LeoTheLoyal

trublbe with voodoo

Question

I Have been going to the same sims for a few years one of witch has had the same nude beach skinny dip inn the name of the place and i went there after i had gone to this one club on an other sim named wet willies they had this voodoo security system eject and ban script prim and got ejected and banned from wet willies  for no reasion and now at any place that has this voodoo security rezed on the sim t automaticly ejects me from the sim and i'm unable to go o that sim  saying iv been banned from the sim by voodoo and it im me this message to get unbanned go to their web site to and it shows a link to this site i tried it but they never respond to my instant message i'm pretty sure its just a way to grife people and is against the LL TOS is there a way LInden can do anything about this at all its to the point its getting to really make me so angery that i want to well take things into my own hands and find out who these scumbags are in RL and do really bad stuff to them that person who is the one who made the voodoo security items really should be banned and all his stuff removed from the market place if its on sale there  i haven't looked though and anyone using it on their sim or have a store vender using it should remove it and or stop using it this is just BS i have people i go to these sims with some times and places they TP me to only to be ejected and banned by this scripted item im pretty sure there are others who have this same problem with this voodoo and its web site!

On 12/16/2018 at 10:43 AM, LeoTheLoyal said:

I Have been going to the same sims for a few years one of witch has had the same nude beach skinny dip inn the name of the place and i went there after i had gone to this one club on an other sim named wet willies they had this voodoo security system eject and ban script prim and got ejected and banned from wet willies  for no reasion and now at any place that has this voodoo security rezed on the sim t automaticly ejects me from the sim and i'm unable to go o that sim  saying iv been banned from the sim by voodoo and it im me this message to get unbanned go to their web site to and it shows a link to this site i tried it but they never respond to my instant message i'm pretty sure its just a way to grife people and is against the LL TOS is there a way LInden can do anything about this at all its to the point its getting to really make me so angery that i want to well take things into my own hands and find out who these scumbags are in RL and do really bad stuff to them that person who is the one who made the voodoo security items really should be banned and all his stuff removed from the market place if its on sale there  i haven't looked though and anyone using it on their sim or have a store vender using it should remove it and or stop using it this is just BS i have people i go to these sims with some times and places they TP me to only to be ejected and banned by this scripted item im pretty sure there are others who have this same problem with this voodoo and its web site!

On 12/16/2018 at 12:09 PM, Love Zhaoying said:

Avoid voodoo witches.

Its better to avoid reading an ugly text wall. Its like someone just spits into the forum and we have to clean it.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Roxy Couturier said:

My suggestion would be to AR the maker of Voodoo every time you get banned from an new venue as, through his device, it's defaming you.

The problem with those networked security devices is... you are already whisked away once they publicly announce they removed you (yes some of them do so - which IMHO clearly constitutes as naming and shaming) - you cannot AR without seeing the evidence.

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

The problem with those networked security devices is... you are already whisked away once they publicly announce they removed you (yes some of them do so - which IMHO clearly constitutes as naming and shaming) - you cannot AR without seeing the evidence.

The very act of banning you is however ARable in this instance. You can AR because in some way shape or form, it -is- defaming the individual targeted. That's the price of hosting a vigilante system. Live by the sword, die by the sword.. or petard as the case may be.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Roxy Couturier said:

The very act of banning you is however ARable in this instance. You can AR because in some way shape or form, it -is- defaming the individual targeted.

in what way is it defaming?, Voodo doesn't publish any info, names or any other personal info.
There's no loss, harm or any negative effect other than slightly uncomfortable feelings by being banned/denied access to a sim for previous reasons at another location.

If it was reportable i'm pretty sure it would have be gone for very long time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ethan Paslong said:

in what way is it defaming?, Voodo doesn't publish any info, names or any other personal info.
There's no loss, harm or any negative effect other than slightly uncomfortable feelings by being banned/denied access to a sim for previous reasons at another location.

If it was reportable i'm pretty sure it would have be gone for very long time.

The fact that it bans you says something negative about you to a venue owner. The owner of the system is pretty spiteful and added folk to the list back in the greenzone/redzone days that were in the greenzone group or had an opinion (on that other forum we can't name) of the system.

I might be on his ban list. I don't know and I don't care. I've yet to be anyplace that even has his system in the intervening years, but if I ever do, and it bans me, I'll be filing that AR.

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 8:44 AM, Roxy Couturier said:

The owner of the system is pretty spiteful and added folk to the list back in the greenzone/redzone days that were in the greenzone group or had an opinion (on that other forum we can't name) of the system.

This bears repeating. The creator of the system added people to the list manually that he didn't like, for all sorts of various reasons- including joining groups to get their member list, just to add the whole list.

That said, most intelligent people know not to use these types of systems, so there's plenty of other sims to visit, and that's your best option. Just go somewhere else.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

Sounds like you have been listed in a networked security system. These are not against the TOS and not seen as griefing. People who own clubs have every right to use them or any means to help police who is allowed to be on there property. 

This is just your interpretation. I was banned by Vodoo security system in one occasion too.

