A brief note on pricing changes, which ran long.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1791 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 hours ago, CoffeeDujour said:

I'm wondering what happens when "Super Premium" or whatever it's going to be called come out, are we about to pay to keep our membership rates static and then be faced with an upgrade option in a couple of months?

How will that all work out in the wash, are we just setting ourselves up for a dramatic step up in rates 18 months down the line.

for me the decision is pretty straight forward

I will be taking the prepay offer which will give me til end of January 2021 for another $US72.  What new Super Premium offer might be available then I will consider, til then I am not going to worry about it much at all

Edited by Mollymews
another
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

for me the decision is pretty straight forward

I will be taking the prepay offer which will give me til end of January 2021 for another $US72.  What new Super Premium offer might be available then I will consider, til then I am not going to worry about it much at all

i can't imagine they will keep you sticked to the "old" premium as soon the new one will be released

7 minutes ago, Fox Wijaya said:

i can't imagine they will keep you sticked to the "old" premium as soon the new one will be released

my costs won't change until January 2021.It may be $US99 then. It may be more. It might even by some miracle be less. Whichever it is I will decide then to renew or not depending on my finances at that time

• Like 1

Just now, Cain Maven said:

So I guess speaking up does matter sometimes. The Lab has decided not to cut the group count for Basic memberships after all :)

yes

lots of people made a factually-based case from their own perspective, for LL to retain the groups for basic members.  LL read all the different cases that were factually-based, listened and reconsidered. Good on Linden :)

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Fab news.  So does that mean people go back to clogging up the forums with.. where is my house whines posts?

i think I can make a case that cats get fatter and slower when we over feed them and they don't exercise and just sleep all day and night

obviously then, when we under feed them and deprive them of sleep they get skinnier and faster. Moles as well apparently so I hear. Soooo if we like starve them to pieces and keep them up all night then we all should be able to get a new Home by tomorrow, if not before midnight

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, CoffeeDujour said:

I'm wondering what happens when "Super Premium" or whatever it's going to be called come out, are we about to pay to keep our membership rates static and then be faced with an upgrade option in a couple of months?

How will that all work out in the wash, are we just setting ourselves up for a dramatic step up in rates 18 months down the line.

I wonder this too, although I haven't read all 42 pages of this thread so maybe it's revealed somewhere. The concern is, suppose I re-up my Premium accounts now to forestall the rate hike for another year, and suppose it turns out that the new Super Premium offer includes for free all the grid-scope Experiences I can eat so of course I must have it -- but what will become of my one-year grace period for the old rate when I want to upgrade to Super Premium?

If Super Premium is expensive enough, though, I suppose that US$ 99 - 72 = $27 savings will be beneath notice -- and if so I wouldn't be upgrading anyway.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

suppose I re-up my Premium accounts now to forestall the rate hike for another year, and suppose it turns out that the new Super Premium offer includes for free all the grid-scope Experiences I can eat so of course I must have it -- but what will become of my one-year grace period for the old rate when I want to upgrade to Super Premium?

this would cause me a dilemma as well. I would definitely want a grid-scope experience capability. Like you say it would depend on the price, and what if any upgrade path there might be

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Fox Wijaya said:

If we take the offer and add a new year before June 24th, they can not take that away. Well, they can, but should they? It is not very realistic.

I think we will be offered new Super Premium for a discount,  a certain period of time after the new Super Premium is launched. Add a payment of a few US, and get upgraded. But if you will upgrade after that introduction period, you must pay in full. What ever the new price will be. Since Old Premium is 99 US, I can guess it will be something like 120 US. But I am just throwing out a number. I am sure they have calculated how much they think the users can and will pay.

If I will bite, depends on what kind of land privileges (size, LI) that comes with Super versus Old. I do not pay more for some frilly groups or to be invited in some super special experiences.

I do not think LL will take away the 1024 m or the Linden Home options that the Premium have now. But it is very likely that they will not give Old a new developed Linden Home of some kind, be it bigger, better, more LI.

1 minute ago, Marianne Little said:

If we take the offer and add a new year before June 24th, they can not take that away. Well, they can, but should they? It is not very realistic.

I think we will be offered new Super Premium for a discount,  a certain period of time after the new Super Premium is launched. Add a payment of a few US, and get upgraded. But if you will upgrade after that introduction period, you must pay in full. What ever the new price will be. Since Old Premium is 99 US, I can guess it will be something like 120 US. But I am just throwing out a number. I am sure they have calculated how much they think the users can and will pay.

If I will bite, depends on what kind of land privileges (size, LI) that comes with Super versus Old. I do not pay more for some frilly groups or to be invited in some super special experiences.

