The New LH Release Plan - Your Thoughts

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1771 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

That's fair. Except for the "touting the new homes..." this is not true. All they promised was a Linden Home. Yes, they did show a picture of the new models, but they never said this is what you will get. I am not arguing with you, here. LOL I do generally agree with you in premise. Surely, you may feel cheated or shortchanged, but in truth, you were not. I get it. But such is the state of advertising; people just need to learn how to read advertising. "No one does it better!!!" (And you didn't say you do it better than anyone else, either). :) My favorite: "Guaranteed low price!" LIE! Because "low-price" is relative, so you cannot guarantee it. But I digress.

I suppose what I would do, myself, is to just grab one of the older styles (they aren't bad, the new ones are just better... and laggier LOL) then do my own thing and try later, once most of the hoopla calms a bit.

Though with the new release cadence, those shouting out the "release them as they're ready" will get their wish, hopefully it will create the result they are hoping for. Perhaps ypu will get into one sooner by this method (or perhaps not, who knows, right?) Only time will tell, and in the end, it all takes time.

Yes, I'm not really complaining about not getting a new house.  I mean I am, I want one, lol, but it's more about the lack of process so I can't plan.

4 minutes ago, Oshun Emor said:

Have any european haft any luck in getting a home on this rounds? If so, what is the better time to give it a try?

I am European. I got a house in New Hamsterdam yesterday at 4pm my time which is 7am SLT ... so early working hours for LL ;)

... I guess good time fpr trying is Monday Wednesday and Friday 7am to 2pm SLT

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Oshun Emor said:

Thanks I´ll give it a try tomorrow then

I have mentioned Auto refresh a lot of times. I'm in CEST (Central European Summer Time) and my alt has picked up many homes. She is only looking for a really nice boat location. When it's not good enough, it's abandoned.

You must react almost inhuman fast. It took 2 days of constant trying, before I was lucky first time. Abandoned homes are claimed in 1-2 seconds.

Some days it was surprisingly many abandoned homes that popped up. I wonder if they had their renew premium date early in July, and ended their premium a week before.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I have mentioned Auto refresh a lot of times. I'm in CEST (Central European Summer Time) and my alt has picked up many homes. She is only looking for a really nice boat location. When it's not good enough, it's abandoned.

You must react almost inhuman fast. It took 2 days of constant trying, before I was lucky first time. Abandoned homes are claimed in 1-2 seconds.

Some days it was surprisingly many abandoned homes that popped up. I wonder if they had their renew premium date early in July, and ended their premium a week before.

I read your autorefresh post. Unfortunately is not much the time I have to be with the pc on, doing that. That is why I asked for an stimate time of the day where the chances are higher and see if I can try at those hours

I read it and discarded it as meaningful or useful.  The only metric I care about is when I can get a home without playing Linden Home Lottery.  I figure that point is a year or more off.

I gave some thought to what might be actually useful to me.  The only thing I could come up with is something like this.  They offer me a chance to move to a "new Linden Home" right now, but those homes are simply cut & pasted into blocks much like the old Linden Homes.  Then... when they have a "real" Linden Plot available, they pick up my posession lock, stock, and barrel and move them.  Because I already fit into the right format, everything should move without incident.  This strategy allows me to start prepping right now and leaves me with little or no delay when I can somehow secure a real Linden plot.

Other than something like that, it is simply a waiting game.  When I go look at the home screen and see a selection of homes I might want... a large selection... then I can pack up my possessions, vacate my current home, acquire the new one, and move in.  I don't see much they can do to change that given how the process works and the glacial pace of rollout.

• Haha 1

On 6/25/2019 at 12:34 PM, emilia Avindar said:

I don't understand how we are able to see and claim a new Linden Home/houseboat/camp site, etc. Are they released to be claimed on the "Get Your Home Now" widget on our dashboard. I tried camping for a couple of hours yesterday on a parcel that appeared ready to go, but there was no BUY option. 

That's just a part of the special joy of owning a linden home.  There is this convoluted process you need to go through to get it that starts on the web.  Good luck if you can figure it out.

I don't really know where to post this so I guess this is as good as anywhere. I know this system of releasing homes is a trial run but I have to say that I don't think it's working very well. To release 20-something homes a day, three times a week, and have them go withing seconds (in today's case 3 seconds) isn't something that seems to be working. Especially for the hundreds, maybe thousands, or us that would still like a home.

I've been a Premium member for over 10 years and still can't get a home. I'm obviously not a premium member just to have a home, but it would be nice to have one. It isn't nice to get up early, get my farm fed early, and come sit on the computer hoping to be one of the many trying to get something at an unknown time and within a matter of moments when it does happen. I've seen and heard the frustrations of many. Some people became premium members so they could be a part of the new homes and community. Lots of them are extremely frustrated. I know that we weren't promised a home right away... but, to at least have a better chance at getting one would seem fair. 

Patch, Moles, and the rest of the Linden staff... I wish I had an answer for you. What I don't want to continue to hear the frustration that has been arising. Yes, there are those that are content and like the game of trying. But there are way too many that aren't content and are becoming unhappy with the process. Congrats to you guys for coming up with something that sooooo many people want to be a part of. If I can do anything to help, you have my full cooperation. In the meantime, I would suggest at least releasing more regions at one time. I don't know the exact reason behind doing one at a time. I've seen quite a few that appear to be ready, or near ready, to go. Maybe do 4-5 at a time? 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Lillie Button said:

In the meantime, I would suggest at least releasing more regions at one time. I don't know the exact reason behind doing one at a time. I've seen quite a few that appear to be ready, or near ready, to go. Maybe do 4-5 at a time? 