They ban people based on subjective stuff like "entering into a sim one time" "entering into one group one time" and "using vpn".

This means they can ban you for existing as well or creating an avatar with a name they don't like, a hairstyle they don't like etc etc

This can enter into defamation category and harassment and intolerance in fact. (I do not need to explain t why I use vpn or not, we are not in Third Reich and ips are something only LindenLabs should be allowed to use in the first place not some random guy who has no idea about cybersecurity)

But for Leo what matters is... that you need to actually find  a way for Vodoo to unban you. I would go inworld to their sim and talk to some official in there. Try to explain you never trolled anybody and that's it. Maybe if you are lucky they will delete the ban.

If not, explain in a report to Linden Labs that you are being harassed by Vodoo security system, defamed grid way through the usage of their system which falsely advertises the capacity to ban grieffers en masse when in fact it just bans random people for a multitude of useless reasons while advertising the contrary.

Afterwards report any person who supports Vodoo for the most pitiful TOS violation you ever encounter. You know when you are enforcing TOS you must actually not to commit TOS violations yourself in the first place.

To note: I was able to have my ban lifted but the person who handled it was really rude and no professional at all (he/she basically insulted me in the first place). I just pardon them this once because I do not want troubles or headaches but this is the truth.

Edited by Cronix Byron
Typo
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

they don't need explicit permissions by LL, if they don't breach TOS or laws it's allowed, not different as any business in rl, if they don't break laws it's allowed to proceed business.
As the Voodoo website describes they do not share or publish personal information, not even public (!) visible ip.

i tried to find notecards on MP, but didn't see any related to this. 

My advise would be: find likewise people, make a pot of money and start a lawsuit, it will be the only working solution for this kind of activities if it's found illegal. A ruling by the court will also be the only tool you can hand over to LL to force it to be deleted if it's not found as breach of TOS.

They say they do not publish or share. They could be lying for all I know. /me shrugs Why do I need to believe it? What reassurance is there? None

This of notecards is an example. I could write two notecards with lies and make a script to update it and then to say it is a security system. Technically the legality of the security system therefore would depend of the efficiency of the system and the way to repair errors not just me telling "its my security system woe woe respect it, I do destroy your privacy but do not worry woe woe trust me I will not handle it to anybody"

In regards to lawsuit, no idea if it´s even legal to sue something which passes through linden labs hands when it´s their infrastructure and virtual world etc etc

All I have see though is Vodoo does not have that much respect towards other Second Life citizens, maybe they should rectify that in the first place and show less arrogance.

Edited by Cronix Byron

26 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

could skip everything in your post except these words. 

A land/sim/estate/club/house/store (and so on) owner can deny access to ANY account, at ANY time, for ANY or even NONE reason at all.
TOS isn't violated by that.

You can skip all you want but it will because you don´t read well.

I never said owners could not ban whoever they wanted, I say that defamation, harassment and intolerance is a TOS violation it does not matter if you are the owner or not.

To use devices to store information and to falsely advertise this data belongs to grieffers and trolls when it´s not true therefore enters into harassment, defamation and intolerance article.

Owners can ban but Vodoo security system can not lie.

Owner can ban but can not defame.

Owners can also ban every "black skinned person" of Second Life and they will be allowed... until they get reported and guess linden labs ban them for intolerance.

Etc etc.

Edited by Cronix Byron

8 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

The only evidence we have about the OPs willingness to learn and abide by rules designed to show respect for others, is the OP, which includes no punctuation and no paragraph breaks, and ignores spellcheck. These are all pretty much mastered by second graders who respect those who will be reading. 

My conclusion is that it is not at all unlikely that the OP shows the same disdain for rules in SL he shows here in the forum. Now it may be that he is scrupulous everywhere but here, but there is nothing to lead to that conclusion.

I was banned as well for "entering into a sim" (legal sim) " joining a group" (legal group, for 2 minutes, and sandboxes need group to rezz objects and do all kind of normal things) "and using vpn" (legal usage too). (No, I was not harassing the sim, they just see the sim as enemies of Vodoo system, apparently. )

You should rather answer the problem and not the person who asks for help. He should write better but he is also obviously nervous.

6 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

Wrong. There is no way to tell a persons skin color from looking at his avatar.

I can even know what you download from torrent lists by checking your ip alone (if you use, but there are more lists out there). In any case, your answer is a straw-man, they can know ethnicity by what they like groups etc.

Just imagine it as the "Cambridge Analytica" issue.

Edited by Cronix Byron

27 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

Of course i don't know, but if Voodoo has registered by the local autorities, and keeps their privacy rules, there's nothing violated. No matter how loud there's yelled here. I'm pretty sure LL would have jumped on this long time ago if it would be.

I just wonder who really knows if they even asked linden labs or not.

Even so  If I can not write notecards defaming you then they can not store information regarding people to ban them en masse because same attributes and causes applies.

So If I want to defame I just only need to write notecards and sell them in marketplace ?

I see it like that...

No bashing you here Ethan, just speaking my mind now because I really wonder about that.