The Linden Homes Photo Thread

Patch Linden

In my Lindenish home, above my linden home, I've put up a few pictures, moved and added furniture, trimmed some of my LI, and lounged around a bit.

I've always a need to put my Kittycat on display.

Snapshot_335.thumb.png.995a695c6439ecabe74c6e665aafeec1.png

Hanging out in my bedroom, the ceilings are very high in here. 

Snapshot_350.thumb.png.9c553fe31650276799d2aa12e9eebe2e.png

My living room

Snapshot_349.thumb.png.d4bf66482764e5be4840561bfa9dc024.png

Now I have to add pictures to my kitchen, dining room, and posters to my game room in the basement.  

Edited by WillowTenage
  • Like 10

3 hours ago, WillowTenage said:

In my Lindenish home, above my linden home, I've put up a few pictures, moved and added furniture, trimmed some of my LI, and lounged around a bit.

I feel inspired by your wonderful creation. I really feel like making my own Tahoe home now too. :)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, WillowTenage said:

I've to agree with Kira, this house just looks super comfortable. Open spaces with proper artwork. Nice work man. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, AbaciHiems said:

I've to agree with Kira, this house just looks super comfortable. Open spaces with proper artwork. Nice work man. 

Thank you, the house is based off of the original Tahoe home which I fell in love with on my alt.  I'm surprised with how much room I was left with, even after shrinking it down.

Snapshot_351.thumb.png.b12c6735ad45bc6eabf6966bca2e7791.png

I just placed the original one I recreated on top of mine, it is huge!  

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, WillowTenage said:

Thank you, the house is based off of the original Tahoe home which I fell in love with on my alt.  I'm surprised with how much room I was left with, even after shrinking it down.

Snapshot_351.thumb.png.b12c6735ad45bc6eabf6966bca2e7791.png

I just placed the original one I recreated on top of mine, it is huge!  

I think someone mentioned a texture pack you get these days for your premium home. Is that were you got these (Aspen?) Tahoe textures too? Cuz they look very close to the original. :) If not, then good job on recreating them!

Edited by kiramanell
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

I think someone mention a texture packed you get these days for your premium home. Is that were you got these (Aspen?) Tahoe textures too? Cuz they look very close to the original. :) If not, then good job on recreating them!

They do give you a texture pack, and it is a great one too they even include a few mesh items :)I used the traditional house siding as my floor and ceiling :)  Outside, on my patio I used the brick and cement texture to form a wall and I splurged a little and used their hedge.

Snapshot_342.thumb.png.184057f84ad9a4f053b989ca38669614.png

Edit:
Forgot to mention, that yes the Tahoe textures were used for the house, even the doors :)

Edited by WillowTenage
  • Like 4

a remodel a bit ---- Adams turned into a 2 bed 1 Bath

I have a garden and a few things in the backyard as well... After everything was set out and done i have about 50 free prims left from the allotment, I am pretty proud of myself on this one and I love my New home :D

Snapshot_001.png

Snapshot_002.png

Snapshot_003.png

Snapshot_004.png

Snapshot_006.png

Edited by Nascha Turquoise
  • Like 18

7 minutes ago, Nascha Turquoise said:

a remodel a bit ---- Adams turned into a 2 bed 1 Bath

I have a garden and a few things in the backyard as well... After everything was set out and done i have about 50 free prims left from the allotment, I am pretty proud of myself on this one and I love my New home :D

Snapshot_001.png

Snapshot_002.png

Snapshot_003.png

Snapshot_004.png

Snapshot_006.png

All y'all need to stop making such beautiful homes! :) Cuz it's going to be progressively harder for me to come close to any of this -- let alone, top it. LOL.

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, WillowTenage said:

They do give you a texture pack, and it is a great one too they even include a few mesh items :)I used the traditional house siding as my floor and ceiling :)  Outside, on my patio I used the brick and cement texture to form a wall and I splurged a little and used their hedge.

Snapshot_342.thumb.png.184057f84ad9a4f053b989ca38669614.png

Edit:
Forgot to mention, that yes the Tahoe textures were used for the house, even the doors :)

Thx. Maybe I should just take a Tahoe home, for now, and start taking measurements. :)

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Thx. Maybe I should just take a Tahoe home, for now, and start taking measurements. :)

Just make sure you don't miss out on your opportunity for when the new homes become available :)  They are amazing homes though, I'm leaving my alt in the Tahoe until much later on, I really do like it that much. 

I hope one of the newer models of homes they make for us later, is based on the Aframe design, and completely open for us to design as we so desire.

Edited by WillowTenage
  • Like 3

Down to seven land impact points - OH MY!

But since my parcel is packed to the gills (or fence line) and looking great there are no big worries. I only need decorative clutter in the upstairs bedroom and that will present itself over time. 

Meanwhile I decided to move the pottery bench and decor into the little guest house or whatever and make a pottery studio. The old pottery area became a 5 o'clock visiting area. All good.

