Do you need to vent about things COVID-19?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1172 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 hours ago, Maryanne Solo said:

So, as very talented & knowledgeable people here will also tell you, tile grout, wet area treatments and toliet bowls all take a day or so to set/cure so if the work is planned as mentioned, its still only approximately a weeks work lol. (unpainted).
I was just hoping to give you some insight on how these people are trained and what the industry, (in this country), expects and quite frankly - what you deserve.
All the best to you 8^)

I actually don't really have a clue about the difference in standarts/expectations between US and Germany. 😧 Also, I think we all agree that if I got what I deserve, I'd take my baths in a tub made out of diamond. Joking aside, I think the magic triangle of "Quick/Welldone/cheap - chose two!" applies here. And I know "cheap" is already chosen. 😧

2 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Yea they could just be giving a bigger estimate on time because of the times were are in today.. Just to give leeway just in case.. like if there are any custom cabinets and they haven't gotten them measured up, it may take longer to get them in.. things like that..

it's probably just leaving a big safety net rather than telling you a shorter time, then running into something and it taking longer than they said..

I'm sure they have their reasons..

I was just curious if there was something special going in that they may have to wait to get cut and polished, like granite surround for the tub and shower.. things like that..

My fathers company does a lot of new and remodel work.. Remodeling, anything can pop up to delay a job...

No custom anything, they've seen the bathroom a year ago to take a look at what to expect - and told me the tile guy will give me a call in aprox two weeks. He never did, so that's the level of professionalism we talk about here, lol. I still wonder if that means I will not be able to chose my tiles but was supposed to. We'll see monday, I guess. 
I'll ask them for a better estimate, because I agree, they propably gave it leeway due to the situation.  
But yeah, nothing special at all. It's a small apartment in a building from 76', my landlord isn't that well off, neither am I. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

We could say the same about the hydroxychloroquine myth that Trumpies believe in...

Like you, people trust in authorities to give accurate information.

Myself,I  don't trust people in office for things like this..In my eyes I only look at what they are planning on doing or are doing..

When politicians, which most used to be lawyers and judges and just about anything far from a scientist, start speaking science.. I tend to start looking elsewhere..

Most all of them do a half assed job of repeating it as well as will many times use it as a distraction for the terrible job they have been doing.. blame it on the science rather than themselves pretty much..

I'm not talking about just in this case, but most times..hehehehe

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Myself,I  don't trust people in office for things like this..In my eyes I only look at what they are planning on doing or are doing..

When politicians, which most used to be lawyers and judges and just about anything far from a scientist, start speaking science.. I tend to start looking elsewhere..

Most all of them do a half assed job of repeating it as well as will many times use it as a distraction for the terrible job they have been doing.. blame it on the science rather than themselves pretty much..

I think the biggest problem we have in the US at this time is those who don't trust in Science, and instead believe conspiracy theories.

5 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I think the biggest problem we have in the US at this time is those who don't trust in Science, and instead believe conspiracy theories.

That's another reason I don't take what politicians say to heart.. Because a lot of times, and this is on both sides as well as the medias that push for their sides.. There are many that reinforce conspiracy theories..

A lot of the time the information is out there to find.. most things just take a little research, where a lot of people just settle for being spoon fed whatever gets put on the dinner table..

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

A lot of the time the information is out there to find.. most things just take a little research, where a lot of people just settle for being spoon fed whatever gets put on the dinner table..

So true...and it doesn't help that there are so many 'science posers' out there these days....and many don't seem to know how to access valid science.

9 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

That's another reason I don't take what politicians say to heart.. Because a lot of times, and this is on both sides as well as the medias that push for their sides.. There are many that reinforce conspiracy theories..

From evaluating the science, I think Democrats have a better handle on the current issues though. How this would play out once in office could be a different matter.

19 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

From evaluating the science, I think Democrats have a better handle on the current issues though. How this would play out once in office could be a different matter.

