Moderate - how to be a good neighbor ?

Liss Starlight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1828 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 4/30/2019 at 9:21 AM, Alyona Su said:

1) This is only available in some viewers. 2) It only works for you specifically and not everyone knows this option exists, much less how it's done. //justsaying

Definitely fair points!  I honestly didn't know that derender was not was not available in some viewers.  I mainly use Firestorm, but use Black Dragon for photography.  It seems like Black Dragon may only have a temporary option for derender (I haven't delved too much into it) in any case.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pimxi said:

I really hope I will not have a similar neighbor.

Snapshot_001.jpg

I liek to fly. But there is an OFFICIAL airfield provided by linden labs there on an island strip with a boat rez as well. ALL planes need to leave there, and also need to fly at at least 200m above houses to be respectful  slow cruise preferable at 100m then come for landing at strip. Water planes can land only on out edges of ocean. THe other issues is ther are soem unauthorized orbs being used that affect and cause script issues with planes even at 5000-1000m THos need to be disabled as it states in the covenant or it can cause a plane to sudden plummet to ground that the orb is on. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pimxi said:

Snapshot_001.jpg

Someone, please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that is a clear violation of the Covenant.

*"...*Linden Homes should be kept presentable and in-theme to their unique areas...."

*"...The exterior should always remain in theme out of consideration for your neighbors..."

I would seriously consider reporting that if I were you. Just saying ;)

• Like 11

13 minutes ago, Pimxi said:

Snapshot_001.jpg

If you have a serious problem with this (and I would have a problem with this next door), consider switching to Firestorm and you can can simply derender this (and anything else you don't like) PERMANENTLY.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

i think if you take the derender approach then other people will think this is ok, it sets a precedent. Hopefully someone will have a tactful conversation instead.

It's a clear violation and needs to reported so it is removed. There is offcial airstrips to be used for all planes. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Pimxi said:

Snapshot_001.jpg

A helicopter would be better... and maybe then fly the helicopter or take your boat to get to the airstrip and take off in the plane from there :)

1 hour ago, Walpurgisnacht said:

A helicopter would be better... and maybe then fly the helicopter or take your boat to get to the airstrip and take off in the plane from there :)

If I had a houseboat I would not want a helicopter perched on top, I'd have a seaplane / float plane though

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Gryphon Ronas said:

If I had a houseboat I would not want a helicopter perched on top, I'd have a seaplane / float plane though

Exactly!

And, funny thing: Unless I'm mistaken (happens quite more often than I would like, unfortunately), that's a Dani Arrow IV, which already comes with the built-in option for floats.

Which means that the owner of said parcel really just have a thing for floating airstrips or something of the sorts... :P

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Marsellus Walcott said:

Exactly!

And, funny thing: Unless I'm mistaken (happens quite more often than I would like, unfortunately), that's a Dani Arrow IV, which already comes with the built-in option for floats.

Which means that the owner of said parcel really just have a thing for floating airstrips or something of the sorts... :P

Floats on the aircraft already? That's even better!

On 30/04/2019 at 08:14, Syn Anatine said:

O que as pessoas fazem por trás de portas fechadas não é meu nem deveria ser o negócio de ninguém.

Fora disso, eu acho rude construir paredes de privacidade enormes e feias ou ter coisas giratórias e bruxuleantes.

Meu maior problema de estimação é quando eu vou para um pacote e recebo spam de boas-vindas da loja ao lado que não sente a necessidade de restringir sua saudação a parcela apenas. O mesmo vale para partículas (como a neve) que invadem uma parcela vizinha e qualquer outra coisa invasora, incluindo objetos e música.

you would be a good neighbor

I'm a couple doors down from there. It was abuse reported last wednesday and again on thursday and a support ticket open since friday. It should be gone soon-ish, one way or the other, unless LL considers this presentable and in theme. Which wouldn't entirely surprise me given the near complete lack of enforcement on the old Linden Homes. There were people a sim over from my place there with huge plywood walls surrounding their home and nothing was ever done about that either.

