How are you feeling today?

Beth Macbain

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1593 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

35 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

I will gladly take hugs from anyone who offers. 

Hell i will take pixel ones inworld if i am ever online at the same time as anyone. 

HUGGIES!  :P Sorry  couldn't resist! :) Anyway today is good day; I had my fave UK sunday lunch so I'm fed and happy. :D 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

Well, it's still early here and I've only been up a little over hour, just started my second cup of Yorkshire Tea, so it's going pretty good so far. I'm spending the day alone; my partner is up in Scotland for the day with a sporting event, and I'm considering going to my local pub for a proper Sunday lunch because I can't cook anything like that on my own.  

I went to a pub in Bawtry (you know Yorkshire?) last Sunday for a lunch. It was fantastic, but bizarre. I had salmon in a sweet chilli glaze. It was on the Sunday roast dinner menu and came with Yorkshire pudding and mashed potato on the plate, and a big bowl of help yourself to all the vegetables accompanyment. I am not sure if yorkshire pudding goes with salmon, I'm not even sure if salmon goes with sweet chilli glaze, but I seemed to enjoy it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

For the record if I like your post in this thread  (and there are some I have missed but thats more the brain fog than indifference) its not that I like the bad things you are feeling.  It is in replacement of having any other reaction to show I get it.  I care.  I would give a hug too like @Seicher Rae.  There is no I feel crapper than your crap thing going on  (can I say ***** here?) but also I can so without hearts and flowers from people who have not bothered to join in and share their struggles at this time of year.   I found this the other day.  I was going use it for my profile Icon thing but I am putting it here instead.

No photo description available.

I feel sad. My friend Richard lost his battle with MS earlier this year, only two years into his diagnosis. Not even 45 years old. The good die young. 

• Sad 2

22 hours ago, Pamela Galli said:

:

1.This is indeed a very good forum. I don’t like people barging in here, usually wanting some kind of help, and flinging unprovoked gratuitous insults. 

2. Michelle Goldberg writes in the NYTimes Opinions about Democracy Grief. I have that.  It’s not academic — people, children,  are suffering and dying. The Constitution is being nullified. The three branches are being dismantled. I could look away, but someone has to look, and I am in a position to, so I will. 

Goldberg also talks about Epistemological Nihilism, which contributes greatly to my Democracy Grief, since Democracy depends to some extent on a shared, agreed upon set of facts, rather than parallel universes. 

Condolences to the U.K. —  this election is just devastating. 

I am in the UK, appreciate the condolescences, I don't feel devastated by the election results though, and feel Boris should be given a chance, because he sure is a lot more human than his runner up - Hunt - would have been. Times they are a-changing, and this might be the most important time in UK history since WWII

21 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Okay... well... I see things went a little off the rails while I was sleeping. 

Kindly stop that. This is a thread for people to feel their not-so-great feelings during a really rough time of year without being mocked or derided. Politics is important. It affects real lives in sometimes devastating ways. Something tragic happened in the UK this week. People are justifiably upset and scared. I want them to be free to talk about their feelings here during this dark month. 

I have no mod powers, but I'm imploring you all to keep the bickering and fighting OFF this particular thread. We are stressed. We are struggling to get through until, at the very least, January. 

Please let us have this one place to commiserate without being judged. We are going through a variety of things related to depression, mourning, health, stress, anger, sadness, etc., and we're making a very good attempt to help each other out. 

So after a really great night of sleep where I dreamed about Harry Styles, I woke up, open the forum, and now I'm feeling angry and sad. 

Harry Styles. What a fascinating young man he is. I think he looks like a (very) young Axl Rose. Maybe he will be asked to play him in a life story of G n R. I would pay to see that. 

13 minutes ago, eyeye Afterthought said:

I feel sad. My friend Richard lost his battle with MS earlier this year, only two years into his diagnosis. Not even 45 years old. The good die young. 

Sorry for your loss but kinda errr thanks for the support umm 

• Like 1

Today would have been my Dad's 91st birthday and I want to curl into a ball and sob for hours and hours. 

My sister is taking me out to lunch today. I love her to bits, but she's exhausting. And then tonight I have to make the damn dish for tomorrow's forced potluck. 

And work is bananas today.

I hate everything. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

The day started a little rough with a bad night's sleep, but the afternoon has been very pleasant, with another interview and demo shoot completed. My window has now been open all night and all day, because apparently the landlord thinks that we want to be slow-roasted throughout winter. Now back to photo-editing like a madman.

• Like 3

Lunch with my sister was absolutely catastrophic/

It began with her telling me horror stories about family holidays from before I was born and how terrible and dysfunctional our family is/was and ended with "I think it's Dad's fault that <my older brother> committed suicide." 

