What are some more of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1217 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Please don't take any of this personally, I am speaking generally and taking advantage of your words because they seem illustrative or emblematic. I tried to make an impression in high-contrast ink, and I hope you consider it, but with apologies if it's all old news.

I feel like this is almost a double-post, but another pet peeve of mine is "just kidding, haha."

tenor.gif

I suppose all of it was in some meta sense an attempt to hold up a mirror of what life without compassion for others is like. When you said "person always knocking everyone else" originally, I assumed the worst possible context, which is that you're ignoring and berating some survivor of actual atrocity, because believe this or not that is a thing that actually happens, and it's so incredibly toxic it should be scrubbed clean from society wherever it turns up. Invalidation of actual atrocity is yet another of my pet peeves.

Edited by Chroma Starlight
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

*headdesks repeatedly and wonders if reading comprehension is even taught in schools any more*

Comprehension is born of understanding and appreciation of the world's many voices and perspectives. I think few regular institutions teach it, although some maverick teachers still impart some wisdom that put kids on a path to understand the world. I'm not sure you can blame the schools for the cultural disengenuousness of our political and economic institutions and too often religious institutions. Disengenuousness is another one of my pet peeves.

Edited by Chroma Starlight
  • Haha 2

On 8/17/2020 at 9:44 PM, Silent Mistwalker said:

Ever hear the old saying, "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bs."? Yeah, we're being feed a lot of bs on a daily basis, only the bs isn't baffling. The person always knocking everyone else and claiming everyone else is always wrong does the same thing day after day, day in and day out, apparently expects a different outcome each time. Oh well.

2 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

*headdesks repeatedly and wonders if reading comprehension is even taught in schools any more*

I think she missed the humor of your original statement and just went off on a tangent.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Chroma Starlight said:

Comprehension is born of understanding and appreciation of the world's many voices and perspectives. I think few regular institutions teach it, although some maverick teachers still impart some wisdom that put kids on a path to understand the world. I'm not sure you can blame the schools for the cultural disengenuousness of our political and economic institutions and too often religious institutions. Disengenuousness is another one of my pet peeves.

We are definitely not on the same page. Let me know if you ever catch up. 

Edited by Silent Mistwalker

On 8/17/2020 at 9:40 PM, Chroma Starlight said:

So it goes with injustice. You say something because you know in your heart it's wrong to ignore, because you know you have value as a human being, because you want to live in the best possible world and best possible community. And this isn't a passing fancy, this is something you really truly earnestly want, and so day in and day out, you are authentic to your beliefs for a world with liberty and equality and justice for all. And you do expect a different outcome every time. The word for that is hope. People without hope are another one of my pet peeves.

I may get angry at times when I see something particularly unjust, but for me it's enough to see the instances where justice prevails, to see the desire for justice written in our laws even though it is often circumvented. People that rush to pull someone out of a burning car at great peril. People that risk their job to do what's right.  People that deliberately practice random acts of kindness. I have hope that we can turn this around from a 'might makes right' world into a world of cooperation. After all, cooperation is as much a part of evolution as competition and elimination of the weak is.  It may happen after climate change reduces us to a fraction of what we were, but I still have hope.

Pet Peeve: Same as yours, people without hope even though looking around today I do sympathize with their lack of hope.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 1

Running out of almond milk when you have the blender already full of ingredients..

I needed 1 1/2 cups and only had a cup and had to use water for the 1/2 cup..

Is there no end to my pain?! \o/

Oh, I made a really good juice though to make up for it..

If you guys ever had Minute Maid Berry juice.. My friend calls it Jesus Juice because it's so good..hehehe

Anyways, I made a Natural version of that..

Two 1" slices of watermelon.. That's cutting a whole ring 1" thick..You juice the rine and everything..because the good stuff is in the rine

2" piece of ginger root chopped up

Two Red Apples

Two Pares

Two Kiwi peeled and sliced

1 cup of strawberries

1 cup of blueberries

1 cup of rassberries

1 cup of black berries

1 Tbsp of flax seed

You juice the watermelon and apples and pares and stir really well..then add the juice to the blender.. your blender should have a max liquid line..might want to stay below that until you are sure all your ingredients will fit..

