Jump to content
Sylvia Tamalyn

New homes, new price

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Damian Mills said:

This would hold water in my mind if it were just a rollout issue but it's not.  I went premier about a year ago.  When I did so, supply of the OLD Linden  Homes was terribly limited. They are STILL terribly limited.  I did not end up with the home I wanted despite these homes being copy & paste and them having more than a decade to bring supply up to demand.

Once it awhile I have seen that there is a particular model of the Meadowbrook homes or of the Tahoe A-frames that has been out of stock for a short time, but I've eventually always been able to get the model of A-frame that I wanted.  Generally though I was looking for an Elderglen theme or the Japanese theme house, and I don't think I ever saw when one of those models was out of stock temporarily at the various times I've had a LH in the past 5 years.   

Recently, it's just been the Grayson that I've seen come and go frequently, and I thought that was due to all the new premiums trying to get a linden home, as it's the first option usually when the brand new homes aren't available.   

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I'm puzzled why you can't just abandon and retry until you get a location you like, like everyone else does. I've had Linden homes off and on for the past 9 years, and never found this to be an issue.

Of course I can.  I could go ahead and get an autorefresh script and could probably automate the entire process.  But I won't.  Frankly, it's simply not how I'm used to receiving "service" or buying a "product".  Aside from being offensive, it's also just way more trouble than it's worth to me.

What that means to LL is that I will go without the benefits and that may or may not affect my likelihood of resubscribing.  More urgently (in my mind), it's a thing they really ought to be looking at.  Man, if I was trying to roll out a new product, I would certainly not say, "OK, now in order to get this product, go install a browser add-on and configure it then sit at your computer poised to frantically hit the enter key praying that you'll get something."  Does that seriously sound reasonable to you.

Then, of course, comes the question of desirability.  Let's suppose they kick me out of my current home.  Because LL really doesn't seem to give a moment's thought to what people actually want, as I noted in my previous post, I'll be scraping the dregs of the barrel when I eventually get something.... just as I was when I got my current home.

Are these surmountable obstacles?  Obviously.  Would I personally think of it as a good idea to implement those sort of hurdles coupled with a nearly guaranteed crappy product delivery for a service I was running?  No. 

Then again, I'm not running LL right now so it's just one opinion.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/18/2019 at 12:13 PM, Leninah said:

 

Well I wasn’t asking for one of ‘your’ parcels, just for you to prove your claim that it was no trouble to find equivalent use in mainland for the 1,024 sqm tier. I’m not at all surprised you decline 😊

 

I’m not ‘complaining’ either I’m asking for a date when these will be available. Perfectly reasonable thing to do. I am paying the subscription fee too, but I don’t see why asking for an idea when the new homes will be available for all that want them will be is such sacrilege to so many!

 

I hear Maggie and realize the reality of this situation is its not going to change, the new homes will arrive if and when LL get around to it, and nothing is really going to expedite that. That's not good, its pretty poor to be honest, but that doesn't mean we aren't entitled to point that out.

@Leninah 1024 roadside L$4,500 and very nice.  I drove past it yesterday.

87965119ae2703c7a567adf58a1b145d.jpg

1024 beach lot, L$4,000 on open sailable water

d6bd26494d067d20818adce5dd934be6.png

That took me less than a minute and there are well over 50 more I spotted in the last week and I'm not even looking to acquire more, these just appear on the World Map as I sail or drive around and I happened to remember these because they had attractive homes in nice areas.  Everything worth doing takes time, whether it be shopping for property or building unique property or hitting the refresh key until one appears.  There are also countless $40 +/-  per week rental skyboxes you can live in in the meantime if you abandon an old LL home to wait for a new property.

I suspect you haven't actually put much effort into supporting your opinion past stating that you have decided that someone needs to be blamed for doing something that you imagine could have been done better.

36 minutes ago, Damian Mills said:

Are these surmountable obstacles?  Obviously.  Would I personally think of it as a good idea to implement those sort of hurdles coupled with a nearly guaranteed crappy product delivery for a service I was running?  No. 

