The Linden Homes Photo Thread

Patch Linden

4 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

That houseboat is very close to mine. I love that they have a 24/7 party boat going on!

I think they are pretty close to mine too, but I forgot to LM the place!  They do look like they are having a great time!!  WOW!  Maybe we are neighbours!!  :D:D 

Just now, BJoyful said:

I think they are pretty close to mine too, but I forgot to LM the place!  They do look like they are having a great time!!  WOW!  Maybe we are neighbours!!  :D:D 

We might be! My alt owns my houseboat, so I am in stealth mode there. lol

• Like 1

Dear friends some days I noticed not only in my house but also in other houses that some textures are blurred, for example the piece of road in front of my house is blurred, but a few meters later it is in focus. my floor is in focus, but the stairs are not. So I visited some empty houses more in the center, I am on the border with an area still to be built. In the most central houses, some had  entrances in focus , others didn't, so if I see in focus it's not my focus problem. have you noticed the same? I attach photos, maybe you can tell me ... if I have to do something

the first is my fire floor and the stairs no

the second is road in front my house , a part is blurred and the other is in focus 

the third is of a house in the center perfectly in focus

I don't know if you have it but I give you a useful link where to take a hud with all the lm to rez cars, boats and planes, I put it as an object on the low wall of the house, so who wants to can use it, just click on the green dots

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Bellisseria-Linden-Rez-zones-map/17166108?id=17166108&slug=Bellisseria-Linden-Rez-zones-map

Yasmin do it 

enjoy muah

floor_001.png

road_001.png

ground2_001.png

Edited by deplove
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, deplove said:

Dear friends some days I noticed not only in my house but also in other houses that some textures are blurred, for example the piece of road in front of my house is blurred, but a few meters later it is in focus. my floor is in focus, but the stairs are not. So I visited some empty houses more in the center, I am on the border with an area still to be built. In the most central houses, some had  entrances in focus , others didn't, so if I see in focus it's not my focus problem. have you noticed the same? I attach photos, maybe you can tell me ... if I have to do something

the first is my fire floor and the stairs no

the second is road in front my house , a part is blurred and the other is in focus 

the third is of a house in the center perfectly in focus

I don't know if you have it but I give you a useful link where to take a hud with all the lm to rez cars, boats and planes, I put it as an object on the low wall of the house, so who wants to can use it, just click on the green dots

Blurring textures is invariably a local issue: aka, shortage of texture memory in your (TPV) viewer. In Firestorm you can set this to a max of 2G (tried to locate the corresponding setting in LL viewer, but couldn't find it). However, on a full sim, like Bellessaria, the most immediate cause and solution is to limit your draw distance. If you have set it to like 512m, things will start to blur, as simply too much needs to be (re)loaded all the time. Try setting it to 128m maybe, or 64m, if need be. But be sure to find your texture memory setting too (as there's no point lowering dd when you wouldn't have to yet).

Edited by kiramanell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Wow, I am incredibly impressed with all of these photos. It's amazing how much one can do now that mesh is here and objects are so low prim in most instances. 

I don't pay much attention to LL's homes since I've been away from mainland for years but this is making me think about having one of my alts go premium to snag one of the upcoming plots. I took a walk/fly around the continent yesterday and was surprised how how well laid out it all is.  They did a great job with the choice of home styles and there's enough land between them so you don't feel cramped near your neighbor at all - although the houseboats are a wee bit too near each other for my tastes. 

I'm curious how you all managed to get your lot?  Was there advance notification? Was the home randomly assigned or is there some amount of choice provided? First come first served?

• Like 2

There was a blog post announcement on the dashboard, and in here as well. There is a link you click under Account - Premium Membership to get a home. If any new homes are available (it is first come, first served), that is where you find them. You have the choice of traditional home or houseboat. When you choose one, you are assigned a random parcel in that area. Each parcel has four versions of homes that you can choose by clicking on an object at the parcel, so you can try all styles out and change them out whenever you like. 

