The new premium home gold rush...

Pixels Sideways

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1509 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Patch said "within 24 hours" which leaves about 18 hours or so to go -- unless they hit a snag which also may happen. So waiting for an announcement might save that pushing finger :D. 

I just had 3 failed attempts to land a house.... thought maybe the release might've started early... I just don't want to be stuck at work when they release and still trying to get one :/ 

38 minutes ago, AlyceAdrift said:

I wanted to watch too, but I don't know where to go. How do you know where to go and watch them build?

They are done building I am pretty sure. Did that at the SSP sims before the houseboats moved over. They have been TESTING.   No one there now and hasn't been for awhile.  And likely not much to see.  Looks like they are pretty much done. All the floating text and markers seem to be picked up. 

Definitely boaty over there!  

image.thumb.png.d623a979fccda6addad39747cf79fc2f.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AlyceAdrift said:

I just had 3 failed attempts to land a house.... thought maybe the release might've started early... I just don't want to be stuck at work when they release and still trying to get one :/ 

Do you have a smartphone, and are you allowed to use it in breaks like lunch?

You don't have to log into SL itself, but the website. In fact, the website is the only place you can claim a house/boat. All this buzz about people waiting is only excitement and curiosity.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

All this buzz about people waiting is only excitement and curiosity.

Yep! It was actually a lot of fun yesterday hanging out with many in the community while we were watching. Also got to meet/talk to quite a few Moles and Lindens. It was nice finally "putting a face to a voice" so to speak.  Also entertaining watching Derrick Linden dancing on top of the Squishy Pickle Bar.

Edited by Zoya McDonnagh
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Do you have a smartphone, and are you allowed to use it in breaks like lunch?

You don't have to log into SL itself, but the website. In fact, the website is the only place you can claim a house/boat. All this buzz about people waiting is only excitement and curiosity.

I'm a waitress and it might be during the middle of lunch/dinner rush when the new houses hit.... literally my likeliness of getting one is pretty impossible with those odds...I wish they would just make one huge batch instead of taunting us with just a few at a time and making us all play this lottery game to try and get a house when we are already paying for a premium membership to begin with. It's kind of frustrating not having a house in SL at all because I'm having to fight the odds to get one.... 

19 minutes ago, AlyceAdrift said:

I'm a waitress and it might be during the middle of lunch/dinner rush when the new houses hit.... literally my likeliness of getting one is pretty impossible with those odds...I wish they would just make one huge batch instead of taunting us with just a few at a time and making us all play this lottery game to try and get a house when we are already paying for a premium membership to begin with. It's kind of frustrating not having a house in SL at all because I'm having to fight the odds to get one.... 

If we had to wait for all of them to be completed, we wouldn't be getting anything until year end or more likely middle of next year.  They started on the first batch over in the SSP regions last Aug and didn't release that set until mid-April.  

I know it is frustrating to many, but I still think small batch releases are better than waiting 1.5 - 2.0 years after we know they started working on the new stuff.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

If we had to wait for all of them to be completed, we wouldn't be getting anything until year end or more likely middle of next year.  They started on the first batch over in the SSP regions last Aug and didn't release that set until mid-April.  

I know it is frustrating to many, but I still think small batch releases are better than waiting 1.5 - 2.0 years after we know they started working on the new stuff.

Well maybe the batches they release should be just a little bigger than they're doing now... I mean... they can build this stuff and they have a huge team doing it. I really just don't understand why they can't just make more and release them.... but then again I'm not a builder. I'm someone patiently waiting to get a traditional house, even though they are releasing houseboats today... I am hoping I can get lucky... I've been constantly refreshing for the past week now and every time it pops up and i go to the next page I get the sold out page... like... how is it literally gone in the span of 5 miliseconds? It's literally NOT POSSIBLE. 

3 minutes ago, AlyceAdrift said:

Well maybe the batches they release should be just a little bigger than they're doing now... I mean... they can build this stuff and they have a huge team doing it. I really just don't understand why they can't just make more and release them.... but then again I'm not a builder. I'm someone patiently waiting to get a traditional house, even though they are releasing houseboats today... I am hoping I can get lucky... I've been constantly refreshing for the past week now and every time it pops up and i go to the next page I get the sold out page... like... how is it literally gone in the span of 5 miliseconds? It's literally NOT POSSIBLE. 

I'm pretty sure that this houseboat release was not originally planned and that the next planned release would be some new themes/styles around the time of the SL 16th Bday celebrations.

The houseboats just went so darn fast in the initial release, far faster than they expected, that they decided to set up another quick batch and release them because so many people were wanting it now.

