Make Us Laugh!

1 hour ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

You've reminded me of a family trip to NYC in 1983. We ate at two different delis over the course of that week and in both of them there were jars of pickles on the tables for people to gnosh. At both places there were half eaten pickles in the jars.

So began my realization that customers are not necessarily only the end link in the supply chain.

Some parents are too quick to exclaim "Put that thing back where it came from!" when they see their children putting something green resembling a frog in their mouths.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

You've reminded me of a family trip to NYC in 1983. We ate at two different delis over the course of that week and in both of them there were jars of pickles on the tables for people to gnosh. At both places there were half eaten pickles in the jars.

So began my realization that customers are not necessarily only the end link in the supply chain.

Many years ago, we went to a BBQ place one night and they would leave BBQ sauce and ketchup bottles on the table. This family came in and began using the one of the bottles. After pouring globs of BBQ sauce on their food and making a total mess,  one of them then proceeded to lick the BBQ sauce off the bottle that had dripped down the side of it.  Barf! I was aghast. We never went back to that place and to this day, I will NEVER use any bottles that are left on tables ever again. lol 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Bridget Leavitt said:

Many years ago, we went to a BBQ place one night and they would leave BBQ sauce and ketchup bottles on the table. This family came in and began using the one of the bottles. After pouring globs of BBQ sauce on their food and making a total mess,  one of them then proceeded to lick the BBQ sauce off the bottle that had dripped down the side of it.  Barf! I was aghast. We never went back to that place and to this day, I will NEVER use any bottles that are left on tables ever again. lol 

I can't eat at Golden Corral after seeing people's children put their hands into the chocolate fountain, grab handfuls, lick it off, and then reach for more. I've been a kid, I know what's on those hands.

Never mind people who put sushi back after touching it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

I can't eat at Golden Corral after seeing people's children put their hands into the chocolate fountain, grab handfuls, lick it off, and then reach for more. I've been a kid, I know what's on those hands.

Never mind people who put sushi back after touching it.

Ewww! Yes, I won't go to family style buffets either. I'm not a germaphobe or anything, but there are just some things that you know goes on when people are allowed access to touch all the food. We also have a sushi place near us that does what I call "conveyor belt sushi" where the food travels along on a moving track down the long community table that you pick the items off from as you like or put them back if you change your mind. Just NO. lol

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Bridget Leavitt said:

Ewww! Yes, I won't go to family style buffets either. I'm not a germaphobe or anything, but there are just some things that you know goes on when people are allowed access to touch all the food. We also have a sushi place near us that does what I call "conveyor belt sushi" where the food travels along on a moving track down the long community table that you pick the items off from as you like or put them back if you change your mind. Just NO. lol

My only exception marks me as a total weirdo but I don't care. I like, I mean, really really like, Chinese buffet food that's sat out on the steam table until it dries out.

There is no frog leg in the world like a fried-out, dried-out frog leg with the shrivelled jalapeno slice embedded into it under the heat lamp. Chicken on a stick? Chicken jerky on a stick is far superior. And nothing crunches like tempura-battered, dried-out butter shrimp.

It's not like anybody touches it when it's all dried out, either.

EDIT: and Dyna, if you aren't laughing at me, you're doing it wrong. My mere presence here should be making everyone laugh.

Seriosuly.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Bridget Leavitt said:

You'd definitely want to be upstream on that river.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

My only exception marks me as a total weirdo but I don't care. I like, I mean, really really like, Chinese buffet food that's sat out on the steam table until it dries out.

There is no frog leg in the world like a fried-out, dried-out frog leg with the shrivelled jalapeno slice embedded into it under the heat lamp. Chicken on a stick? Chicken jerky on a stick is far superior. And nothing crunches like tempura-battered, dried-out butter shrimp.

It's not like anybody touches it when it's all dried out, either.

EDIT: and Dyna, if you aren't laughing at me, you're doing it wrong. My mere presence here should be making everyone laugh.

Seriosuly.

Humor is often subjective.

25 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

For nostalgia purposes, I've been going back to the beginning of this thread to read the old posts. 

Lately 2020 COVID jokes seem less stress-inducing than arguing about pickles. 

Is joke, right? Arguing is joke, stress-inducing pickles is joke.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

*bows*

Thank you, thank you.

Pleased to be of service.

EDIT: Just for the record, and for anyone who can't tell silly from reality, I would never consider another person to be of inferior quality just because I might not agree with how they feel about things, or their opinions on things, and I absolutely loathe arguments of any kind (I prefer group problem solving over debate any day). Nobody should ever take anything I say personally, or think I'm hating on anyone, because it's not about the person for me, even when I feel strongly on a subject. I can utterly despise a behavior or a point of view and not hate the person to whom it belongs. Get mad sometimes, sure, I do that. Hate anyone for it? Never. ^-^ Even when I mean it, I'd still rather we all laugh about the chaotic mess that is existence than fight or be sad about it.

/disclaimer

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, PheebyKatz said:

...I absolutely loathe arguments of any kind...

Liar!

It seems that you, like me, love arguments that are absurd, through which you can make your "opponent" smile. The best is when you find someone who's self conscious and insecure and you get them to the point where they come after you, grinning.

• Like 2