Jump to content

What are some more of your pet peeves?


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 145 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A bit more than a peeve but having to say goodbye to a furball when you know it's the right thing but the worst decision to have to make.  He has gone to chase balls in the clouds on a walk with Ki no

I don't think that's a metaphor, but whether or not it is, I think you could have found a better way to express yourself. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Pet peeve: humans ruining yet another perfectly good pet peeve thread 

They just never learn and always forget history.

Cooperation? in this day and age? ha! I give you the current crop of antimaskers. Refusing to wear a mask not just for their own safety but for the safety of others. Obviously they don't care if they contract Covid-19 (and die from it) or cause the death of those around them. On the other hand, it reduces the population of a viral species on an over burdened planet and helps to weed out the lesser intelligent of the human lifeform.

see the thing is there is no guarantee they will contract it or die from it.. or spread it to others so its really a 50/50 thing in their eyes.

and some have breathing problems that prevent them from wearing them.. or causing them serious distress. so are you going to go work for them or do all their shopping and then deliver it for them so they never have to go out in public like which you would probably next suggest they do. if not.. then your opinion to them doesn't matter and wont.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:
49 minutes ago, So Whimsy said:

Pet peeve, people confusing you and you're repeatedly. English ain't my first language either but at least I try >.<

grammar nazi confirmed. :P

Pfft.  Kids are taught about you - your - you're in the first years of grade school. You don't have to be much of a grammarian to know the difference.  Unless you are seriously typo-impaired (like me), a mistake with something that basic is just laziness.   (I'm not about to rush out and grab my torch and pitchfork, but this is a decent peeve.)  😉

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:
1 hour ago, So Whimsy said:

Pet peeve, people confusing you and you're repeatedly. English ain't my first language either but at least I try >.<

grammar nazi confirmed. :P

She's not a grammar nazi by simply stating she likes to see languages used in their correct form. She would only be a grammar nazi if she directly criticized an individual and attempted to force them to conform to her standards. 

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:
33 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:
1 hour ago, So Whimsy said:

Pet peeve, people confusing you and you're repeatedly. English ain't my first language either but at least I try >.<

grammar nazi confirmed. :P

Pfft.  Kids are taught about you - your - you're in the first years of grade school. You don't have to be much of a grammarian to know the difference.  Unless you are seriously typo-impaired (like me), a mistake with something that basic is just laziness.   (I'm not about to rush out and grab my torch and pitchfork, but this is a decent peeve.)  😉

Totally agreed....peeve approved!     :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:
1 hour ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Pet peeve: humans ruining yet another perfectly good pet peeve thread 

They just never learn and always forget history.

Cooperation? in this day and age? ha! I give you the current crop of antimaskers. Refusing to wear a mask not just for their own safety but for the safety of others. Obviously they don't care if they contract Covid-19 (and die from it) or cause the death of those around them. On the other hand, it reduces the population of a viral species on an over burdened planet and helps to weed out the lesser intelligent of the human lifeform.

see the thing is there is no guarantee they will contract it or die from it.. or spread it to others so its really a 50/50 thing in their eyes.

and some have breathing problems that prevent them from wearing them.. or causing them serious distress. so are you going to go work for them or do all their shopping and then deliver it for them so they never have to go out in public like which you would probably next suggest they do. if not.. then your opinion to them doesn't matter and wont.

Silent simply implied she wants to see more cooperation and doesn't like seeing others not wearing masks as it spreads the virus. She never said she expected her opinion on their mask-wearing should matter to those she criticizes for not wearing masks unless she grocery shops for them.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

see the thing is there is no guarantee they will contract it or die from it.. or spread it to others so its really a 50/50 thing in their eyes.

and some have breathing problems that prevent them from wearing them.. or causing them serious distress. so are you going to go work for them or do all their shopping and then deliver it for them so they never have to go out in public like which you would probably next suggest they do. if not.. then your opinion to them doesn't matter and wont.

