When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

The chatty group is not really appropriate for information of that kind. It needs to be in an info only group run by LL.  As it is I can't stand reading the group chat for long as it's far too frantic for me.

I love that group.

I've been wondering why so few SL groups are like that for years.

In any given MMO, I can find chat like that in minutes, making them feel more like worlds full of people than SL, even when they have a lot less people than SL...

Sometimes I log into SL just to have the Bellisseria Citizens chat group open...

- It's had a dramatically negative impact on the use of my alts. 😉

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Patch is looking into the problem, he says in Belli chat

I hope they can rectify it I didn't see mine in world and I may not have kept it either who knows?!! also I am happy for whoever has it now to keep it. But still an explanation for why it happened to the releases would be good! 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

I love that group.

In any given MMO, I can find chat like that in minutes, making them feel more like worlds full of people than SL, even when they have a lot less people than SL...

It is appropriate for socializing, not necessarily for information on errors in SL that impact way more people than the 30 or so active chatters in there.  In 5 minutes 200 messages can go by, so unless you do nothing but read chat, you'll miss important things - like Lindens acknowledging problems on the grid that they are working on.

Edited by Cinnamon Mistwood
spelling, commas, extra word. The usual
  • Like 9

2 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

It is appropriate for socializing, not necessarily for information on errors in SL that impact way more people than the 30 or so active chatters in there.  

It does somewhat give the impression of attention being paid to a favoured few.  I'm not saying it actually is the case but that's the way it looks.

• Like 9

Just now, Garnet Psaltery said:

It does somewhat give the impression of attention being paid to a favoured few.  I'm not saying it actually is the case but that's the way it looks.

I agree, having tried to join the conversation a couple of times. Or some talk about something that just a few know about.

I feel it would be better if LL informed us all, not just the few in a group.

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, Chloe Dolores said:

Just double checked and yes it got lost - pity that because that could have been like THE ONE after 10 month search ... 

Big hugs ,,,, i do not understand why they would do a release when there is still all the wedneday  techi stuff  they do   ie .. rolling restarts ... was that not the problem yesterday??/ ,,,, could that be the issue ?  I decided after yesterdays problem  with the houses  to just relax for the few hours on line today   and clean out inventory ....I am waiting for the log cabins and want my inventory to be neat and organized for the move. hugs to all 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Pussycat Catnap said:

4176 members of an open join group full of active people.

It covers more than any blog or these forums. And the ones it covers are engaged users.

Like I said earlier, I am in the group, I wasn't AFK or Busy but the chat didn't show for me, so therefor there are times when people will not see what Patch shares. NOT all Bellisseria citizens are in the group, so how are they supposed to find out about LL info that any of the Lindens share in a group?

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

It covers more than any blog or these forums. And the ones it covers are engaged users.

4176 including many alts, and partners .. that's nothing for the representation of the whole Belli home owners.
Perhaps a lot still, but also many wannabee "vips" in it that i'd hard ban on my acceslist... clique.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 7

17 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

It is appropriate for socializing, not necessarily for information on errors in SL that impact way more people than the 30 or so active chatters in there.  In 5 minutes 200 messages can go by, so unless you do nothing but read chat, you'll miss important things - like Lindens acknowledging problems on the grid that they are working on.

Totally agree with this. I do not follow that group's chat because 99.9% of it is idle chatter, which is FINE for those who want it, but it's a very poor way to communicate official information from LL to residents. 

On top of that, what about the people who are not logged in world at the very second someone says something in the group chat? It makes way more sense to post in a thread here, or on the official blog, where EVERYONE has the chance to see it, if they want to.

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 11

5 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

This thread for example, only has 110 people following it.

Are you saying that people not in the group (which is not official and therefore hardly obligatory) or who find the tone of chat a little alien to them, are not engaged?

• Like 7

45 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Not filing a ticket on this one, don't know what support could do about this other than say 'sorry'.  Sent an annoyed IM direct to Whitney; it's a sad day when SL is more annoying than RL!  Hope this is not a new policy to discourage folks from trying to catch new releases.  If so, sure is working on me!

Ah well, off to make breakfast for Mom.  Have a great day, all!

BIG big big hugs ,,,,,,i hope they get this mess fixed soon before the log cabin release

Edited by roseelvira
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

This thread for example, only has 110 people following it.

From the bits of group chat that I do notice from time to time, there is a very small percentage of those 4176 group members that are actually chatting on a regular basis--- which really is no different that pretty much any chatty group that I've ever been a part of in SL.

Just because a group has thousands of members does not mean that very many are fully engaged in the group chat.  Many of us are in the group primarily for the notices.

As to Patch making a comment in the chat, I don't have a problem with him saying they are looking in to some issue, but I do think that someone official should also make a comment here in the forums where the problem was very likely first pointed out.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 7

15 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

Big hugs ,,,, i do not understand why they would do a release when there is still all the wedneday  techi stuff  they do   ie .. rolling restarts ... was that not the problem yesterday??/ ,,,, could that be the issue ?  I decided after yesterdays problem  with the houses  to just relax for the few hours on line today   and clean out inventory ....I am waiting for the log cabins and want my inventory to be neat and organized for the move. hugs to all 

Thank you 💕 I am not concerned about the parcel in this case it will make someone else happy but I am concerned about the explanations especially if some people have kept their parcels and others booted from theirs. I want it to be a technical problem. With further releases will we all be refreshing past the homes waiting for the second wave release?!! It must be technical... 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

Is there any ideal of when the log homes will be available?  I wonder if it will be on St patricks day?

All we know for sure it that it is not this week.  Some are guessing next Thursday, as that is the first day of Spring for the US.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

I love that group.

Sometimes I log into SL just to have the Bellisseria Citizens chat group open...

- It's had a dramatically negative impact on the use of my alts. 😉

I joined that group but I have to turn off the messages sometimes, they are non stop and while sometimes they are really interesting and helpful, other times they are just blathering...blather has it's place of course, I do it myself, but sometimes there are other things that take precedence.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

I joined that group but I have to turn off the messages sometimes, they are non stop and while sometimes they are really interesting and helpful, other times they are just blathering...blather has it's place of course, I do it myself, but sometimes there are other things that take precedence.

As I didn't get the chat with Patch show up, plus other reasons, I left. If we have to join a group, to get LL information, what does that say about those who haven't joined? They are not important enough to be kept up to date? If we pay Premium we should all be treated equally when something like this happens, and not everyone uses the forums either BTW. 

<~~ goes off to complain to the wall! 😖

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, 93YearOld said:

As I didn't get the chat with Patch show up, plus other reasons, I left. If we have to join a group, to get LL information, what does that say about those who haven't joined? They are not important enough to be kept up to date?

That would only be the case if the group was invite only.

Anyone can get in there and get info. If you don't, you've self-screened yourself out.

You cannot put earplugs in and then complain that it's not fair that you don't hear the person talking to you...

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.