New homes, new price

Sylvia Tamalyn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1766 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have not created 'SL continents' no this is true, however I have a good deal of experience creating software and applications in various technologies and commercial applications, so whilst of course I may be wrong, I don't believe I am wrong in saying if you build something for a user base and want it to grow you should be able to scale it up. I mean that's understandable at any level surely?

I didn't mean to 'annoy' you, however if my having and expressing an opinion that differs from yours is going to annoy you, you need to chill out a bit maybe :)

One of the interesting things occurring because more homes are currently being added into some of the empty areas of the new continent, we actually get a chance to peek in and watch the Moles transform an empty region into a fully landscaped, parceled and 'housed' region.  If you glance through the last several pages of the "SSP" thread in this forum, you can see pictures that others have taken of the work currently in progress for the next release, along with map pictures showing the new regions and some of the names of regions just given official names in the last week or so.  

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Leninah said:

I have not created 'SL continents' no this is true, however I have a good deal of experience creating software and applications in various technologies and commercial applications, so whilst of course I may be wrong, I don't believe I am wrong in saying if you build something for a user base and want it to grow you should be able to scale it up. I mean that's understandable at any level surely?

I didn't mean to 'annoy' you, however if my having and expressing an opinion that differs from yours is going to annoy you, you need to chill out a bit maybe :)

Why would a virtual world scale up in the same way other software does? Virtual worlds are very different.

I have never seen more clearly WHY LL does not listen to us, until this section of the forum. The blame-finders enter in using only THEIR experience as a reference point, without the faintest awareness that their experience doesn't speak for everyone or every facet of a project.

It has caused those who might have had very good input regarding how LL should proceed not to be heard -- this is likely the source of why LL often seems to not know what their customers want.

Add to this those who can't deal with pain without finding somebody else to trash and blame (can't see you're doing this here though I've certainly seen it with others who didn't get their home immediately, although it's possible your displeasure over not getting what you want causes you to only see the negative aspects of the 'other side').

Anyway, if all this is not annoying I don't know what would be.

Going back to my flowers...or maybe the 'pet peeves' thread...or maybe I'll start a rant thread about the lack of empathy in the world..

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Leninah said:

I wasn't making an issue of VAT it has been applied consistently to old and new prices. 

1 hour ago, AngieRath said:

Now it's dawned on me. Tyvm! Unfortunately it's too late now. ;(

And ... I don't have  problems with VAT, btw

Then why keep bringing it up as though Linden Lab should take that into consideration when deciding to raise the fees? Leave it out of the discussion please.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:
58 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

maybe I'll start a rant thread about the lack of empathy in the world..

But..but..shouldn’t you be having empathy for those who are not ready to understand yet?

I do have empathy for innocent people who simply don't know what they don't know.
But if some such person tries to hurt others via blaming, scapegoating, or generally being unwilling to entertain the viewpoint of the other side after repeated attempts to get them to see it.....
well...if I'm exhibiting those qualities I hope somebody gives me a gentle 'knock on the nogin' instead of a smile...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Leninah said:

@Innula No I don’t think I misstate the position. Two premium account holders pay the same and don’t get the same benefits they are both paying for, and both want. Not through choice but through lack of availability. That’s not the same level of service at all. Nor do I pretend that prices don’t go up of course they do but what else do you buy or pay for that’s gone up 46.5% in one hit? Yes I’m complaining that I’m being asked to pay that much more for something I can’t have or even know when I will get it, of course I am.

I would say that you and I are in exactly the same position, in that we both enjoy the same benefits and level of service -- we can both have a Linden Home if we want one and there's one available.   The only difference is that you want one and I don't, at least not at the moment, but if I did, we'd be competing for one on a level playing field.

Do you feel similarly aggrieved that that you can't find an affordable and vacant property in Bay City on which you could use your tier?   Seems to me a comparable situation.

Anyway, regardless of what you or I may think, the fact of the matter is that people who think that, after the price increases, premium membership is no longer worthwhile always have the option to revert to free membership.    LL and the Moles are working as fast as they can to make more Linden Homes available, and doubtless they will in the no too far distant future.

