What are you listening to?

Now I have a routine - every morning a group that sits near me at work has their status meeting - I don't want to hear it, so I listen to the new entries on this thread. Today was my absolute favorite day. All the selections were great.

@Bree Giffen - I LOVED boyish

@Zeta Vandyke - Amerika just killed me. I have to learn the words so can sing this all over the place

As for me, I was listening to covers of Bowie's The Man Who Sold The World because I was so disappointed with Nirvana's version. (In the end I gave up.) Now I'm trying to decide what's my favorite from Roxy Music. Right now I think it's this:

Edited by kershe
  • Like 3

@Clover Jinx - I liked the bagpipes - it's a better version of the song than the Dropkick Murphys' - but I love the Scottish accents.

Anyway, I've been listening to covers lately, don't know why, and trying to find a good one of Wichita Lineman because it has two haunting lines ("I hear you singing in the wire/I can hear you through the whine" and "And I need you more than want you/And I want you for all time") even if the rest of the song isn't up to those bits.

Unfortunately, all the covers basically sound just like Glen Campbell's iconically corny version, except for this one, which I think captures the almost mystical essence of the song:

Edited by kershe