How would you make premium accounts more appealing?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1805 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

16 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I really wish they would boost the land so we could feel it. Like 1/16 region with 1400 LI.

That would really be a noticeable improvement in owning land. I could take out some of my more LI heavy items. Not all, of course, but have a rotation of my inventory without counting every LI.

Don't get me wrong, I have lots of nice low LI stuff, but sometimes I want variation. 

More prims equals more script hosts. This was especially noticed when they increased the prim allowance by 50% on mainland.

Before LL gives us more prims, they need to implement a fair script resource policy that prevents the scripts of any one land owner's rezzed content or of their guests from consuming more available script time than the percentage of land owned in the region.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

More prims equals more script hosts. This was especially noticed when they increased the prim allowance by 50% on mainland.

Before LL gives us more prims, they need to implement a fair script resource policy that prevents the scripts of any one land owner's rezzed content or of their guests from consuming more available script time than the percentage of land owned in the region.

It is so much land... I meant they should not have more LI/m, but let us have more land without tier. 

Or larger LH parcels, but not more LI than a region can handle.

I do like the idea about limiting scripts, so one user can't overfill his/her parcel with scripted animals or scripted crops. I don't know much about how to execute it technically, but when the parcel reach its limit, rez more objects with scripts and they are returned? Or scripts are turned off and a message says it's no more script time available?

No one can edit things manually anymore. It is color scripts and texture change scripts in everything. 

• Like 1

When they move to the cloud the main advantage I can think of is the possibility of "instanced" land becoming available Land that is remote from others, sim sized and secure. Only taking up server time resource when the owner arrives there maybe limited to the same prim allowance as a 1024m2 plot, with perhaps homestead avatar allowance. For those alienated by the lack of privacy on the new continent an option like this could be a perfect incentive for them to go premium. Attractive too for the sense of space it would allow, you could even use it for a race track or similar at reasonable cost without needing to pay for a homestead. A way down the road yet, but when we get the cloud this could be a huge incentive to go premium.

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well I am with Marianne with the land deal. I can't actually think WHY I would choose "Super Premium" as I can't think of what I am missing at this point.  But if my land costs went down (overall of course since you would need to figure in the NEW premium cost -- hence really the bigger stipend thing makes NO sense to me at all  -- like give them more back per week and charge them more?)  that would be a deciding factor.  

There was an interesting rumor going around about Premium. Since it was on the forums (twice in two different ways) some of you probably saw it. It had to do with homesteads and Super Premium. One fellow said that a Linden (employee anyway) told a game conference audience that  Super Premium would (could? Who knows?) include a homestead. Well THAT could be interesting. I don't know that I need a Homestead but that is an interesting idea.  AGAIN THIS IS ONLY HEARSAY and I asked for the name of the gaming conference etc and never got a reply. Later another person mentioned that the new going to the cloud thing had a big influence on the cost of said Homesteads (I have NO clue about that as not techie but thought it interesting and fitted right in to the other info. 

That is an interesting scenario though.  I know -- and we should probably ALL remember that Linden Lab employees are just humans like the rest of us.

So I for one will be interested to see if that RUMOR is true. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 1

@Jo Yardley 

"Another idea I have is a bit of an ego related one.
How about we make it visible in people’s profile that they’re premium members!
Lots of people like this, perhaps as a bit of a status symbol
. (I dont like it personally)

Followed by...

"Ok this is a mean one… how about we add ‘Allow only premium members’ to region settings…
People could start clubs and sims that only premium members would have access to"

How would the basics see a shiny badge if they are restricted from a premium area using the allow premium members only option. (I'd be keen for a option to click on land tab though for premium accounts only entry. Bye trolls lol).

"It would be a wonderful perk if premium members could upload textures for free or got a discount. 

"Pay for your tier and premium fees with Lindens."  

