-Bellisserians Show Off Your Home and Garden-

Blush Bravin
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 269 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Gryphon Ronas said:

A few more tweaks were done, it's finally coming together. The sand garden in the back got the biggest changes. All but 1 of the trees has been changed out now.

756078722_Front5_10_19_003.thumb.png.4025b036472320a884fcce0c117d0683.png

Is it a Pixel Mode model? If so, I wish I had bought it. You really nailed it with plants and decor.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WillowTenage said:

And a shot from the air, I love this parcel as I'm surrounded by trees.  The only problem, is it is hard to find a good angle to take a snapshot from. 

I often temporarily derender trees and objects that get in the way when doing photos.

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Thanks, and you must post your boat. :x

It's hard to find the right wood for the countertops in this kitchen. I am still looking. The original one had so much shading that I couldn't push in the island to make an U instead of a L + island. I took the animation prim from the barstools in a Maya's Kitchen and put in the other barstools, so I can have the props and animarions.

To have enough LI for the rezzing, that's hard... Objects that attach appears to work well.

I made a terrible mistake!!!😣😣😣😣😣😣 I had gotten a Traditional home in the Rockham area, but as the house was nowhere near the beach or any water source, I thought of trying to get another house closer to water sources by leaving my first home, then as if You can imagine I could not!😲😲😲😲😲😲 Because at that moment I did not know that the amount of houses were limited!😥😥 That's why I lost my beautiful sweet house .... Later after a few days pressing the F5 key on the keyboard I got a Houseboat in the Uahuah region, I got to decorate it completely. But I realized that I did not like living in a houseboat,🙄🙄(I know this is so contradictory) so I decided to abandon it (after all it would be fairer to others who would really enjoy living in a houseboat). I stayed for more than 2 weeks without a house, and as the new houses is taking a long time to be released I decided to stay temporarily in an old Linden house, so at the moment no decoration to show! I hope that soon I can have a beautiful Traditional home to live! So I'll post many pics!!! I promise 😉😊

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Cleomes said:

I hope that soon I can have a beautiful Traditional home to live! So I'll post many pics!!! I promise 😉😊

Good luck! I hope you are logged in when the boats is released. I have no idea how many that will abandon houses to get a boat instead. Can be many, can be a few.

I am not sure, still debating with myself if I should abandon my house - because facing a double row of houseboats is a bit hard for my computers.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I am not sure, still debating with myself if I should abandon my house - because facing a double row of houseboats is a bit hard for my computers.

If you do please let me know!!! :D:D:D

I bought my first shell for walls and floor today. As you can see, the kitchen walls is now blue, but the other walls in the house has the pure color. The floor is also slate tiles.

The good: It's only 1 LI and I can link it with another 0.5 LI and it's still 1 LI for both floor and all walls.

The bad: English isn't my #1 language, but when it say: " for 1 prim prim you get the freedom to decide YOUR colors YOUR textures. " I thought I could use patterns. I have some nice panel textures, but the texture repeats is different from wall to wall. And editing one wall perfect, makes another wall be the wrong repeat. But for a solid color, no shading or pattern, it works well.

walls_001.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I thought I could use patterns. I have some nice panel textures, but the texture repeats is different from wall to wall. And editing one wall perfect, makes another wall be the wrong repeat. But for a solid color, no shading or pattern, it works well.

That's where planar texturing comes in, dear. :) Simply switch to planar texturing mode, drop the textures onto the various surfaces, and then, one by one, select all those faces that need to done, and press 'Align planar faces.' And now you have a beautiful pattern across those different walls. :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

12 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I bought my first shell for walls and floor today. As you can see, the kitchen walls is now blue, but the other walls in the house has the pure color. The floor is also slate tiles.

The good: It's only 1 LI and I can link it with another 0.5 LI and it's still 1 LI for both floor and all walls.

The bad: English isn't my #1 language, but when it say: " for 1 prim prim you get the freedom to decide YOUR colors YOUR textures. " I thought I could use patterns. I have some nice panel textures, but the texture repeats is different from wall to wall. And editing one wall perfect, makes another wall be the wrong repeat. But for a solid color, no shading or pattern, it works well.

Are the repeats not modifiable?  If you can modify the texture, I would think you could modify the repeats and offsets also.