2063469147_potteryshop.thumb.jpg.fd35d1faa1ec658b2ac0641baa9866a6.jpg

patio.thumb.jpg.dfbdff738c163b895468c8a1fe056a9b.jpg

• Like 13

6 hours ago, kiramanell said:

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

But I think you must be logged in to Second Life to abandon your Tahoe home, or any Linden home. This means that while you do that, the house you want can be gone. Especially if you are at work, and can't log in for many hours. If you don't have a LL home, you can log into www.secondlife.com, using your phone, and claim a home on the website.

It is just speculation, how many will abandon their house to try and get a boat. It can be many, it can be a few. If it is a few, then the houses will go quick.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

But I think you must be logged in to Second Life to abandon your Tahoe home, or any Linden home. This means that while you do that, the house you want can be gone. Especially if you are at work, and can't log in for many hours. If you don't have a LL home, you can log into www.secondlife.com, using your phone, and claim a home on the website.

It is just speculation, how many will abandon their house to try and get a boat. It can be many, it can be a few. If it is a few, then the houses will go quick.

I had already abandoned my old Premium home, so I could pick up a new one from the website. That worked out, well, not so well. :) Getting a Tahoe home would just be temporary measure, to take some measurements/photos, to see what to emulate when I build one on my own sim. With my luck, just when I do, you'll see new ones will be released right then, LOL.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kiramanell said:

I had already abandoned my old Premium home, so I could pick up a new one from the website. That worked out, well, not so well. :) Getting a Tahoe home would just be temporary measure, to take some measurements/photos, to see what to emulate when I build one on my own sim. With my luck, just when I do, you'll see new ones will be released right then, LOL.

Yes, if you are free to abadon your old home fast, that's not a problem.

I was thinking about those who are at work or can't log into SL for many hours. If getting a new home is what they really, really want and they know they can't log into Second Life for several hours a day, it is a risk to take an old home.

• Like 3

What do you all think, should I keep my former garage in here as a shed?  I'm kind of iffy on it right now, I will add doors to the front.  I don't want my yard to look too cluttered and I don't want to annoy my neighbors.  I'm keeping the fence for sure, I like it.

Anyway it is all set up on a rezzer, so it is not permanent. 

Snapshot_357.thumb.png.70749d7aa5bc4f79f8aceba24c889dad.png

Start posting more pictures!! I need my fix SL forums :)

Edit:
I've put in some tulips, grass, planters, added the door, put in a little step, picked the right color for the shed,  and this is the final result

Snapshot_363.thumb.png.7bb9b8a08e5fe9fbcaf8c82d34ed1a48.png

Edited by WillowTenage
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, Mollymews said:

i like that you make stuff with prims :)

Thank you, I love working with prims, doing all of my building in world really inspires me to keep going.   That is the problem with working with mesh for me, if I can't see it in world, and tweak it in world, I start to lose interest :(  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WillowTenage said:

What do you all think, should I keep my former garage in here as a shed?  I'm kind of iffy on it right now, I will add doors to the front.  I don't want my yard to look too cluttered and I don't want to annoy my neighbors.  I'm keeping the fence for sure, I like it.

Anyway it is all set up on a rezzer, so it is not permanent. 

I've put in some tulips, grass, planters, added the door, put in a little step, picked the right color for the shed,  and this is the final result

Snapshot_363.thumb.png.7bb9b8a08e5fe9fbcaf8c82d34ed1a48.png

It looks really well made, and there is no such thing as a cluttered backyard. I should know, having a carport, front porch, garden with greenhouse, shed, 2 huge terraces, a koi pond and even a statue. (well, 2 statues, but the one is really small. Really, really small)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

It looks really well made, and there is no such thing as a cluttered backyard. I should know, having a carport, front porch, garden with greenhouse, shed, 2 huge terraces, a koi pond and even a statue. (well, 2 statues, but the one is really small. Really, really small)

Thanks Marianne, all of you really make it work though and your yards flow so nicely.  I was really considering a greenhouse shed,  but my pool needed a little shed, plus I can make it into a spare room later on.

Two more pictures because I love sharing them, I think I'm just about done with landscaping :) I might add some more plants later on, perhaps some ivy hanging off of the wall as well.  I modified the shed one more time, because I wanted the door to be off on one side.  I'll probably replace the windows later on too :)  I took out the grass, because it was too unwieldy and it also took a lot of my LI, I might add some later on.

Snapshot_367.thumb.png.74bccde328e110f5f3576c88f5c23800.png

Here is from the street view, it is mostly hidden by trees and the shed :)  I have a bunch of bushes in my front yard, so it is nearly invisible.

Snapshot_370.thumb.png.b2cd868d6709bbe8e9134ff31cb6a04d.png

Total LI of home furnishings and yard is 194 :) I have it all set on a rezzer, so that when I bring out my skybox, my yard vanishes and vice versa, having my yard is at the expense of any skybox.  I'm looking forward to the holidays now.

Edited by WillowTenage
  • Like 6