ETA: Link to initial blog notification:  

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

There was a blog post announcement on the dashboard, and in here as well. There is a link you click under Account - Premium Membership to get a home. If any new homes are available (it is first come, first served), that is where you find them. You have the choice of traditional home or houseboat. When you choose one, you are assigned a random parcel in that area. Each parcel has four versions of homes that you can choose by clicking on an object at the parcel, so you can try all styles out and change them out whenever you like. 

ETA: Link to initial blog notification:  

Thank you Sylvia. Much appreciated!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Thank you Sylvia. Much appreciated!

You're welcome! One more thing (I'll probably think of 20 others later lol). If you don't care for the location of the parcel you are assigned, you can abandon and try again up to five times per day. Once you like the land you are on, then you can pick the style house you like, so it's really pretty customizable (within limits of course).  :)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

You're welcome! One more thing (I'll probably think of 20 others later lol). If you don't care for the location of the parcel you are assigned, you can abandon and try again up to five times per day. Once you like the land you are on, then you can pick the style house you like, so it's really pretty customizable (within limits of course).  :)

Do you think it's better to pick one now  from what's available on the grid, or wait until the upcoming new continent homes show up?

6 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Do you think it's better to pick one now  from what's available on the grid, or wait until the upcoming new continent homes show up?

The old linden homes are NOT like the ones over on Bellisseria (omg I typed that correctly the first try!). If you see Traditional or House Boat show up, and want one now, grab it fast because it meant someone abandoned it and they will go fast.

If you see: Meadowbrook, Tahoe, Elderglen, or Sahreta Osumai - those are the First Generation/older ones that came out in 2010.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Zoya McDonnagh said:

Which for me translates to, "As soon as I am 'done' decorating one, I rip it all up and pick another house to work with!"

Yessss! I've decorated 2 of the homes and now, after going on the Parade of Homes tour, I'm ready to try a 3rd one! So much fun and such a great community! I've met some wonderful people! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Zoya explained it perfectly. You want to watch for Traditional or Houseboat. They will show up before the older homes, so if you see older homes first, refresh and keep refreshing! As soon as you see a new home pop up, type in a nonsense name as fast as you can (it needs to have five letters; I just typed "aaaaa" really quickly) then accept the terms, and with any luck, you grabbed it before someone else did. For now, lucking into an abandoned home is the only way to get a new one until the next batch is released.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PurrBlaize said:

Yessss! I've decorated 2 of the homes and now, after going on the Parade of Homes tour, I'm ready to try a 3rd one! So much fun and such a great community! I've met some wonderful people! 

The community has been so wonderful. I hope it continues. I haven't been to the Parade of Homes as RL decided to step in and remind me that it exists lol

Edited by Zoya McDonnagh

4 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Unless you are extremely fortunate for either "Traditional" or "Houseboat" to show up in the home selection box, don't get one of the older homes if what you want is the new ones - you can only have one Linden home, so you would need to abandon the old one before being able to get a new one when the next release becomes available. I have a feeling that the next batch will go fast also, as there is so much more attention being paid to them now.  

You can follow Patch's thread to get notified when he adds another post to it.  

19 hours ago, kiramanell said:

Le trame sfocate sono invariabilmente un problema locale : ovvero, carenza di memoria delle texture nel tuo visualizzatore (TPV). In Firestorm puoi impostare questo valore su un massimo di 2G (provato a localizzare l'impostazione corrispondente nel visualizzatore LL, ma non riuscendo a trovarlo). Tuttavia, su una sim completa, come Bellessaria, la causa e la soluzione più immediata è limitare la distanza di pesca . Se lo hai impostato su 512m, le cose inizieranno a sfumare, poiché semplicemente troppo deve essere (re) caricato tutto il tempo. Prova a impostarlo su 128m forse, o 64m, se necessario. Ma assicuratevi di trovare anche le impostazioni della memoria delle texture (dato che non è necessario abbassare il dd quando non dovreste ancora farlo).

dear Kiramanell thanks for your advice but I tried them all, I have a 4GB geo-force card, I followed your advice but nothing changes. What bothers me is that these textures I see well in other houses but not mine. I sent a ticket to the support aspect to see what they tell me. Thank you again

• Like 1