Then add all other ingredients to the blends...

Mine has an extract function so it goes through cycles..so when it's done it's pretty well done..

But just make sure you start out pulsing to get stuff chopped up some, then on high once things start to smooth out..

Then pour in a glass and enjoy the Jesus Juice that is better than minute maid berry.. Hehehehe

it's really good..

My horses are loving when I come outside and give them the pulp.. Their tongues get going like a dog with peanut butter on the roof of it's mouth..hehehe

When they see that pulp container in my hand you'd think there was a mare in season the way they carry on..hehehehe

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Oh, I made a really good juice

I've been meaning to ask you...what Juicer did you buy?  And are you feeling better doing all this juicing?  And are you eating other types of regular food too?

Pet Peeve: I never seem to get around to eating as many fruits and veggies as I think I should.

4 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I've been meaning to ask you...what Juicer did you buy?  And are you feeling better doing all this juicing?  And are you eating other types of regular food too?

Pet Peeve: I never seem to get around to eating as many fruits and veggies as I think I should.

I bought a Breville Juice fountain plus.. It's an 800w if I remember right.. My next one is gonna be a slow Juicer, which juices better because those get more juice out of things than the fast rotating ones.. But this one does a really good job..

L4388286.JPG

My Blender is a Nutribullet 1000w

I love this thing,. It has extract, High, low and pulse.. and it has a big pitcher and comes with a smoothie cup with it's own blender blades just for making smoothies..

1e058408-6215-4bd0-9cd1-eacf50707c3e_1.0

As far as if i am feeling better..

This time of year I really do a lot of juicing and smoothies because of the heat.. but i do them all year round..

I do eat other things mainly like at work I'll have some kind of chicken or something that feels clean to me.. I don't mess with grease or any processed things or anything with preservatives.. Any of the meats I have are from our farm ,so I know what I'm eating..

I'm always eating fruits or veggies of some kind as snack..

In the morning I'll make maybe 2 soft boiled eggs and have those with an avocado and some sort of smoothie, like a veggie smoothie.. Then I'll make my juice for when I'm at work..

Smoothie is full of the vitamins and fiber and the juice is for just all the rich vitamins and energy boosting..

I'm never worn out and always full of energy and in such good shape and good health..  My immunity is so boosted from all this.. I can tell from my hair and my nails and my skin..

I could fill this page with all the benefits..

Just something as simple as blueberries can have a big impact on blood sugar levels.. they start working in an hour or two.. Berries are awesome for you..

To do this kind of thing every day is so beneficial that I can't see myself ever not doing it..

I'm always trying to talk people into doing this at work.. Seeing the crap a lot of them eat.. Food is fuel.. We can run on premium or we can run on the stuff that make the engine knock.

hehehe

I could go on forever on it.. but you'd be thanking yourself if you did.. you'll notice a difference like right away, just in the energy boost that comes with it..

I'm addicted to it..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

6 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

As far as if i am feeling better.. This time of ... etc ... I do eat other ... etc ... I'm always ... etc ... In the morning I'll ... etc ... Smoothie is full of ... etc ... I'm never worn out ... etc ... I could fill this page with ... etc ... Just something as ... etc ... To do this kind of ... etc ... I'm always trying to ... etc ... hehehe I could go on forever on it.. ... etc ...

I'm addicted to it..

/me "Hey Tony how you doing man. Yeah it's me Nick, just send a pizza will you, yeah the usual, yeah some french fries too. No i got beer. Thanks man."

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Running out of almond milk when you have the blender already full of ingredients..

I needed 1 1/2 cups and only had a cup and had to use water for the 1/2 cup..

Is there no end to my pain?! \o/

Oh, I made a really good juice though to make up for it..

If you guys ever had Minute Maid Berry juice.. My friend calls it Jesus Juice because it's so good..hehehe

Anyways, I made a Natural version of that..

