Do you need to vent about things COVID-19?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1202 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Covid has so screwed up everyones lives that now in some cities schools are only going to go for maybe a couple days of the week and the rest will be done home schooled over the internet to those who have it.

This is going to impact even more families where one or both parents need to be able to work to afford everything that the family requires.

• Thanks 1

On 7/24/2020 at 12:30 PM, Evah Baxton said:

As is obvious in the world today, many people are having a hard time trusting the systems that are supposedly there to help and inform us.

There are outright "COVID deniers" (akin to "CLIMATE deniers") who believe that the whole thing is a lie. I hope they are just a small percentage of the skeptics.

In all my research, article reading, studying, following, and listening, it's just so obvious to me that our checks and balances have failed, that governments around the world are incapable of taking action and are corrupt (no matter the side), that money controls the medical & science fields & it's people are weak, and people can protest for months in the streets without change. Lots of praising, no changing.

I am going to have a very hard time taking this same system's injections and following it's "laws". It's going to get really real when "believers" starve the "skeptics" into compliance. Their smug smiles most likely accompanied by a nice uniform with lots of symbolism.

Skepticism is prudent -- I'm happy first responders will get the first few million doses of the vaccine -- but it's a short trip over the line from skeptic to crank:

The data underlying that survey show a bunch of unexpected differences. It's weird to me that the conspiracy theory appears compelling to some all the way up to grad school; I'd have expected a ceiling effect with much less education than that. If you click thru you'll also see that Females believe it more than Males, which is worrisome and weird.

One thing that really irritates me to no end is noticing some companies taking advantage of this virus..Mine being one of them..

They put everyone on furlough when it all first began and saying it was because of the virus..Which was bullcrap.. They used it to get rid of 600 employees the easy way through email after we were all furloughed..

Then They cut positions without really removing the positions..

They put techs on the line and gave them a choice..Either work on the line for a pay cut for some,of 3.00 an hour and still take care of the machine you are working on the line at..which is pretty much still doing their other job ,but now working the line as well, or in 60 days, which was cut down to 15 days, you will be terminated if you don't.

they pretty much did the same thing in other positions that they felt they could..

Lets see what else did they do.. Oh yea, they cut our vacation pay down to just a regular day's pay rather than doing it by percentage of time worked, which gave us the opportunity to earn more for each day we had coming for vacation..

They've sped up all the lines and changed them from team lines to one man jobs, which has lost them so many employees that they are now back to using a temp service..

So, soon as most of the temps get in there, they pretty much quit either the first day or a day or two in, because it's 30 degrees hotter in there than it is outside and they are being put on lines on their own that veteran employees thought was crazy for one man jobs..

I've heard of more than a few companies doing similar  and it's reminding me of 2008, when jobs were scarce and the companies took advantage of that..

Every day at our plant, it's something new I swear..

I was talking to one of the old owners which I've known since I was working with my father.. The owner was actually the one that asked me to come work for him..

They said, if they knew those guys were going to be like that, they would have never sold it to them..That they actually lied to them saying they wouldn't do certain things..

They were saying, if they could turn back the clock they would..  If ever there was a time I wish I had a time machine..

It's a sad shame..

And all they are doing for protection in the plant is, they put up signs that explain social distancing and washing your hands.. But they don't enforce it ever in there..

People are bunched up sitting next to each other and across from each other at break times, including the supervisors..Only a few of us ever wear masks in there..

The place is so hot inside where the machines are that they literally can't keep the masks on if they wanted to or they would pass out from the heat..

When the Heat index is105 and add 30 degrees to that, working at a real fast pace, picking up parts that are heavy as it gets, over and over and breaking a sweat so bad that you stop sweating if you don't hydrate.. they get to where they need all the air they can get..

I seen one guy one year walking to the drink machine.. He fell out right in front of me as he was walking.. He fell forward and didn't even put out his arms and his face bounced off the ground..