10 hours ago, Pimxi said:

Snapshot_001.jpg

Oh my.  😲   As someone else mentioned, I'm not sure I'd consider an airfield above a boat "in theme" with a houseboat harbor area.

I've seen a few helipads - though only once did I actually see a helicopter on one of them.  I saw a boat that was almost larger than the houseboat it was parked in front of - that gave me a good chuckle.

10 hours ago, anthonytorino said:

THe other issues is ther are soem unauthorized orbs being used that affect and cause script issues with planes even at 5000-1000m THos need to be disabled as it states in the covenant or it can cause a plane to sudden plummet to ground that the orb is on. 

AR them.  I'm actually hoping that LL lets us continue to use our own orbs as long as we stick to their restrictions.  I don't use an orb at my house, but plan on putting one in my sky box and since I will have a furnished & landscaped house, I'd rather not use any more LI that necessary in the sky box - and the LL orb is 5 LI.

• Like 1

Yep, you can AR when someone violates the theme. We have to keep on that if we want this new initiative to be a success. Someone else did a giant ugly red REZ sign in their yard, right on the waterfront... and I balked. Sometimes people don't learn from Mainland mistakes, they just want to repeat them and be selfish.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Zoya McDonnagh said:

This was the worst I've done. Had something suddenly come up in RL while I was trying to decide what to do with that side of the yard and had to pause what I was doing. Didn't want the neighborhood to think I was a fence collector. ;)UC2.thumb.jpg.778931a173f3204bba7a51ac83d92bb7.jpg

THat's actually cute

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Evola Courtois said:

Abuse reports aren't getting rid of 0 second orbs either so far. any more than they are unpresentable and out of theme builds like the airstrip one shown above. 

7 hours ago, Evola Courtois said:

The airstrip has been removed, thank you!

I'm pretty sure LL had their hands full right now, so I think we need to have patience.  I've had a ticket open about my houseboat for just shy of 3 weeks now.  It isn't a critical issue and there has been some back and forth on the ticket, but as of yet it isn't resolved.  The last comment did mention that the Moles are extremely busy with the new build right now.

Side note about the orbs:  As Dyna Mole mentioned in the Security thread, there is very possibly a lot of people that do not know about the security rule changes regarding orbs.  I don't think LL sent out an inworld message of any sort and lots of people do not read the forums or blogs, but simply hear about things through word of mouth.  Thus the first suggestion is to send any non-compliant orb owner a message about the new rules.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Evola Courtois said:

The airstrip has been removed, thank you!

I saw that airstrip, and I thought it was a bit much.

I sometimes land a small helicopter (a Duoquito) on at my house in Bellisseria, but I don't have a full heliport. That would be inappropriate to a Linden home area.

animatsheliport.thumb.jpg.741acd4b706d2d09cb4a96eccdd02d22.jpg

My rooftop heliport. Not Bellesaria. Kama City in Zindra, where it fits the style of the city.

This is for use, not display. I fly this regularly.

Now if we can get that 15 second minimum rule for security orbs extended to more of mainland...

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, animats said:

I saw that airstrip, and I thought it was a bit much.

I sometimes land a small helicopter (a Duoquito) on at my house in Bellisseria, but I don't have a full heliport. That would be inappropriate to a Linden home area.

animatsheliport.thumb.jpg.741acd4b706d2d09cb4a96eccdd02d22.jpg

My rooftop heliport. Not Bellesaria. Kama City in Zindra, where it fits the style of the city.

This is for use, not display. I fly this regularly.

Now if we can get that 15 second minimum rule for security orbs extended to more of mainland...

I'm pretty sure that is the same heliport that someone has rezzed on their houseboat not far from me.

4 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'm pretty sure that is the same heliport that someone has rezzed on their houseboat not far from me.

Nope, here's the one on the houseboat.

houseboatheliport.thumb.jpg.06fd39db27d051cdda514f288a45ceab.jpg

This is a good build. That's a stock heliport from Marketplace, atop a "2 car garage" for boats. Not a copy of my heliport at all. The helipad has an access ramp, so you can get to it. Everything there looks functional. Doesn't look out of place at all.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1828 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.