Yes please, for both of these! 💯

I can't comment on the land options or family tabs profile thingies as I have neither. The group thing doesnt really appeal to me either but I can see that  RPers,  store owners and land owners would probably like this.

I wouldnt mind a lump sum bonus stipend separate from the L$300 if you renew your membership annually or held it for a year and continue to renew for the monthly and quarterly people. Every year it could increase x amount.

I'd like to see a super duper premium aaccount that offers a extra 512sqm of free land and the ability to hold 2 Linden homes lol superdupers could have a house/boat and a trailer.  

Still hanging in there for Name changes as well. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ananoelle said:

"Ok this is a mean one… how about we add ‘Allow only premium members’ to region settings…
People could start clubs and sims that only premium members would have access to"

I particulary would love the Lab to implement this one, it would mean I could avoid all the people who would go to the snob club

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, ananoelle said:

@Jo Yardley 

"Another idea I have is a bit of an ego related one.
How about we make it visible in people’s profile that they’re premium members!
Lots of people like this, perhaps as a bit of a status symbol
. (I dont like it personally)

Followed by...

How would the basics see a shiny badge if they are restricted from a premium area using the allow premium members only option. (I'd be keen for a option to click on land tab though for premium accounts only entry. Bye trolls lol).

The badge would be seen in the profile so they'd see it when looking up someone's profile.
They'd also meet premium members when they mingle in non premium only regions.
Surely there would be plenty of sims left premiums would like to visit!
I doubt many regions would go premiums-only.

1 hour ago, KanryDrago said:

I particulary would love the Lab to implement this one, it would mean I could avoid all the people who would go to the snob club

Lol my reasoning for wanting this would be to thwart the trolls from entering not  basic accounts in general. 

Since we dreaming, Id love a option to set payment for teleport before entering a area (door fee) Teleporting to this location will cost L$10 if you accept, L$10 will be deducted from you L$ balance.

Something like that. Clubs, specialty regions and event organizers can claw back some funds and pay their employees from the door sales. People can still tip if they like but your door fee should cover it. Set it too high and bye bye customers set it too low and workers will still spam up my screen from gesturbating

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ananoelle said:

Lol my reasoning for wanting this would be to thwart the trolls from entering not  basic accounts in general. 

Since we dreaming, Id love a option to set payment for teleport before entering a area (door fee) Teleporting to this location will cost L$10 if you accept, L$10 will be deducted from you L$ balance.

Something like that. Clubs, specialty regions and event organizers can claw back some funds and pay their employees from the door sales. People can still tip if they like but your door fee should cover it. Set it too high and bye bye customers set it too low and workers will still spam up my screen from gesturbating

You can already do that I believe...runs off to check

Yesyou can on the land tab under access to

there is a sell passes to checkbox where you can price access by the hour to anyone or group members

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, KanryDrago said:

You can already do that I believe...runs off to check

Yesyou can on the land tab under access to

there is a sell passes to checkbox where you can price access by the hour to anyone or group members

Goes back into her corner for quiet time. Lol. Thanks though. It's been 6 months since I've seen so on PC. You forget things fast when not using them. Lumiya is great to keep in touch with people and see a few thing but not for anything else ... 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, ananoelle said:

Like how much included? 

I pay for my alts to be premium so I guess that's me including those accounts in premium perks

I don't mean all getting the stipend! And only one home....

Just the ability to tp into busy sims and premium sim access.

I have simple needs here so the land and building stuff is of no interest to me.

Maybe unused premium perks should be transferable........

• Like 2

On 6/5/2019 at 4:00 AM, Aethelwine said:

When they move to the cloud the main advantage I can think of is the possibility of "instanced" land becoming available Land that is remote from others, sim sized and secure. Only taking up server time resource when the owner arrives there maybe limited to the same prim allowance as a 1024m2 plot, with perhaps homestead avatar allowance. For those alienated by the lack of privacy on the new continent an option like this could be a perfect incentive for them to go premium. Attractive too for the sense of space it would allow, you could even use it for a race track or similar at reasonable cost without needing to pay for a homestead. A way down the road yet, but when we get the cloud this could be a huge incentive to go premium.

