Do you need to vent about things COVID-19?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1154 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 hours ago, Chroma Starlight said:

You do understand there can be no economy until the pandemic is being tested for and contained effectively and sufficiently, don't you? You do understand there would be no need for emergency payments to millions of unemployed people if the pandemic had been tested for and contained, don't you? You do understand this is not freedom, you are not free, and you are being deprived of your Universal Human Rights, don't you? You do understand all this is an intolerable affront in a liberal democratic system, don't you?

You do understand your post is an affront to people who are trying to create a solution?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tarina Sewell said:

You do understand your post is an affront to people who are trying to create a solution?

no matter how you died it will be coronavirus on the death certificate by law 

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/florida-man-20s-who-died-motorcycle-wreck-labeled-covid-19-death-state

https://www.zerohedge.com/technology/man-20s-who-died-motorcycle-accident-finally-removed-floridas-covid-19-death-list

if you refused to get tested for coronavirus you will be declared infected with cornvirus by law until you can somehow prove your innocents good luck on that one

https://www.infowars.com/people-who-never-took-test-being-told-theyre-covid-positive/

the left wing governments stance on lock downs and masks obey

https://www.infowars.com/bizarre-obey-message-appears-in-kentucky-sky-following-mask-mandate/

do keep in mind i do not write the new the rules or laws take them up with your city officials and local officials and city governments

https://www.infowars.com/florida-reportedly-counts-person-who-died-of-gunshot-wound-of-head-as-covid-19-death/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, iceing Braveheart said:

Nope. Wrong.

There are plenty of political incentives not to label COVID deaths as COVID -- especially when it looks bad for the reporting jurisdiction. A very recent example is the case of a Canadian held pending deportation who contracted COVID while in ICE custody and later died. Not surprisingly, ICE is eager to find some way to deny it was COVID that killed him, although it almost surely was.

But the vast majority of COVID undercount is simply due to the way this virus kills: Many older cardiac deaths are actually due to COVID now, but they're never tested. We may kinda want to know just how deadly the virus is, but any test spent on a cadaver is a test delayed for a living person who really needs to know the results, and unlike most of the world, many US test centers still have multiple-day backlogs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Tarina Sewell said:

Really.

So... the doctors, nurses, public health experts, epidemiologists, teachers, therapists, gerontologists, pediatric practitioners, surgeons, oncologists, hospitals, and the World Health Organization all feel unequivocally that a deplorably-exploitative unregulated life- and civilization-destroying deranged capitalistic system's predilections are more important to them individually and collectively than their sworn calling to uphold the Hippocratic Oath, heal, and do no harm.

Can you find us some of examples of evidence to credibly support your core thesis here? I find it to be incredible.

5ea2ac25d553f83e5a0394b4?width=1100&form

Edited by Chroma Starlight
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Chroma Starlight said:

Really.

So... the doctors, nurses, public health experts, epidemiologists, teachers, therapists, gerontologists, pediatric practitioners, surgeons, oncologists, hospitals, and the World Health Organization all feel unequivocally that a deplorably-exploitative unregulated life- and civilization-destroying deranged capitalistic system's predilections are more important to them individually and collectively than their sworn calling to uphold the Hippocratic Oath, heal, and do no harm.

Can you find us some of examples of evidence to credibly support your core thesis here? I find it to be incredible.

5ea2ac25d553f83e5a0394b4?width=1100&form

That's Hart's Island..

That's where they bury unclaimed or unidentifiable dead bodies.. Those guys in the white Tyvek suits are prisoners.. actually they all look like prisoners other than the one guard walking away..

They've been burying people there since after the civil war..

It's creepy place.:ph34r:

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

"An intriguing new study from Germany offers a glimpse into how SARS-CoV-2 affects the heart. Researchers studied 100 individuals, with a median age of just 49, who had recovered from Covid-19. Most were asymptomatic or had mild symptoms.

