-Bellisserians Show Off Your Home and Garden-

Blush Bravin
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 280 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

10 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I don't remember if I posted my entry before? Anyway, I was "spying" on a neighbor. I often cam in and lok at the furniture and decor. I saw this supercute "Stay a while"hanger, I had seen it before in some events advertissement. But I often forget/don't have time to visit. So when I saw it again, it was inspect -> teleport to sellers store -> buy.

I then remember that had bought the cute "SL bus scroll" and used it to cover the control panel to the left of the door.

entry_001ed.jpg

Oh, where did you get that little keypad on the wall?? (I love the décor too btw! :D )

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

Oh, where did you get that little keypad on the wall?? (I love the décor too btw! :D )

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Alouette-Wooden-Key-Rack/4429743

... before you buy it, they have an even cuter key rack! Saw it now. I had the wood one "for ever". https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Alouette-Ctrl-Alt-Delete-Key-Rack/5591826

It's big when you unpack it, but size down easy.

Rest of the stuff is listed here. https://www.flickr.com/photos/27764102@N02/46846461065/in/dateposted-public/

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Kitten Kaos said:

Has anyone put together a map of the Parade of Homes tour? I've chanced on a few, but I want to see ALL you  all's creativity ;)

I wasn't aware of a Parade of Homes tour. I've thought it would be fun to maybe have something like a garden club like people do in the physical world. But that's all I've done ... thought about it. Please share any info you have on a Parade of Homes tour... thanks!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

I wasn't aware of a Parade of Homes tour. I've thought it would be fun to maybe have something like a garden club like people do in the physical world. But that's all I've done ... thought about it. Please share any info you have on a Parade of Homes tour... thanks!

I've just seen the signs in the yards of a couple of (very well appointed) houses.  I didn't think to check for whomever made the signs (should've). If anyone knows more, it might warrant another thread? I know many would prefer to just post pics here for privacy sake but it'd be a nice way to meet the neighbors and compliment peoples' decorating in world.

Edited by Kitten Kaos
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

The Parade of Homes was organized by someone in the Bellisseria Community group.  People who want to participate contact someone in the group (I don't remember who) to have your home included in a HUD that lets people travel from one participating home to the next.  The HUD and the yard sign were sent out to group members via notices in that group.

• Thanks 2

i generally walk around getting ideas for lower LI items. I have half the market place on the builder accounts but always look for alternatives and new designs. If not I jsut mesh it out and work on them then give them out cheap,. Enough to cover the mesh upload cost.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, moirakathleen said:

The Parade of Homes was organized by someone in the Bellisseria Community group.  People who want to participate contact someone in the group (I don't remember who) to have your home included in a HUD that lets people travel from one participating home to the next.  The HUD and the yard sign were sent out to group members via notices in that group.

The Bellisseria Community group isn't open to all. Is it by invite only?

16 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

The Bellisseria Community group isn't open to all. Is it by invite only?

It was open to all initially when it first was created.  They were having some drama in the group last evening it seemed like, so maybe they changed that temporarily. You can try sending an IM to the group owner? 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, moirakathleen said:

It was open to all initially when it first was created.  They were having some drama in the group last evening it seemed like, so maybe they changed that temporarily. You can try sending an IM to the group owner? 

I sent a message to the owner. I imagine anyone interested might want to send a message as well.

Okay, I'm going to start this with a huge cry for help. Someone stop me!!!! I can't stop playing with my house(s). I imagine my neighbors are getting tired of seeing my house change every day if not every few hours. I have arthritis in my thumbs and a few fingers so it's also painful to keep going but I can't stop myself. It's just too much fun!!!!

This morning I was noticing more lag in my home than I am comfortable with so I set out to try and discover what was the problem. I ended up clearing the land completely and starting over after discovering that some of my landscape was the issue along with a few of the cute little clutter things that I love so much... but when push comes to shove I want to be able to move around without feeling as though I'm in quicksand plus being a good neighbor means that not only do I need to be concerned with my performance but also that of my neighbors and anyone just traveling through the area. It's more performant than it was this morning but I'm afraid I'm still too cluttered so I may be deleting more clutter items. But here's the new deco .. with the Adams house this time.

The view from my kitchen window looking inside. I've been wanting a sink under the window in all my builds .. I finally got it.

1_001.png.d026dd39c0b576773689bdaff16d2330.png   1_002.png.e8f4c04741c6c57384e3f693139432f5.png

I switched the bedroom/bath to the other side of the house this time so I have a nice large area for a great room leaving the entry way for my study and library.

1_003.png.e45e11488e9b1834f7a60b0297cd5df1.png   1_004.png.8083a6ad478f7ec33d12661b57cf75f5.png

1_005.png.dd0acb37a223dc0c8fd30650c87c9c08.png

The bedroom is much smaller but I still have a really large bath.

1_008.thumb.png.a5aedf334bbcebbc7fef8d94845983d9.png

1_007.png.8503473a4a8bfa7b22e2f10c7c07b6cc.png

I made shutters for the house and a full roofed porch on the front.

1_006.thumb.png.b680472ddd22a0791fe161cbd406f3d4.png

And I gave up my koi pond for a people pond.

1_010.thumb.png.30a73e4071eebfec9e3edcd27f7069f4.png

I think we need an AA meeting for decorators who just can't stop...the need for a fix is strong I tell ya!

• Like 22
  • Haha 8

I like how that came out. I had thought of doing that myself, just flipping the add-on around, so the bathroom was at the back and the back door was off the dining room, but I'm not sure about the small bedroom vs the things I want to use in there

3 minutes ago, Gryphon Ronas said:

I like how that came out. I had thought of doing that myself, just flipping the add-on around, so the bathroom was at the back and the back door was off the dining room, but I'm not sure about the small bedroom vs the things I want to use in there

It really does make the bedroom small.

