Dear Ebbe...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1498 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was pleased to see the announcement from @Ebbe Linden, Second Life's CEO.  https://community.secondlife.com/blogs/entry/3867-a-message-from-our-ceo-coronavirus-and-second-life-operations/

But...but...that picture! 

1410599475_AMessagefromourCEO.png.d749cf

That's not a CEO.  That's a toned down Fonzie!  I would expect the CEO of the mighty Linden Lab to look like...

dieter-zetsche-daimler-800x478.jpg?retina&f=1&nofb=1   Or...   103078446-20151014-3269-1738.1910x1000.jpg?v=1444852761&f=1&nofb=1   Or even...   maxresdefault.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

So...this thread is an invitation to the Residents of Second Life to help Ebbe with a Makeover!

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Haha 4

I dunno... that Ebbe avatar looks like he hired Skell and said "make me look like Elon Musk". It looks kinda somewhere between them.

Which works for Silicon Valley. The jacket might be a bit too formal though. Having a shirt on might still be too formal. And for some of the blokes I've seen on the streets of San Francisco... having pants on might still be too formal... 😮

So I think this is a pretty safe look. 😉

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I was pleased to see the announcement from @Ebbe Linden, Second Life's CEO.  https://community.secondlife.com/blogs/entry/3867-a-message-from-our-ceo-coronavirus-and-second-life-operations/

That's not a CEO.  That's a toned down Fonzie!  I would expect the CEO of the mighty Linden Lab to look like...

dieter-zetsche-daimler-800x478.jpg?retina&f=1&nofb=1   Or...   103078446-20151014-3269-1738.1910x1000.jpg?v=1444852761&f=1&nofb=1   Or even...   maxresdefault.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

So...this thread is an invitation to the Residents of Second Life to help Ebbe with a Makeover!

Reminds me of Christopher Walken. Or Elon Musk.

At least he doesn't look like a Bond villain like Bezos, who is also an actual villain.

Hell no, I like him just the way he is. He's right, too. We need to be kind to those joining and returning to SL. For people who are isolated in RL, SL might be the only human contact they can get.

• Like 7

Since he sometimes appears in his meat puppet in videos and sometimes in his avatar, I think the difference is really interesting and cool. I really admire people who can make good facsimiles of their meat puppet in second life, That’s a whole other skill level…but let’s face it, some days some of us just want to be a Second life Glamour Puss even if our real life sartorial offering is er...a messy bun and Totoro pajamas? 

Hot Topic, you’re welcome. 😂

I think he looks hot...  but I like that whole ginger thing..

• Like 1

Not taking you up on the bridge offer, laddie...I never said Ebbe should, or needs to, look like his RL self.

I rather like Skell's latest offerings.  Mmmm, yeah.  I'd sit in in a board meeting with them!  And Caerolle, I've met Elon Musk in RL.  Definitely dateable, even without all those thousand dollar bills that keep falling out of his pockets.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Let's see, so far on this page we have what looks like a noob version of a Star Fleet cadet, the Monopoly man, the guy from that one meme, Ben Kingsley's little brother, three hipsters who spend way too much time trimming their silly beards and would have been beaten up daily in my high school, the abominable Rosedale avatar (which, actually looks a lot like the very first Tolya in body and hair, but wearing a lame t-shirt instead of my fashionable suits), and a chick putting on makeup.  Sorry, none of them look like a real CEO (although, granted, at least none of them look as stupid as Duckerberg, who looks like Data's long lost cousin). 

Here, try some REAL bada$$ CEO's (OK one is a general), and make avatars of them:

image.jpeg.f73fd9087cd19d76441d3be59eba52ac.jpegimage.jpeg.2caadc5ff6a031e9214bcd3f75b4ee3a.jpegimage.jpeg.f4a6d9830c1f2d6efff0e70760e8d5b3.jpegImage result for trump apprentice

/me laughs diabolically as the peasants break out the pitchforks and light their silly torches, and slams the castle portcullis down on them, going back to his wine and stogie, like real CEOs did back in the day.

Edited by Tolya Ugajin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1498 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.