I do not think LL will take away the 1024 m or the Linden Home options that the Premium have now. But it is very likely that they will not give Old a new developed Linden Home of some kind, be it bigger, better, more LI.

nobody is talking about taking premium perks away as far i see it, but the wondering was about the renewing for an extra term at the same price and the new premium level that's comming,  my remark is in this context: a possibility to upgrade to the new premium level, even when you signed up for the longer term at current costs.

2 hours ago, Digit Gears said:

Personally, the first thing I'd put on the chopping block of being disabled by default is that land group fee thing, if there's anything in groups that 90% don't use, it's that.

you mean the group liabilities?... sorry but for groups with incomes thats a very usefull feature.

37 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

yes

lots of people made a factually-based case from their own perspective, for LL to retain the groups for basic members.  LL read all the different cases that were factually-based, listened and reconsidered. Good on Linden :)

No it's called shutting up the loudest voices by giving them back something that doesn't cost anything. Cashout fees are still doubling and premiums are still gonna cost more.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Digit Gears said:

Also, something else I was wondering, and I don't know if it's been explained or answered yet, why is quarterly being discontinued?

quite a few others have asked about this on here also.  Unless I missed it, no Linden has commented on why its no longer going to be offered to new accounts after 24 June

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kyrah Abattoir said:

No it's called shutting up the loudest voices by giving them back something that doesn't cost anything. Cashout fees are still doubling and premiums are still gonna cost more.

yes it can be put that way as well

Grumpity Linden has said that LL are now going to allocate more budget into groups work than they had planned to with the basic member group reduction.  There is some cost for Linden in doing this

Edited by Mollymews
than
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mollymews said:

Grumpity Linden has said that LL are now going to allocate more budget into groups work than they than had planned to with the basic member group reduction.  There is some cost for Linden in doing this

Words don't cost anything :P

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Kyrah Abattoir said:

And private regions are still gonna cost less.

25 minutes ago, Fox Wijaya said:

nobody is talking about taking premium perks away as far i see it, but the wondering was about the renewing for an extra term at the same price and the new premium level that's comming,  my remark is in this context: a possibility to upgrade to the new premium level, even when you signed up for the longer term at current costs.

Yes, a Linden stated that we can sign up for the longest term, a full new year for 72 L, and will be offered the upgrade when it comes.

😃

I can't go back so many pages, but I am pretty sure I read it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Since I'm still behind in this thread - way, way behind - not sure if someone mentioned this, but I'm not sure how that is a benefit.  Right now, whether I am premium or not, I can have a half dozen or more alts.

The idea there was offering alternative premium subscriptions. A Linden already said there's some backend stuff that we can't see that would make doing alacarte premium extremely difficult. I can accept that.

I'm just saying, maybe there should be some kind of plan that is specifically for business owners. Not literally, three free alts, maybe three free alts that are attached to the premium account that also have a higher group limit? Something that would be attractive to business owners. Ultimately, LL has the data, they would know what works out best. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Grumpity Linden said:

Really great to hear that you've changed your mind and decided not to go ahead with some of the planned changes.
Although personally would have preferred the new basic limit to be 40 or 50 in stead of 42 because of mild OCD ;)

I do hope you still reconsider the rather draconian increase in fees or at least spread this over a few years in stead of in one go.
After all it will take quite some effort to get away with raising the rent in my 1920s tenements or increase the price of drinks in my bar.
Last time I did that there were riots.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Patch Linden said:
On 5/30/2019 at 9:28 AM, Saturday Melody said:

Maybe people who haven't subscribed would be more enthusiastic if the result of a missed payment were not a frozen account. I simply cannot take the risk that something will go wrong with my payment and I will be locked out of the commitments I have inworld, that's an OP negative for me. Busted back to freebie account? Sure, I can work with that. Frozen out? Nope.

@Saturday Melody I'm not sure where this is coming from, as there is no risk here as you describe.  We don't freeze or lock you out of your account due to a missed payment immediately.  In fact, you have 30 days to rectify the situation

I don't understand why someone's account would be locked or frozen at all...why wouldn't they just be downgraded to basic automatically?

Edited by Luna Bliss

5 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I don't understand why someone's account would be locked or frozen at all...why wouldn't they just be downgraded to basic automatically?

Too many reasons and risks to just downgrade to basic automatically. If you had a Linden Home and let's say a few mainland parcels, 100's or even 1,000's of objects on these parcels. would you want all the land seized and your objects returned? And then there's the business aspect, the income loss for those people who get that free month before the land is seized and objects returned. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1791 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.