Moderate - how to be a good neighbor ?

Liss Starlight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1814 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Xia Xevious said:

Linden is so good!

not everything is down to Linden always.  Earlier up in this thread a person who lives nearby said they had mentioned the matter to the resident concerned. And the resident maybe went oh! yeah and removed it themselves. Often more can be accomplished by chatting to the person rather than immediately reaching for the AR guns

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

not everything is down to Linden always.  Earlier up in this thread a person who lives nearby said they had mentioned the matter to the resident concerned. And the resident maybe went oh! yeah and removed it themselves. Often more can be accomplished by chatting to the person rather than immediately reaching for the AR guns

I agree that especially now in the beginning of the community, care is taken to address concerns personally (and politely) before just sending of an AR.  An AR should be more of a last ditch effort if all other communication about the issue failed.  At least, that is how I see it, and how I would want to be treated if someone thought something I had done was not in theme. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dragon692014 said:

restrict sounds to you own parcel please I was out exploring and went past someone house and I could hear them having sex on their sofa full sounds and all nobody wants to hear that sure glad I am not their neighbor. 

What's their address... lol?

Seriously, though, they may not be aware that others can hear them. Did you sent them an IM mentioning it?

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Beth Macbain said:

What's their address... lol?

Seriously, though, they may not be aware that others can hear them. Did you sent them an IM mentioning it?

no I did not and so far don't even have a linden home yet just got my premium membership yesterday I was exploring the content before becoming a premium member so figured it was not my place to say anything.

3 minutes ago, Dragon692014 said:

no I did not and so far don't even have a linden home yet just got my premium membership yesterday I was exploring the content before becoming a premium member so figured it was not my place to say anything.

After living on my own on an adult parcel for so long, I have to admit that I forgot about my sound settings until I saw something here that reminded me to check them. I'm guessing they were on voice?

I mean, not that I'm a voyeur or anything like... just, you know, curious and stuff.

1 minute ago, Beth Macbain said:

After living on my own on an adult parcel for so long, I have to admit that I forgot about my sound settings until I saw something here that reminded me to check them. I'm guessing they were on voice?

I mean, not that I'm a voyeur or anything like... just, you know, curious and stuff.

No it was the furniture they were using making the noise

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1814 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.