1 minute ago, kiramanell said:

That's where planar texturing comes in, dear. :) Simply switch to planar texturing mode, drop the textures onto the various surfaces, and then, one by one, select all those faces that need to done, and press 'Align planar faces.' And now you have a beautiful pattern across those different walls. :)

I don't think I've every used that feature.  I have a texture alignment grid that I can apply to touching faces and then modify the offsets and repeats until the grid lines up right.  Then when I apply the real texture, it is all lined up.  That alignment grid and process came from someone back in my really super old SL days.  Nice to know there is an easier way.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Are the repeats not modifiable?  If you can modify the texture, I would think you could modify the repeats and offsets also.

Even if the texture is no-mod/no-copy/no-transfer/whatever, LOL, as long as the object it's on is mod, then you will always be able to change repeats (after all, repeats are not a property of the texture, but of the prim it's on -- and can be set even without a texture).

3 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Even if the texture is no-mod/no-copy/no-transfer/whatever, LOL, as long as the object it's on is mod, then you will always be able to change repeats (after all, repeats are not a property of the texture, but of the prim it's on -- and can be set even without a texture).

Yeah - by "if you can modify the texture", I meant 'change the texture on the object', not actually modify the texture itself.  I had always assumed that being able to change the texture of an object would also let you change the repeats setting.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I don't think I've every used that feature.  I have a texture alignment grid that I can apply to touching faces and then modify the offsets and repeats until the grid lines up right.  Then when I apply the real texture, it is all lined up.  That alignment grid and process came from someone back in my really super old SL days.  Nice to know there is an easier way.

Yes, planar texturing makes life so much easier. :) Not inword right now, but I believe you're holding Shift, and then a click on each face you want affected; then you play with the planar repeats, and press the 'Align planar faces' when it's all to your liking. There are actually third-party tools that pretty much do  the same thing; but why pay for those when the ability is built right into your own viewer, right? :)

Before I knew how to do this, I did it the blonde way, LOL; as in, just using a calculator to scale the repeats to proportions (which is a beatch, really, trust me).

Edited by kiramanell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yeah - by "if you can modify the texture", I meant 'change the texture on the object', not actually modify the texture itself.  I had always assumed that being able to change the texture of an object would also let you change the repeats setting.  

And you assumed correctly, of course. :)

As I saw you write the above, I was wondering: is a mod-texture even useful? We don't have like an built-in Paint or something to edit those; so probably only 'copy' and 'transfer' are really relevant; but I digress.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kiramanell said:

Learning something new here...

From the top: Notice the left wall, if I edit the texture there, the other sides are deformed.

2 from top: Using the planar trick on the larger parts.

3 from top: Edited the texture repeats on the other parts, and all sides line up.

Bottom: Edited the small parts under the windows. I am satisfied. 😊

I am sending the seller a link to this. He should do this planar magic and update the MP with the new walls.

THANK YOU Kiramanell!

wall co.jpg

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Marianne Little said:

From the top: Notice the left wall, if I edit the texture there, the other sides are deformed.

3 from top: Edited the texture repeats on the other parts, and all sides line up.

I am sending the seller a link to this. He should do this planar magic and update the MP with the new walls.

THANK YOU Kiramanell!

wall co.jpg

^^ Yep, you're catching on pretty fast! :) Those images really help to illustrate the process.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

THANK YOU Kiramanell!

wall co.jpg

Actually, in the above situation, there's no need to use the smaller parts in a later pass; you can simply select all faces required, and then do 'em all in one fell swoop. :) (Objects need to be of the same type, though: prim + mesh surface, for instance, won't work).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Is it a Pixel Mode model? If so, I wish I had bought it. You really nailed it with plants and decor.

Yes, it started life as a Pixel Mode pool. I was able to strip it down to *only* 29 LI  (ouch) and change out a few textures.  I like it much better now with the planted side and it not being all wide open sand

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

And I have "my" walls back! I bought the texture pack in 2010, and even if they have no materials, I love the uneven boards and the muted coastal colors!

walls_002ed.jpg

I love this kitchen, and the walls look great!  I'm heading out to buy this kitchen now which will look great in my next houseboat reno. I'm addicted.

16 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

And I have "my" walls back! I bought the texture pack in 2010, and even if they have no materials, I love the uneven boards and the muted coastal colors!

walls_002ed.jpg

I am not sure about other graphics programs, but in Photoshop CC it's really easy to make Normal & Spectral maps from the texture itself so you don't have to give up having materials effects as long as the texture is full perm and you can save it to your computer to open it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kiramanell said:

Aligning planar was the single best editing trick I have learned in SL (I learned it in InWorldz, actually, but still...).

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 269 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.