We took him to the cool off room right away until we could get a car at the front to get him to the hospital.. It happens a lot because people get so busy they forget to drink..

To see companies getting cheap on people that bust their butts like that.. It gets personal real quick..Especially when what we have going on in the world today..

It just sucks any loyalty a person would have ever had for the place and turns it into resentment..

Wow this turned out way longer than I intended, but damn, it just kept coming out of me..

• Like 2
  • Sad 8

Changing the tone up a bit... this COVID venting is about Taylor Swift. Unless you are living under a rock, you've probably heard that Tay dropped a full album about a week ago, to everyone's surprise. All I can say is... wow. Even non STANS are effusing over Folklore. 

I think we need to pass a law that says Taylor needs to be in "health lock down" at least once a year, if this is what we get for her COVID self-isolation.

Nice to post something good that is COVID related...

• Like 2

not a vent

i went down the line on a road trip to visit family for the first time since February. Was really good to see them in person

they are into basketball. They play themselves and watch a lot of US NBA basketball. It was pretty interesting see how the partnership between Disney ESPN and the NBA has been able to bring basketball back to the screen for the fans

Disney ESPN made a compound (a bubble) and all the teams players and coaching staff, all the game officials and tournament support staff are living in the bubble compound for the duration of the tournament.  The games are broadcast from there to the world.  There is no live court side audience. But they have court side screens, which people can buy and their faces are projected Zoom-like onto the court side screens from their home side seats.  Which I thought was a pretty interesting cool way to use technology for the fans, virtual live attendance at court side

17 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

Which I thought was a pretty interesting cool way to use technology for the fans, virtual live attendance at court side

totally a vent-- i think a pretty cool way to use technology would be to stop the evitable spread of this field-beast-virus through a program of testing and quarantine. Although inconvenient, after six weeks of containment and the fire would burn itself out and life could simply resume after the trials and so forth for the abdication and obstruction of duty that perpetuated this atrocity long after the alarm had been diligently raised by the WHO.

In my country (located in Europe) the coronavirus pandemic ended recently with just some hundreds of dead.  Now that summer brought tourists something starts to happen again.

People locally do not pay attention, but the government enacts again restrictive measures.  Lots of countries in Europe finished with the pandemic like us some of them with a heavy toll.

Personally I believe I am immune and I pray for my own relatives.  Did not lose anybody up to now.  I wish with all my heart and pray for all humans and countries affected to heal and leave behind this torture, especially the states that suffer so much.  Personally also do not lose hope for all kinds of issues actually causing me trouble.  I want to say I love sl more than a family, more than a native land :)

bouquet.gif

• Like 2

On 8/2/2020 at 2:59 AM, Chroma Starlight said:

This is not freedom. We are not free.

We are definitely not free. We are all in economic slavery. Only those that don't rely on money can be truly free.

• Sad 1

On 7/25/2020 at 2:26 PM, Ceka Cianci said:

One thing that really irritates me to no end is noticing some companies taking advantage of this virus..Mine being one of them..

They put everyone on furlough when it all first began and saying it was because of the virus..Which was bullcrap.. They used it to get rid of 600 employees the easy way through email after we were all furloughed..

Then They cut positions without really removing the positions..

They put techs on the line and gave them a choice..Either work on the line for a pay cut for some,of 3.00 an hour and still take care of the machine you are working on the line at..which is pretty much still doing their other job ,but now working the line as well, or in 60 days, which was cut down to 15 days, you will be terminated if you don't.

they pretty much did the same thing in other positions that they felt they could..

Lets see what else did they do.. Oh yea, they cut our vacation pay down to just a regular day's pay rather than doing it by percentage of time worked, which gave us the opportunity to earn more for each day we had coming for vacation..

They've sped up all the lines and changed them from team lines to one man jobs, which has lost them so many employees that they are now back to using a temp service..

So, soon as most of the temps get in there, they pretty much quit either the first day or a day or two in, because it's 30 degrees hotter in there than it is outside and they are being put on lines on their own that veteran employees thought was crazy for one man jobs..

