-Bellisserians Show Off Your Home and Garden-

Blush Bravin
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 268 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

18 minutes ago, Alumna Cornell said:

My somewhat spartan (in comparison to others) Winchester is now fully decorated. Haven't been able to be in SL for, well, months, and I'm not sure how long I'll keep up a premium sub, but for now my house is open to anyone who wants to visit: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Walrus Beach/88/112/33 

picturehouse01.JPG

picturehouse02.JPG

picturehouse03.JPG

picturehouse04.JPG

picturehouse05.JPG

picturehouse06.JPG

picturehouse07.JPG

picturehouse08.JPG

picturehouse09.JPG

picturehouse10.JPG

@Alumna Cornell, love the creativity of setting up a gallery within your home. I may "steal" your idea of movie posters! What a fun way to decorate! That view of the harbor with houseboats is so real looking from your kitchen window. Wonderful job decorating your house! 

• Like 2

Just now, Eleanor Anderton said:

@Alumna Cornell, love the creativity of setting up a gallery within your home. I may "steal" your idea of movie posters! What a fun way to decorate! That view of the harbor with houseboats is so real looking from your kitchen window. Wonderful job decorating your house! 

Thank you! At least pre-covid I was a cinema addict and went 2-3 times per week - these were some of the last films I got to see. I was planning on updating the posters every few weeks (IMDB makes that easy ;) ). Maybe you or someone else reading this can help me with something - I've wandered around other parts of Bellisseria and heard lots of ambient sounds, but this house and the protected land around it is 'dead' - the only sounds I can hear are coming from the birdhouse I set up. My settings say that sounds *aren't* restricted to the parcel, so I should be hearing something - birds? - even if I'm too far away from the water to hear it lapping.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alumna Cornell said:

Thank you! At least pre-covid I was a cinema addict and went 2-3 times per week - these were some of the last films I got to see. I was planning on updating the posters every few weeks (IMDB makes that easy ;) ). Maybe you or someone else reading this can help me with something - I've wandered around other parts of Bellisseria and heard lots of ambient sounds, but this house and the protected land around it is 'dead' - the only sounds I can hear are coming from the birdhouse I set up. My settings say that sounds *aren't* restricted to the parcel, so I should be hearing something - birds? - even if I'm too far away from the water to hear it lapping.

I added sounds to all my parcels, depending on their location. Check your inventory since I just dropped a package your way. For others, looking for the same thing, try this box of sounds for $1 L. Just rez a flower and enjoy the nature sounds or wave sounds. Big thank you to the creator Antreas Alter

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Beach-environmental-pack-OFFER-Waves-Sound-Of-Nature/870878

49740605_SoundsofNature_001.thumb.png.f79392e63e3a551229236883861a6179.png

Edited by Eleanor Anderton
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Fendi Miles said:

Im sorry if this has been answered! Does anyone know where I can get matching pathway for for the victorian homes? I'm losing my mind trying to find them

I took a photo snap of the existing texture and used that as below - I did not see it in my pack but perhaps I need to update my pack! It's not perfect but it's quick and easy

Snapshot_015.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chloe Dolores said:

I took a photo snap of the existing texture and used that as below - I did not see it in my pack but perhaps I need to update my pack! It's not perfect but it's quick and easy

Snapshot_015.png

The mailbox content pack is updated. But you must look for 2 texture packs, not just one.The moles add in new texture packs every time they give us more textures.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

The mailbox content pack is updated. But you must look for 2 texture packs, not just one.The moles add in new texture packs every time they give us more textures.

Awesome I shall do just that :) ty!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Eleanor Anderton said:

I added sounds to all my parcels, depending on their location. Check your inventory since I just dropped a package your way. For others, looking for the same thing, try this box of sounds for $1 L. Just rez a flower and enjoy the nature sounds or wave sounds. Big thank you to the creator Antreas Alter

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Beach-environmental-pack-OFFER-Waves-Sound-Of-Nature/870878

49740605_SoundsofNature_001.thumb.png.f79392e63e3a551229236883861a6179.png

Thank you, Eleanor! I couldn't find it in my inventory or notifications, but I've just gone to the MP to buy it and had a quick listen. I'd love to use the one with seagulls, but don't see any instructions for lowering the volume (my house is a bit away from the water, so ideally I'd like to hear my birdsong in the foreground with the waves and gulls in the background). Do you know if this is possible? If you haven't done this yourself, I'll contact the pack's creator.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Alumna Cornell said:

Thank you, Eleanor! I couldn't find it in my inventory or notifications, but I've just gone to the MP to buy it and had a quick listen. I'd love to use the one with seagulls, but don't see any instructions for lowering the volume (my house is a bit away from the water, so ideally I'd like to hear my birdsong in the foreground with the waves and gulls in the background). Do you know if this is possible? If you haven't done this yourself, I'll contact the pack's creator.