An average of two months after they received the diagnosis, the researchers performed M.R.I. scans of their hearts and made some alarming discoveries: Nearly 80 percent had persistent abnormalities and 60 percent had evidence of myocarditis. The degree of myocarditis was not explained by the severity of the initial illness." https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/17/opinion/covid-19-heart-disease.html

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chroma Starlight said:

"An intriguing new study from Germany offers a glimpse into how SARS-CoV-2 affects the heart. Researchers studied 100 individuals, with a median age of just 49, who had recovered from Covid-19. Most were asymptomatic or had mild symptoms.

An average of two months after they received the diagnosis, the researchers performed M.R.I. scans of their hearts and made some alarming discoveries: Nearly 80 percent had persistent abnormalities and 60 percent had evidence of myocarditis. The degree of myocarditis was not explained by the severity of the initial illness." https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/17/opinion/covid-19-heart-disease.html

This is very alarming, and I wish I could see into the future as to how all this will play out for humankind.  I've been attempting to be so careful, not going anywhere, as I have an auto-immune condition. But I really need to visit an eye doctor, and a dentist. Eventually my furnace will need to be serviced so as not to be a fire hazard.  I wonder about the vaccines being developed..

Just now, Luna Bliss said:

This is very alarming, and I wish I could see into the future as to how all this will play out for humankind.  I've been attempting to be so careful, not going anywhere, as I have an auto-immune condition. But I really need to visit an eye doctor, and a dentist. Eventually my furnace will need to be serviced so as not to be a fire hazard.  I wonder about the vaccines being developed..

Someone I care about very deeply has a serious congenital heart condition. Actually, two people now that I take inventory.

• Sad 1

I'll leave this here, as it's a really interesting and mostly convincing (to me) analysis of one of the more important spin-offs of the pandemic.

I'll also say from the outset that I regret the tone that this piece sometimes takes, which is almost guaranteed to immediately turn off anyone who is inclined to dismiss arguments as "partisan" merely because they display a particular political bent. It is also worth noting, in that regard, that the writer is not a "Democrat": he's a Canadian, and, although he has a very clear political agenda, he's not shilling for one party or the other, per se. Note also that he regrets what he describes as the loss of American "leadership" on the world stage.

Anyway, it's a good read, and makes some really interesting points. I wish he'd expressed them in ways less likely to immediately put some people's backs up.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/political-commentary/covid-19-end-of-american-era-wade-davis-1038206/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/8/2020 at 3:16 AM, iceing Braveheart said:

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/florida-man-20s-who-died-motorcycle-wreck-labeled-covid-19-death-state

https://www.zerohedge.com/technology/man-20s-who-died-motorcycle-accident-finally-removed-floridas-covid-19-death-list

if you refused to get tested for coronavirus you will be declared infected with cornvirus by law until you can somehow prove your innocents good luck on that one

https://www.infowars.com/people-who-never-took-test-being-told-theyre-covid-positive/

the left wing governments stance on lock downs and masks obey

https://www.infowars.com/bizarre-obey-message-appears-in-kentucky-sky-following-mask-mandate/

do keep in mind i do not write the new the rules or laws take them up with your city officials and local officials and city governments

https://www.infowars.com/florida-reportedly-counts-person-who-died-of-gunshot-wound-of-head-as-covid-19-death/

Anti-vaxxers and infowars as your sources?  HAHAHAHAHAHA

*takes a breather*

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

NO.

• Like 6

I became my own pet peeve for awhile during this pandemic. January I found out I was passing another kidney stone with two very horrific trips to the ER from February to May. The news of the pandemic put me in an even darker place than the almost five months it took for the stone to pass. I've healed for the most part physically, but I'm still slowly working on the effect things have had on my emotional and mental state. I wish I could say I'm a strong person who easily moves past things, but I refuse to pretend to be what I'm not.

