Winter Swaginator

Love Zhaoying

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1949 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 12/6/2018 at 11:40 AM, moirakathleen said:

I don't enjoy games like Linden Realms either, but based on some of the earlier clues people gave in this thread, I was able to follow the signs to the forest and found that I only needed to go to the 2nd safe zone where I could do some reconnaissance and locate the tree and then the box.  I pretty much just stayed on the stone path to get to the safe zones.  

Prior to figuring out that plan, I had only 1 run-in with a rock monster when I was going cross-country by the tree - that is how I found the safe zone for that area - but my later, and my alt's - attempts (focusing on following the path to the safe zones) were both rock monster free.  So it was not at all as bad as I had been imagining it would be.

Would you say that the prize you got is worth doing all this?

55 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

Worth?  It's a free gift.  Get it or don't get it.  On the plus side, you get something you didn't pay for and might find useful.  On the down side, you lost a few minutes out of your busy day.  There's not a big deal either way, as far as I can see.

Still, as they say, never miss a chance to kick a gift horse in the teeth.  🙄

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Pixels Sideways said:

Hello Lindens and Moles:

#3 box isn't working.  This is frustrating.  Especially this box because getting to it isn't easy.

Keep getting this chat message:

[03:43] Winter Gift Box v 1.14: Please stop clicking the box.  It will not respond to you again unless someone else clicks it first.

Another person who was here couldn't get the box to work either.  Now we have sadz...

The mist just kicked me way from the box -- now I have to try to get back to the box again.   Super sadz.   

I will check back later.   

Good night.

When you go back, stay in the safe zone after you cross into the sim that has the box.  Then just cam to the box and click it.  Won't fix box issues, but at least you won't have mist or other things get you.

8 hours ago, Coby Foden said:

:ph34r: New challenge to the moles: how to get the boxes working so that they don't break ever so often. Or move mysteriously up in the air.

In areas where flying is not allowed even.  While we could override that at Winter Wonderland, you can be permanently banned from LR and related for flying there.

4 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

I really like the bookcase - it is 13 LI, but overall a nice bookcase.  The lamp is okay - it is 4 LI.  The rugs, one dark and one light, are 5 LI each, which IMO is ridiculous for a mediocre rug.  Heck, I shrunk the rug down as tiny as it would go and it is still 4 LI.  

I stayed at the landing point and cammed the adjacent sims, based on the hints here, looking for the tree that glows in its base. I then marked the location to get a map beacon and determined a path to the appropriate safe zones - one in the landing sim and then to one in the adjacent sim.  Once I hit the safe zone in the sim with the box, I stayed there and cammed to the box to click it.  I'm horrid at LR type of games, so to me, that was the quickest safest way of getting the box.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

Yes - I like the bookcase and the lamp, and it wasn't really a lot of trouble after seeing the hints here about following the signs to the forest.  The 2nd time with an alt was easy, because I knew where the safe zones were (they look like a trampoline to me) and I only had to get to the 2nd one (and then I used my camera skills).  I ignored all crystals and didn't deviate from my path to collect any. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, VelvetCandi said:

Is there a trick to getting the box to work? I was sick on Monday was only able to get on a computer today... Did I miss it? Or is the gift box broken somehow?

Week 3 gift box, I did find it.PNG

Not registering a touch on the box.PNG

There is one copy of the box per instance of tthe Realms - just try another until they are fixed. wait in front of the portal until it says "now sending to LR $NUMBER" and test them all.

9 hours ago, VelvetCandi said:

Is there a trick to getting the box to work? I was sick on Monday was only able to get on a computer today... Did I miss it? Or is the gift box broken somehow?

Week 3 gift box, I did find it.PNG

Not registering a touch on the box.PNG

And definitely do not go off of the HUD indicator to know if you got the box or not, because it does not always update correctly until it has be detached and re-attached (sometimes twice).   Check your inventory for the new box.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Given everything we have so far, I'm still thinking that the "very special new and exclusive gift" for Premiums that will "go with your Winter Swaginator gifts" is going to be a cabin or small house.

Maybe a redeemable wonka ticket to pick your property in SSP (hihi, won't happen)

I'm guessing PaleoQuest - if I'm wrong, please help ... someone helped me, thank you. ~facepalms~

As a side note, I did discover that, apparently, Genus Heads must be BANNED in PaleoQuest LOL (It detaches when I go in and no matter what I do, cannot reattach, but when I leave it reattaches on its own.) SL IS AN ADVENTURE! YAY!

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Haha 1

This gift just happens to be where I spend a great deal of my time in SL these days. That made the clue pretty easy to figure out. It took me 30 seconds to find it and 25 of those were spent flying from where I was when I looked at the blog post with the clue. Please do say hi if you are in the area. And do take some time to look around. There are spots all over the surrounding area that are just gorgeous. I own an expanding land area in the region and I really love it. I also use part of it for public, community display that is open now.

I also don't know where else to post this, but I would like to thank LL and the mole team for some truly fabulous prizes on this hunt. Just perfect for the season. And, unlike most hunts, the prizes have been very useful pretty much immediately given what time of year it is.

Edited by Female Winslet
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1949 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.