Winter Swaginator

Love Zhaoying

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1955 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

28 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

So I wasn't so sure I really wanted to get this week's gift, but seeing this now I must have it!!!

The bookcase is actually one with acceptable LI usage, the other furniture is great if you put it on your veranda, LOD/LI properties of it are IMHO too high for indoor furniture (well it is a nice set - it is mod - if you have the prims to place them there's nothing wrong with it)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

The bookcase is actually one with acceptable LI usage, the other furniture is great if you put it on your veranda, LOD/LI properties of it are IMHO too high for indoor furniture (well it is a nice set - it is mod - if you have the prims to place them there's nothing wrong with it)

The LI count of the previous two is why I wasn't so sure I was going to hunt for this one because I have no idea where a tree that glows is located in LR. But that book is a must have! So I'm here searching. Someone send a guide or at least a sack lunch.. lol.

• Like 1

Elfangor, no, technically you are not required to "play the game" in the sense of gathering the silly crystals. But the game is FORCED on you because the monsters COME FOR YOU. Sorry, that IS being forced to play a game, when you have to dodge them. You can't just "run to it." They get you.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

Elfangor, no, technically you are not required to "play the game" in the sense of gathering the silly crystals. But the game is FORCED on you because the monsters COME FOR YOU. Sorry, that IS being forced to play a game, when you have to dodge them. You can't just "run to it." They get you.

I agree, it should have been hidden within the savety parameters of the workshop as were the glytches in the previous realms incarnation.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Mari Moonbeam said:

Not going to cam what 100 regions?

You get there from portal park, then it's one region from that landing zone, to a point in the forest.

You can stop in the safezones and cam from there. If you TP in, cam for it without moving, and place a beacon on your map you can walk right to it, just dodging the rocks and quicksand.

• Like 1

Sadly the hud experience attaches. But if you look for the tree from the safezone it's pretty easy to cut a direct line and skip them all. Just watch out for the quicksand near the tree.

And if you step in the quicksand, but are in the same region as the box (I did this) the box can be clicked from a distance.

• Like 1

I don't enjoy games like Linden Realms either, but based on some of the earlier clues people gave in this thread, I was able to follow the signs to the forest and found that I only needed to go to the 2nd safe zone where I could do some reconnaissance and locate the tree and then the box.  I pretty much just stayed on the stone path to get to the safe zones.  

Prior to figuring out that plan, I had only 1 run-in with a rock monster when I was going cross-country by the tree - that is how I found the safe zone for that area - but my later, and my alt's - attempts (focusing on following the path to the safe zones) were both rock monster free.  So it was not at all as bad as I had been imagining it would be.

• Like 4

I've been trying to do the four quests in Linden Realms (these are required to be able to cash the crystals). So far I've finished three of them. The last one (mountain) is a real PITA. Every single time something hits you and you have to start that quest again. And in worst case you are sent back very far from where you already were. Do again the same routes what you already have done. Aargghh... very bad! The interest in trying to finish the quest starts to fade away quickly. :(

Anyway, finding the gift box is a child's play compared to finishing all the quests.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:
6 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Each realm is only 12 sims, lucky for me i'm not allowed there still so as nice as the gift looks i don't get to waste any time hunting for it

They are experience keyed zones, no entry without the experience active. Did you block the experience?

I'm pretty sure she previously mentioned that she had somehow gotten banned from LR.

I'm surprised I didn't get banned my first few visits long ago.  I have 'fly on TP' set and also always have 'fly override' on, thus I always showed up there hovering in the air and didn't realize at first that flying was prohibited. 

• Like 1

I decided to persistent in solving the fourth quest in Linden Realms. After many failed attempts I finally made it. Yay! :SwingingFriends:

Then I went to the pay terminal, I got total of 78 L$. Not really worth the time and effort - unless you are after some adventure and lots of running.
Final words from the terminal:
"You may continue collecting crystals but remember that you may only redeem them until Thursday 12-13-2018 at 14:45 PST. After that, you will need to complete all four quests again before you will be allowed to redeem crystals." :S Erm... no thanks. Once was enough! :P

• Like 1

That was nuts.  After I finally got through grousing about being chased and pummeled by the dorky rocks, I finally found the prize thanks to this thread.  The week's hints were not helpful enough.  I wouldn't have found it without the hints from here.  I like the book case, but the LI is ridiculous.  With mesh available now, it doesn't make sense why I should have to use up 13 prims for one book case.  I do love the humor in the book titles though which is the only reason I tolerated this time consuming detour from what I really love about SL.

2 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

They are experience keyed zones, no entry without the experience active. Did you block the experience?

I am actually banned from there and the portal park for something i did whilst not in the realms fair to say trying to TP somewhere you've came across while scrolling the map isn't always a good idea

• Sad 1

Hello Lindens and Moles:

#3 box isn't working.  This is frustrating.  Especially this box because getting to it isn't easy.

Keep getting this chat message:

[03:43] Winter Gift Box v 1.14: Please stop clicking the box.  It will not respond to you again unless someone else clicks it first.

Another person who was here couldn't get the box to work either.  Now we have sadz...

The mist just kicked me way from the box -- now I have to try to get back to the box again.   Super sadz.   

I will check back later.   

Good night.

2 hours ago, Pixels Sideways said:

Hello Lindens and Moles:

#3 box isn't working.  This is frustrating.  Especially this box because getting to it isn't easy.

Keep getting this chat message:

[03:43] Winter Gift Box v 1.14: Please stop clicking the box.  It will not respond to you again unless someone else clicks it first.

Another person who was here couldn't get the box to work either.  Now we have sadz...

The mist just kicked me way from the box -- now I have to try to get back to the box again.   Super sadz.   

I will check back later.   

Good night.

Try going back to portal park and entering the realms again. We have several copies now, I hope at least one in one realms instance works. Just compare the number of the landing region (note the one which is not working and return to portal until you get to one that works).

Edited by Fionalein

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1955 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.