When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1118 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

That would only be the case if the group was invite only.

Anyone can get in there and get info. If you don't, you've self-screened yourself out.

You cannot put earplugs in and then complain that it's not fair that you don't hear the person talking to you...

a resident run and created group as official channel for LL to announce releases and privileged info for groupies... wonderful.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Whether or not someone is in the group is irrelevant. If they are not LOGGED ON when something is said in group chat, they don't see it, period.

Official news needs to be given in a manner that provides the most access to the most people, not just random luck of being logged on at the right moment in time. 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 4

I get confused as a few months ago they did the mail box thing with the houses which i thought was a cool ideal ,,,, and maybe  they are getting ready for the big moving of people from the older generations   ,,,,, to the new ,,, so could be to see if it works  who knows ,,, just a thought ...... 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

I get confused as a few months ago they did the mail box thing with the houses which i thought was a cool ideal ,,,, and maybe  they are getting ready for the big moving of people from the older generations   ,,,,, to the new ,,, so could be to see if it works  who knows ,,, just a thought ...... 

If i remember well i think it was @LittleMe Jewell who made it a subject or mentioned it to create a way how to announce messages, think it was P. Linden who said to look at it.. guess it's still in that stage, never heared about it again.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Anyone can get in there and get info. If you don't, you've self-screened yourself out.

You cannot put earplugs in and then complain that it's not fair that you don't hear the person talking to you...

What do you mean by self-screened?

I was saying I didn't get the group IM even though I had that option ticked in the group settings. 

"Anyone can get in there and get info. If you don't, you've self-screened yourself out." So if someone is offline, and therefore couldn't see the chat, they have self-screened too?

I think you are missing the point some of us are trying to make. NOT all  of us are in the group, for a variety or reasons, or they are OFFLINE but in the group, so won't see the chat, and LL should pass the info on to all of us, not just a non official group.

• Like 12

10 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Whether or not someone is in the group is irrelevant. If they are not LOGGED ON when something is said in group chat, they don't see it, period.

Official news needs to be given in a manner that provides the most access to the most people, not just random luck of being logged on at the right moment in time. 

Thank you, you've said it better than I could. 

• Like 8

I'm in the group but don't follow the chat even when I am inworld. However I don't think anyone should be forced to be in a group made by a resident to receive information from LL. 

I doubt Patch was using the group in an official way. He is also a SL resident isn't he? I looked back in the chat and I was inworld, it seems, when someone mentioned losing their house and he said that 'sucked' and they were looking into it.

The thing that concerns me is that you can lose your home and be offered no explanation as to why or even an acknowledgement that it happened. However, I am sure it will be sorted and I wouldn't want a big fuss made as it could have been a little mistake by an individual that caused it. So far in Bellisseria all the Linden lab workers have done an excellent job, so what really would suck was someone feeling terrible about 1 little mistake after all the good work. Or worse getting into trouble over it.

Edited by Elyeah
typo
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

That's a spurious argument, but surely you know that?  Quite apart from reasons that people have already given for not joining or listening to the chat (which you are ignoring) there is no official requirement for anyone to join the group, and I'll say it again; that group is not the the place for Linden information or announcements.  Patch may be the group's rockstar idol, and there's enough Linden-worship there to polish the altar in any shrine, but he is an employee, not an idol, and he should not be relying on that unofficial group in order to disseminate things the rest of us need to know.

A further point; what do you say when you're not glued to the chat or you happen to be offline?  Hmm?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

They won't be moving people from the old homes, they will somehow inform them that they need to move by XXX date.  However, LL has already stated that it wouldn't happen until there was a surplus of homes --- as in always seeing some sort of Bellisseria option on the Land page all the time.  Maybe not the Theme you want, but something in the new homes.  Best I can tell, that is at least a year away.

17 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

If i remember well i think it was @LittleMe Jewell who made it a subject or mentioned it to create a way how to announce messages, think it was P. Linden who said to look at it.. guess it's still in that stage, never heared about it again.

Yeah, I had mentioned that they really needed some way to send a message to every Bellisseria home owner and Patch did say they were working on something.  No clue of the status of that though.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, kali Wylder said:

Just talked with someone who got a house on the first release and it still belongs to her now that the region is back up.  So they fixed it right this time.

I got my one and only back! I kept it!

However I got another after it came up (GOH) and a person there said it had been theirs. i am keeping it safe for them. I contacted Whitney about it.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Faydra Foden said:
1 hour ago, Elena Core said:

We are expecting next Wednesday, but we dont really know. My account will be ready on Sunday just in case 😊

Really that soon? omg!

Most of us are expecting some time next week -- or at least hoping.

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1118 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.