NO Linden Home?? Please Vent Here!!

LakotaBlue Tuqiri

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1558 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The problem with buying mainland or renting, is that it cost additional money to the money they already paid for Premium.

One can dismiss it with "it costs almost nothing if you find the right spot". But for many, it is not nothing.

There is no way to own Mainland if you will try your luck in a release, so buying would mean abandoning it. If they follow the development threads like SSP, they can see what regions that probably will be released next, and then it's too short time to sell it. Set it to 10L just to get rid of it, or abandon it. And if they don't get the home in this round, back to start.

So I suggest temporary Land, that is undeveloped land, just flat, boring squares. And empty, just for them to place a shack or a skybox where you can open boxes, change clothes and set home position. This is a waiting area, and you don't have to abandon it to try to get a Bellisseria Home. But if you get a Bellisseria Home, the waiting land is taken from you and your stuff returned unless you pick it up yourself in 24 hours.

This return could be totally automatic. When we get a Linden Home, the system register us the very same minute. The system could start the 24 hour period and set the waiting land back to Linden Lab when the time is up.

• Like 4

And I just got an even better idea: Let people own two Linden Homes the same time!

Isn't that good? The system automatic reset the oldest Linden Home back to Linden Lab after a 24 hour period.

Linden Lab does not have to make new land. I don't know how much time it would take to change it so the system allowed for two homes in an 24 hour period.

But they got that refresh page limit in quick, didn't they?

• Like 4

Just now, Raspberry Crystal said:

@Marianne Little if that could be made to work it would seem like a solution (though of course expect complaints about half the number of prims!)

Of course... I would meet some of the complaints, but not all. I don't think it's possible to please all.

But it will solve the money issue, a place to live without paying when they wait. And they deal with only Linden Lab, no need to look for the cheapest rental. The search for the cheapest rental can be frustrating in itself.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BelleBax said:

Oh - it's a friendly suggestion now.  Okay. 

No, it was always a friendly suggestion, not just now. You can, at almost any time, take someone's kind call for a wee more positiveness, turn it around, and bite their heads off with a "Don't tell me what to do!!" But that's squarely on you, as I've never seen Prudence be anything other than kind here.

Edited by kiramanell
Typo
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, BelleBax said:

It might be worth considering to stop telling people how to be/feel/think

It might be worth considering that you just did?

8 hours ago, BelleBax said:

and just share whatever information and encouragement you have.  

Why, when we just get abused in the process for trying?

7 hours ago, kiramanell said:

One can only imagine the kind of pervasive negativity that must go on in some ppl's heads, when even a friendly suggestion to keep things positive 'can and will be used against you.' Sigh.

No good deed goes unpunished, apparently. At least you are trying to maintain optimism in an optimistic way and that's the difference. If only there were more people like you, the forums wouldn't feel half as combative as they do over recent months. Don't YOU go changing either. :D  ❤️ 

TL;DR: People have a right to vent. People have a right to disagree. There's no excuse for abuse, period.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

23 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

It might be worth considering that you just did?

Why, when we just get abused in the process for trying?

No good deed goes unpunished, apparently. At least you are trying to maintain optimism in an optimistic way and that's the difference. If only there were more people like you, the forums wouldn't feel half as combative as they do over recent months. Don't YOU go changing either. :D  ❤️ 

TL;DR: People have a right to vent. People have a right to disagree. There's no excuse for abuse, period.

Awww, you're so sweet! ❤️ Kindnes and mutual respect area flowing in abundance today, it seems. And we have people like you and Beth to thank for that. 🤗

And, in case historans ever tried and figure out how we did it, this is how: 😛

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, WillowTenage said:

Aww, thank you 😍  Nothing could ever keep me away from all of my emoticons and general happiness 😁  I usually stay away from subjects like this, because of the very nature of them tends to lead to a lot of heated emotions, I should have just stopped at the idea of a few quasi sandboxes for everyone to play around in.  It is a really delicate subject, that needs to be addressed with precision so as to be as diplomatic as possible, and I make way too many mistakes 🤯  

I think a sandbox where people can fiddle with options is a pretty good option.   Are the traditional houses and houseboats available on the MP?  If not, maybe LL could make them available so that users could work through some design options even in existing sandboxes.    

• Like 2

8 hours ago, LadyLana79 said:

I was thinking about going premium for the first time. Looked at the linden homes and think they are adorable. A lot of people come up with amazing ideas for these homes. I love them and want one super bad. But I am not going to go premium right now and just sit and wait weeks possibly months for a linden home. That's a waste of my money. I wouldn't really be getting my moneys worth. Ill just have to wait because I see so many people who are premium losing their minds trying and trying to get a home. Hope these "moles" drink some red bull and get some wings :P

Waiting until the feeding frenzy dies down seems like a good approach to me.  Just like those who say they will cancel the premium membership if they can't get a new linden home, holding off on paying for the premium membership is a way to kind of vote with your money.  It's really great to hear from people making that choice.  

