The Linden Homes Photo Thread

Patch Linden

1 minute ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I can understand what you mean, but maybe he talked to his nextdoor neighbours and they don't mind? - or just derender it?

The problem with just derendering it is that it gives them permission to keep it up, which gives someone else permission to do something else, maybe stretching the realm of acceptable a little further, and then someone else, and someone else, and BOOM, next thing you know it looks like the mainland instead of a community.

• Like 3

Well I know what you mean - we call that "Wehret den Anfängen!" (difficult to translate something like "don't let them even BEGIN") Still in this case it is within my personal toleranz limit and not without.

Maybe I would feel different if he was MY next door neighbour. ;)

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Quiet Mirabella said:

My first ideas for my houseboat, will post some better pictures when I have cluttered it up a little more - I still got about 80 prims ot use ❤️

That is lovely!!  WOW!  I have chosen that same Houseboat and I love the floorplan and design you came up with!  Absolutely gorgeous!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I can understand what you mean, but maybe he talked to his nextdoor neighbours and they don't mind? - or just derender it?

Linden governance will never accept 'use of a feature that does not exist in the official client' as an acceptable solution to any reported issue.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I'm having fun wandering around the squished pickle, yesterday it was a bit laggy but today I'm able to zip through with no problem :)

I took several pictures, a lot in my own houseboat, but I decided eventually to use one of the tubes available on the beaches, it was pretty funny trying to get a picture because every time I would try to focus on a houseboat my avatar would float off screen 🤣  I'm still on the floater, and am wondering where I'll end up at when I go back to my viewer.  I love all of the open water to ride my boat around in, or in this case just to casually be pushed around by the tube.

Snapshot_485.thumb.png.a659f612cd084fd044a61451cf1e0c2e.png

Another snapshot I took that I like, you can see my little houseboat putting along.  The moles have done such a great job of putting this all together.  

Snapshot_482.thumb.png.ca003bde64abf096248a11b5d1169e91.png

In the short time that I started this post, I wandered into a bunch of rocks 😁  When you have a chance, grab a tube and see where it takes you let the winds be the guiding force in your ventures :)

Snapshot_486.thumb.png.35b578499f6cce1e4cffacd05781ae62.png

Water, water everywhere, but not a drop to drink. 

Snapshot_487.thumb.png.98cc38bcc96ba4595aee4e0d25ce7636.png

Edited by WillowTenage
  • Like 17

12 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

When you made them you can tell me ... can one just TINT the existing textures of the walls or can one REPLACE single side textures - so that for instance I could have one wall with a pattern of my choice? And can one also replace the floor or ceiling? Could I make a kitchen with tiles for instance? walls and floor?

No, as far as I know you cannot TINT the existing textures of the walls.  I made these in mesh. I wanted the ability to have more color options and be able to have different colors in each room. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moles
12 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

When you made them you can tell me ... can one just TINT the existing textures of the walls or can one REPLACE single side textures - so that for instance I could have one wall with a pattern of my choice? And can one also replace the floor or ceiling? Could I make a kitchen with tiles for instance? walls and floor?

You can certainly add new prim or mesh walls/ceilings/floors coverings to hide what's there, as many people people posting in this thread have done. You can't link them to the house, though, and you cannot change the textures on the house itself (that includes re-tinting them). You own the parcel, but you don't actually own the house. Its root prim is outside of your parcel on Protected Land and the building belongs to Linden Lab.  That's why it doesn't count against the Land Impact on your parcel.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Not much yet. Spent most of the afternoon/evening making mesh inserts, barely any decorating yet.

13812533_WindlassInserts.thumb.jpg.1bb57932f511c1a2af1b28de0ad0879b.jpg

Then I decided to do a bit of swimming lol

Swimming.thumb.jpg.d76bf5b770c4b55c20b0905dfa7727d1.jpg

nothing impressive, but it's a start!

eta~ yes, Zoya's wearing something. I just realized its hard to see her bikini after I already hit submit.

Edited by Zoya McDonnagh
  • Like 18

5 hours ago, Dyna Mole said:

You can certainly add new prim or mesh walls/ceilings/floors coverings to hide what's there, as many people people posting in this thread have done. You can't link them to the house, though, and you cannot change the textures on the house itself (that includes re-tinting them). You own the parcel, but you don't actually own the house. Its root prim is outside of your parcel on Protected Land and the building belongs to Linden Lab.  That's why it doesn't count against the Land Impact on your parcel.

I am sorry but there is a misunderstanding. I know all this but I was talking to @Chablis Kinsella who has made a mesh interior hiding the walls (and floor? and ceiling?) and thus enabeling you to do just that: tint (or texture?) single walls differently from the rest. I asked her about the possibilities this device gives you in detail. She sells them in the MP but as they are rather expensive I want to make sure what thy can do and can't.

11 hours ago, Chablis Kinsella said:

Testing meshed walls in the new Continental Linden home. :)

I still have to mesh out the wall over layers and floors (defaults are horrible) still need to do the bump map and reflection texture layers and upload them. Ill release the over layers for styles for free when done. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I am sorry but there is a misunderstanding. I know all this but I was talking to @Chablis Kinsella who has made a mesh interior hiding the walls (and floor? and ceiling?) and thus enabeling you to do just that: tint (or texture?) single walls differently from the rest. I asked her about the possibilities this device gives you in detail. She sells them in the MP but as they are rather expensive I want to make sure what thy can do and can't.

im working on over lay kits that will be free to residences. as well as crown molding options. I have to finish my crown moldign for hte one boat hose and the extension room off bedroom. Been to busy a work week so will work on it this weekend. 

I can't do much for the traditional homes only boat houses.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I Looooooove everyone's pics, it gives me ideas for my houseboat!! I have decided to slowly decorate it, since I tend to do rush jobs and end up being "meh" about the final decor because I didn't take time to be creative or think things out.

Keep the pics coming, please! 🤸‍♂️🏋️‍♂️🏘️

• Like 3

12 hours ago, anthonytorino said:

im working on over lay kits that will be free to residences. as well as crown molding options. I have to finish my crown moldign for hte one boat hose and the extension room off bedroom. Been to busy a work week so will work on it this weekend. 

I can't do much for the traditional homes only boat houses.

Yayyy!!! Can't wait... and thank you!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ClariceRose said:

I Looooooove everyone's pics, it gives me ideas for my houseboat!! I have decided to slowly decorate it, since I tend to do rush jobs and end up being "meh" about the final decor because I didn't take time to be creative or think things out.

Keep the pics coming, please! 🤸‍♂️🏋️‍♂️🏘️

I second that! I feel like hunting for special pieces of decor is half the fun :)

• Like 3