41 minutes ago, moirakathleen said:

True. They were inquiring about the "Parade of Homes" though, which was created by the other group. 

True. I just thought they might also like to know about the other group, especially since it's open. :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I really want to try another house model, @Blush Bravinso I know your need to change. I just put so much into this, it will be a pain replacing stuff.

How did you find out the lag problem? Textures? Scripts? Too much clutter with individual textures? I feel guilty of clutter, that is for sure....

Too many different and large textures. So I reduced the landscape items and also inspected my clutter items to see the texture memory being used. When I see more than 3 textures on a small clutter item I just stop using it unless I'm willing to have it be about the only thing in that area. But it's more than the number of textures being used because it's possible that some of those textures are very small resolution so I of course I will check the memory and not just the number of textures being used. Sometimes the item is so wonderful that it's worth taking a memory hit just to use it .. but I do budget for it. Kind of like when you go shopping in RL and have to decide what you're going to spend your money on. :) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

Too many different and large textures. So I reduced the landscape items and also inspected my clutter items to see the texture memory being used. When I see more than 3 textures on a small clutter item I just stop using it unless I'm willing to have it be about the only thing in that area. But it's more than the number of textures being used because it's possible that some of those textures are very small resolution so I of course I will check the memory and not just the number of textures being used. Sometimes the item is so wonderful that it's worth taking a memory hit just to use it .. but I do budget for it. Kind of like when you go shopping in RL and have to decide what you're going to spend your money on. :) 

Taking @Chic Aeon's advice I did the same thing. I couldn't understand why a particular room and a few select objects in my house kept "blurring". I switched from Singularity viewer to Firestorm so I was able to see more details on the objects. They all had large textures, and one an animated TV screen (which guiltily I created) had THREE textures at 1024. BINGO! So I removed a few, swapped out a few other objects, and saw minor improvement in reducing my lag as well. But there's still one or two that I cannot part with, so I basically just have to put up with it and counter that by using other things that maybe aren't as detailed as I'd like, but still do the job satisfactorily.

I, like @Blush Bravin cannot stop from reworking some aspect of my house. I'm tweaking daily. I think my neighbours must take me for an antisocial shut-in! Last night, after a SECOND tour of the Parade of Homes, I decided my front entrance was just too bland. So I whipped up a little garden between the steps and front door that matches the fire pit out the back. The LOD isn't great BUT I tested it on low LOD and cammed out to look in from my neighbours yards and windows and could still see it. But even that could have been smoother. I gambled on the texture blending into my front house and surrounding fence and steps to mask any loss of definition from too far. And even added another butterfly out front to distract the eye ;) I can't help myself, truly, and I don't really want to because (unlike RL with the restricted budget) decorating here is so fun and relaxing. I LOVE a cluttered, realistic looking home that looks like someone might actually live there, not just a fancy show piece, but all that clutter comes at a cost. So yes, I feel your pain Blush, and if there is a 12 step program or support group somewhere, I might even consider coming along... get more inspiration that way ;) 

Snapshot_001.thumb.png.4927470a353ed0340fd27a6a8d035a7f.png

And for those that don't know about the Bellisseria Community Parade of Homes; this is the sign to look for:

Snapshot_002.png.a23d41880ca11b2af2f262ed743b53d3.png

I had some people wandering past the other day on horseback, and watched them clicking the sign. Or try to. I did previously have it scripted to give a welcome in IM but that seemed like overkill so I took it out. When I went on out to say hello the pair rode off. But just so you know, unless you script it yourself the sign won't say or do anything. You'll need to wear the HUD (that you get from the BellisseriaCommunity group - or search people for BellisseriaCommunity) in order to tour the homes. I have seen some AMAZING houses, truly. I almost wish I could take pics and share the ones that really stood out to me, but that would probably only create division. Still, for those making the effort, it is being noticed and personally I LOVE IT! <3 

• Like 8

29 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

Taking @Chic Aeon's advice I did the same thing. I couldn't understand why a particular room and a few select objects in my house kept "blurring". I switched from Singularity viewer to Firestorm so I was able to see more details on the objects. They all had large textures, and one an animated TV screen (which guiltily I created) had THREE textures at 1024. BINGO! So I removed a few, swapped out a few other objects, and saw minor improvement in reducing my lag as well. But there's still one or two that I cannot part with, so I basically just have to put up with it and counter that by using other things that maybe aren't as detailed as I'd like, but still do the job satisfactorily.

Just to be clear what the devs have told me (including some comments from Patch) our "lag" isn't only the things that WE have and can control, it is also our neighbors things and even those in adjoining sims (Patch who I assume knows things :D). That was ONE reason that my choice criteria included a sim with fewer plots (mine has nine). 

Most of my things (not all) are "reasonable". I do have some furniture that has more textures than "I" would use and I guess I could take the scripts out since I have copies and don't intent to change the colors. BUT there are all those things surrounding us.  I blacklisted a lot of things in one neighbor's yard which seemed to help.  If I can stay above 15fps (with my ongoing ODD computer issues) I will call that good. In the recent past that would have translated to 30fps for me but no longer.

Most of the OMG heavy mesh and texture items that I had got tossed at the beginning of the year (or before)and many of the things in my house are mine and I know what is in them  so that is helpful too.  Those 1024 normal and specular maps can be a killer and I guess we could ALSO get rid of those (not sure how things would look then as there are different methods but worth a try). 

Again though -- we can only do what we can do. So not really any reason to get depressed about it. 

EDIT: Re the Bellisseria Community group it isn't open enrollment but the charter says "For an invite, please contact Talisien Llewellyn for an invite".   

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 280 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.