If you choose to (and if you're in a position to, of course) you could always lock into today's rates for up to a year if you extend your membership within the next few days -- whatever the deadline is -- during which time you'll be enjoying exactly the same facilities you have enjoyed previously as a premium member at exactly the same cost you have hitherto considered worth paying, and you'll have a whole year to try to bag a Linden Home. I guess I'm seeing the cup as half full and you're seeing it as half empty, but I don't think LL is likely to change its decision.    If you don't think it's worth paying the extra or extending your membership, then you don't need to.   If you decide to stick with it, then I wish you good luck with Bellissaria, and hope you soon find what you want there.

Edited by Innula Zenovka
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, Leninah said:

Yes, but we're not talking about creating software here.   We're talking about people using software to create things.   One of the great reasons -- at least to my mind, and it's a view that's clearly shared by many -- that Bellissaria is so much more popular than the old Linden homes is precisely that it's an artisanal product, as it were, with each region built by hand, rather than a modular, mass produced, one like Horizons, which is built from modular and easily repeatable units.    

What you suggest would completely change the nature of the build, or so it seems to me, and risk losing, or at least compromising, one of the elements that makes Bellissaria so special and attractive for many people

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Leninah said:

I have no Linden home at the moment (current process is you need to abandon your existing first, which is another irritation), although as the major benefit of premium, I am still paying for it and now a huge percentage more for NOT having it too, which is not really satisfactory. Like many other multiple premium account holders, I will be cutting back some accounts too as this is going on too long with no end in sight.

This to me is one of the most frustrating aspects of the current situation... you cannot really enjoy one of the current perks of premium membership while hoping to snag a new Linden Home.

This does seem to me to add much to the exasperation for those waiting.

It is particularly difficult if you currently have some mainland with your "free" tier allowance.

It probably would be too much to expect for this to be changed so that you are able to ABANDON your tier holding only at the time you "sign" for a new Linden Home... 

Emma :)

• Like 1

@Luna It’s a bit much to say I’m trying to hurt people or blaming or scapegoating or not entertaining the viewpoint of the other side, really?

I am questioning whether LL is treating all customers fairly. I’m being constructive. I suggested why not tie the new charges into when people can get all of the promised and undelivered benefits. I understand the other viewpoints but that doesn’t mean I have to agree with them. This is partly what a forum is for isn’t it the exchange of ideas and opinions, preferably without the unpleasantness of personal attacks, or so I thought anyway.

@Innula Thinking about that. I think along the lines of if you want it, it’s offered and you pay for it, you should be able to have it, not just the random chance of having it, and you still pay for it even if you aren’t lucky enough to get it. I take your point though.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:
3 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

well...if I'm exhibiting those qualities I hope somebody gives me a gentle 'knock on the nogin' instead of a smile...

I tried. You told me to shut up. 

There are certain types of people I'd accept correction or criticism from -- you would not be among them. Mostly because you've never made any effort understand just why I told you to "please shut up".

2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

There are certain types of people I'd accept correction or criticism from -- you would not be among them. Mostly because you've never made any effort understand just why I told you to "please shut up".

See, I think the same about how you handled the situation... you never made an effort to see any other point of view, yet I never resorted to telling you to shut up. Pot, meet Kettle.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Leninah said:

@Luna It’s a bit much to say I’m trying to hurt people or blaming or scapegoating or not entertaining the viewpoint of the other side, really?

I am questioning whether LL is treating all customers fairly. I’m being constructive.

I was talking generally about some of the people who have been upset about not getting Linden homes, mostly the ones who have said scathing things about LL (trying to defraud us and the like), and even about forum posters who had homes (someone likened us to the authoritarian pigs in Animal Farm who 'got ours' so didn't care about them).
You never became that bad, but I thought you were overly critical of LL by saying they weren't treating you like an adult, saying the design is flawed, and mainly not understanding the hard work they are accomplishing as you expressed it should be so easy to complete the task. Sure, you can voice your opinion, but it might be nice if you showed you'd like to understand where LL & the Moles are coming from instead of labeling their efforts as a failure.