Yeah but I hate this.

4 minutes ago, Kyrah Abattoir said:
On 6/4/2019 at 10:00 PM, Aethelwine said:

Yeah but I hate this.

They could offer “instanced” land at a greatly reduced rate! I would support that, as I rarely log into my region.

I haven't been watching this thread much so someone may have already mentioned this, but right NOW (after a couple of months in) I would say that being able to get a Linden Home EASIER would be a big draw for Super Premium.   Not even a bigger lot (also a big draw) as it seems like Patch and the lab want to keep the Linden Homes as "starter homes" (yes, I have a screenshot of the comment but have pasted in a lot already so won't :D) -- but just the ability to get a regular 1024 one faster. 

I can't really think how that could be accomplished but since the website recognizes IF you are premium already and IF you have a home already, then it might not be too difficult to recognize that you are Super Premium Special and take you to a different page where there are selected homes claim.   Personally I think that having the "super premium plot" homes mixed in with the regular homes would be a better plan than some "super premium gated community vibe". So no one but the super premium user would know they got the lot easier. :SwingingFriends:

That's my too hot to sleep middle of the night for me comment :D. 

• Like 2

First of all, I think no matter how you slice it, Premium is about land. Gifts, stipends, more groups, and so forth aren’t anything you can’t manage without. If you want land and you don’t want a landlord middleman, you’re gonna need Premium and that’s really the only reason to get it. 

So if you want Premium to be more attractive, you need to make land more attractive. I’ve seen a lot of talk about more land, cheaper land, more LI, etc., but none of that matters if the land sucks and let’s be really clear that by almost any standard most of the mainland absolutely sucks. More of what sucks? It sucks, but at least it’s cheaper and you can put more stuff on it? No thanks. I’d go Premium for better land.

Bellisseria is nice if you want that particular experience but if you want to do your own thing you’re going to have to be patient for something decent to come along (or pay extortionate prices), otherwise you’re likely to be stuck with some landlocked patch of moonscape surrounded by ban lines and badly textured privacy walls.

I don’t think you need a lot of draconian rules to improve this situation. There are very good and desirable mainland areas. The Heterocera continent, for example, has very little abandoned land. There are parts of Satori, Jeogeot, and the Nautilus/Blake Sea area that are also very nice. What they all have in common are lots of protected land to reduce the number of landlocked parcels so you have less of other people’s stuff in your face, and (as a result) good access to roads and waterways which are what make the mainland interesting compared to private islands. Also, since people do move around more in these areas, I think land owners have more of a sense that their builds are in the public eye.

Others may feel differently but I’ve been on the verge of going Premium for a while and the prospect of a better mainland is what would do it for me. Otherwise, there’s no reason not to stay with Basic and pay rent on someone’s private island.

Edited by Osa Engawa
Clarification
  • Like 3

The only reason I pay for premium is to get the tier allotment. The added perks make it more attractive but I wouldn't pay for those perks. I can't really use the tier allotment on private land so that precludes me even wanting to use private estate land. So then I'm left with what do I use my tier on? Do I spend my precious tier on a regular parcel or do I cough up the money to buy a double prim parcel. Well for me it's a no brainer. I love prims ... lots and lots of shiny prims. So I bought double prim land. But mainland, even double prim lands, aren't as attractive as the new continent, Bellisseria, so now I have no desire to own regular mainland whether it's normal or double prim, except for my business because I can't have a business in Bellisseria. 

So, to make premium more attractive, I believe it must depend first on the quality of land available and the added incentives to make it harder to say,  "No, I don't need a premium account." I keep hearing people say that Bellisseria is meant to be starter homes and that the Lab doesn't intend for people to stay there for long periods of time, and that somehow people will outgrow a Linden Home. That may well be, but while I might enjoy a larger parcel and more prims, I'm not going to want to move to what I consider an ugly area to get more land and prims. I can't use my tier for private land so what's left? I'd rather stay put on Bellisseria, in my new Linden Home, because there's really nothing out there that makes me want to spend more money. 

