What are you listening to?

DON'T WATCH THIS VIDEO - just listen to it. Whoever put up the pictures had no idea what the song was about.

I was just listening to covers of Laura Nyro's Stoney End, and most of the people sing it like it's some happy bouncy tune, which misses the point completely. This was the best sung version I heard, but seventeen big thumbs down on the video:

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, kershe said:

...most of the people sing it like it's some happy bouncy tune, which misses the point completely. 

Which might not always be bad if it is intended, like the famous boomtowns rats' "I don't like mondays" proves.

1 hour ago, kershe said:

most of the people sing it like it's some happy bouncy tune, which misses the point completely.

I'd always thought that about Doris Day's "Que Sera Sera". To me the lyrics express a child's desire for comforting reassurance from her mother, which is met with the honest, but less than reassuring "whatever will be, will be". Day's needlessly cheery delivery annoys me to this day. Fortunately, Pink Martini finally came along and got it right.

Doris' Version...

Pink Martini's...

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

My apologies to anyone who saw me like, then unlike, a video. My browser got very confused. Every time I refreshed the page, the video posted by any particular person would change.

Grrr.

Fine! I won't post anymore. *huffs and stamps her feet*

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Clover Jinx said:

Fine! I won't post anymore. *huffs and stamps her feet*

You're cute when you huff.

Anybody else seeing this video merry-go-round? Every time I refresh this page the videos switch around. At the moment, everyone seems to have posted the same video, Stoney End. I think it might be time for a reboot.

3 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Anybody else seeing this video merry-go-round? Every time I refresh this page the videos switch around. At the moment, everyone seems to have posted the same video, Stoney End. I think it might be time for a reboot.

No, maybe your browser, do you have a second browser to test?

15 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I do, and it's showing broken video links in every post. Time for a reboot.

maybe the video plugin like flashplayer then, that is constant in most browsers across a system.

Edited by Fionalein