Strange Interaction

Waiomao

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1462 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

How is everybody holding up? I know nerves are frayed these days, and a lot of people (myself included sometimes) are having a hard time. This makes people in RL say weird things sometimes, but I experienced that in SL for the first time today when I received this IM out of the blue:

Another resident: look idiot why you stop for wait greens on storm? You not have education and people talk me you are a old womewn ..why you not respect a game idiot? everyone who has not been banned from lindens off for more time this game ... now i reporter you ... and the honest ones can't play because of the cheaters, it's a bad avi everyone says ... i will report todso oa avis who do not respect the owner, who pays you to close this game once and for all .... you do not know how to respect the game, being always standing on the rocks ... I send videos and report ... I am helping to do this job, me and more friends from realm linden ,,, ty and bye bye, you haven’t changed and it’s hard to be honest… ty will name videos and it’s a shame this game will be closed

Me: ????

Another resident: pig not control me ok Pig? ty respect me and people too ,people talk me you are a cheters all time ,pig ,go work pig  ,respect a game and peoploe too for me you are *****  bye bye

Me: I don't understand. I hope you are OK, I know people are worried about pandemic. Stay safe!

If I'm reading this correctly, the other resident is accusing me of cheating in Linden Realms, then insulting me. It sounds like I've disrespected her by standing on rocks, which is not something I do (in LR, if you stand anywhere except the Workshop for more than a moment you are transported out of the game). I spend more time than usual in LR now that we're all home, but I'm not tech savvy enough to cheat. I'm chalking this other resident's IM up to frayed nerves. She likes the Sands of Time Desert too, and maybe she feels like I am infringing on her territory when I run around there. I really don't know.

I don't take this personally; after all, this is avatar to avatar, not person to person. But it's not in my nature to offend people, and I'd like to know if something I'm doing is annoying other players in LR. Does anyone know of a way that I can playback my running through LR? I'd like to figure out what I did to annoy her; that was never my intention.

Mahalo / thanks / merci / gracias.

• Sad 1

Linden Lab reviews all reports from a neutral standpoint and only uses the text and screenshots provided in the report as a reference to find what the issue was in server logs.no matter how false a report is, Linden Lab will always be able to see the truth on the server side logs.

Since this is Linden Realms, I believe moderation regarding it is off-loaded to the Linden Department of Public Works(I think one or two Moles with special access?) in which case, they have scripted objects that log additional data.

Simply put, if you didn't actually do anything, nothing is going to happen, no matter how many false reports. Crazy people, self proclaimed "police", anti-griefers(similar to "police" but griefing tools), and various other fake enforcement people tend to be a rare occurrence (at least, from my experience), but they do exist, and the best solution is to block them and let them live in their fantasy until they end up breaking rules themselves and getting banned.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Waiomao said:

The IMs came from a long-term (8 years!) resident and were so harsh that she sounds in pain. I just wish there was something I could do to help.

It may be in real life pain, but is not your responsibility at all. They may be receiving treatment in real life for their issues, and sound like they should be.  Please move on from this and put them out of your mind.  This is not what you come into Second Life for, and not something you should be encountering.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Waiomao said:

now i reporter you ... and the honest ones can't play because of the cheaters, it's a bad avi everyone says ... i will report todso oa avis who do not respect 

I thought the PIOF was basically to cut down on those who had multiple avatars (which may be thought of as cheating?) and thus Linden Realms is now for those with PIOF (Payment Info on File) only.   Did you check to see if she had PIOF?  If she doesn't have PIOF, she thinks she is the honest one who cannot play because of you who may have PIOF perhaps?  I haven't looked at either of your profiles to see if either of you have PIOF.

This is the best I can figure out as I don't know that much about Linden Realms.  

I would report her.

She cannot go around harassing those who have payment info on file and blame them for the reason she cannot play if she has no payment info on file.  

Maybe what is wrote here is what was going on with her...although I am not sure.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

I thought the PIOF was basically to cut down on those who had multiple avatars (which may be thought of as cheating?) and thus Linden Realms is now for those with PIOF (Payment Info on File) only.  

If that's the case, it isn't very effective. I have three alts who are premium members. It's not a secret that are my alts; their profiles say that they are.

ETA: I don't play Linden Realms.

Edited by Jennifer Boyle
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jennifer Boyle said:

If that's the case, it isn't very effective. I have three alts who are premium members. It's not a secret that are my alts; their profiles say that they are.