Did I mention that today is my dad's birthday?

I'll be curled up in bed crying if anyone needs me. I can't look at the forums anymore right now or I'm going to get myself banned for the next 50 years for telling Prok exactly what I think of her because I'm far too raw right now to temper my words.

• Like 1
  • Sad 9

1 hour ago, Beth Macbain said:

It began with her telling me horror stories about family holidays from before I was born and how terrible and dysfunctional our family is/was and ended with "I think it's Dad's fault that <my older brother> committed suicide." 

I'll be curled up in bed crying if anyone needs me. I can't look at the forums anymore right now or I'm going to get myself banned for the next 50 years for telling Prok exactly what I think of her because I'm far too raw right now to temper my words.

sends virtual hugs and pats on the back.  really tough day!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Dear Beth.

Take all the time you need but I for one will miss your kindness if you stay away for too long. We all need our personal space, but if you ever need a good ear I volunteer, as I am sure will many good souls on this eclectic forum. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Fine, thanks for asking.  Sitting in an airport drinking free booze, waiting for a flight.  6 episodes of Start Trek DS9 loaded on my phone for the flight.  Don't have to go back to my office until next year.  89 hours from my girl joining me in RL for the holidays.  All in all not bad.

• Like 3

On 12/15/2019 at 9:51 AM, eyeye Afterthought said:

Harry Styles. What a fascinating young man he is. I think he looks like a (very) young Axl Rose. Maybe he will be asked to play him in a life story of G n R. I would pay to see that. 

Does he have Axl's heroine habit?

3 minutes ago, Tolya Ugajin said:

Fine, thanks for asking.  Sitting in an airport drinking free booze, waiting for a flight.  6 episodes of Start Trek DS9 loaded on my phone for the flight.  Don't have to go back to my office until next year.  89 hours from my girl joining me in RL for the holidays.  All in all not bad.

It's good to hear things are going well.  ♡ Enjoy ♡

• Like 1

On 12/14/2019 at 11:46 AM, Pamela Galli said:

:

2. Michelle Goldberg writes in the NYTimes Opinions about Democracy Grief. I have that.  It’s not academic — people, children,  are suffering and dying. The Constitution is being nullified. The three branches are being dismantled. I could look away, but someone has to look, and I am in a position to, so I will.

Out of curiosity, how is the Constitution being nullified and how are the 3 branches being dismantled? 

I mostly like this thread. I'm happy to read how some people are having good days (like Tolya did just above). It makes me smile in RL. Similarly, I'm appreciative that this has given people the opportunity to voice that things aren't going well, and the pain associated with that. Due to the constraints of this forum though, and the less than stellar automatic responses we have, I dunno... (And yes, I realize that usually people use the ♥ button to indicate "I heard you" or  support or whatever.) I wrote a mini rant about my situation yesterday and then promptly deleted it because, honestly, I feel like doing an imitation of Jack Nicholson, and yelling, "You want the truth? You can't handle the truth!" I don't think I want a ♥ if I say I'm not doing well or why. I don't think my truth is shareable.  I feel alienated in a post about feelings? Well, that sucks.

• Sad 4

3 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Just no. Please. No. Not in this thread. Go to one of Prok's threads, where this is being battled.

Prok has a thread on this?  He strikes me as someone who would be happy with a dictatorship.

Edited by Tolya Ugajin

1 minute ago, Tolya Ugajin said:

Prok has a thread on this?

Not specifically. There's brewhahas in two of her OPs (surprise surprise) but maybe I was confusing that with the brewhaha that is going on in the election thread. At any ways, I just hope to keep this thread flame / political free. I know, I'm a wild-eyed optimist. I'm not telling you don't. Just asking, politely, please.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

I mostly like this thread. I'm happy to read how some people are having good days (like Tolya did just above). It makes me smile in RL. Similarly, I'm appreciative that this has given people the opportunity to voice that things aren't going well, and the pain associated with that. Due to the constraints of this forum though, and the less than stellar automatic responses we have, I dunno... (And yes, I realize that usually people use the ♥ button to indicate "I heard you" or  support or whatever.) I wrote a mini rant about my situation yesterday and then promptly deleted it because, honestly, I feel like doing an imitation of Jack Nicholson, and yelling, "You want the truth? You can't handle the truth!" I don't think I want a ♥ if I say I'm not doing well or why. I don't think my truth is shareable.  I feel alienated in a post about feelings? Well, that sucks.

My goal is to be Jack Nicholson when I grow up.

/me gives her a big hug

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1593 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.