Must See YouTube SL Movie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1520 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay.   I thought this was gonna be one of those griefing  videos that proliferate YouTube. It’s not!

I legit laughed and smiled at this little documentary more than I have to any TV in a very long time.
This reminded me of what my second life was when I first joined 10+ years ago. It has not been that way in a very very long time.

I would totally tune into adventures of Mr. mooniac  and Mr. voit In SL as a regular show.  

I got into a philosophical discussion with one of the people who knew this was being made and who actually helped out during production from Rez about the ending of this...she felt the ending was kind of dark...and while I see her point...this story really is aimed squarely at the men who play SL in my opinion...it speaks directly to me and what my experience as a noob was like...I dunno, I have a feeling that the things that make me laugh hard in this video might be gender specific...just saying...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, StealthyScorpio69 said:

I have a feeling that the things that make me laugh hard in this video might be gender specific...j

I don't think so.  I just posted a rave review of it on my blog.

I do agree with you that it is told from a male perspective.  Doesn't matter though, I still found it funny!  (And yes, dark too).

• Like 2

Yeah...the sign up process no longer lets you pick from a selection of avatars.  You just get to select your gender (Male, Female, or...I forget the exact term they use...gender neutral?)

Almost everyone coming through the arrival portal these days is either that 70's dude with the boom box or Carmen San Diego.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Yeah...the sign up process no longer lets you pick from a selection of avatars.  You just get to select your gender (Male, Female, or...I forget the exact term they use...gender neutral?)

Almost everyone coming through the arrival portal these days is either that 70's dude with the boom box or Carmen San Diego.

Non-binary, did it yesterday. A bit disconcerting to find I had a dog in a bag! 

Edited by Marigold Devin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/16/2020 at 3:52 AM, Zzevir said:

There should be an in world screening and watch it together. And everybody should be mildly drunk.  

And if somebody runs a screen capture that could be the  part 2. 

I disagree! Why are we limited to mildly drunk???

• Haha 2

I saw this link a few days ago and put the video on my "to do" list. Then today I checked it and saw how long it was and I came really close to saying eff it. But as others have said, it pulls you in quickly and I watched it through and just laughed. Thanks for posting this here; I would never have seen it otherwise.

• Like 2

I wonder if the Australian guy is supposed to be the guy that did all those new player adventures like 10 or so years ago, but showing up to warn him about SL..

Remember that guy that kind of had the crocodile hunter theme going on?

I wish I could remember the name of his videos, because they were really funny too..

On 4/17/2020 at 3:14 PM, Lindal Kidd said:

Yes, I created an alt recently and got the '70s dude. No other choice. (Seriously, why is the LL marketing department inflicting that on new users?)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1520 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.