Then again, I'm not running LL right now so it's just one opinion.

 

Come and participate in the process of creation and meet the people you imagine could be doing a better job and see if you still feel the same way.  Bellisseria is open and welcomes everyone to visit and explore and offer suggestions and ideas and ask questions, so there's really no need to imagine someone is being treated unfairly or paying for something they aren't receiving when you can simply just come and see for yourself and actually do that missing research to support your opinion. 🙂

Edited by BJoyful
mq
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BJoyful said:

Come and participate in the process of creation and meet the people you imagine could be doing a better job and see if you still feel the same way.

I think I'll just wait and see what I eventually end up with.  If I'm being overly pessimistic then, Hey!  It's great to be wrong.  But I wasn't able to get my first or second pick of styles much less locations in the Linden Home I have.  From my quick trip around Bellisaria, I doubt it'll be different in the new homes.

I will say this though, I do very much approve of them trying to build communities rather than just houses sandwiched in together.  For a while I was looking for a family oriented town for exactly that reason.  I didn't find one that actually had any people in it but still, I would've liked that.  My current "community" typically has 0 or 1 person other than myself in it and we never see each other.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BJoyful said:

I suspect you haven't actually put much effort into supporting your opinion past stating that you have decided that someone needs to be blamed for doing something that you imagine could have been done better.

I have put a lot of effort into finding a reasonable use for my Linden home/free tier benefit, your 'suspicion' isn't accurate there. The debate about whether I'm 'blaming' or trying to have a critical but constructive debate is circular and pretty tired now. Anyway, I had thought we'd killed this off as it wasn't doing anything constructive anymore. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

P.S. Thanks for taking the time to look those out and post them for me though, I did look at them both. The first wasn't too bad just surroundings aren't as good as a Linden home, and the second is a water plot and not what I'd call 'beach plot' or again anywhere close to a Linden home, but that's not to criticize, I appreciate the attempt to help :) 

 

Beach Lot.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Damian Mills said:

... Man, if I was trying to roll out a new product, I would certainly not say, "OK, now in order to get this product, go install a browser add-on and configure it then sit at your computer poised to frantically hit the enter key praying that you'll get something."  Does that seriously sound reasonable to you...

It does sound VERY reasonable if you look at it the other way round. They are not "selling" you the Linden Homes but a whole package of advantages of which the (new) home is only ONE. By letting them out in little bunches from time to time while they are building more, they feed you little appetizers and make your mouth water for more. If you do NOT suscribe for Premium you'll NEVER get one of the new Homes - and if you do not NOW suscribe for a whole year,  it will be drastically more expensive.

This way they made me - who had been in SL since 2007 and (nearly) never been Premium at all - give them about 500 US$ (!!!!) just lately to make me and six alts premium for a year! ;) ... That's what I call good marketing!

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Leninah said:

Anyway, I had thought we'd killed this off as it wasn't doing anything constructive anymore. 

hehe unless LL kill it, it is very much open for debate. 1, 2, 3 years down the line someone will comment and so it carries on.

no hate, just stating it will never die without Linden intervention.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

 ... That's what I call good marketing!

Yeah, that. Sometimes I think people forget that LL is running a business.

I made 6 premium accounts when they increased free tier to 1024. Never been premium before. Good marketing, that too.

I think that, and new homes, is good marketing. Someone know what they are doing, after stagnating on 512 m for so many years.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

500 US$ (!!!!) just lately to make me and six alts premium for a year! ;) 

Me vs you 😂😂

QvqXR4HYAqZgs9tdkl.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, ananoelle said:

hehe unless LL kill it, it is very much open for debate. 1, 2, 3 years down the line someone will comment and so it carries on.

no hate, just stating it will never die without Linden intervention.