Sometimes, a process takes as long as it takes and there's no way to add to the team to make it go faster.  Nine women can't have a baby in one month - LOL.  I'm not sure if Bellissari building is such a problem.  It would be great - though likely expensive - if LL could spin up more teams to reduce the wait time for getting a new home. 

8 hours ago, point Coage said:

I don't think it rigd thay just realy saying everone for them self

It's not right.  You don't have to feel alone - there are a lot of people in the same boat.

I'm seeing some really interesting ideas and we all know LL pays attention - maybe something will happen that improves the situation soon.  

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, BelleBax said:

I think a sandbox where people can fiddle with options is a pretty good option.   Are the traditional houses and houseboats available on the MP?  If not, maybe LL could make them available so that users could work through some design options even in existing sandboxes.    

No, the homes are not available to others than those who got a place in Belli. I wish they were.

I doubt they would be a competition to the house sellers already in the market. Fine as the LH houses and boats are - no complaints here - I would not use them if I had to cover the LI cost on my own land. They are great, but LI heavy.

I would also say they should be no modify, because the Bellisseria houses are no modify. So what good would it be to mod the sandbox - houses??

It would also be good for the people making add - ons. Now, people like me, have to take down the decor for making walls. Unless I fail and link up the walls with my furniture. Or texture the wrong item. That may have happened....😲

People making add - ons would not have to own a place in Belli. This would mean more options in the add - ons market. The more, the better. Now add - ons are limited to those who have a home and can make a model in place, then export it and work on it.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

The problem with buying mainland or renting, is that it cost additional money to the money they already paid for Premium.

One can dismiss it with "it costs almost nothing if you find the right spot". But for many, it is not nothing.

There is no way to own Mainland if you will try your luck in a release, so buying would mean abandoning it. If they follow the development threads like SSP, they can see what regions that probably will be released next, and then it's too short time to sell it. Set it to 10L just to get rid of it, or abandon it. And if they don't get the home in this round, back to start.

So I suggest temporary Land, that is undeveloped land, just flat, boring squares. And empty, just for them to place a shack or a skybox where you can open boxes, change clothes and set home position. This is a waiting area, and you don't have to abandon it to try to get a Bellisseria Home. But if you get a Bellisseria Home, the waiting land is taken from you and your stuff returned unless you pick it up yourself in 24 hours.

This return could be totally automatic. When we get a Linden Home, the system register us the very same minute. The system could start the 24 hour period and set the waiting land back to Linden Lab when the time is up.

Yet another interesting suggestion.  I would pair it with making the new linden homes available in the MP so that people could fiddle with them in these temporary areas until adequate inventory is available in Bellissari.   

• Like 2

I've always found it fascinating how differently each person can interpret words typed out. Of course it is more difficult because there is no tone to be heard and only can be interpreted by the reader. I'm deaf so this is a constant for me. One that I've learned to appreciate because that tone won't become any clearer besides through practicing patience, understanding and kindness. That is why it is so important to attempt to use your words in the most effective manner possible no matter where you're coming from in these discussions of seemingly  "to have" and "have not". That is a generalized use of you so realize it isn't spoken towards anyone directly.

When Linden Lab raised prices on premium membership, I was one of the many who posted a little rant to get it out of my system. It probably wasn't the most forceful or argumentative rant, but it was a rant none the less. It helped. After a few days of figuring out my budget, I still realized that being a premium member had more positive than negative factors for me. I've been a premium member since 2009 and I'm determined to remain so because I love supporting a virtual world that has brought me so much joy and life over the years. I love the idea that I help with my little quarterly membership those hard working Moles and Lindens who dedicate a lot of time and energy into making sl the best it possibly can be.

Those wonderful moles are out working in Bellisseria daily. Long hours trying to get as many of these homes as possible ready to be released. Building new regions takes time. It takes time to do things right. Patch has tried to keep the community up to date on things as much as possible under the circumstances. Especially since I imagine Bellisseria isn't their only project they have to focus on. The moles even take the time to respond to the more prominent concerns here in the forums. That means they are paying attention. They are reading and listening. :)

At the end of the day we are all wanting to be part of the same community and wouldn't it be better to try instead of being on this side or that side to remember respect goes both ways and showing some kindness, patience and understanding will create a better foundation for the community as a whole. Any community is going to have its hiccups and the best thing we can all do is learn and grow from them.

People are of course upset because they have yet to get a new traditional home or boathouse. That is completely understandable. It can be frustrating being on the waiting end. I understand there is nothing healthier at times than a good rant to get all the bad jumbled up feelings lingering in our head out. Ranting doesn't equate to attacking, demeaning or insulting others though. It equates to just ranting. Better out than in as the saying goes. ;)

Perhaps try to look to the future too because this waiting won't be forever. While you're waiting take the time to join the inworld Bellisseria groups, get to know the people in the community and build a life where you're planning to live. Build friendships and community with us. Explore the many beautiful areas the moles have created, sail the waters, go for a bike ride or swim, or take a swan paddle boat out on the water like I will be doing shortly with my daughter. 😊 Seriously...swan paddle boats are pure awesome sauce! 