I am so incredibly anxious and shy around others to begin with even is SL, but during this pandemic I started having anxiety attacks every time I logged into my old LyricalBookworm account. I tried eliminating everything that could cause the attacks including not signing in for months by making Dafadilia. Nothing had worked. I was so upset at myself for this, but we are all dealing with the pandemic in different ways. 

I finally with the encouragement of my hubby and sisters made a fresh beginning with Daffy here. It's been a very positive decision since new beginnings are needed at times. So I'm slowly getting better. I just wish the world could say the same thing with this pandemic. Anyway, thank you for letting me rant a bit. ❤️

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Storm Clarence said:

QUARANTINE is when you restrict the movement of SICK people.

TYRANNY is when you restrict the movement of HEALTHY people.

You have that wrong.

Quarantine is when you restrict the movement of sick people, true. The difference is that is now impossible in modern society.

In the past there were specific quarantine facilities usually located at ports etc. Using New York as an example it was Ellis Island. The trouble is these quarantine centres don't exist anymore as the world over the past 100 years of no pandemic closed them thinking it would never happen again. This has then resulted in the need for governments to rely on individual people to quarantine in their own homes whilst sick as hospitals don't have the space for such methods. Other countries have forcibly taken over hotels to act as these quarantine centres, with even those not being capable of containing it due to stupid people.

Further add to that, the fact that despite assurances these people with Covid will self quarantine they simply don't and go about their daily lives spreading it further with not the care in the world of others.

Then to compound it further, this virus has the rare aspect that many can be asymptomatic. It would be impossible to use the old quarantine restriction methods of only sick people if people don't present the symptoms for officials to quarantine them. Hence the government through the uniqueness as well as the ineptitude of certain individuals refusing to act properly and self quarantine has resulted in restricting movement of all persons.

Want to blame someone? Blame ordinary citizens and past governments (for closing facilities) not current governments for only doing what they can in the current situation.

Interesting tid-bit is that borders were closed between states during the Spanish Flu pandemic in the 1920's, people also wore masks, social distanced etc. The difference between then and now, people accepted it for the common good of everyone else and followed it and it stopped it. Now we just have people complaining. The same way they are complaining that a future vaccine for covid (and other diseases and virus') will give you the mark of the beast or harm you in some way.

Makes you wonder what the world would be like today if you had these, quite frankly, 'stupid' aniti-vax's refusing in the past to take the vaccine for small pox, polio, TB, German measles, rubella, diphtheria, cholera, hepatitis, malaria, rabies, Hib, whopping cough. The list goes on and on how vaccines and people cooperating with social distancing either wiped these off the face of the planet or restricted them to a non issue.

The only time someone should refuse a vaccine is if they are allergic to it. Even if this is the case and those people dont have the vaccine, because people around them have it protects not only those that have been vaccinated but also those that cant.

So no, it isn't Tyranny at all and if you think it is perhaps you should go to your local dictatorship country and see what true tyranny is.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Drayke Newall said:

You have that wrong.

Quarantine is when you restrict the movement of sick people, true. The difference is that is now impossible in modern society.

So no, it isn't Tyranny at all and if you think it is perhaps you should go to your local dictatorship country and see what true tyranny is.

Living in NYC is TYRANNY!

Only protesters, rioters, and murderers are free of quarantine - in the name of social justice. (Quarantine is a social issue, I'm sure you agree).

Gov. Cuomo attempted the quarantine of the somewhat healthy elderly.  How did that work out for the CITIZENS of this city?  Over 50K dead!

Go to my local dictatorship country?  FFS I'm living with this asshat! 

• Confused 1

59 minutes ago, Storm Clarence said:

Only protesters, rioters, and murderers are free of quarantine - in the name of social justice. (Quarantine is a social issue, I'm sure you agree).

Which proves my point exactly in that they don't care about others or their well being just their own. Quarantining is a necessity in most cases at the moment. The issue in NYC is that your stupid governor/mayor refuses to let the city get back to normal when you now have one of the lowest infection rates in the country.

