What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, Dano Seale said:

I'm peeved because Sassy Kenin sent me a gift of a set of butt plugs in world because I..."...talk so much sh*t!".  Apart from trying to decide whether to stick them in my ass or my mouth, all I'm peeved about is being happy someone actually took the time to contact me in there at all!

Erm...? Wut? Was this a good-natured joke that was expected between buddies (mates to y'all) or... something really not that?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Erm...? Wut? Was this a good-natured joke that was expected between buddies (mates to y'all) or... something really not that?

Dunno really. We've had a couple of run-in's lately but nothing too bad. Not sure if it was seriously meant or tongue in cheek tbh. Benefit of the doubt on the latter I guess. Only she'll know which. *shrug*

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Dano Seale said:

Dunno really. We've had a couple of run-in's lately but nothing too bad. Not sure if it was seriously meant or tongue in cheek tbh. Benefit of the doubt on the latter I guess. Only she'll know which. *shrug*

Weird. But hey, like you said, you got contacted inworld and even better... gifts!

If anyone is wondering, I'll take Linden$ for weird gifts. Just sayin'. Ya know. In case anyone was wondering what to get me for saying sh1t in the forums. :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Dano Seale said:

I'm peeved because Sassy Kenin sent me a gift of a set of butt plugs in world because I..."...talk so much sh*t!".  Apart from trying to decide whether to stick them in my ass or my mouth, all I'm peeved about is being happy someone actually took the time to contact me in there at all!

I don't know whether I'm more appalled by the apparent nastiness of the gift, or delighted by the (sort of) wit and ingenuity!

In any case, good for you for taking it in such good humour!

And, yeah, free butt plugs! Yay you?

(Please don't feel it necessary to post pics, though . . .)

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

In any case, good for you for taking it in such good humour!

Well, I can't really complain about everyone never getting MY sense of humour and then b1tch about someone elses (if that's what it actually was) can I?  😆

20 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

And, yeah, free butt plugs! Yay you?

Meh! Cheapo 'freebie' ones by the look of them. Jenna has far better ones stored away from back in 2007 ffs!  Still, I'm impressed she took the time to do it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Dano Seale said:

Well, I can't really complain about everyone never getting MY sense of humour and then b1tch about someone elses (if that's what it actually was) can I?  😆

Piffle. Sure you can. That's the lifeblood of the forum. Dodge. Twist. Parry. Deny. Double down. Prevaricate. Obfuscate. 

n stuff

lots and lots of stuff

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 5

14 minutes ago, Dano Seale said:

Meh! Cheapo 'freebie' ones by the look of them. Jenna has far better ones stored away from back in 2007 ffs!  Still, I'm impressed she took the time to do it.

I'll have to take your word for it . . . I've never had any use for butt plugs.

Now, a ball gag, on the other hand . . .

• Haha 4

I do.  Amina does.  Selene does.

Seicher does too, but her excuse (tonight, at least) is that she's high on a poison bug she mistook for a peanut.  Plus drugs.  Plus coffee.

Why is it that I suddenly want to be somewhere on the Ohio river, fishing for refrigerators?

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Seicher does too, but her excuse (tonight, at least) is that she's high on a poison bug she mistook for a peanut.  Plus drugs.  Plus coffee.

Well, when you put it like that... It sounds a little weird.

And yes, I did say I'm stepping away from the keyboard due to ^^^, but then, I'm an unreliable narrator.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Dano Seale said:

I thought only Scylla used those kind of big words!  😲

darn it. You quoted before I edited and made those two words more matchy-matchy. (Also a big word, well a big hyphenate. Well, a middle-sized hyphenate.)(I could have said analogous but it isn't as big as matchy-matchy.)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

Such is the nature of these times that I have TWO NEW peeves to share!

1) People who steal MY peeve and use them as their own! And then have the nerve to post them in another thread! I wonder if that is AR-able?*

2) I posted this elsewhere but I am so ished out I want the whole world to know that I'm peeved about peanutsI was watching Vikings and snacking on peanuts. I poured a small handful into my hand and tossed them back. On the last chew there was really, really strongly nasty of unknown taste and the texture of the peanut wasn't "peanut" and it was too late and I swallowed. God, I think it was a bug...**

*Yes, kidding, sarcasm font.

**Absolutely NOT kidding and am traumatized. ew ew ew

EEEEWWWWW.  I eat nuts one at a time now, after a similar experience.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Oh, I'm quite sure it did. 

For once it actually didn't lol. Probably makes her face turn red like Tinkerbell's though because we have something other than her to talk about 😂

giphy.gif

Edited by IvyLarae
Added gif for reference
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, IvyLarae said:

For once it actually didn't lol. Probably makes her face turn red like Tinkerbell's though because we have something other than her to talk about 😂

The wide-eyed, innocent "what happened?" was a terrible move, but honestly it's been painfully obvious since long before that.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.