Abnor Mole did a good post about why it takes time to create these.  Mostly it boils down to the fact that every region is being custom created so that nothing looks like a copy/paste environment.  I'll see if I can find that post.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'm pretty sure that this houseboat release was not originally planned and that the next planned release would be some new themes/styles around the time of the SL 16th Bday celebrations.

The houseboats just went so darn fast in the initial release, far faster than they expected, that they decided to set up another quick batch and release them because so many people were wanting it now.

Abnor Mole did a good post about why it takes time to create these.  Mostly it boils down to the fact that every region is being custom created so that nothing looks like a copy/paste environment.  I'll see if I can find that post.

Agreed. What we don't know NOW is how much time has been added to the next release BECAUSE of the houseboat atoll which took a full month. Logically that would put them behind their original target by a month.  We have seen a few baby steps on new areas at SSP but that birthday bash preview may not make it. Hope it does.  

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

They are done building I am pretty sure. Did that at the SSP sims before the houseboats moved over. They have been TESTING.   No one there now and hasn't been for awhile.  And likely not much to see.  Looks like they are pretty much done. All the floating text and markers seem to be picked up. 

Definitely boaty over there!  

image.thumb.png.d623a979fccda6addad39747cf79fc2f.png

Maaan, what I wouldn't give to have my graphics look like that.... what's your secret? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AlyceAdrift said:

Maaan, what I wouldn't give to have my graphics look like that.... what's your secret? 

Well I have a FAIRLY good card (GeForce GTX 980/PCIe/SSE2) but more likely is that I have been working with Windlight since it came out. Not my "tag line" in profile LOL and I have taken tens of thousands of photos over the years.  Practice helps. 

Of course the environment rules will (may?) be changing in the future with EEP. Happily I can apparently move my Windlights over to the new system. Hoping I just get to KEEP them. We'll see. 

I made this setting just for Bellisseria :D. 

• Like 3

Hello all. I've been a forum stalker mainly but this recent change of events has brought me out of my shell. So hi! It has me labeled as a newbie currently, I guess because of that, but I am far from it. I have been in SL for over 9 years and a premium member for almost that entire time. Like so many others I am (im)patiently waiting on a houseboat. This rush to the new homes for premium is amazing. I did go and look around the new continent and the lots are larger with better landscaping and a much better community feel which I am thrilled to see. The old premium areas, in my opinion, were ok in the beginning but as time went on and SL improved by leaps and bounds they quickly became more of an eyesore than anything. There was no community feel whatsoever. Houses were dropped wherever and on top of each other. It was chaotic and ramshackle. This new update has been needed for a long time and I do believe this is why there is such a wave of people wanting out of the old homes. Normally I would think oh it is just the next new thing and people always want in on the newest craze, but in this case I do not think that is the main drive behind it. My hope is that the Lindens see how excited and happy we all are about this and keep things rolling out at a quick pace in order to curb some of the growing frustrations by people that are still left out. Which is a lot of people. I read somewhere someone had quoted that as of the beginning of the month there were 60,000 premium accounts. That's an overwhelming number of new plots to be created and the "gold rush" as I like to call it is real. Not only is it important to all of the current premium accounts but I think it will draw even more people to become premium. Although I am very happy they started this new project I almost wish they had waited until they had a much larger number of areas ready to release in order to satisfy a larger portion of the premium populace. Yes, there was a good chunk put out but it just wasn't enough. Because of that, they have more frustrated and unhappy clients. Sort of a no win situation. Anyway, back to the reason for my post. I'm curious what brought you to want in on the new homes? Was it only because it is something new? Because you like the new house look? The layout of the new continent? For me it is definitely the new design and the ability to now live on the water. If I ever get there that is. Hope to see you all out there enjoying the new space and chatting with the neighbors!

• Like 8

I have been premium (on multiple accounts) for years, but have never liked the old Linden homes. They are too cookie cutter and, frankly, not attractive IMO.

But the main thing that brought me to the new continent wasn't the houses, which are fine. It was the continent's layout and landscaping that caught my eye. I am terrible at even making a flowerbed, so to have such a pretty and varied area with interesting roads, beaches, parks, etc., already in place and ready to explore was really appealing to me. The active community is nice as well (the old homes did not have that), though it's resulted in a bit more "policing" than I like. ;)

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, Ivory Bouscario said:

I read somewhere someone had quoted that as of the beginning of the month there were 60,000 premium accounts. That's an overwhelming number of new plots to be created and the "gold rush" as I like to call it is real.

First, a note on this:  While there might be that many Premium accounts, there won't be that many accounts wanting one of the new Linden Homes.  Even with the vast improvements over the old area, there will always still be many that prefer their estate living or the more freedom that they get with regular Mainland.  Additionally, some of those Premium accounts are alts, and while some alts are getting homes, the majority likely are not.  I have 8 alts and there is no way I'd bother getting a house/houseboat/other for all of them, or even most of them.