I've heard of more than a few companies doing similar  and it's reminding me of 2008, when jobs were scarce and the companies took advantage of that..

Every day at our plant, it's something new I swear..

I was talking to one of the old owners which I've known since I was working with my father.. The owner was actually the one that asked me to come work for him..

They said, if they knew those guys were going to be like that, they would have never sold it to them..That they actually lied to them saying they wouldn't do certain things..

They were saying, if they could turn back the clock they would..  If ever there was a time I wish I had a time machine..

It's a sad shame..

And all they are doing for protection in the plant is, they put up signs that explain social distancing and washing your hands.. But they don't enforce it ever in there..

People are bunched up sitting next to each other and across from each other at break times, including the supervisors..Only a few of us ever wear masks in there..

The place is so hot inside where the machines are that they literally can't keep the masks on if they wanted to or they would pass out from the heat..

When the Heat index is105 and add 30 degrees to that, working at a real fast pace, picking up parts that are heavy as it gets, over and over and breaking a sweat so bad that you stop sweating if you don't hydrate.. they get to where they need all the air they can get..

I seen one guy one year walking to the drink machine.. He fell out right in front of me as he was walking.. He fell forward and didn't even put out his arms and his face bounced off the ground..

We took him to the cool off room right away until we could get a car at the front to get him to the hospital.. It happens a lot because people get so busy they forget to drink..

To see companies getting cheap on people that bust their butts like that.. It gets personal real quick..Especially when what we have going on in the world today..

It just sucks any loyalty a person would have ever had for the place and turns it into resentment..

Wow this turned out way longer than I intended, but damn, it just kept coming out of me..

O M Gawd, Ceka...this reminds of my ex-husband's bosses.  I remember one Winter them shutting off the heat crying poor whilst they live in a mansion.  I wanted out of the marriage because of my ex-husband's crazy bosses.  They even told my ex they could get Mexicans to work for 300 hundred dollars a week and did and then the supplies were discovered undelivered because the cost for gasoline to do that job per month was about 500 hundred dollars in gasoline a month, so the supplies were NOT delivered.  And, then they'd lose contracts because of it and start to cry poor, meanwhile my ex is quite friendly with office manager who sees their monthly wine bill of $3,000 thousands dollars a month and her hair dressing bill for her and her three daughters which was a bloomin' fortune.  They were just absolutely nuts.   The workers almost froze to death that one Winter but it was so many more things they did.  Meanwhile also though the office manager was collecting evidence of tax fraud on them which she shared with my ex-husband.  It was only his ability and her ability to wield some power at these crazies by letting them know they had evidence that could have, in my ex-husband's words, buried them by the IRS.  I hope you fair what you are going through better than I did.  I endured it for 15 years.  They were nuts.   I kept telling my ex to call the labor board.  Well, they did a few times but then the bosses would start right up again.   By the time I finally was out of the marriage they had cut every benefit he had to where he even had to pay for his own vacation.  They cried poor about everything.  It was disgusting.  

Edited by FairreLilette

8 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

O M Gawd, Ceka...this reminds of my ex-husband's bosses.  I remember one Winter them shutting off the heat crying poor whilst they live in a mansion.  I wanted out of the marriage because of my ex-husband's crazy bosses.  They even told my ex they could get Mexicans to work for 300 hundred dollars a week and did and then the supplies were discovered undelivered because the cost for gasoline to do that job per month was about 500 hundred dollars in gasoline a month, so the supplies were NOT delivered.  And, then they'd lose contracts because of it and start to cry poor, meanwhile my ex is quite friendly with office manager who sees their monthly wine bill of $3,000 thousands dollars a month and her hair dressing bill for her and her three daughters which was a bloomin' fortune.  They were just absolutely nuts.   The workers almost froze to death that one Winter but it was so many more things they did.  Meanwhile also though the office manager was collecting evidence of tax fraud on them which she shared with my ex-husband.  It was only his ability and her ability to wield some power at these crazies by letting them know they had evidence that could have, in my ex-husband's words, buried them by the IRS.  I hope you fair what you are going through better than I did.  I endured it for 15 years.  They were nuts.   I kept telling my ex to call the labor board.  Well, they did a few times but then the bosses would start right up again.   By the time I finally was out of the marriage they had cut every benefit he had to where he even had to pay for his own vacation.  They cried poor about everything.  It was disgusting.  

