A brief note on pricing changes, which ran long.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1796 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Frankie Antonioni said:

LET VERIFIED BASIC ACCOUNTS OWN 512 SQ METERS OF LAND.

Ok, if a person has a basic, but verified account, then they can own 512 sq. meters of land. They will get no stipend, and no live support. The only way for them to deed the land to a group, is if they own the group. And only one parcel of land can be deeded to the group. If they are offline for 6 moths, or more, then they lose the land. So if the person is going to be offline for a long period of time, then they should sell the land. They also can't buy land on the auctions.Also can't buy land from LL.

YOU CAN!

You can rent a 512sqm slice of the pie from one of the many land barons out there private island or mainland and deed your group. 

Basic already get no stipend part of everything you have request is already in place. 

11 minutes ago, AnnetteMeadows said:

instead of taking away something that we already had and are use to (42 groups) and making so many people leave slwhen traffic seems to be slowing anyways....heres an idea for LL to help save "resources"! why not delete anything not sold or used or rezzed in sl since before 2007? 2010? omg every time you look on mp is way outdated thiings that im pretty sure noone buys thats just taking space on servers. and with a small program searching uuids im very sure this is completely possible. instead of ruining sl and making so many just get tired of less for more

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-227067 

I already recommended this change / fix.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

@AnnetteMeadows and @polysail

LL have recently started a Marketplace cleaning program.  Blog notice here

thats awesome! yay!  but still why drive away people from sl when it already seems to be slowing??? and in reply to someone else comment earlier , so noone should comment or protest the banksters on many countries that all of a sudden your food or commodities doubled in price? or when you get 5 snickers bars in a pack instead of 10, then 8, then 6, now 5? people have every right to protest unsound business tactics taking away things they already had and were promised! or to boycott or in case of sl, quit . 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loss_aversion

and really? (to another comment earlier) how much real space do the 0s and 1s linking to all the groups amount to? ( Twitter “needed just 20 terabytes to back up every tweet that's ever existed… that's about twice the estimated size of the print collection of the Library of Congress.” LINK. “A TB, or terabyte, is about 1.05 million MB. All the data in the American Library of Congress amounts to 15 TB.)

Edited by AnnetteMeadows

27 minutes ago, ananoelle said:

YOU CAN!

You can rent a 512sqm slice of the pie from one of the many land barons out there private island or mainland and deed your group. 

Basic already get no stipend part of everything you have request is already in place. 

I'm talking about the ability to own land on the mainland. There would be no premium, or tier to pay. But there would be a land transaction fee. It would be 25% for 512 sq. meters. This would make the price of land to go up. While land barons would be somewhat hurt, they can raise the price of the land that they are selling. And demand for land would be high. So land barons would make even more money from selling land. And LL would also be making more money.

1 minute ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

They just addressed the thing most complained about, and still criticism and complaints? Come on. 

We just need to post cute images, it is the only way to appease everyone :)

Hippo.thumb.jpg.5689cad72064016a84b68379dab579ec.jpg

No one can possibly be upset after seeing that image, if they are, we must throw them in the volcano :)

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

• Lindens
1 minute ago, WillowTenage said:

We just need to post cute images, it is the only way to appease everyone :)

Hippo.thumb.jpg.5689cad72064016a84b68379dab579ec.jpg

No one can possibly be upset after seeing that image, if they are, we must throw them in the volcano :)

DAWWWWW HIPPOBABY 

/me melts

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

20 minutes ago, Grumpity Linden said:

Thank you for this.  It's really appreciated.  Maybe only take 5 offlines away from basic.  I would like not losing any but I know things happen.  Like I mentioned in an earlier post (page 19 or so) that them going to email is fine if it's a message but dropped notecards and things will be lost easily.  

1 minute ago, Ripley Rozenberg said:

Thank you for this.  It's really appreciated.  Maybe only take 5 offlines away from basic.  I would like not losing any but I know things happen.  Like I mentioned in an earlier post (page 19 or so) that them going to email is fine if it's a message but dropped notecards and things will be lost easily.  

😂😂😂 still wanting more. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Grumpity Linden said:

Woo !  Thank you for listening, and staying up till midnight reading forum posts from angry people!  It's amazing to have people who care about the platform, it's also amazing to have Lindens who are willing to stay up until midnight dealing with angry customers just to listen to us.  Thank you again !

• Like 4

• Lindens
1 minute ago, polysail said:

Woo !  Thank you for listening, and staying up till midnight reading forum posts from angry people!  It's amazing to have people who care about the platform, it's also amazing to have Lindens who are willing to stay up until midnight dealing with angry customers just to listen to us.  Thank you again !

3am, actually ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

12 hours ago, River Abonwood said:

@Killer Perhaps -- Adult places do have their own category -- Its called Nightlife & Entertainment.

Nightlife and Entertainment from what I recall is also where people are supposed to list other events, like clubbing or dress up events. So, not quite. Some list in Live Music now I guess, but from what I remember that was supposed to be more for Live Singers. 

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

I would like everyone who participated in this discussion to please remember that, Linden Lab did not do this out of obligation. They compromised purely out of good faith. 

Let's please never abuse this so, when we really need to relay our feedback, the developers hear us with the same clarity and intent as they did today. 

If our goal is to be genuinely heard, then we need to also genuinely listen when they tell us something was absolutely necessary. We can't be always skeptical and expect to be taken to heart at the same time. 

• Like 10

5 hours ago, Fox Wijaya said:

group owners can delete people very fast and easy, last logins are shown in the memberlists, there's no need to involve LL in that.

I know this, but they make it like there couldn't be any fix for inactive people. And I didn't meant the ones on the groups, but if those inactive people that don't play anymore they should be made inactive by LL and inform the owner of the account about it, and when they return they can get it back. Then there will be no more inactive groups from inactive people and/or inactive people since there's so much fuss about. 

With the changes made to Bellissaria (air strip, eliminating ban lines, reigning in orbs, etc.) and then this, it's pretty clear that LL is listening to its users and I think we all ought to appreciate that. I know I am. 

I just wish I did not have to make a decision about re-upping premium so soon. My renewal date isn't until next year. And, truthfully, I have been starting to think more and more about not renewing at all. Bellissaria is awesome. But I can't get in there. I'm stuck in the rest of the mainland. And more and more I feel like a prisoner on the land I own because leaving it is like walking around in a minefield thanks to all the orbs and ban lines. Premium has benefits no doubt. But I also don't feel comfortable paying for that prisoner-esque experience. So I have been weighing a decision slowly. And now I have to make that decision quickly.

I think I'm leaning toward re-upping for another year. But then turning off the auto-renewal to make sure I don't automatically get locked in if nothing changes. But . . . every year's renewal is a decision. A price up is even more a decision. And some pretty significant negatives to go along with the pretty significant positives have made it no longer a no-brainer decision. 

I've read that there are more premium benefits coming. I imagine it would help those of us making that decision a great deal to have some idea what those additional benefits are so that we can weigh them when making the decision. I'd imagine that they probably weigh in favor of paying in for another year. But in the absence of knowing at least some general info about them, none of us who are making these decisions can consider them either for or against re-upping.

Edited by Female Winslet
Added last point
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1796 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.