Never mind that you can use the same payment info on multiple accounts even if you don't buy anything...

• Like 4

Thanks all.

For the record, having payment info on file is not necessary to enter Linden Realms or to play the game. Linden Lab use PIOF as an incentive rather than a barrier; PIOF allows additional payout (completion of quest PLUS crystal redemption). 

I'm taking your advice and ignoring the strange rant. But I'll admit to still being concerned about that person. It's more important now than ever to look out for each other, and she is definitely hurting.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jennifer Boyle said:

Okay, this I wasn't sure of as I only have one avi with PIOF.  

To the OP:  I think the avatar is sending out that rant as a griefer tool because for whatever reason she cannot play anymore.

So you can either report it or ignore it.

I was also thinking that reporting it to LL might be good because LL might know if this avatar is hassling other avatars.  

Sorry that happened to you but I don't think it has to do with coronavirus stress, I think she is ranting because she or her friends cannot play anymore for whatever reason it is that they cannot play or get a particular "payout".   To me, it almost sounds like some copy and paste rant to hassle others but your life is your own...it's your choice to report or ignore. 

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1

Ignore-block them & move on.  Try not to give them any more time & headspace than you already have.

Many, many moons ago I managed to find myself in an SL harem for a hot microsecond.  Turns out it was long enough for one of the other slaves to take notice of & fixate on me.  Raging hate, pixel death threats, & curses heaped upon my children’s children.  All delivered in a very broken English (hey I don’t hate cause I can’t speak any other language) that was so repetitive & unyielding in its barrage of caps lock screaming that I got the hint that they didn’t like me very much.  

pretty certain this person earned my first muting in SL.

It didn’t end there.  They made more alts with variations of that name to continue harassing me loooong after I decided I didn’t want to deal with a poly-situation (& yes fleeing this individuals crosshairs). 

But wait, there’s more!  Several times this person would try to get me to IM them (even tho they knew I muted them upon 1st contact of an alt) by paying me single lindens, repeatedly, sometimes like 20-30 in a slow succession.  

There’s no words for what to even make of that craziness.  Eventually I stopped hearing from them.   I can only believe they found someone shinier to stalk.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

All delivered in a very broken English (hey I don’t hate cause I can’t speak any other language) that was so repetitive & unyielding in its barrage of caps lock screaming that I got the hint that they didn’t like me very much.  

I have received also very much the same thing...very bizarre broken English.  It was so bizarre I pretty much knew it was a copy and paste job kind of thing.  The avatar eventually passed away, I think.  I dunno...they just disappeared into never never land. 

But, to most people, I'd say, don't fall for this copy/paste gibberish nor think it was anything you did because you know darn well what you did or did not do as we are all grown ups here...it's a griefer tool - report it.  You may help others out by reporting it.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 3

I have encountered some truly bizarre individuals in SL.  But to be realistic, I’m sure the chances that I have equally creepy folks in my RL is likely high- just something about the anonymity of the net encourages them to let it all hang out.

But yea, report, mute & move on. 

• Like 5

Just reply - "WIBBLE"! to everything they write, nothing else just "WIBBLE".

Failing this...place a hand firmly on each of their ears and then quickly push hard with one hand while pulling hard with the other. If done correctly, you'll hear a loud "crack"....and all normality will then return to your world!

....or be boring and just mute and derender them!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Dano Seale said:

Just reply - "WIBBLE"! to everything they write, nothing else just "WIBBLE".

Failing this...place a hand firmly on each of their ears and then quickly push hard with one hand while pulling hard with the other. If done correctly, you'll hear a loud "crack"....and all normality will then return to your world!

....or be boring and just mute and derender them!

You are right Dano

As Blackadder says: A large crisis requires a large plan. Get me 2 pencils and a pair of underpants.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/22/2020 at 10:11 PM, Waiomao said:

The IMs came from a long-term (8 years!) resident and were so harsh that she sounds in pain. I just wish there was something I could do to help.

I don't know you, but I respect you.

This grid (and quite frankly, this planet) needs more of the compassion shown here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, ArgontheDevil Ormega said:

A few years ago I encountered a nut like this and after not responding to her ravings I said something like, "Just filling out the AR form.  Is there anything else you would like me to add?"

Silence.

Darn. I wish I could think up things this perfect on the fly! 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1462 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.