Most if not all countries that went into lockdown and have low transmission are all open at the moment with the caveat of maintaining social distancing and self quarantining if you have symptoms or have been in contact with someone that has along with keeping borders shut. You just need to get your population to stop voting for people that should never be in office.

Gov. Cuomo attempted the quarantine of the somewhat healthy elderly.  How did that work out for the CITIZENS of this city?  Over 50K dead!

Go to my local dictatorship country?  FFS I'm living with this asshat! 

The problem was that he acted to late and consequently it had already spread everywhere. So once again quarantining isn't a tyranny, seems just your pathetic excuse of a governor or mayor is.

Look at Australia, borders are closed but life goes on perfectly fine after a 1 month lockdown. That is other than Victoria which was put into a huge outbreak again recently because of the type of (stupid self absorbed) people I was talking about where security guards of a quarantine hotel for returning infected persons from overseas, decided they would stick the finger to the rest of the country and had sex with the infected then go into public infecting others. Same with EU Countries, Asian Countries, Pacific Countries, all relatively back to normal and handling it well and if there is an outbreak it is controlled fairly quickly and isolated. Western world wise USA stands out as the exception.

If people in the USA listened from the get go to the government orders of maintaining social distancing and staying in house for x period of time it would all be over and life back to some normalcy. Instead your population decided protesting, rioting etc about lockdowns being unconstitutional or going to beaches etc for spring break was of higher priority than keeping your neighbour safe by staying in doors for a short period. Hell, even when the Federal government issued a staged process of requirements to meet before lifting lockdowns the advice which, was from top medical fields, was ignored by 90% of the states and they just lifted lockdowns whilst community transmission was still high. This has meant a ever increasing infection and death rate there which is only now seeing a down tick with still 1000 deaths per day.

If citizens aren't willing to follow simple temporary orders which then leads to consequences such as death, then I believe the government has the right to treat them as the children they are acting like and instigate temporary measures to ensure those consequences are mitigated. It is what you vote them in to do, protect your way of life even if that does mean some form of temporary limitation of a few liberties for a while.

Edited by Drayke Newall
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Drayke Newall said:

Which proves my point exactly in that they don't care about others or their well being just their own. Quarantining is a necessity in most cases at the moment. The issue in NYC is that your stupid governor/mayor refuses to let the city get back to normal when you now have one of the lowest infection rates in the country.

The problem was that he acted to late and consequently it had already spread everywhere. So once again quarantining isn't a tyranny, seems just your pathetic excuse of a governor or mayor is.

The problem was he acted too late and consequently over 50K dead! 

The rest of what you wrote agreeing with me but not agreeing with me.  Using the same words I wrote but only understanding what you wrote. Seriously?

I am not an anti-vaxxer, but ANY vaccine the government (and Bill Gates and corporate America) mandates I take because it is good for the whole is a vaccine I will avoid like the plague itself.   The same government and corporate (pharma) who classifies weed as a class A felony (just like opium, LSD, barbituate inter alia): imprisoned thousands for smoking.  Get real.  Everyone must vaccinate except allergic people, rioters, looters, SJW's, and murderers. 

2 hours ago, Drayke Newall said:

Makes you wonder what the world would be like today if you had these, quite frankly, 'stupid' aniti-vax's refusing in the past to take the vaccine for small pox, polio, TB, German measles, rubella, diphtheria, cholera, hepatitis, malaria, rabies, Hib, whopping cough. The list goes on and on how vaccines and people cooperating with social distancing either wiped these off the face of the planet or restricted them to a non issue.

None have been wiped off the face of the earth. They still exist. They will always be an issue. The best we can work towards is minimizing the spread. Containment. That is the real purpose of vaccines in addition to quarantining and social distancing. Vaccines alone aren't always enough.

There is no vaccine to prevent Hepatitis and they've only developed a "cure" in recent years. Not soon enough to save my brother who died only 6 years ago from the liver damage it caused.