Try different places on your parcel. I usually put the nature sounds closer to the house, then add the ocean one closer to parcel's edge - like it is coming in from the water. Sometimes I put a nature sound by the front porch and add the water one on the other side.  It just depends if you are creating outdoor areas to sit and entertain yourself.  If you end up near a lake or river, I'm really enjoying this Lake sound orb which is the more gentle sound of waves slapping up against the land. This one allows you to change the volume of the water sounds. It is a transparent orb so I do tuck that one into a flowerpot just so I don't lose it.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Atmo-Sound-Orb-Lake-Light-Waves-157/173768

If anyone would like to listen to the lake sounds, you are welcome to head to my camp. Just find a camp chair and sit a spell.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Pirouette/99/198/52

1094460864_SoundsofNature_003.thumb.png.44ff55ed94bdc6297ccf0faae821de5c.png

Edited by Eleanor Anderton
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Eleanor Anderton said:

Try different places on your parcel. I usually put the nature sounds closer to the house, then add the ocean one closer to parcel's edge - like it is coming in from the water. Sometimes I put a nature sound by the front porch and add the water one on the other side.  It just depends if you are creating outdoor areas to sit and entertain yourself.  If you end up near a lake or river, I'm really enjoying this Lake sound orb which is the more gentle sound of waves slapping up against the land. This one allows you to change the volume of the water sounds. It is a transparent orb so I do tuck that one into a flowerpot just so I don't lose it.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Atmo-Sound-Orb-Lake-Light-Waves-157/173768

If anyone would like to listen to the lake sounds, you are welcome to head to my camp. Just find a camp chair and sit a spell.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Pirouette/99/198/52

Many thanks again - will do! [Edit] I've been playing around with the placement of the original sound controllers you mentioned - that hadn't occurred to me - and now I have the slightly muffled sound of waves in the distance and 2 sources of bird song that are louder, and it's great - thank you very much!

Edited by Alumna Cornell
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

After so long of trying I finally got my victorian, and a waterfront! 😍 I'm not done with the front porch area, but wanted to show my little wrap around and railings I added to my doyle 🥰 As someone who before my SL break had homes with 1k prims I am pleasantly surprised with how much clutter I've fit within my prim limit & I still have 68 left to go!  If I had the upgrade option for like 200 prims though, grr I can't imagine the back garden and landscaping I could do hehe :) I saw someone say that LH are just supposed to be for new home owners & encourage you to go move onto mainland for more prims etc, but as a long time user I would be more than happy to stay in these homes, I can't tell you how fun it is to have active neighbors, people who ride by on bikes and boats or just walk by and say hello. It makes me much happier to be in SL because of my little LH.

PS. If you're ever in goosemere (waterfront by houseboats ) and see my little place, I don't use a security orb and I'm always down for a visitor or a hello! 😍

Snapshot1_001.thumb.jpg.0b665ecef9c36edea1312fb78b563f2e.jpgSnapshot1_004.thumb.jpg.79991bd4e1b9a9ed57dab4bdcde50a24.jpgSnapshot1_005.thumb.jpg.2945f4d662e15eba685dcf7a0d07a532.jpgSnapshot1_006.thumb.jpg.5491abeb6019c921759e89b986cb84d5.jpgSnapshot1_001.thumb.jpg.0513e55ca8f884a50f4cb50706c565d9.jpgSnapshot1_009.thumb.jpg.5d860f25872aa92502fb2d34c9fcab8e.jpg

Snapshot1_007.thumb.jpg.88e7542b7b2da069c9b529c9fe231689.jpgSnapshot1_008.thumb.jpg.678f5b7314476cb29c6fd3d016dcb4e9.jpgSnapshot1_011.thumb.jpg.ffc50a01a670d5ce1d3d35b46f6e5d26.jpgimageproxy.php?img=&key=a03a54f708f2dfe5

Edited by Fendi Miles
add
  • Like 23

6 minutes ago, Fendi Miles said:

After so long of trying I finally got my victorian, and a waterfront! 😍 I'm not done with the front porch area, but wanted to show my little wrap around and railings I added to my doyle 🥰 As someone who before my SL break had homes with 1k prims I am pleasantly surprised with how much clutter I've fit within my prim limit & I still have 68 left to go!  If I had the upgrade option for like 200 prims though, grr I can't imagine the back garden and landscaping I could do hehe :) I saw someone say that LH are just supposed to be for new home owners & encourage you to go move onto mainland for more prims etc, but as a long time user I would be more than happy to stay in these homes, I can't tell you how fun it is to have active neighbors, people who ride by on bikes and boats or just walk by and say hello. It makes me much happier to be in SL because of my little LH.