I had a post typed up and went to send it.. Then the forums went and shut down hehehehe

Since that was yesterday and I'm worn out from work. I'm just gonna pass on it today..I'm too wore out to talk politics today..hehe

I just figured I would say something rather than leaving you left hanging in the wind..hehehe

It wasn't bad or anything.. just along the lines of where i was at already..;)

Well I could vent that from Tuesday my town is going back into lockdown but I won't as it won't affect me.  I haven't left the original lockdown other that a couple of ventures out to outside places.  No pubs or restaurants for me.  Just a visit to a nature reserve and garden centre.  I just have to keep disinfecting the school child every day.  

• Like 1

This is a "Yay" but with a "sigh" because it had to be corrected in the first place. Presidential pressure has no place on the CDC's findings or recommendations, ffs. This is a news bulletin from that bastion of "fake news" :::cough::: The Washington Post:

CDC reverses heavily criticized guidance on coronavirus testing

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Friday reversed a heavily criticized guidance it issued in August about whom should be tested for the novel coronavirus.

The agency updated its recommendation to call for testing anyone — including people without symptoms — who has been in close contact with someone diagnosed with covid-19, the disease caused by the virus.

The change took place after the agency was directed last month by the White House coronavirus task force to shift its testing guidance. The task force-directed guidance said those without symptoms “do not necessarily need a test.”

Last month’s change alarmed public health and medical professionals who raised an outcry because they feared it would add to public confusion and impede contact tracing needed to control the spread of the virus. Administration officials said the push to limit testing was driven by the task force and other federal health officials involved in testing.

Testing of people without symptoms is critical because the CDC estimates that up to 40 percent of people infected with the coronavirus never show symptoms and may be highly infectious and spread the virus to other people.

The guidance posted Friday essentially reverts to the CDC’s original recommendation that all people who have had close contact with a person with documented coronavirus infection need to be tested.

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 1

Best-selling author, Chuck Wendig, just posted a blog article that is both unsettling but oddly reassuring for these times. Be aware he cusses a lot, if you are sensitive to such things.  We didn't start the fire, indeed. 

Chuck Wendig You're not the effed up one

Billy, put your pen down ffs! Noooo not gender-reveal forest-fire!!!!

Edited by Seicher Rae

1 hour ago, iceing Braveheart said:

Oh. My. Gawd.  One opening of this site immediately shows it for the crank site it is. The "manifesto" is hilarious. (Furthermore, when was the last time you ever saw a legitimate site/publication have a "manifesto"?)  This article is blasting Australia, btw, fwiw. Oz has its cranks, too.

This is definitely NWTE, but is amusing in its hair-pulling absurdity.

Btw, Iceing, what is the reason behind your sig line? I've seen a few people boasting??? about their theoretical computers in their sig lines lately. Why is this a thing?

Edited by Seicher Rae

18 minutes ago, PermaRuthed said:

lol

I am not clicking on any links iceing posts.  Most likely riddled with malware and viruses. 

I'm not familiar with this poster, but that one link is all it took. And given what I saw, your policy of not clicking on things iceing [sic] posts is no doubt wise.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

I'm not familiar with this poster, but that one link is all it took. And given what I saw, your policy of not clicking on things iceing [sic] posts is no doubt wise.

Him posting doggy links like infowars and breitbart couple pages back is all I need to know never to trust them.  Infowars gave my computer cancer in 2001.

THIRD of UK Covid victims in July and August 'died from OTHER causes' - including cancer or being hit by a car - Oxford University scientists reveal.

33370060-8750139-image-m-23_160051157189

The study shows that people who may have died from cancer or who were run over and killed, but who had tested positive for coronavirus, were included among the virus deaths even though it did not kill them.

Officially during the pandemic 263,826 deaths were recorded in England and Wales with 218,143 from other causes. Using the university's data this suggest that 45,683 died from coronavirus than the Government's figure of 49,560. The team from Oxford University is concerned that the over counting will get worse as the pandemic continues and that it will give a false representation of the true figure. The information has led Matt Hancock to order an urgent review of the data and this led the Government to reduce its covid-19 death figure by 5,377 to 43,329.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8750139/Scientists-claim-UK-covid-19-victims-July-August-died-causes.html

Published: 11:12 BST, 19 September 2020

Edited by Nick0678

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1172 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.