The company isn't poor or anything like that.. In fact the old owners had in the contract to not do certain things to the employees, also don't take away certain things..

The virus gave them the right to do what they want now.. it probably has something to do with god like actions or something, to where they can loophole their way to what they were wanting to do the whole time..

We had a meeting last week and I guess in a couple years maybe three, they are wanting to get it to where the guys on the line won't have to do as much work..

Robots will be doing most of it..the guys on the line will just be inspecting the parts putting them on the skids and keeping the machines running..

But for now it's the growing pains part of it all..

I still don't trust them for a shake..

But if it gets better for those on the line then it will be a good thing.. it's just really wearing them out with these temperatures in the summer..

Winter, they can throw something on..summer it's like being over dressed the whole time because of just the protection wear..

it's molten aluminum, and the parts while they are cooling can easily be 900 degrees just on the line cooling down.. When you touch that with bare skin, you can feel that burn go right to your heart.. it's instant scar..

Edited by Ceka Cianci

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

The company isn't poor or anything like that.. 

My ex's bosses weren't poor either "crying poor" is lying about being poor when they were not.  My ex was with them while they were climbing the ladder up, getting contract after contract after contract BUT with more contracts, they did NOT increase the work force, just kept piling more and more work on the ones they had with NO increase in pay whatsoever, not a dime.  

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

But if it gets better for those on the line then it will be a good thing.. it's just really wearing them out with these temperatures in the summer..

Winter, they can throw something on..summer it's like being over dressed the whole time because of just the protection wear..

it's molten aluminum, and the parts while they are cooling can easily be 900 degrees just on the line cooling down.. When you touch that with bare skin, you can feel that burn go right to your heart.. it's instant scar..

My ex is a California dude so we'd go to visit the snow and he'd be without appropriate gear for the snow while I had gloves, snow boots, the whole bit.  But, one day we are out shopping and my ex buys gloves for the cold which was a surprise and then he told me about the no heat at work.  The no heat is not as bad as what you are describing but hypothermia is very real.  I suffer from frostbite very, very easily and it is painful, that frostbite.  It can get down into the 20's in So. Cal in the Winter and then how that cold building sat freezing overnight.  My ex said he couldn't hardly move his hands to do the job when there was no heat.  

But, what you are describing is heat stroke and it sounds very dangerous.  It's not right the things people do to others.  

Sorry, I jumped on your post like that, you brought back some memories I had buried.  But, yeah, they climbed the ladder alright:  guess where the money went?  It seemed to go right into them getting a mansion.  It was like spend the money on us as quickly as possible and who cares if we lose the contracts, we got the mansion.  They got the mansion by abusing others.  

There is just so much more...how they kept piling more and more work on the workers and not increasing pay.  I could say it was a type of insanity they had.  Plus, they believed Mexicans would do the work for 300 hundred dollars a week.  The supplies never were delivered because, like I said, gas alone was about 500 dollars a month and the drivers had to pay for the gas out of their salary.  The drivers were not reimbursed any gas money.

Well, my ex and the office manager just may bury them one day by telling the IRS of their tax evasion.  

Edited by FairreLilette

I read yesterday President Trump may sign an executive order to get money out to the people as Congress is taking too long to decide and the unemployment from the CARES Act has expired and evictions for many, many people loom with the unemployment now gone, so Trump tweeted yesterday he may sign an executive order so the people are NOT evicted.  

