The new premium home gold rush...

Pixels Sideways

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1361 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, xvxRUBYxvx Praga said:

I've spent over $11,000.00 in one year alone in here, I doubt you all have.  

I get where you’re coming from in defense of being talked about on the forum, but I do not understand how this statement correlates to the situation. The amount of money one has put in does not necessarily define their character.

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, MirandaBowers said:

I get where you’re coming from in defense of being talked about on the forum, but I do not understand how this statement correlates to the situation. The amount of money one has put in does not necessarily define their character.

It has nothing to do with any of it. If you have that kind of money to drop on a game, good for you, go for it, but it does NOT make you any better than anybody else, nor more right.

Edited by s2Pandora
  • Like 9

2 minutes ago, xvxRUBYxvx Praga said:

Those that know me,  know I've not been anything but kind and supportive of the SL Community.  - Ruby

thats not the image i get when reading your few posts in this thread
waving around all your good actions that keep you so importand and busy is shameless ugly, you think nobody of us talks to people with a deadly illness?, nobody here had relatives and friends die?  nobody here has to deal with sick kids?, nobody here him/herself has to deal with very serious RL trouble, illnes or even have SL as only possbile contact with friends?
Put your feet on the ground an climb down your throne.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, xvxRUBYxvx Praga said:

I find it interesting that this line has made it to as far as it has.  I guess you all are bored and feel the need to police people on Second Life.  Perhaps instead, maybe focus on your own time in SL and less worry about people in game.  If you are so concerned about my welfare.. I'll let you know how I spent my time.  I most of the time was in RL.. on the webcam with another SL player who is older and was lonely (because most of you all focus on pointing out people instead of getting to know them.  I don't.  I get to know people, chat with people.  There are a lot of nice folks out there. .I promote SL to schools, colleges, as well as skill centers for those going in the graphics program.  I've spent over $11,000.00 in one year alone in here, I doubt you all have.  No, instead, you post on here going.. OMG... there is someone sitting minding their own business.. I need to put my two cents worth in.  

Another thing, after I got off webcam with 1 SL player, then I got on the phone with ANOTHER SL player who's father is dying of cancer.  Who has already lost her mother, her daughter, and now has to put her life on hold to care for her VA father in his last few months he has left.  Wow.. makes you feel extra special now, right?

Oh and if I didn't answer you, my apologies.  I might have hrm... had a RL where I took my son to the doctors due to pain he was having.  Yes, I spend my time helping others, not posting about OMG.; this person feels the need to camp.  No, I came over to check it out, found myself talking to people, then forgot I logged there still in game.  Honestly, before you open your mind to get attention, find another way that is more giving and positive.  That way you don't come off looking so foolish.   God Bless. - Ruby

Dear Diary.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

While rerolling for a water front house the when they were first released, I was able to stand on a parcel and then roll that same parcel  .. but only once, so it was probably a fluke. It would be nice if you could do this post scarcity though.

Did manage to toll a couple of houses that still had people standing in them though, so reserving is absolutely not a thing.

• Thanks 2

Just now, CoffeeDujour said:

While rerolling for a water front house the when they were first released, I was able to stand on a parcel and then roll that same parcel  .. but only once, so it was probably a fluke. It would be nice if you could do this post scarcity though.

Did manage to toll a couple of houses that still had people standing in them though, so reserving is absolutely not a thing.

I rolled 2 houses in the last week that had people in them. I wasn't sure if they were people hoping to claim it from the site(and I just happened to be faster), or perhaps they had just abandoned and it was one of the "quick" houses i've heard about.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MirandaBowers said:

Understood, but until someone had posted about me to begin with, this never would have been an issue.  I haven't bothered anyone, and now I have to defend myself.  Strange in Second Life.  Personally, I would just like them to delete this thread and move on.  It doesn't warrant even having a photo of me or anyone else.  Instead, would that be a form of TOS form of harassment?  Just a thought.  Blessings - Ruby

1 minute ago, xvxRUBYxvx Praga said:

Understood, but until someone had posted about me to begin with, this never would have been an issue.  I haven't bothered anyone, and now I have to defend myself.  Strange in Second Life.  Personally, I would just like them to delete this thread and move on.  It doesn't warrant even having a photo of me or anyone else.  Instead, would that be a form of TOS form of harassment?  Just a thought.  Blessings - Ruby

It would not, because no one knew your name until you arrived and self-identified.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I think someone is protesting too much. Relax, people were just having a laugh. You have to admit, it looked odd to see several avatars parking their pixel behinds in front of empty lots like they were waiting to pounce.

They obviously weren't here then when others were sitting on the signs, one standing on the barrier pole at top, and 2 fur avatars making out in a boat along the shore...  People have to get their homes anyways through their account, so standing here doing nothing shouldn't be an issue.. Instead you get people IMing you going... you're keeping them from building... Um.. no... no one is keeping them from building.  It is already set up nicely inside the mailbox.. all they have to do is set it up where you try and get the house through your account.  If someone has an issue, then just stick to refreshing their account home area and leave people like myself alone and stop posting about it.  True?  Also having a laugh at another expense I don't see very polite either.    Remember, every person in SL has feelings, even the ones posting.  If they don't wish to get feed back in defense, then maybe shouldn't post to begin with. Just saying.  - Blessings, Ruby

Just now, xvxRUBYxvx Praga said:

They obviously weren't here then when others were sitting on the signs, one standing on the barrier pole at top, and 2 fur avatars making out in a boat along the shore...  People have to get their homes anyways through their account, so standing here doing nothing shouldn't be an issue.. Instead you get people IMing you going... you're keeping them from building... Um.. no... no one is keeping them from building.  It is already set up nicely inside the mailbox.. all they have to do is set it up where you try and get the house through your account.  If someone has an issue, then just stick to refreshing their account home area and leave people like myself alone and stop posting about it.  True?  Also having a laugh at another expense I don't see very polite either.    Remember, every person in SL has feelings, even the ones posting.  If they don't wish to get feed back in defense, then maybe shouldn't post to begin with. Just saying.  - Blessings, Ruby

This is all becoming quite the drama. LOL

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

It would not, because no one knew your name until you arrived and self-identified.