A more convincing case for euthanasia I've yet to see! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Damian Mills said:

Of course I can.  I could go ahead and get an autorefresh script and could probably automate the entire process.  But I won't.  Frankly, it's simply not how I'm used to receiving "service" or buying a "product".  Aside from being offensive, it's also just way more trouble than it's worth to me.

What that means to LL is that I will go without the benefits and that may or may not affect my likelihood of resubscribing.  More urgently (in my mind), it's a thing they really ought to be looking at.  Man, if I was trying to roll out a new product, I would certainly not say, "OK, now in order to get this product, go install a browser add-on and configure it then sit at your computer poised to frantically hit the enter key praying that you'll get something."  Does that seriously sound reasonable to you.

Then, of course, comes the question of desirability.  Let's suppose they kick me out of my current home.  Because LL really doesn't seem to give a moment's thought to what people actually want, as I noted in my previous post, I'll be scraping the dregs of the barrel when I eventually get something.... just as I was when I got my current home.

Are these surmountable obstacles?  Obviously.  Would I personally think of it as a good idea to implement those sort of hurdles coupled with a nearly guaranteed crappy product delivery for a service I was running?  No. 

Then again, I'm not running LL right now so it's just one opinion.

I did not have to use an autorefresh script, and I got a houseboat in only a couple of days. I did not spend all day at the computer, either, because I have a job in RL. Many others did NOT use a script. In fact, some folks have stated they had better luck NOT using the script. 

There are no "dregs" to Bellisseria and I don't know why you would think there are. On the contrary, IMO, each new batch of homes that is added is better than the one before.

Right now,  you are getting exactly the same benefits you have been happy enough to pay for up until now, with the option through this weekend of renewing at the same price for another term. But yes, you do have the choice to not renew if you think it has suddenly become a bad deal because another home option has been added to the package. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Leora Jacobus said:

Well and who wins? How many premium alts do YOU have? ;)

Oh you take the W by miles .. I'm the guy in the gif not the chick lol 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Damian Mills said:

But I wasn't able to get my first or second pick of styles much less locations in the Linden Home I have.  From my quick trip around Bellisaria, I doubt it'll be different in the new homes.

Do you know about the mailbox rezzer system?  It will allow you to choose any of the 4 models (styles) of Home in that Theme on each parcel and you can switch them as often as you wish without needing to abandon the land.  The same goes for the Houseboats, any of 4 may be chosen by clicking the Life Preserver and switched at any time and I presume will also be the same sort of rezzer system for the newest Theme of campers/trailers revealed at the SLB16 Regions.  There are also resident owned homes which have been made available to use by anyone visiting Bellisseria as RP B&Bs (for no actual rental fee).

There are convenient rezzer systems (one of which is free from CasperTech on MP) which will allow you to pack your furniture layout and re-rezz it in the same position so that can make packing and moving very easy, whether saved room by room or the entire house layout, you can decide and experiment with different models.  There are also a plethora of Resident made Add-Ons available on MP which will count against your LI allowance but will offer you many additional ways to expand or modify the house models.  More of these are added nearly daily according to my MP searches and discussions in the various Bellisseria Groups and websites.

Edited by BJoyful
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, BJoyful said:

Do you know about the mailbox rezzer system?  It will allow you to choose any of the 4 models (styles) of Home in that Theme on each parcel and you can switch them as often as you wish without needing to abandon the land.

No,  I did not.  And that makes a pretty big difference in how I view things.  That means fundamentally I can almost certainly get the house style I want.  Insofar as location, I don't leave the interior of my house right now due to location.  I don't think ANYTHING in Bellisaria could be worse and most of it is significantly better.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Regarding rezzers, yes, I've used them before and consistently gotten spotty resullts.  It's only a linden home and there aren't that many things in it.  I don't mind packing up.  What I mind is packing up, becoming homeless, then waiting some indefinite period of time jumping through stupid hoops to get a new home.  From what you've said I needn't do that.  I can just wait till availability is actually up to snuff and just find a parcel that's doable somewhere.

