The Non Linden Home Picture Thread - Mainland Only

Ingrid Ingersoll

I love decorating mainland! Before I learned about the new homes, I would find small parcels by points of interest and make them public or cute for a visit. Now I'm looking forward to my retirement home. 😂

Here's my latest redesign- a mountain home and park on Fucosa. It's on the side of a tall mountain, overlooking SLRR, adjacent to a fun trail that almost spans the continent. My neighbors are awesome and there's cafes and such along the trail.

I'm still decorating my home but you're welcome to frolic in the lavender and visit the park- there's a bike rezzer for you to bike the trail if you'd like! http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Fucosa/24/55/127 ❤️

mountain1_small.jpg

mountain2_small.jpg

park_small.jpg

• Like 27

Here's a few more spots! It's fun to share.

The first set of pics my cafe next to the End of The Line Inn on Route 14! It has games, the 11th Doctor as a bartender, and a few books I wrote. Visit: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Wunb/29/95/54

And here's my little haven at Dead Moles Curve. I play GTFO and love having homes along roads that get me to close stops and allow me to explore other continents.

asc4.png

asc3.png

asc2.png

asc1.png

deadmole3.png

deadmole2.png

deadmole1.png

• Like 24

This is rented land, I wish I had a quarter region to play around, I'm limited to 640 LI but I am having fun playing around with lower LI items, trying to create a scene.

I have a little forest to ride my horse around in :)

Snapshot_1078

An old abandoned home, with tulips to play around in :)

Snapshot_1077

I put in a little area to eat lunch, and gaze out on the ocean 😍 The water has AT swimmer in it, so I can swim around in it :D  I put in the island, and a little forest on it, later on I think I'll put in a little campfire area to socialize in.

Snapshot_1076

Here is a view from the base of the castle, looking into the property.

Snapshot_1075

And a view from above :)

Snapshot_1074

So far, I've used 238 prims for everything, the forest, the hills, the island, the walls, the castle, house, the boat, that also includes some furnishings in the castle too :)    I'll replace the fireplace eventually, once I find something that is low LI, looks more appropriate, and is inexpensive. 

Snapshot_1079

I still have over 400 LI left, enough to do a lot more :)

Edited by WillowTenage
  • Like 17

On 6/22/2019 at 6:21 PM, soulsofree said:

I love decorating mainland! Before I learned about the new homes, I would find small parcels by points of interest and make them public or cute for a visit. Now I'm looking forward to my retirement home. 😂

Here's my latest redesign- a mountain home and park on Fucosa. It's on the side of a tall mountain, overlooking SLRR, adjacent to a fun trail that almost spans the continent. My neighbors are awesome and there's cafes and such along the trail.

I'm still decorating my home but you're welcome to frolic in the lavender and visit the park- there's a bike rezzer for you to bike the trail if you'd like! http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Fucosa/24/55/127 ❤️

mountain1_small.jpg

mountain2_small.jpg

park_small.jpg

I went to visit - it's absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

This is beautiful, and such a great use of what could have been an awkward plot.

3 hours ago, Arquet said:

I went to visit - it's absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for visiting and enjoying! It makes me happy to know that others enjoy the spaces I create. It's fun and meditative to design them.

I've always wished I was a Mole- it seems to be such a fun job decorating our world. :D 

• Like 3

On 6/22/2019 at 10:21 AM, soulsofree said:

mountain1_small.jpg

mountain2_small.jpg

park_small.jpg

I visited the area, and your layout is wonderful. I especially like the bulletin board that fits very well with the Route next to you. Mainland CAN be beautiful!

Edited by RuffertasAlt
Computer belched.
  • Like 3

I can't take any design credit for this rather lovely part of the Sharp Continent North Coast (the old teen grid). My contribution was simply to click the rental box :) (that's me centre shot lounging if you can spot me!)

I won't add a landmark as that might be misconstrued as an advert for the landlord, but please message me if you would like a link.

Image is taken at maximum view distance with no derezzing.

Tolkien_001.png

Edited by Raspberry Crystal
  • Like 21

• 2 weeks later...

My land is in Urqhart, Corsica. I own both sides of Trendone Rd in this part of Corscia. I bought this land a year and a half ago. I love the rolling hills around and being able to look out at the back of my Epic Tree House to see the ocean. My land is 5056sqm at the max of me and my land alt's tier levels at $17 USD a month. 

I am a true Mainlander. Love all things about Mainland, the good, the bad, the ugly and the questionable. 
I tend to use natural terraforming skills to create a more realistic organic flow around me. I'm very proud of living on Mainland and being able to show it to others, so thank you for this thread!

Anyone is welcome to come for a visit:)  The Epic Tree House and most of the landscaping I hand built and lived streamed myself doing it and I enjoyed every minute of doing it. 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Urqhart/212/95/31

MyHomeLand_A.png

MyHomeLand_b.png

MyHomeLand_c.png

MyHomeLand_d.png

MyHomeLand_e.png

MyHomeLand_back.png

Edited by Asadora Summers
  • Like 18

• 2 weeks later...

