What are some more of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1266 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

41 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

incorrect.. it does not end just because you think or say it does. incorrect they do have the choice you dont get to tell them they dont.

“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

Mark Twaiin

and with that, I'm done.

440-are-you-nuts.png

Edited by RowanMinx
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Just now, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

LOL.. never assume your values are more important than anyone else ever.. they are not and never was or ever will be.

As Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes said, 'The right to swing my fist ends where the other man's nose begins.' Rights must apply to everyone in the same sense at the same time. So rights must therefore be limited to claims of freedom to do anything which does not violate the freedoms of others.

But do go on.  It's rather amusing now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RowanMinx said:

As Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes said, 'The right to swing my fist ends where the other man's nose begins.' Rights must apply to everyone in the same sense at the same time. So rights must therefore be limited to claims of freedom to do anything which does not violate the freedoms of others.

But do go on.  It's rather amusing now.

those so called rights do not really exist beyond what society enforces. and you cannot enforce your perceived rights upon anyone else.

6 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

those so called rights do not really exist beyond what society enforces. and you cannot enforce your perceived rights upon anyone else.

And exactly why we have laws and mandates.  For people like you who think they have the right to do as they please regardless of how it effects another person.  My pet peeve?  People exactly like you who think that if they spout enough bs, someone might believe what they say. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RowanMinx said:

And exactly why we have laws and mandates.  For people like you who think they have the right to do as they please regardless of how it effects another person.  My pet peeve?  People exactly like you who think that if they spout enough bs, someone might believe what they say. 

its not bs. I do what I please when I go out. I dont wear a mask when driving my car or walking around the streets or in a park or in a parking lot. and not all cities have mandated the wearing of a mask in all places. so if traveling to one of those cities I dont have to wear a mask even if you might think i should. there are lots of small towns and cities that do not require you to wear a mask when going out or into places. it becomes totally the choice of the store at that point.

4 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

Ever hear the old saying, "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bs."? Yeah, we're being feed a lot of bs on a daily basis, only the bs isn't baffling. The person always knocking everyone else and claiming everyone else is always wrong does the same thing day after day, day in and day out, apparently expects a different outcome each time. Oh well.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Ever hear the old saying, "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bs."? Yeah, we're being feed a lot of bs on a daily basis, only the bs isn't baffling. The person always knocking everyone else and claiming everyone else is always wrong does the same thing day after day, day in and day out, apparently expects a different outcome each time. Oh well.

So it goes with injustice. You say something because you know in your heart it's wrong to ignore, because you know you have value as a human being, because you want to live in the best possible world and best possible community. And this isn't a passing fancy, this is something you really truly earnestly want, and so day in and day out, you are authentic to your beliefs for a world with liberty and equality and justice for all. And you do expect a different outcome every time. The word for that is hope. People without hope are another one of my pet peeves.

Edited by Chroma Starlight
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chroma Starlight said:

So it goes with injustice. You say something because you know in your heart it's wrong to ignore, because you know you have value as a human being, because you want to live in the best possible world and best possible community. And this isn't a passing fancy, this is something you really truly earnestly want, and so day in and day out, you are authentic to your beliefs for a world with liberty and equality and justice for all. And you do expect a different outcome every time. The word for that is hope. People without hope are another one of my pet peeves.

Hope for humanity to finally grow up? Don't make me laugh.

🤣

Too late. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

🤣

Too late. 

That's an incredible thing you do right there. You take all the best attributes of humanity, all the best spirits, all the best culture, and you throw it out and justify the act of misanthropy because there seem to be some philistines and barbarians and misled children and those driven mad by the madness. It's like you stand with those people, those who oppose civilization. I must confess, the worst philistines and barbarians are worthy pet peeves too, you know.

• Haha 3

Humanity is fine, had a 6 billion increase in the last 100 years up to a stunning 7.800.000.000 total people living their life (or dying depending on the circumstances on the environment they live in and that's it). Life expectancy has more than doubled compared to 200 years ago and actually we have the luxury to feel bored. We are doing great!

Edited by Nick0678
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Nick0678 said:

Humanity is fine, had a 6 billion increase in the last 100 years up to a stunning 7.800.000.000 total people living their life (or dying depending on the circumstances) on the environment they live in and that's it. Life expectancy has more than doubled compared to 200 years ago and actually we have the luxury to feel bored. We are doing great!

Yeah, too great actually, at the expense of everything else.

My peeve: overpopulation. And the irony is that our advancements are continually looking to reduce the need for human labour.

• Like 2

Just now, AdminGirl said:

Yeah, too great actually, at the expense of everything else.

My peeve: overpopulation. And the irony is that our advancements are continually looking to reduce the need for human labour.

