one year I got three. Luckily they were small but I still regret them because I was one of those impulsive people who didn't sit and think it over well enough. Tattoos are nice, and often beautiful on other people but I no longer want any on my own body and am actively saving up for removal. In Second Life I don't have any tattoos even though they aren't nearly as permanent 😉 

My thoughts on tattoos summed up: Beautiful pieces of art...on someone else. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1351 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.