What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 minutes ago, Dano Seale said:

They're sarcastically throwing the 'race' card down again Ivy. 

Yeah I know, and it's funny considering that the avi she had as her profile pics skin tone was so white it looked like she'd catch flame like a vampire if she stepped out into the sun 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Such is the nature of these times that I have TWO NEW peeves to share!

1) People who steal MY peeve and use them as their own! And then have the nerve to post them in another thread! I wonder if that is AR-able?*

2) I posted this elsewhere but I am so ished out I want the whole world to know that I'm peeved about peanutsI was watching Vikings and snacking on peanuts. I poured a small handful into my hand and tossed them back. On the last chew there was really, really strongly nasty of unknown taste and the texture of the peanut wasn't "peanut" and it was too late and I swallowed. God, I think it was a bug...**

*Yes, kidding, sarcasm font.

**Absolutely NOT kidding and am traumatized. ew ew ew

• Haha 3

Okay, here is a real peeve - WHY do there have to be so many events?! Especially the weekend ones? I haven't felt like shopping this week, or even being inworld very much, and just realized that I am stressed the eff out because I'm getting behind on events. And I never buy more than a couple of things from any one event, and I can certainly live without any of it at all, but what if I miss something fabulous??

I like events. I like being able to shop for a bunch of things in one place. I don't mind the crowds. But there are just so freaking many of them now and the quality is dropping. A good half of the events could disappear from the grid and no one would really even notice. 

The FOMO is real, y'all.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Okay, here is a real peeve - WHY do there have to be so many events?!

The FOMO is real, y'all.

Hear, hear! Hey OKGenXer... remember shopping areas in SL? Or going to a place that was "Italy" and shopping Italian designers? The joys upon stumbling upon a small, super unique little Japanese shop and buying the coolest goldfish dress? I miss those days so much.

And yeah, weirdly, I have felt that FOMO angst. WTF is that all about?

And the extra coffee I had to get the "bug" out of my mouth has now sent me into overdrive with the typing. sigh

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

There's no need to ever feel you've missed the drama here!

Give me five, and I'll start something up!

And no doubt it'll be a sincere post, with the intention of smoothing the waters, and yet... something will go horribly wrong. Cue the ominous music and

horribly wrong.gif

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

And no doubt it'll be a sincere post, with the intention of smoothing the waters, and yet... something will go horribly wrong. Cue the ominous music and

horribly wrong.gif

I do have something of a poor track record in this regard . . .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I do have something of a poor track record in this regard . . .

No! Say it ain't so! 

Hmmm, in the current wtf-ery mood of the Forumites, this could be extremely easy to achieve. Something like "The differences between the woman's way of peace and tranquility versus the man's... discuss!" ?  Or, hm, "The proper way to achieve harmony in the Forums" or heck, something like "Peace much?" At this point even "Hi!" would probably set everyone off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I'm peeved because Sassy Kenin sent me a gift of a set of butt plugs in world because I..."...talk so much sh*t!".  Apart from trying to decide whether to stick them in my ass or my mouth, all I'm peeved about is being happy someone actually took the time to contact me in there at all!

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.