So, to make premium more attractive mainland is going to have to be improved. The concept behind building Bellisseria is going to have to be applied to mainland. What is it about Bellisseria that makes it so attractive? Is it the actual structures? The homes, houseboats, trailers? I don't think so. It's the infrastructure, the topography, the community areas, the enforced covenant, the fluidity of moving to another parcel without having to sell your land or pay for another parcel. If those concepts could be applied to mainland I think people would jump to pay that premium fee.

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 3

Obviously this answer is dependant on price. If they up the price, I expect more. But to get $10 USD a month from me?

$400L per week

Unlimited groups (Well, I'll SETTLE for this being restricted to premium. This is a basic function in my mind, and if I am a premium user who owns a group, I am negatively impacted every time a user cannot join because they have no space. Anything more than $10 a month and please let me add to my group anyone and everyone who wishes to be there. Oh, and nobody needs to tell me of the technological challenges of this. That's LL's responsibility to fix).

The premium sandbox access is a feature I would enjoy.

The extended support they have already.

The preferred access and access to premium only places and events is fair

Message cap increase is reasonable

Transaction history - While I'd like to see 45 days basic at least, I'll take 90 as reasonable for premium

A linden home or a 1024 I can do what I like with is beyond fair.

Voice morphing and premium gifts I could do without.

I would pay more for things like:

- Untaxed business on marketplace

- a Region (I'd pay $50 per month for this, but not three figures per month. I don't judge anyone for dropping four figures a year on a region in SL, just don't even try explaining it to me)

• Like 1

I don’t understand how exclusive access to Premium content is supposed to be a selling point for anyone. Obviously I, as a free user, have never seen this content, so how do I know if I’ll like it? And there’s plenty of user created content that I can (and do) pay a premium (in lindens) for that does not require a fancy special account. Also every bit of LL created content I have seen has not really impressed me so I don’t know why this should be any different.

• Like 3

I already have multiple premium accounts, so, obviously, the current offering is attractive enough for me to buy it.

What would I like to see added, either to the current premium account or as an added-cost feature?

Better performance; this is way ahead of anything else in terms of something I'm willing to pay more for. I am so tired of waiting for things to rez. I wonder if it's possible to prioritize premium users when free and premium users are competing for server resources? If so, that's something I want;

Better inventory management tools;

More groups, new features that would make more groups less necessary;

A much higher limit on offline IMs;

More "free" land;

The option of buying an all-water region with a low land-impact limit for a much lower price (so we could sail past what is now the edge of the World;

Premium gifts that are actually worth having, i.e., include merchandise with the account that I would otherwise spend money for;

For me, any increase in the stipend makes the account more attractive, as I see it as a cash rebate.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Osa Engawa said:

If you want land and you don’t want a landlord middleman, you’re gonna need Premium and that’s really the only reason to get it. 

I own land with no middleman and I didn't need to be premium to get it. Sure, it costs a little more ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Osa Engawa said:

I don’t understand how exclusive access to Premium content is supposed to be a selling point for anyone. Obviously I, as a free user, have never seen this content, so how do I know if I’ll like it? And there’s plenty of user created content that I can (and do) pay a premium (in lindens) for that does not require a fancy special account. Also every bit of LL created content I have seen has not really impressed me so I don’t know why this should be any different.

One potential benefit is the fact that there are only paid users there. You won't encounter newbies, and you probably won't encounter griefers. One thing I did enjoy while on premium was access to premium sandboxes. They tended to be far less cluttered and ugly a work space. Content areas in my opinion are much less a selling point, but I would consider it a bonus if I did find something I liked.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1805 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.