Edited by Damian Mills
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Leninah said:

The first wasn't too bad just surroundings aren't as good as a Linden home, and the second is a water plot and not what I'd call 'beach plot' or again anywhere close to a Linden home, but that's not to criticize, I appreciate the attempt to help :)

Those were found in less than a minute, and only noticed because I went past with my Map open in the last day or two, so I'm sure there are many more which could better suit your needs.  Perhaps you could consider hiring a Buyer's Agent Realtor (or whatever they are called in SL) to search for you but if they are the same as RL, you will have to pay them a commission. 🙂

Edited by BJoyful
gmr, sp
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Right now,  you are getting exactly the same benefits you have been happy enough to pay for up until now, with the option through this weekend of renewing at the same price for another term. But yes, you do have the choice to not renew if you think it has suddenly become a bad deal because another home option has been added to the package.

... and since I locked in another year, I will continue to get those benefits at the same price for another year and change.  Any disgruntlement I might have is only looking down the road and my complaints have more to do with how they are delivering their premium service in general and the desire they review things.  From what BJoyful has said, they already have made substantial changes I was unaware of (yay).

At this point I don't really have anything else to whine about.  I think I'll just wait to see how it plays out and with some guarded optimism on the topic.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forgive me for venting about the housing situation because I know its only one portion of the upgrades and there will be more out eventually etc. But as a premium member for over a decade who has stuck around and eagerly awaited for something like this its very frustrating that the email notice about premium and the housing didn't even come until after all the houses had already been gone for weeks. So those who have never had premium before but signed up at the right time got new houses and those of us who have been waiting patiently for years are reduced to refreshing like crazy for weeks or wait until more are released. All while paying premium prices in addition to now being homeless so that I will be free to accept a new home should I happen to be lucky enough to catch one or more come out. Its even more disheartening to see people trying to snap up more homes on their alts as well while alot of us still have nothing. Hopefully "soon" comes before the excitement is completely gone. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CallieCode said:

So those who have never had premium before but signed up at the right time got new houses and those of us who have been waiting patiently for years are reduced to refreshing like crazy for weeks or wait until more are released. 

Premium member for years. Got a houseboat within the first hour of the first release. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Yeah, that. Sometimes I think people forget that LL is running a business.

I made 6 premium accounts when they increased free tier to 1024. Never been premium before. Good marketing, that too.

I think that, and new homes, is good marketing. Someone know what they are doing, after stagnating on 512 m for so many years.

I agree, I am like most who have way more than 2 premium account. I have 7 when I did the math it just works out more logically even with the new price increases. I have  had 4-7 for over 11 years. All the  recent changes in the past few years  only made me stop wavering and more confident in m y belief that for my needs and consumption in secondlife warranted those paid accounts. In all reality I am extremely frugal, I cant see me paying the cost of a full SIM, I didn't see the same benefit.

Being in world for so long, I have learned that  things will work  out work close to promised or forecasted, you just have to be patient with linden labs if you know YOU plan on being in s SL long term. If you a flighty person whom is continuously pondering if you want to be in SL, I can see why slow turn around would be fustationing to you.

Edited by MaidenHu
typo spelling
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, CallieCode said:

So those who have never had premium before but signed up at the right time got new houses and those of us who have been waiting patiently for years are reduced to refreshing like crazy for weeks or wait until more are released.

 

Premium for almost three years. I also got a Linden Home with the first batch

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'm sure I would have too if I had known about the release before it happened instead of after. It's not about how long you have been premium, its about having notice in the first place. 

 

Edited by CallieCode
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It wasn't a secret. It had been talked about in these forums for months, and the announcement was on our Dashboards. I wasn't even reading the forums at the time but saw it on the Dashboard and got one the first night.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CallieCode said:

I'm sure I would have too if I had known about the release before it happened instead of after.

 

I had no idea new homes were even under consideration or that LL had been working on a new continent for almost a year until after the release. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...