Other than those two things, I agree with your post. It isn't tyranny to make people do what they know they should to protect themselves and those around them. That is not a cruel and oppressive government or rule/law/regulation. 

2 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

None have been wiped off the face of the earth. They still exist. They will always be an issue. The best we can work towards is minimizing the spread. Containment. That is the real purpose of vaccines in addition to quarantining and social distancing. Vaccines alone aren't always enough.

Agreed.  However, we have ONE and only ONE virus we have eliminated:  Smallpox

The  others are still with us.  Including the flu and the common cold. 

I'm traveling, for the first time since this crap started.  Have to fly out to my stepson's wedding.  A large event now reduced to just the wedding party and parents due to the 'number' restrictions.  Given that I know nobody except the bride & groom (and my husband's ex), a larger event would have been easier for me to deal with, socially.  Wander around, only engaging in very minor chit chat with folks, never spending more than a few minutes with anyone, but having enough people around that nobody would really notice that I'm not socializing much. Now I'll be at a rehearsal dinner & wedding reception with my husband, his ex, the bride & groom, and 6 of their friends, whom I don't know and are all their age.

I'm definitely not looking forward to the travel part of the ordeal either, given how long that means I'll have to have a mask on.  Nor am I wild about the fact that CA has gone back to 'no indoor dining at all' resulting in only places with outdoor seating being opened for location dining rather than delivery/take-out. Our hotel actually recommended reservations for all meals, including breakfast - breakfast being my preferred "when I finally crawl out of bed and feel like it" meal, especially when traveling.  Thankfully, we'll be in the Lake Tahoe area, close to the Nevada line, giving us a few more options on dining and drinking, when not at wedding events.

Ultimately, I expect what should be a joyous trip will instead be a small amount of joy surrounded by immense misery.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
grammar

Smallpox has existed for at least 3,000 years and was one of the world’s most feared diseases until it was eradicated by a collaborative global vaccination programme led by the World Health Organization. The last known natural case was in Somalia in 1977. Since then, the only known cases were caused by a laboratory accident in 1978 in Birmingham, England, which killed one person and caused a limited outbreak. Smallpox was officially declared eradicated in 1979.

https://www.who.int/csr/disease/smallpox/faq/en/#:~:text=Smallpox was fatal in up,was in Somalia in 1977.

The need for WHO to maintain an emergency reserve of smallpox vaccine following eradication was recognized in 1980 when WHO was given a set of formal responsibilities for maintaining capacity and expertise to respond to a re-emergence of smallpox in the post-eradication era as both a component of a preparedness strategy and a possible deterrent to intentional release. The Smallpox Vaccine Emergency Stockpile (SVES) was originally created by consolidating WHO Member State donations given in support of the Intensified Smallpox Eradication Programme.

https://www.who.int/csr/disease/smallpox/vaccines/en/

It may have been officially declared eradicated in 1979 but smallpox still exists and vaccines are still needed. The only thing that was eradicated was the spread of smallpox, not the virus itself.  

Eradication is the reduction of an infectious disease's prevalence in the global host population to zero. It has not been eliminated, which describes either the reduction of an infectious disease's prevalence in a regional population to zero, or the reduction of the global prevalence to a negligible amount.

Well COVID still exists here but we had a kind of normal summer (if you could say that), going to the beach, work, etc due to low deaths/active cases. Those who nowadays have Covid are quarantined in their houses and if they decide to break quarantine they get a fine of 5000euros (~6000USD). Of course foreign tourism is non existent.

Waiting in a lock down at home for a vaccine is not a way to deal with it because we are talking about reality and not movies, so nobody actually knows if or when a vaccine will be available regardless what politicians of any country or political party might say. They are politicians..

Fact is there are 167 vaccines worldwide being tested at the moment according to WHO and only a few at the final stage but who knows, maybe none will pass the tests or the virus mutates in unpredictable ways. Life goes on.

sKmNiVC.png

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1154 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.