Two 1" slices of watermelon.. That's cutting a whole ring 1" thick..You juice the rine and everything..because the good stuff is in the rine

2" piece of ginger root chopped up

Two Red Apples

Two Pares

Two Kiwi peeled and sliced

1 cup of strawberries

1 cup of blueberries

1 cup of rassberries

1 cup of black berries

1 Tbsp of flax seed

Idly calculates the cost of that cup of juice and figures the pizza is probably cheaper and will keep me full longer. 😄

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Idly calculates the cost of that cup of juice and figures the pizza is probably cheaper and will keep me full longer. 😄

I did say it was called Jesus Juice.

Hehehe

Really it's not that expensive since it made a whole pitcher.

Plus i still have enough ingredients to probably make two more pitchers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I did say it was called Jesus Juice.

Hehehe

Really it's not that expensive since it made a whole pitcher.

Plus i still have enough ingredients to probably make two more pitchers.

I was kidding about the pizza anyway as I haven't had that in years but do eat quite a bit of fruit daily. I used to make the smoothies too and even have the slow juicer but as I don't have any horses had to eat the pulp myself besides needing the fiber. 

Ps. interesting tidbit on the watermelon rind.

45 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

'm never worn out and always full of energy and in such good shape and good health..  My immunity is so boosted from all this.. I can tell from my hair and my nails and my skin..

I could fill this page with all the benefits..

Thanks for the info!   I'm willing to give it a try...planning my next grocery delivery as we speak.

I actually have that nutri-bullet!   It's dusty though     :(

4 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I was kidding about the pizza anyway as I haven't had that in years but do eat quite a bit of fruit daily. I used to make the smoothies too and even have the slow juicer but as I don't have any horses had to eat the pulp myself besides needing the fiber. 

Ps. interesting tidbit on the watermelon rind.

You can do the same with pineapple also.. Just remove the stalk and the two knots on each end.. since it's getting juiced..unless you want to use the pulp.. Which, I'll skin a pinapple and juice it and then add it to a blender and then add the pulp.. It just makes it better for some reason and makes whatever I'm mixing it will, all the better..

I'll also stir fry for lunch a lot.. I love stir fry.. plus just love using my wok.. hehehehe

3 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I did say it was called Jesus Juice... etc.. Plus i still have enough ingredients to probably make two more pitchers.

3 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I was kidding about the pizza anyway as I haven't had that in years but do eat quite a bit of fruit daily..

/me Looks in the fridge... meat.. meatballs.. cheese.. ham...chicken...beef... hmm.. searches thoroughly .. finds 1 pear.  Oh hai my little friend!

Edited by Nick0678
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Thanks for the info!   I'm willing to give it a try...planning my next grocery delivery as we speak.

I actually have that nutri-bullet!   It's dusty though     :(

I'd look into the slow juicers if you end up going that way in the future..

I was in a hurry to get a new juicer and should have looked a little harder..

I love that blender.. Both  of those stay on my counter the whole time.. I'll have them both worn out at the pace I'm going now.. hehehehe

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

You can do the same with pineapple also.. Just remove the stalk and the two knots on each end.. since it's getting juiced..unless you want to use the pulp.. Which, I'll skin a pinapple and juice it and then add it to a blender and then add the pulp.. It just makes it better for some reason and makes whatever I'm mixing it will, all the better..

I do use eat/blend oranges with the rind as I get canker sores without it. "Whole fruit" is best for me in that regard.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I'd look into the slow juicers if you end up going that way in the future..

I was in a hurry to get a new juicer and should have looked a little harder..

Please let me know of the new one when you get it.

But you think this nutri-bullet will do most of what I want?  Or why did you get an additional one?

5 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Please let me know of the new one when you get it.

But you think this nutri-bullet will do most of what I want?  Or why did you get an additional one?

I just bought both of mine recently and got rid of my old ones..

I have the Nutribullet 1000watt now..

Also, What watt is yours?

Edited by Ceka Cianci

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1217 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.