PS. If you're ever in goosemere (waterfront by houseboats ) and see my little place, I don't use a security orb and I'm always down for a visitor or a hello! 😍

Snapshot1_001.thumb.jpg.0b665ecef9c36edea1312fb78b563f2e.jpgSnapshot1_004.thumb.jpg.79991bd4e1b9a9ed57dab4bdcde50a24.jpgSnapshot1_005.thumb.jpg.2945f4d662e15eba685dcf7a0d07a532.jpgSnapshot1_006.thumb.jpg.5491abeb6019c921759e89b986cb84d5.jpgSnapshot1_001.thumb.jpg.0513e55ca8f884a50f4cb50706c565d9.jpgSnapshot1_009.thumb.jpg.5d860f25872aa92502fb2d34c9fcab8e.jpg

Snapshot1_007.thumb.jpg.88e7542b7b2da069c9b529c9fe231689.jpgSnapshot1_008.thumb.jpg.678f5b7314476cb29c6fd3d016dcb4e9.jpgSnapshot1_011.thumb.jpg.ffc50a01a670d5ce1d3d35b46f6e5d26.jpgimageproxy.php?img=&key=a03a54f708f2dfe5

Cuteness overload! 

:)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Fendi Miles said:

I saw someone say that LH are just supposed to be for new home owners & encourage you to go move onto mainland for more prims etc, but as a long time user I would be more than happy to stay in these homes, I can't tell you how fun it is to have active neighbors, people who ride by on bikes and boats or just walk by and say hello. It makes me much happier to be in SL because of my little LH.

I couldn't agree more. I'm new to Bellisseria but have been around SL for a while and have lived a lot of places. Since I'm in a camper, I only have 175 LI, but I don't mind because the surroundings are so beautiful and there's so much to explore. I also love how active this thread is. It's giving me lots of ideas for my little space.

• Like 6

With the prims I had left I was able to add a little backyard area! I made this little pagola add on for my doyle and made a little fire pit chill space. I let go off the wrap around extension bc of the prims but I think I'm good with the front now & everything :D ( I hope now to find some trees that match well to add to the side of the yards ^^)

Snapshot1_001.thumb.jpg.9dd985fe1de711c089a109a67290cc31.jpgSnapshot1_002.thumb.jpg.4c100b4f0643766d13845e27bb19ad27.jpgSnapshot1_005.thumb.jpg.08d43347bbaeb72b54914cf49b27a998.jpgSnapshot1_006.thumb.jpg.9a410d58746e5bfaeb252af1ee6d67ee.jpg

Edited by Fendi Miles
  • Like 16

7 hours ago, Fendi Miles said:

With the prims I had left I was able to add a little backyard area! I made this little pagola add on for my doyle and made a little fire pit chill space. I let go off the wrap around extension bc of the prims but I think I'm good with the front now & everything :D ( I hope now to find some trees that match well to add to the side of the yards ^^)

Snapshot1_001.thumb.jpg.9dd985fe1de711c089a109a67290cc31.jpgSnapshot1_002.thumb.jpg.4c100b4f0643766d13845e27bb19ad27.jpgSnapshot1_005.thumb.jpg.08d43347bbaeb72b54914cf49b27a998.jpgSnapshot1_006.thumb.jpg.9a410d58746e5bfaeb252af1ee6d67ee.jpg

So pretty! Just love finding all those little details here and there.

• Like 2

On 6/9/2020 at 3:39 AM, Alumna Cornell said:

My somewhat spartan (in comparison to others) Winchester is now fully decorated. Haven't been able to be in SL for, well, months, and I'm not sure how long I'll keep up a premium sub, but for now my house is open to anyone who wants to visit: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Walrus Beach/88/112/33 

picturehouse03.JPG

picturehouse04.JPG

picturehouse05.JPG

picturehouse08.JPG

I may have been premature in posting this - took a look at my L$ balance and thought I might as well spend some of it on a paint shell. This is what the house looks like now. And I still have about 35LI left :) And having the sounds of water and birds in the background makes all the difference!

house1.jpg

house2.jpg

house3.jpg

house4.jpg

house5.jpg

house6.jpg

house7.jpg

Edited by Alumna Cornell
  • Like 10

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 268 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.