I've been traveling the roads of Second Life lately, and some posts I've read in the land forums suggested to me that some land shoppers wish they knew more about the characteristics of the mainland continents:  Where to go for the kind of "feel" they'd like?  Few people have a sense of Second Life geography; the world is just a series of landmarks to them, and for various reasons they don't want to take the time to find out.

The question is where can people look for that sort of information?  The first page of this thread had several comments about roads and terrain, so this seemed a good thread to ask.  I'd be happy to make posts somewhere for a few weeks of my observations from the road until some other project takes my attention.  But I'm not a photographer.  And these would be *road* observations, no help for people who want to shut themselves away, who should be teleporting to the empty spaces far from the roads to look at parcels.  There's also an irony:  The emptier the land, the simpler it is to describe, so the duller the post.  A thread dedicated solely to such a topic would be boring.

• Like 4

I've lived on the same mainland parcel in south Sansara for 10 years, over time I've increased my holdings in the region from 1024 to around 6,000 sq m with 4,000 stretched across a narrow strip of protected lakeshore. I love it.

This is my house and garden (you can just see the red roof of my gf's house behind it). The wall at the back is the bridge for the Linden road so I am protected on two sides and whatever uglies get build across the road I can't see them from my land.

190506_017b.png.5db921e8ef6e3281574c98681f333389.png

And at the other end I have an open air cafe-bar:

190506_018b.png.81a8cfabd1208bef6d8ad86fbaebc082.png

Incidentally, my neighbour to the north, who has the parcel just the other side of my gf's house, has lived there almost as long as I have.

Here's the lm to the outdoor cafe; that and the garden are open to the public, and rez is enabled so if you fancy a sail round the southern lakes of Sansara, or just to hang out at the bar for a while, you're welcome.  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Badger/211/165/82

Edited by Lewis Luminos
  • Like 17

7 hours ago, LibGwen said:

Where to go for the kind of "feel" they'd like?  Few people have a sense of Second Life geography; the world is just a series of landmarks to them, and for various reasons they don't want to take the time to find out.................The question is where can people look for that sort of information?  

I'm not sure that's a project that wouldn't keep changing the more you kept trying to document it, personally.  But, still, surely it would be of interest to someone out there if there were a geographical historian at work (or a team of geographical historians) documenting -- in a painstaking and accurate way -- the look and feel of all the regions over time.  Without judgment or without prejudice, just a record of regions, like a Google-map snapshot of "this is the way it was."  I'm sure someone sometime would find that valuable.  The recent Second Life 16th Birthday showed interesting time-capsules.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, LibGwen said:

I've been traveling the roads of Second Life lately, and some posts I've read in the land forums suggested to me that some land shoppers wish they knew more about the characteristics of the mainland continents:  Where to go for the kind of "feel" they'd like?  Few people have a sense of Second Life geography; the world is just a series of landmarks to them, and for various reasons they don't want to take the time to find out.

The question is where can people look for that sort of information?  The first page of this thread had several comments about roads and terrain, so this seemed a good thread to ask.  I'd be happy to make posts somewhere for a few weeks of my observations from the road until some other project takes my attention.  But I'm not a photographer.  And these would be *road* observations, no help for people who want to shut themselves away, who should be teleporting to the empty spaces far from the roads to look at parcels.  There's also an irony:  The emptier the land, the simpler it is to describe, so the duller the post.  A thread dedicated solely to such a topic would be boring.

Well, I tried documenting accurately, once, and it didn't really workout quite well for me at least. First, it seems too intense because mainland has so much to it, that it becomes too addictive if I don't put some boundaries to my travelling, like a game. It becomes too intense that it coild engulf my RL, which I didnt really prefer. Next, mainland keep changing and changing. Other than that, many residents do like to know mainland 'feels', but its just too broad and different for each residents respectively, that it feels too tiring for us travelers to document to their needs precisely. It may feel very heavy to document each and everything about a place along the roads for all the residents to benefit, when many of the infos aren't something we would love to have for ourselves. Tips : Always do what makes you feel happy, and people who wanna take info from you, would do it anyways. 

Anyways, after some research and time I gave to myself, I did figure out my own style of travelling and what I really wanna do; what I really wanna document. I'm storyteller, thus, I travel and alter the journey and info according to what I feel like I wanna tell, into a story, which might benefit residents, though I dont really know. I do take a brake after some travelling, to organise the data and sorts, before I do post it on my blog(which is currently empty now; deleted all previous 'not mainland travel based' posts, which is all).

I don't really know if I would be the best target on getting those infos...but you could try my website for sure(you could get it on my inworld profile. Will be updated soon). And if you think you have those infos, or anything at all, I would say, quoting an old friend of mine @Christhiana , Don't think too much on what you gonna do but just do it if you feel like it. You say about the posts which might get boring and stuff...dont worry much. If you feel its boring, maybe eliminate it? Curate it the way you want it for yourself, and you'd feel very happy in sharing it, trust me.

Post those info you've wanted to, at a platform you'd love. If you think you'd love to start a thread, I think I might jump in the fun, cause I'd been thinking about it too. As for the photography, I might help abit, as I do have a eye for angles. Hit me up in-world if you need any help. 

Anyways, Good luck!

• Like 1