I really hope those who have yet to get a home will get their home soon, but good things take time to create.

Words can be a very powerful tool that should be used with caution.

Please excuse my novels that I seem to leave all over this place. These are my humble thoughts. Yes, I realize they are idealistic. No, I don't expect everyone to agree with them.

• Like 15

13 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

No, the homes are not available to others than those who got a place in Belli. I wish they were.

I doubt they would be a competition to the house sellers already in the market. Fine as the LH houses and boats are - no complaints here - I would not use them if I had to cover the LI cost on my own land. They are great, but LI heavy.

I would also say they should be no modify, because the Bellisseria houses are no modify. So what good would it be to mod the sandbox - houses??

It would also be good for the people making add - ons. Now, people like me, have to take down the decor for making walls. Unless I fail and link up the walls with my furniture. Or texture the wrong item. That may have happened....😲

People making add - ons would not have to own a place in Belli. This would mean more options in the add - ons market. The more, the better. Now add - ons are limited to those who have a home and can make a model in place, then export it and work on it.

These are terrific reasons to make linden homes available in the MP.  I think folks have come up with a few compelling ideas here.  Based on the numbers I'm seeing - if it might be years before many have the access to one of the new homes - I hope some of these ideas bubble up to discussion points with the LL decision makers.  To highlight a few:

• Make linden homes available in the MP 
  • Provide temporary mainland space available to premium members and allow them to own 2 linden spaces for a 24 hour period
  • Provide an extra stipend to premium members who don't don't have a new home
  • Add more teams of Moles

All of these might help relieve the frustrations around new home scarcity.  

They won't make the homes available because even if they are high LI, some folks would still use them for personal use and LL doesn't want that. 

LL has lots of Premium sandboxes, so a better idea might be to rez all models at a sandbox or two, for people to work with.

I can't imagine that allowing someone to own 2 Linden Homes for a short time is going to be very quick programming, not to mention the amount of testing that would be required.  Thus I can't see LL devoting any resources to that.

Training up some more Moles or temporary Moles might be something they could work into the schedule.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

They won't make the homes available because even if they are high LI, some folks would still use them for personal use and LL doesn't want that. 

LL has lots of Premium sandboxes, so a better idea might be to rez all models at a sandbox or two, for people to work with.

I can't imagine that allowing someone to own 2 Linden Homes for a short time is going to be very quick programming, not to mention the amount of testing that would be required.  Thus I can't see LL devoting any resources to that.

Training up some more Moles or temporary Moles might be something they could work into the schedule.

I think this would be a workable option.  Not ideal - but something to relieve the frustration.  i think this is what @WillowTenage had in mind originally.  I left it off the list I made in error - I was really only going by memory.   To me this seems like a quick and easy win. I hope they consider it.

It's obvious that the demand for the new homes is more than anticipated, so why can't we sign up for a waiting list?

When the new batch of homes arrive, why should everyone be patient when the only way that seems to work is to resort to brute force methods like using browser refresh extensions?

Can you help us out and give us a way to play nicely?

There's that thread...

And there's that one...

And then Patch's official statement regarding the matter (I think, it's all starting to jumble together by this point).

I'm sure there are other threads around, I know one was deleted, but you get the idea. You can search if you're curious.

I know it's not the solution you might be after but hopefully these might help answer some of your questions. :) 

Edited by RaeLeeH
Added second link, and Patch quote.
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, RaeLeeH said:

There's that thread...

And there's that one...

And then Patch's official statement regarding the matter (I think, it's all starting to jumble together by this point).

I'm sure there are other threads around, I know one was deleted, but you get the idea. You can search if you're curious.

I know it's not the solution you might be after but hopefully these might help answer some of your questions. :) 

Thank you for your helpful answer to her. :) Me, I immediately felt the impulse to post some sort of sacastic reply. 😁 But, seriously, your way is better. 🤗

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Peachez Preiss said:

It's obvious that the demand for the new homes is more than anticipated, so why can't we sign up for a waiting list?

When the new batch of homes arrive, why should everyone be patient when the only way that seems to work is to resort to brute force methods like using browser refresh extensions?

Can you help us out and give us a way to play nicely?

A note: The browser refresh has been muted, so that might be a bit of help or not.  Take good will though in knowing that a large release is pending and should be coming the end of summer. The campers/trailers release (along with probably some abandoned Traditional houses and Houseboats, maybe Patch Linden will toss in a few new ones as well with the new theme release).  Keep an eye on Patch Linden's posts. He'll be announcing the big release from there.  Mark August on your calendars to start keeping an eye for this release. 

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 3

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 9:08 AM, AlyceAdrift said:

Agreed! I'm just about ready to cancel mine too because they can't fill the demand they created.

Maybe you shouldn't have abandoned the 2 new homes you did manage to get then ;) 

Considering how difficult it is to get one of the new homes, I suggest that anyone who does manage to nab one... hold on to the damned thing!  :P 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1558 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.