34 minutes ago, Ivory Bouscario said:

Anyway, back to the reason for my post. I'm curious what brought you to want in on the new homes? Was it only because it is something new? Because you like the new house look? The layout of the new continent? For me it is definitely the new design and the ability to now live on the water.

Like Sylvia, one of the biggest draws for me is the layout and landscaping of the new regions. The old Linden Home area just always seemed so bland.  And there is also the ability to live on the water, with direct access to sailable areas, without having to auction off one of my kids to pay for the land.  That part right there is probably most of why the Houseboats are so popular.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, EnchantingTegan said:

i just upgraded my account but i got an old home how can i go about getting the new one for premium members please help 

First you'll need to wait until more become available.  Then you will have to Abandon your current home -- via the Land tab -- and select a new home using the same process that you used to get your current one.  When the new ones are available, they will show as an option on that page, via the drop down list.

• Like 2

Been in SL for 11 years, only became a premium member last year around SLB15 because of how frustrating it was to get into the shopping sims. I looked at the old homes, wasn't impressed. So I spent some time buying 1024sqm 351 prims parcels, moving around Jeogoet and Zindra. Sold a parcel months ago, was about to sell my soul to purchase another parcel with sailable waters and double prims, until I heard of SSP/Bellisseria, and decided to wait...and rented until the the launch. The layout of the continent, the houseboats, has been pretty much what I've wanted in a home for a long time. So I intend to stick around. 

As for the community side of things. I've never really had a sense or feeling of that before...in SL or RL. So I'm indifferent towards it. But who knows, things might change.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

First, a note on this:  While there might be that many Premium accounts, there won't be that many accounts wanting one of the new Linden Homes.  Even with the vast improvements over the old area, there will always still be many that prefer their estate living or the more freedom that they get with regular Mainland.  Additionally, some of those Premium accounts are alts, and while some alts are getting homes, the majority likely are not.  I have 8 alts and there is no way I'd bother getting a house/houseboat/other for all of them, or even most of them.

Like Sylvia, one of the biggest draws for me is the layout and landscaping of the new regions. The old Linden Home area just always seemed so bland.  And there is also the ability to live on the water, with direct access to sailable areas, without having to auction off one of my kids to pay for the land.  That part right there is probably most of why the Houseboats are so popular.

Maybe 10 000 will have a LH houseboat, traditional home or whatever next they make. I believe many premiums have paid for a year and is not logging in anymore. Us who post here is happy and exited over the new. But many will say it's not big enough, too crowded, the banlines policy is not to their liking.

I think when there is 8000 - 10 000 homes, things will calm down.

Has LL made 2000 of the new homes? I remember it was ca. 700 of the last boats. I don't have time to look for the first batch numbers.

Does anyone know the numbers of the new homes on Bellisseria, and how many was made of the old Linden homes?

I wonder if there's anyway we can find out that the amount of new linden homes still available instead of guessing by taking out all your funiture, abandoning your land, and then realizing you dont have access to the new ones yet 

53 minutes ago, Ivory Bouscario said:

Although I am very happy they started this new project I almost wish they had waited until they had a much larger number of areas ready to release in order to satisfy a larger portion of the premium populace.

They had spent months on it and till we bit their hand off had no idea how it would go.

Release half a job, see how it goes, and then never finish the project because we're less than impressed is kind of LL's old MO. 

35 minutes ago, Ivory Bouscario said:

I'm curious what brought you to want in on the new homes? Was it only because it is something new? Because you like the new house look? The layout of the new continent? For me it is definitely the new design and the ability to now live on the water. If I ever get there that is. Hope to see you all out there enjoying the new space and chatting with the neighbors!

I’ve been in SL for over 12 years and have been a Premium member on occasion. Mostly I’ve rented parcels on private estates. I like to sail and kayak. I own a couple houseboats, but there never seemed to be very many communities in SL where I could use them. Wherever I live, I like to swap out my houses. This new continent appealed to me, because it offered the opportunity to live in a houseboat community, swap out my dwellings, and maybe make some new friends. 

I didn’t get a Linden houseboat, but I managed to get a house with some lucky page refreshing. My alt has an old Linden house, though, on a river. 😊

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hannah Hannya said:

I've longed for access to Linden water for years. But those properties come at a high price on the mainland. So I jumped at the chance to get a houseboat. I'm loving it!

Yes, the not accessible water in private sims was a turnoff. I have had land next to Linden water on the Mainland, but... things changed so I had to downsize, turned alts back to basic and sold the land.

After living in Bellisseria, I think it will be hard to go back to either useless water, or expensive Mainland without any landscaping.

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1509 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.