18 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

See, I think the same about how you handled the situation... you never made an effort to see any other point of view, yet I never resorted to telling you to shut up. Pot, meet Kettle.

Well lets see if we can resolve this in a civil manner then.

I've always seen LL's point -- I've always believed the cashout fee increase is presently okay, but  that I fear increasing cuts might not be. But, I had feelings about this, about the hardships it might cause myself and others. You kept trying to shut those feelings up, you wouldn't even allow me or others to express what this might mean for us, and is why I told you to "please shut up".

* somehow you interpreted expressing those feelings of what the decreasing income meant for me as me saying what LL did is wrong or not understanding they have a 'business to run' and the like..

* I mean you went straight to your bootstrap speech and accusing people of "wallowing' if they had feelings you weren't prepared to hear --  apparently they needed to shut up those feelings right then and there at that moment!

Edited by Luna Bliss

Going to go ahead and put this right here and take the blame and/or credit for derailing the an argument with another argument... lol!

download.jpeg.a306c44eb00e98305aeb3c30755a6c6a.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Well lets see if we can resolve this in a civil manner then.

I've always seen LL's point -- I've always believed the cashout fee increase is presently okay, but that I feared increasing cuts might not be. But, I had feelings about this, about the hardships it might cause myself and others. You kept trying to shut those feelings up, you wouldn't even allow me or others to express what this might mean for us, and is why I told you to "please shut up".

* somehow you interpreted expressing those feelings of what the decreasing income meant for me as me saying what LL did is wrong.

It absolutely sucks that the fees are being raised, for both any who cashes out and also for LL. The point I was trying to make is that I believe consumers will cover the fees if merchants increase prices, and you (and others) kept telling me that I didn't know what I was talking about without knowing a thing about who I am or what knowledge I have. If LL raises the fees to 30%, as has been speculated by lots but as far as I know, never once mentioned or suggested by anyone with any knowledge of any of LL's inner workings, but if that were to happen, that would be different. 

I confess, I love to argue. I love a good passionate debate, and to me that's what was happening. There were a variety of opinions and a variety of voices. Only one of them came right out and told anyone to shut up. 

I'm sorry that you didn't like what I was trying to say, and even that you disagreed with me. I'm not sorry for having an opinion and voicing it. 

• Like 3

Women have been told to shut up since the dawn of time. It's like being called the B word, or the C word, at least for me. It is unbelievably offensive to me and I make it a point to absolutely not shut up when someone, especially another woman, says it to me, or anyone else really. Unless I receive an apology, or I get banned from the forums, I'll continue to bring it up when I see the hypocrisy. 

But if we're just posting gifs now... 

337440453_puppysgoats.gif.f8d3e77b00c0881a86da76095d63cef3.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Unless I receive an apology, or I get banned from the forums, I'll continue to bring it up when I see the hypocrisy. 

Well Beth, I can't apologize for saying "please shut up" because I felt you were pressuring me over and over to shut up about my feelings, just  not using the words.

What I can do, however, is to promise not to say it again -- I won't say it because you have explained how much it offends you.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Emma Krokus said:

It is particularly difficult if you currently have some mainland with your "free" tier allowance.

It probably would be too much to expect for this to be changed so that you are able to ABANDON your tier holding only at the time you "sign" for a new Linden Home...

but this exaclty has a work around, owning another Linden home not ..sadly.

create a group, let a alt join, and donate the tier to the group as landowner. As soon the new homes come available, take out your donation and you can grab ..or try to grab, a new home. As soon you succeed, go to your old land, take up your stuff and move. ( if you don't get a new home... simply ad the donation back)
If you want to sell he old land, do it for a price that goes fást .. or simply abandon it or the group will get troubles for not having enough land donated, but that will take a little time.

Edited by Fox Wijaya
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1766 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.