The moment the person IMed me that sent me the link showed they knew who I was.  Name on it or not.  They knew the sim, they knew the photo.   Just saying, don't post others photos without asking.  Thank you.  Blessings, Ruby

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Just to be clear :D the policy states (paraphrased but you can read it yourself at LittleMe's link above) that you do NOT need to have permission to take screenshots of others unless the land tab says snapshots not allowed.  I have never actually seen a land tab that said that :D.  I did a lot of machinima in the past and so looked at plenty of land tabs for this. Machinima rules are different by the way (never understood why but they are).  

I have seen land tabs that stated no snapshots for COMMERCIAL USE.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Just to be clear :D the policy states (paraphrased but you can read it yourself at LittleMe's link above) that you do NOT need to have permission to take screenshots of others unless the land tab says snapshots not allowed.  I have never actually seen a land tab that said that :D.  I did a lot of machinima in the past and so looked at plenty of land tabs for this. Machinima rules are different by the way (never understood why but they are).  

I have seen land tabs that stated no snapshots for COMMERCIAL USE.  

And to expand on that, it specifically says: 

"For Mainland or Linden Homes parcels where Linden Lab is the estate owner, you do not need land owner consent to take snapshots"

and 

"A License To Use. You may use the resulting snapshot or machinima within or outside of Second Life in any current or future media."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Fox Wijaya said:

thats not the image i get when reading your few posts in this thread
waving around all your good actions that keep you so importand and busy is shameless ugly, you think nobody of us talks to people with a deadly illness?, nobody here had relatives and friends die?  nobody here has to deal with sick kids?, nobody here him/herself has to deal with very serious RL trouble, illnes or even have SL as only possbile contact with friends?
Put your feet on the ground an climb down your throne.

This post has nothing to do with it correct.  We all have health issues, even I.  The post shouldn't be here at all.  It should be removed from taking a photo of me and downward. That is the issue. Got a gripe?  take it up with the original poster. That is where the issue lies.  That is the person who first started the drama.  Best wishes.  Ruby

25 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Aside from the rules, it's just tacky to run around taking photos of people we think are doing something wrong and posting them on the forum. I certainly don't want somebody to do that to me.

Thank you Luna, exactly the point I was trying to make.  If they have an issue, send in a jira.  I wasn't even bothering anyone.  If they were in their own homes doing their own thing, I would not even be in this thread.  Blessings, Ruby

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

And to expand on that, it specifically says: 

"For Mainland or Linden Homes parcels where Linden Lab is the estate owner, you do not need land owner consent to take snapshots"

and 

"A License To Use. You may use the resulting snapshot or machinima within or outside of Second Life in any current or future media."

LOL. Be careful NOT to quote. I thought that was why you didn't have any text in your reply -- JUST the link. Note the official (in bold text and in a box) at the top of that page .  Hence my "paraphrasing" :D

People copy and paste all the time, but we are not SUPPOSE to do that *wink*.  

1 minute ago, xvxRUBYxvx Praga said:

This post has nothing to do with it correct.  We all have health issues, even I.  The post shouldn't be here at all.  It should be removed from taking a photo of me and downward. That is the issue. Got a gripe?  take it up with the original poster. That is where the issue lies.  That is the person who first started the drama.  Best wishes.  Ruby

It was an innocuous post. It's funny to see people sitting on an empty stoop like they're going to stake a claim on the plot. Lighten up a little bit. No one was casting aspersions on your character. You choose to take offense when no one was being offensive.

Blessings!

giphy.gif.edb5af9db09d7afcdea9b576dcc9fdc9.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, xvxRUBYxvx Praga said:

Without giving the MOLE's name away.. I want to thank them for replying to me.  

They are much more kinder than you all are.  Something to learn from.

--- " .... Mole: Relax. You're not harming anything. I think people just get curious about anything that's out of the ordinary..  ;)"

and yes, where I was at is over by Sutherfield.  If I am online I am more than happy to chat and say hello and be friendly.

Those that know me,  know I've not been anything but kind and supportive of the SL Community.  - Ruby

I generally agree that 'naming & shaming' is bad thing. Except, of course... you weren't named. To paraphrase a famous trial: "If you weren't named, they can't be blamed!" 😛 Obviously, of course, you recognize your own avi, but to the (I daresay, vast majority of) the forum, all they saw was an avi sitting on a stone, and curiously wondered what she was doing there. Perhaps them having posted a few pics of you was a mite over-the-top, but, like I said, they took careful precaution not to name you. And with recent griefing going on, I can even see that ppl might be a bit more on edge than they would normally be. All-in-all, I think by taking it to the forum, you likely made this bigger than it needed to be. But that's your prerogative, of course.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1361 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.