1 region going in less than 10 seconds means 5 regions go in less than a minute.

• Like 7

On 6/25/2019 at 4:01 AM, Nika Talaj said:

I appreciate LL trying to be responsive, but the fact remains that if you don't have the screen time to spend waiting for a LH to show up on the UI, you may never get into Bellisseria.   If lots didn't go so fast,  auto-refresh would help.  But during the day it usually takes me a few minutes to get free enough to interact with a computer,  so auto-refresh doesn't help much.  I don't really have a block of time for SL until after 9 PM SL time.

I really wish you could subscribe to a list and have them let you know if/when your name pops up.

Totally agree. After weeks and weeks trying to get one, I've given up, can't spend so many hours of my valuable RL refreshing the screen, and being in Europe does not help. I'll wait for future releases in July, hoping to get a tiny home. Having said that, and not liking the way LL has proceed, I want to think they're trying their best, and apart from that, some people are over reacting. I guess I can still walk around Bellisseria (or however it's called), join their groups, enjoy the lovely sims at SLB16, and rezz my stuff in a Tahoe house in the meantime.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lillie Button said:

I supposed but that gives 75ish more people a home. I don't know what the answer is.

It doesn't actually give any more people homes. No matter how many regions are releasing at a time, homes are being finished at the same rate by the moles. If more regions are released at once, that means releases happen less often. So whether 60 people get new homes in a week because of 3 different releases of 20 homes a piece, or 60 people get homes in a week because of one release of 60 homes total, the end result is really the same.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Elena Core said:

Totally agree. After weeks and weeks trying to get one, I've given up, can't spend so many hours of my valuable RL refreshing the screen, and being in Europe does not help. I'll wait for future releases in July, hoping to get a tiny home. Having said that, and not liking the way LL has proceed, I want to think they're trying their best, and apart from that, some people are over reacting. I guess I can still walk around Bellisseria (or however it's called), join their groups, enjoy the lovely sims at SLB16, and rezz my stuff in a Tahoe house in the meantime.

I let auto refresh do the job in Chrome, while I use Firefox to read newspapers, read on AO3*, read the forum here, the other forums I am on, social media. I also play SL. All on the laptop the same time. I get a notification by sound and pop-up when a Bellisseria home comes up.

I'm in CEST. Central European Summertime.

*Archive of Our Own

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Marianne Little said:

I let auto refresh do the job in Chrome, while I use Firefox to read newspapers, read on AO3*, read the forum here, the other forums I am on, social media. I also play SL. All on the laptop the same time. I get a notification by sound and pop-up when a Bellisseria home comes up.

I'm in CEST. Central European Summertime.

*Archive of Our Own

Hi Marianne! Right, that's what I've been doing, but still. So, I'd rather wait

• Like 1

I think it is notable that @Marianne Little is apparently the QUEEN of rerolling (at least I haven't seen anyone posting here that seems to be in her league). She is NOT on SLT and that may be a big part of why she does so well. Others that have claimed and tossed many house and some friends I chat with in IM are also in Europe and doing well with refresh and reroll. So there is the staying up all night thing if you really want to do that. 

That being said  with the three times a week plot releases coming up that are gone in THREE SECONDS (sometime less - one time reportedly seven) I can't see how the alarm is going to do much good LOL.    

So for folks that like trailers, they have a better shot IMO. With the houseboats we had 27 minutes. My alt got two different ones (never planned to keep them anyway) and turned them back in. So even if the trailers are half the size of the houseboat release (NO INFO ON THAT AT ALL - just that it is a "big" release) then there will certainly be more than a three second window.  That is some time away though. 

I know some of you are actually enjoying the chase for the homes, maybe we should name it The Chase for the Homes :D) but for me it was just frustrating and since I didn't want a 512 lot I opted out of the whole thing and bought a nice beach lot for 1500. Now I can RELAX and just ENJOY. 

But for those of you in the contest - go forth and have fun. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone have a screen shot of what it looks like when a houseboat or other new offering appears on the Get Your Home Now widget found on dashboard?

This is all I ever see. Am I looking the wrong place? Google refresher add-on didn't allow for any filtering on location, at least not for me.

SL_Get-Your-Home-Now_No-new-Options_28_JUNE.PNG

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, emilia Avindar said:

Does anyone have a screen shot of what it looks like when a houseboat or other new offering appears on the Get Your Home Now widget found on dashboard?

This is all I ever see. Am I looking the wrong place? Google refresher add-on didn't allow for any filtering on location, at least not for me.

SL_Get-Your-Home-Now_No-new-Options_28_JUNE.PNG

you're looking in the right place, Emilia :) When a traditional home or houseboat is available, there will be a fifth option in the dropdown menu that says "Bellisseria".

• Like 2

I have really mixed emotions on the current system.

The new regions are going so quickly that I feel like people are afraid to re-roll at all. When you get a really sizable drop there is a certain amount of churn afterwards with people trying to get a lot they like better. With the current system nobody re-rolls because the chance of getting a better lot (or any lot) is so slim. I think this can cause people to hang on to lots that they don't really like because at least they have SOMETHING. 

Then again, hanging on to lots until there are a bunch made also prevents people from getting those lots sooner. In the end the same amount of people end up getting the same amount of lots, they just have to wait longer to get them. 

I don't know what the answer is. I just know that people are getting very frustrated and I can completely understand their frustration. It just bums me out for them.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1771 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.