Make Us Laugh!

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Whatever I choose to pickle in the privacy of my own home is nobody's business, unless it is other people's pets or small children.

Larger children or adults should be fine.

I may not want to eat your pickles, but I will defend to the death your right to pickle whatever you want (within reason).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

What about the home pickle-makers? Do you want to put a strangle-hold on those who through their own initiative and hard work are trying to make a living and follow the American Dream of getting ahead by making better pickles without all this government regulation? Also, if people want to buy pickles from their neighborhood pickle-maker, who are you to interfere in their right to do so? Go buy your communist pickles if you want, but some people want their pickles to be Free and Proud American pickles!

Look, I know home production is an established cultural tradition, but you have to look at the bigger picture. Sorry I can't keep out of this discussion, but you obviously don't get that there's a difference between home-produced for home consumption and the kind of stuff that happens when Joe Blow over in the trailer park starts cranking out a shipload of corrosive, battery-acid ERSTWHILE pickles masquerading as the genuine article, and flooding the market with them.

Not everyone has the convenience of home canning, and that's why there's a pickle industry in the FIRST PLACE. I guarantee you, there's not enough cucumbers growing in all of New York to supply even one-fifth of the delicatessens on ONE street, let alone the entire city! What happens when Joe Blow's low-grade knockoffs inevitably end up in the supply chain, which you KNOW will happen when some shyster with the unions decides to pocket a bunch of money and make a deal with someone to slip the 2-cent things past the inspectors?

I'm sorry, but even though I'm sure we agree on some things, you're simply an awful person if you don't completely follow what I'm saying, and side with me uncritically. I'd hate to see you forsake your humanity over simple blindness to the truth.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

Look, I know home production is an established cultural tradition, but you have to look at the bigger picture. Sorry I can't keep out of this discussion, but you obviously don't get that there's a difference between home-produced for home consumption and the kind of stuff that happens when Joe Blow over in the trailer park starts cranking out a shipload of corrosive, battery-acid ERSTWHILE pickles masquerading as the genuine article, and flooding the market with them.

Not everyone has the convenience of home canning, and that's why there's a pickle industry in the FIRST PLACE. I guarantee you, there's not enough cucumbers growing in all of New York to supply even one-fifth of the delicatessens on ONE street, let alone the entire city! What happens when Joe Blow's low-grade knockoffs inevitably end up in the supply chain, which you KNOW will happen when some shyster with the unions decides to pocket a bunch of money and make a deal with someone to slip the 2-cent things past the inspectors?

I'm sorry, but even though I'm sure we agree on some things, you're simply an awful person if you don't completely follow what I'm saying, and side with me uncritically. I'd hate to see you forsake your humanity over simple blindness to the truth.

You almost had me until you had to "go there" with an Ad Homonym attack on me by calling me an awful person. Now I'm gonna just have to report this post. 😠 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

You almost had me until you had to "go there" with an Ad Homonym attack on me by calling me an awful person. Now I'm gonna just have to report this post. 😠 

I haven't attacked anyone for their chosen protons or sectual preferences, I have no idea what you're talking about. I not only deny these allegations, I deny the alligator!

All of the Landon Lib staff are my personal friends from elementary school, so be careful, you have no idea what I'm talking about, and neither do I!

And your slippery semantics won't save you when [REDACTED] and we all [REDACTED].

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

What's wrong with you? Pickles are awful! Why would you want to eat those things, let alone make more of them?

Pickles should be banned! If you can't see that, you're either an idiot or some kind of Communist kid-pickler!

STFU!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

This thread is in a pickle.

I'm going to have to call upon the mods to disclose this thread if I can't even say how I feel without everyone trying to shut me down over it. If I can't call people to action on one simple, obviously necessary thing that affects the entire world, without everyone chiming in and trying to derail it with totally unrelated things, then we might as well be living in the dark ages.

I remember when internet forums were places where anyone could freely speak their mind and everyone would simply agree with them, and anyone who didn't, well, they had to go to the forum for people who disagreed with all of the other people on the other ones.

I blame the media.

I don't know what else to say, the sugar is wearing off.

Oh well. Carry on, then~!

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

I'm going to have to call upon the mods to disclose this thread if I can't even say how I feel without everyone trying to shut me down over it. If I can't call people to action on one simple, obviously necessary thing that affects the entire world, without everyone chiming in and trying to derail it with totally unrelated things, then we might as well be living in the dark ages.

I remember when internet forums were places where anyone could freely speak their mind and everyone would simply agree with them, and anyone who didn't, well, they had to go to the forum for people who disagreed with all of the other people on the other ones.

Carry on, then~!

OmG! Do you use sugar to make your pickles? That's disgusting.  🥒 🤢

Go ahead and flounce off with your sweet pickles, Yuck!

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Haha 2

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH SWEET PICKLES!!!

That's it, you're all REPORTED!

ENJOY YOUR BANS, you... you STINKY SOUR PICKLE PEOPLE!

Now I need a cigarette, that was really good.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

I blame the media.

Oh well. Carry on, then~!

Btw, the forum where people go when everyone else disagrees with them is called 4chan.

27 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

I have special weights you put in Mason jars for pickling. Doesn't mean I use them..

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I should probably read this thread but I don't want to have a seizure.

I can see there is some conflict over pickles though, from a cursory glance, and that may be enough to head to another thread.

Peeve: When you have a seizure, but people just think you're a really good/bad dancer.

• Haha 4

34 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

I guarantee you, there's not enough cucumbers growing in all of New York to supply even one-fifth of the delicatessens on ONE street, let alone the entire city! What happens when Joe Blow's low-grade knockoffs inevitably end up in the supply chain, which you KNOW will happen when some shyster with the unions decides to pocket a bunch of money and make a deal with someone to slip the 2-cent things past the inspectors?

You've reminded me of a family trip to NYC in 1983. We ate at two different delis over the course of that week and in both of them there were jars of pickles on the tables for people to gnosh. At both places there were half eaten pickles in the jars.

So began my realization that customers are not necessarily only the end link in the supply chain.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

You've reminded me of a family trip to NYC in 1983. We ate at two different delis over the course of that week and in both of them there were jars of pickles on the tables for people to gnosh. At both places there were half eaten pickles in the jars.

So began my realization that customers are not necessarily only the end link in the supply chain.

It's like "take a penny / leave a penny".

• Sad 1