You go on and on about how others shouldn't take things so seriously, yet here you are being serious. 

There is no guarantee you won't fall and break your neck in the shower. Most people don't make it a point to fall in the shower.

I have a compromised immune system as well as not being able to breathe wearing a mask. I still wear a mask. Not just for my sake.

I much prefer my opinion of keeping people alive as opposed to their opinion of letting people die. In spite of the fact that there are too many humans destroying the only home they have.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

Silent simply implied she wants to see more cooperation and doesn't like seeing others not wearing masks as it spreads the virus. She never said she expected her opinion on their mask-wearing should matter to those she criticizes for not wearing masks unless she grocery shops for them.

That's not what I said and my opinion never entered into it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

You go on and on about how others shouldn't take things so seriously, yet here you are being serious. 

There is no guarantee you won't fall and break your neck in the shower. Most people don't make it a point to fall in the shower.

I have a compromised immune system as well as not being able to breathe wearing a mask. I still wear a mask. Not just for my sake.

I much prefer my opinion of keeping people alive as opposed to their opinion of letting people die. In spite of the fact that there are too many humans destroying the only home they have.

just because you 'choose' to do something does not mean anyone else has too because you think it is the right thing. people are allowed to be people regardless if others like it or not. no one owes anyone anything at all.

towards your shower comment.. there is less then a 1% chance that will ever happen.. not going to worry about a 1% chance item. i never take a shower when tired or exhausted or any other condition similar or when there is anything in the the shower that might cause a slip hazard.

you would have did better using a car wreck for your example..

Edited by Drakonadrgora Darkfold
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

just because you 'choose' to do something does not mean anyone else has too because you think it is the right thing. people are allowed to be people regardless if others like it or not. no one owes anyone anything at all.

towards your shower comment.. there is less then a 1% chance that will ever happen.. not going to worry about a 1% chance item.

Nothing here has anything to do with my OP you replied to. You've gone off on a tangent all by yourself. I won't be joining you. Have fun.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

She's not a grammar nazi by simply stating she likes to see languages used in their correct form. She would only be a grammar nazi if she directly criticized an individual and attempted to force them to conform to her standards. 

wanting to see language used in the correct form and then mentioning about if it is not even without the actual correcting of someone directly is being a grammar nazi.

if you can ultimately understand what they meant by what they said, it doesnt really matter if they use grammar 100% correct..  

Edited by Drakonadrgora Darkfold
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Nothing here has anything to do with my OP you replied to. You've gone off on a tangent all by yourself. I won't be joining you. Have fun.

ahh.. the bow out response because you know its true.. amusing..

you mentioned how you wear a mask even with your problems with breathing.. that is a choice.. so you "choose' to wear that mask thinking it makes you a better person by doing so. it doesn't.

you tried to use the possibility of a shower fall as toward reasons why people should still wear the mask.. that because there is even a slight possibility that should be enough reason for them to wear the mask in your eyes.

you stated about your opinion about keeping people alive by wearing the mask as if it is some noble concept or idea.. its not. basically trying to indicate that anyone that doesn't is a problem in your eyes.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:
3 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

She's not a grammar nazi by simply stating she likes to see languages used in their correct form. She would only be a grammar nazi if she directly criticized an individual and attempted to force them to conform to her standards. 

wanting to see language used in the correct form and then mentioning about if it is not even without the actual correcting of someone directly is being a grammar nazi.

if you can ultimately understand what they meant by what they said, it doesnt really matter if they use grammar 100% correct..  

One can be aware of and appreciate that the message is ultimately more important than the means by which it is delivered, yet at the same time dislike incorrect grammar. The two are not incompatible, at least not to those who can walk and chew gum at the same time and don't try to lord it over everyone on the forum dictating what others can or can't be peeved about or prefer. Having a preference for correct grammar when reading another's communication does not negate the message of the communicator, nor does it equate to one being nazi-like when the reader expresses those preferences for God's sake.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

just because you 'choose' to do something does not mean anyone else has too because you think it is the right thing. people are allowed to be people regardless if others like it or not. no one owes anyone anything at all.