Yes but if labour is the problem you can still go pick up coconuts nobody said you can't or forcing you not to , you won't make much money though from it but then again 100 years ago slaves didn't get any money at all and worked for life till they died from exhaustion or illness.

46 minutes ago, Nick0678 said:

Yes but if labour is the problem you can still go pick up coconuts nobody said you can't or forcing you not to , you won't make much money though from it but then again 100 years ago slaves didn't get any money at all and worked for life till they died from exhaustion or illness.

True, the idea of a simple life picking coconuts sounds really nice 🙄

What I was really getting at though wasn't from the perspective of an individual, but more from an overall trend point of view (increasing number of people, while aiming to decrease the number of jobs).

13 minutes ago, AdminGirl said:

True, the idea of a simple life picking coconuts sounds really nice 🙄

What I was really getting at though wasn't from the perspective of an individual, but more from an overall trend point of view (increasing number of people, while aiming to decrease the number of jobs).

No worries I totally understand what you mean but again if you don't own your own business you have to adjust to the needs of the market, especially the people in developed countries. That's the way it goes with capitalism but still i definitely prefer it from soviet type communism where every one worked their butt off for a loaf of bread.

Anyway it's going to be much worse for the next years due to the Covid thing.

IMF estimates the pandemic costs the global economy US$375 billion a month and predicts a cumulative loss to the global economy over two years of over US$12 trillion.

https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/covid-19-virtual-press-conference---13-august.pdf

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Chroma Starlight said:

That's an incredible thing you do right there. You take all the best attributes of humanity, all the best spirits, all the best culture, and you throw it out and justify the act of misanthropy because there seem to be some philistines and barbarians and misled children and those driven mad by the madness. It's like you stand with those people, those who oppose civilization. I must confess, the worst philistines and barbarians are worthy pet peeves too, you know.

You are so far out in left field, you've left the universe. Try walking 50 years or so in my moccasins before judging me so harshly. Then you might have an inkling of what it's really all about.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

You are so far out in left field, you've left the universe. Try walking 50 years or so in my moccasins before judging me so harshly. Then you might have an inkling of what it's really all about.

There are some absolutes, and condemning all humanity for the failings of the perverse few who oppress does cross universal boundaries of fairness and justice into an indefensible realm of darkness and confusion and madness. Good luck with that, whatever excuse you give yourself for it. When you're ready to walk along a path rather than a loop of despair, there will be those ready and waiting to light the way out. The situation that Plato's allegory of the cave described is another one of my pet peeves.

7aeb6ac484714b8bb35e2ba15351b482.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Chroma Starlight said:

There are some absolutes, and condemning all humanity for the failings of the perverse few who oppress does cross universal boundaries of fairness and justice into an indefensible realm of darkness and confusion and madness. Good luck with that, whatever excuse you give yourself for it. When you're ready to walk along a path rather than a loop of despair, there will be those ready and waiting to light the way out. The situation that Plato's allegory of the cave described is another one of my pet peeves.

7aeb6ac484714b8bb35e2ba15351b482.jpg

What the ever loving? Where and when did I ever "condemn all humanity for the perverse few"? Quote the post in which I condemned all of humanity and quote the post in which I condemned all of humanity for a few. And make damn sure you read those posts very carefully. What you think I meant, is not what I said. I meant exactly what I said and nothing more.

19 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

What the ever loving? Where and when did I ever "condemn all humanity for the perverse few"? Quote the post in which I condemned all of humanity and quote the post in which I condemned all of humanity for a few. And make damn sure you read those posts very carefully. What you think I meant, is not what I said. I meant exactly what I said and nothing more.

Let's review the words you chose.

16 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

🤣

Too late.

Paraphrased, "Humanity has no hope and I contemptuously mock and condemn it for eternity. I refuse to distinguish love from hate, peace from war, creation from destruction, harmony from chaos, or wisdom from madness. You see, to me, they're all the same. Nothing matters. Nothing is real, and people with hope fill my heart with such rage that I do my utmost,  subconsciously even, to jam hope and bask in the endless squalor of the diseases that hope would dispel."

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

54 minutes ago, Chroma Starlight said:

Let's review the words you chose.

Paraphrased, "Humanity has no hope and I contemptuously mock and condemn it for eternity. I refuse to distinguish love from hate, peace from war, creation from destruction, harmony from chaos, or wisdom from madness. You see, to me, they're all the same. Nothing matters. Nothing is real, and people with hope fill my heart with such rage that I do my utmost,  subconsciously even, to jam hope and bask in the endless squalor of the diseases that hope would dispel."

Good grief. You got all of that malarkey from a bit of humor I posted. And you think I'm a misanthropist. lol 

Yep. We are done here.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1266 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.