Let's Count

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1418 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In a forum I used to be a part of, about something other than SL, there was this thread where the point was simply to post a number. That number being one more than the number posted right before, so if I post the number one, the next person would post 3, and after that 3, and so forth. In that ther forum the thread got over 4000 posts. That was when I went on to other things, for all I know they might still be doing it. It is a silly pointless thing I know, but why not.

so I will start,

Aren't those threads usually just to bump post count though?

Way back when, I was in a forum for a gaming clan - we instead competed with putting as many characters as possible into a single post, without resorting to just spamming 'aaaaaaaa' all over - so we'd just come up with random nonsense stories instead.

"Nothing could ever be as it was again, for the pancakes were no longer available on the menu and this shocking turn of events had knocked civilization off of its feet. Peter had known this day was coming, though, because he saw through all the chaotic conspiracies and knew the truth. Zombies. He'd gotten himself a golf car and stocked it with snacks, granted they'd all spoiled by now as he, too, was a great admirer of pancakes. The jam might still be edible, but unfortunately the clearing in the woods he had parked his golf car in had plenty of ants, and of course he couldn't resist the temptation of opening all the jam jars to taste them - he'd told himself it was to assure himself of its quality."

The character limit in a single post was 60,000. I won.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Way back when, I was in a forum for a gaming clan - we instead competed with putting as many characters as possible into a single post, without resorting to just spamming 'aaaaaaaa' all over - so we'd just come up with random nonsense stories instead.

"Nothing could ever be as it was again, for the pancakes were no longer available on the menu and this shocking turn of events had knocked civilization off of its feet. Peter had known this day was coming, though, because he saw through all the chaotic conspiracies and knew the truth. Zombies. He'd gotten himself a golf car and stocked it with snacks, granted they'd all spoiled by now as he, too, was a great admirer of pancakes. The jam might still be edible, but unfortunately the clearing in the woods he had parked his golf car in had plenty of ants, and of course he couldn't resist the temptation of opening all the jam jars to taste them - he'd told himself it was to assure himself of its quality."

The character limit in a single post was 60,000. I won.

Was the entire point to my game I posted at the end of last year.  So I could have those nice sparkles under me name 😀. I smile when I see that it occasionally pops back up on the 1st page of threads- whether people have fun with it or use it same as I did....  

10 hours ago, Orwar said:

But it's Rep points that count anyway, who cares about post count? Oh and i think this should be eleven.

16 hours ago, Talligurl said:

In a forum I used to be a part of, about something other than SL, there was this thread where the point was simply to post a number. That number being one more than the number posted right before, so if I post the number one, the next person would post 3, and after that 3, and so forth. In that ther forum the thread got over 4000 posts. That was when I went on to other things, for all I know they might still be doing it. It is a silly pointless thing I know, but why not.

so I will start,

Ummmm, maybe this sort of thread isn't really for you after all?  Counting doesn't seem to be your strong suit.

By  the way, you're "11" was also supposed to be 12, so this is 13.

Edited by Tolya Ugajin

6 hours ago, Tolya Ugajin said:

Ummmm, maybe this sort of thread isn't really for you after all?  Counting doesn't seem to be your strong suit.

By  the way, you're "11" was also supposed to be 12, so this is 13.

Actually I didn't count, I saw there were 10 replies and thought that meant 10 posts, but the OP wasn't a reply so I needed to add one to get the total number of posts. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1418 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.