I am pretty furious at our Congress right now for taking so long and letting this expire because schools are not re-open and some people cannot even go back to work.   I've seen teachers with signs that say "we cannot teach from the grave".  Putting too many people together in groups is not safe and teachers should not be forced this way.  

Teacher's are trained in safety measures.  They should listen to the teachers here.

Edited by FairreLilette

The thing that I don't understand is, sending kids only part time.. like  yea, the virus only works from wed to Friday,so the kids can go to school Mon and Tues..

Then I hear things like, well not everyone has the internet and can school from home..

I'm like,what the heck were home schoolers doing before when there was dial up and most people not having the internet?

Sometimes ya gotta get old school when times get rough..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

The thing that I don't understand is, sending kids only part time.. like  yea, the virus only works from wed to Friday,so the kids can go to school Mon and Tues..

Then I hear things like, well not everyone has the internet and can school from home..

I'm like,what the heck were home schoolers doing before when there was dial up and most people not having the internet?

Sometimes ya gotta get old school when times get rough..

School officially broke up here about 10 days ago (ie what should have been the start of the summer holidays)  My 14 year old still had some outstanding lessons left on google classroom and was determined to finish every single one.  I said he didn't have to, his teacher said he didn't have to but he was determined to do it and finished them this morning. I feel very proud of him right now.  Got a month here before they are due to go back.  I am so very conflicted on that.  I have enjoyed teaching him stuff but he is missing the contact with his friends so much.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

School officially broke up here about 10 days ago (ie what should have been the start of the summer holidays)  My 14 year old still had some outstanding lessons left on google classroom and was determined to finish every single one.  I said he didn't have to, his teacher said he didn't have to but he was determined to do it and finished them this morning. I feel very proud of him right now.  Got a month here before they are due to go back.  I am so very conflicted on that.  I have enjoyed teaching him stuff but he is missing the contact with his friends so much.  

I'd like them to be going back as well.. But I'll probably end up keeping them home.. If they give me a hard time about it, I'll home school them myself if i have to..

I just don't have enough faith in the system or the politicians either..  Until there is some sort of anti retro viral or anti viral or a vaccine, I'm just gonna have to not leave it up to them and go with what Me and my husband thinks is best for them..

I know I won't go a minute without worrying myself to death if I let them go before I feel it's safe..

I know not everyone can do that and I understand and feel for them.. I really do..

I just have such lack of faith in government and the way everything is being handled right now with this virus..plus just seeing people so lazy about staying safe when out in public..

At my work, you wouldn't know a virus was going on..everyone is going about it like it was before it happened..

My kids would be going to school with their kids..So I have to really look at not just the school but what I'm seeing around town and all that..

I just don't think a lot of people think it's a big deal..that's what has me really leery..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FairreLilette said:

I read yesterday President Trump may sign an executive order to get money out to the people as Congress is taking too long to decide and the unemployment from the CARES Act has expired and evictions for many, many people loom with the unemployment now gone, so Trump tweeted yesterday he may sign an executive order so the people are NOT evicted.  

I am pretty furious at our Congress right now for taking so long and letting this expire because schools are not re-open and some people cannot even go back to work.   I've seen teachers with signs that say "we cannot teach from the grave".  Putting too many people together in groups is not safe and teachers should not be forced this way.  

Teacher's are trained in safety measures.  They should listen to the teachers here.

This is why we need an age limit for people in office..

When they get to old and rich and powerful enough that they forget who they work for.. It's time to clean house and put in the young bloods that arn't so old and uncarring about the people that put them there in the first place..

All this stupid piddle patting around and arguing when people are going homeless and jobless..

Just irritates me to no end..

This is why you can't trust a one of them bastages..

Edited to add:

That was more frustrated rant than trying to really make any logical sense.. I just really hate seeing them even thinking about going on another break in the same freaking virus pandemic..

What is this like the third break they've had since it's started?

If this is a once in a century thing like they are saying ,then do the once in a century thing that needs to be done, which is their jobs!

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1202 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.