Every individual owes many things to the community which surrounds that individual.  It may not be easy to know exactly what they owe, but we are all in it together, whatever this life is, and we have a responsibility to others and should care for them as much as we care for ourselves.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

you stated about your opinion about keeping people alive by wearing the mask as if it is some noble concept or idea.. its not. basically trying to indicate that anyone that doesn't is a problem in your eyes.

You were speaking to Silent there, but I'll answer. Most definitely, people who won't wear masks are a problem as they are spreading Covid unnecessarily.  By now we've seen numerous tests & stats demonstrating that masks reduce the spread of Covid.  Most of those who refuse to wear masks have a stupid free-dumb mentality, not caring about anybody but themselves, fearing gubbermint encroachment and adhering to conspiratorial nonsense to such an unreasonable degree that they compromise the safety of others and themselves.

PET PEEVE: idiots who won't wear masks in public

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Every individual owes many things to the community which surrounds that individual.  It may not be easy to know exactly what they owe, but we are all in it together, whatever this life is, and we have a responsibility to others and should care for them as much as we care for ourselves.

no.. they dont.. and never did.. no one is owed anything by anyone ever. you still dont get it yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

You were speaking to Silent there, but I'll answer. Most definitely, people who won't wear masks are a problem as they are spreading Covid unnecessarily.  By now we've seen numerous tests & stats demonstrating that masks reduce the spread of Covid.  Most of those who refuse to wear masks have a stupid free-dumb mentality, not caring about anybody but themselves, fearing gubbermint encroachment and adhering to conspiratorial nonsense to such an unreasonable degree that they compromise the safety of others and themselves.

PET PEEVE: idiots who won't wear masks in public

tough if you dont like that they 'choose' not to be how you think they should be or how others think they should be.. that is their choice. no one has to care what anyone else thinks or feels about them ever. and there is no guarantee they are compromising the safety of themselves or others by not wearing a mask if they have not been exposed to it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

One can be aware of and appreciate that the message is ultimately more important than the means by which it is delivered, yet at the same time dislike incorrect grammar. The two are not incompatible, at least not to those who can walk and chew gum at the same time and don't try to lord it over everyone on the forum dictating what others can or can't be peeved about or prefer. Having a preference for correct grammar when reading another's communication does not negate the message of the communicator, nor does it equate to one being nazi-like when the reader expresses those preferences for God's sake.

yes it does.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

tough if you dont like that they 'choose' not to be how you think they should be or how others think they should be.. that is their choice. no one has to care what  a current anyone else thinks or feels about them ever. and there is no guarantee they are compromising the safety of themselves or others by not wearing a mask if they have not been exposed to it.

Your freedom of choice ends when it infringes on my choice to live.  If you want to expose yourself to a covid infected person, your choice but the covid infected person does not have the right to expose themselves to others.  And seriously, if you have a problem with that, there is something inherantly wrong with you.  Unless you plan to display a current test result pinned to your damn shirt, wear the mask!

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Today's peeve:  People that have no clue about forum etiquette and create posts in all caps and huge fonts - even worse when there is a ton of text entered that way.

Oh yeah, and those that center their entire post.

Ooooh.

/me goes to find problem posts :)

PS: Found it Lil! Even posted. LoL

 

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RowanMinx said:

Your freedom of choice ends when it infringes on my choice to live.  If you want to expose yourself to a covid infected person, your choice but the covid infected person does not have the right to expose themselves to others.  And seriously, if you have a problem with that, there is something inherantly wrong with you.  Unless you plan to display a current test result pinned to your damn shirt, wear the mask!

incorrect.. it does not end just because you think or say it does. incorrect they do have the choice you dont get to tell them they dont.

Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 145 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...